Page 379 of 389 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 7773

Thread: [Deck] The Rock

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: [Deck] The Rock

Looks solid to me. I'm not sure how good Lingering Souls is in the online metagame, but its always a great value card regardless. I always want to squeeze more out of them than I should (Cabal Therapy mostly.) I would recommend trying to get hold of a Karakas if you can.

EDIT: That brings me to a question for the Rock crew: which to you like better ATM, Knight of the Reliquary or Lingering Souls? I have 3 flexible slots and those are really my two options. I love the Knight toolbox but I think Lingering Souls might be better at grinding through Stoneblade matchups (which are a big part of my metagame.) I always figured Souls got worse without SfM/equips, but maybe they are just fine on their own.

Thoughts?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by KoDiamonds View Post
    Any input before I run it through?
    I generally subscribe to the sdematt theory of Linger Souls and Equipment that says Batterskull might not be ideal and something (like another Sword) with a lower casting cost and Equip might be better since you can actually get it onto a Spirit token more reasonably.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Looks solid to me. I'm not sure how good Lingering Souls is in the online metagame, but its always a great value card regardless. I always want to squeeze more out of them than I should (Cabal Therapy mostly.) I would recommend trying to get hold of a Karakas if you can.

EDIT: That brings me to a question for the Rock crew: which to you like better ATM, Knight of the Reliquary or Lingering Souls? I have 3 flexible slots and those are really my two options. I love the Knight toolbox but I think Lingering Souls might be better at grinding through Stoneblade matchups (which are a big part of my metagame.) I always figured Souls got worse without SfM/equips, but maybe they are just fine on their own.

Thoughts?
    Does anyone else play in the Legacy Leagues? Id like to know how the meta is online as well.

As per Karakas, I originally had it in my list. After a couple months, I concluded that the second mono white source in the deck hurt me more than the bounce ability was relevent. That slot has been way more useful as Treetop Village.

In terms of souls vs kotr, I think it depends on your playstyle. I like my 4 for 1s so Souls is my kind of card. The greatest feeling in the world is having your Lingering Souls Force'd ;)

That being said, KOTR leads to more haymaker plays, being able to tutor up wasteland, karakas, etc. However, Fatal Push is seeing more and more play and I like my resilient threats. It baffles me how difficult it is for the legacy format to deal with four 1/1s.
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I generally subscribe to the sdematt theory of Linger Souls and Equipment that says Batterskull might not be ideal and something (like another Sword) with a lower casting cost and Equip might be better since you can actually get it onto a Spirit token more reasonably.
    Yeah, I saw that some pages back. I experimented with Sword of Light and Shadow, a 2nd Jitte, etc and went back to Batterskull. Im in the camp of if your Stoneforge resolves T2, you search up Jitte/SoFI so you still net CA instead of having a 5 drop in hand.

And you havent lived the day of equiping a Batterskull to a spirit, have you?!

In regards to my list again, I think my mainboard is set. Im a little iffy on the mainboard Pulse (not sure if it should be a 3rd Hymn). However I am having second thoughts about my sideboard.

Sideboard (15)
    1 Chains of Mephistopheles
    1 Choke
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Engineered Plague
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Humility
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Zealous Persecution

I am wondering if I should cut the Enlightened Tutor package, and have more needles, priests, etc. It might look like this

Sideboard (15)
    1 Choke
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Zealous Persecution
    Last slot being either a 3rd Canonist, 3rd Containment Priest or Engineered Plague.

I feel like this sideboard hedges better vs lands with 2 Needles and 3 Surgicals. On the flip side, a matchup like elves becomes harder since Cage/Plague isnt tutorable. On top of that, I have "less" copies of Canonist vs the Storm matchup.

On the flip side again, it sucks drawing an E Tutor late game when I needed a hate card ASAP.

I feel like both boards have their pros and cons and I would like peoples input.

It's not quite the entire Legacy League break down, but this thread has some good data on the Challenges - http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ame-Breakdowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Yeah, I saw that some pages back. I experimented with Sword of Light and Shadow, a 2nd Jitte, etc and went back to Batterskull. Im in the camp of if your Stoneforge resolves T2, you search up Jitte/SoFI so you still net CA instead of having a 5 drop in hand.

And you havent lived the day of equiping a Batterskull to a spirit, have you?!
    I have Equiped a 'Skull to many things in many places, from Spirits to Wolf tokens, but it isn't really all that likely in an average game.

Not that I am a Batterskull hater, I've won a fair share of games were an opponent simply couldn't do anything about it, just pointing out that it could be a consideration.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

@KoDiamonds: I love me some haymaker tutoring a-la Knight, lol. Your point about souls being good is valid though.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Jan 2017
    TN

Quote Originally Posted by harbingerofthevoid View Post

R2 ANT 1-2
    G1 I got Tendril'd like t3(?)
    G2 T0 Leyline. T1 can't remember, Shaman or Inquisition probablly, T2 Null Rod. Later, E. Plague on Goblin. Scoop. I think this game landed a chalice on 1 as well.
    G3 I had 2 4/5 Goyf, he had 12(?) Goblins.

Ghost Quater on a basic is tight when they run only 2 basics.

SB
    + 2 CotV, 2 Null Rod, 1 Thorn, 3 Leyline, 1 E. Plague, 1 Marsh Casulties, 1 Deluge
    - 1 Excavator, 1 Darkblast, 1 Push, 4 Decay, 1 Garruk, 3 Diabolic Edict
    I was on TES, not ANT. The Burning Wish(s) and 2 basics is the big indicator. That's why I could have cared less about your Leyline G2 and made it a point G1 to show you that I was going to Burning Wish for Tendrils, not just Infernal Tutor.

G1: it was turn 2
    G2: you Chaliced on zero, which is good, but with a Null Rod out, you want to drop it on 1 for sure. I was hedging against t2 Hymn, by casting Ponder, when I should have just Duressed you.
    G3: was way closer than I wanted it to be. If you had blocked with your Goyfs, instead of trying to race (which was too close for comfort, honestly), the math would have worked out to give you one extra turn (at 1-2) life to draw an answer.

So I havent been able to play MTGO much this past week, but currently 3-1 in my competitive league. My only loss is to Eldrazi. Are there any sideboard cards for this matchup? Luckily my opponent didnt draw any Chalices, but even without them, this matchup seems really bad. I boarded in Humility, which stemmed the bleeding, but All is Dust ended the game quick.

What are people's sideboard plans in this matchup?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

So I havent been able to play MTGO much this past week, but currently 3-1 in my competitive league. My only loss is to Eldrazi. Are there any sideboard cards for this matchup? Luckily my opponent didnt draw any Chalices, but even without them, this matchup seems really bad. I boarded in Humility, which stemmed the bleeding, but All is Dust ended the game quick.

What are people's sideboard plans in this matchup?
    I think we're pretty naturally favored in this MU. Goyf is usually larger than anything they play and Hymn/Liliana are usually backbreaking for them. Sometimes they just draw better and run you over. I bring in a Loam (for wasteland) and a Pithing Needle (So they can't search with Eye in the late game). Postboard you just have to keep in mind that they have all is dust and play around it as you would for any other matchup with boardwipes. Against the bigger eldrazi ramp deck i'll mulligan until I find some form of interaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I think we're pretty naturally favored in this MU. Goyf is usually larger than anything they play and Hymn/Liliana are usually backbreaking for them. Sometimes they just draw better and run you over. I bring in a Loam (for wasteland) and a Pithing Needle (So they can't search with Eye in the late game). Postboard you just have to keep in mind that they have all is dust and play around it as you would for any other matchup with boardwipes. Against the bigger eldrazi ramp deck i'll mulligan until I find some form of interaction.
    Thanks for the input. It just seems rough if they start off with Chalice on 1. In terms of goyf, it seems like hell on average be a 4/5, which sadly cant block Smashers profitably. I guess Ill playtest the matchup more when I get the time.

In terms of updates, I completed my Legacy league with a record of 4-1. Went 3-0 vs blue decks (grixis, bug), lost to Eldrazi (above post, and beat Belcher. These games sadly didnt allow me to utilize my Enlightened Tutor sideboard plan for the last time (which probably says something. Why have a sideboard tutor package when you arent going to use it).

Ill run another league through with this updated list and post back updates.

Lands (22)
    3 Bayou
    1 Forest
    3 Marsh Flats
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    2 Scrubland
    1 Swamp
    1 Treetop Village
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland
    2 Windswept Heath

Creatures (14)
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tarmogoyf

Sorcery (11)
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Lingering Souls
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Toxic Deluge

Instant (6)
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Abrupt Decay

Artifacts (3)
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

Enchantment (2)
    1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library

Planeswalkers (2)
    2 Liliana of the Veil

Sideboard (15)
    1 Choke
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Zealous Persecution

The changes being -2 Enlightened Tutor, -1 Engineered Plague, -1 Humility, +1 Containment Priest, +1 Pithing Needle, +1 Surgical, +1 Hymn.

3 Surgicals feel like a lot but in matchups where you want it (reanimator, lands, etc) it feels perfect. I also added the 3rd Hymn to the sideboard to better hedge vs Storm. I used to run 3 in the main and miss the 3rd in the 75. Made sense to have an extra copy in the sideboard.

The only slot I am really iffy about is the 1 main Maelstrom Pulse. It was always good, but not great. Just felt really clunky to kill a flipped Delver for 3 mana. Not sure what could be a better slot. Maybe main the 3rd hymn and move the Pulse to the side?

Any other last minute input before my next league?

Another League report with the following list.

Lands (22)
    3 Bayou
    1 Forest
    3 Marsh Flats
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    2 Scrubland
    1 Swamp
    1 Treetop Village
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland
    2 Windswept Heath

Creatures (14)
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tarmogoyf

Sorcery (11)
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Lingering Souls
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Toxic Deluge

Instant (6)
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Abrupt Decay

Artifacts (3)
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

Enchantment (2)
    1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library

Planeswalkers (2)
    2 Liliana of the Veil

Sideboard (15)
    1 Choke
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Zealous Persecution

Round 1 vs. Grixis Delver (0-2)

Game 1 opponent goes t1 delver, t2 deathrite, t3 angler and I don't draw a 3rd land even with Mirri's Guile.
    Game 2 Opponent strips my hand by casting Therapy 3 times (hitting lilly x2, sword, and pulse) and Truename just beats me down while STrix just holds the fort down for my opponent.

Round 2 vs. Burn (2-0)
    Game 1 Casting 2 Thoughtseizes saves me 2 life and a creature by hitting Searing Blaze and Rift Bolt. Treetops were highly relevant and helped block Guides/Swiftspears. Went down to 1 life at one point. Had the Dark Confidant + Sylvan Library combo going so I wasn't taking any damage. Opponent at one point tried to Searing Blaze my spirit token and I Decayed it to save me 3 life. Eventually a topdecked Jitte helped buffer my life. It was a great game.

Game 2 Opponent casts two Pyrostatic Pillars while I have a Stoneforge in play with Batterskull. He misplays by trying to Smash to Smithereens my Batterskull while I had 3 mana open. And that was that.

Round 3 vs. Storm (0-2)

Game 1 I mulligan to 6 hand with no discard and my opponent kills me Turn 3.
    Game 2 I keep a hand of Forest, Deathrite, Hymn, Lilly, Stoneforge, Decay. It's a little greedy and I think it's a mulligan now that I look at it. I play a t1 deathrite and my opponent Duresses my Hymn away. I T2 lilly and plussed. My opponent Chain of Vapors my Lilly and Therapys it away.
    Next turn I cast Stoneforge while my opponent double ponders. Then my opponent proceeded to kill me on Turn 4.

Round 4 vs. UW D&T (2-0)
    Game 1 opponent ONLY casts Phyrexian Revoker as I beat down with Stoneforge tutoring up Jitte, spirits, and drawing Sword.
    Game 2 I actually didn't know what I was playing since I only saw Revoker. Mirri's Guile did work but sadly, I was stuck on 1 land and my opponent killed all of my Deathrites with Swords and an active Jitte
    Game 3 active Bob just goes to town. I cast Stoneforge and have all 3 equipment in my hand and a Sword + Jitte on a goyf does work.

Round 5 vs. Mono White D&T (2-1)
    Game 1 Bob does work as always. Sadly a Mirran Crusader beats down and I can't recover.
    Game 2 Zealous Persecution takes out 2 Moms and a Stoneforge tutoring up Jitte keeps my opponent off creatures the rest of the game. Pulse also killed a Gideon which was sweet.
    Game 3 Opponent mulligans to 6 and cast t1 mom. I t1 Thoughtseize and T2 Hymn his hand into shreds. I beat down with goyf, opponent blocks, and I decay Mom. Lingering Souls + Bob when my opponent has 2 lands and a Vial in play lets me drown my opponent in card advantage and beats.

Overall happy with the 3-2 record. Losses were to unlucky beats to Grixis Delver and Storm. I'll probably run the same 75 in the next league.

The biggest question I have is how many Surgicals are brought in vs. Storm? Do I board in all 3? I feel l like they don't do enough in a matchup that's already poor.

I think the burn player won the fisrt game . searing blaze do damage even if the creature is dead when it resolve.

Gatherer : if either target is illegal by the time Searing Blaze resolves, it still deals damage to the other target.

Quote Originally Posted by burzum51 View Post
    I think the burn player won the fisrt game . searing blaze do damage even if the creature is dead when it resolve.

Gatherer : if either target is illegal by the time Searing Blaze resolves, it still deals damage to the other target.
    Woops, meant Searing Blood!

So I ran my list through the Legacy league again, sadly went 2-3. Here's the list

Lands (22)
    3 Bayou
    1 Forest
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    2 Scrubland
    1 Swamp
    1 Treetop Village
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath

Creatures (14)
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tarmogoyf

Sorcery (11)
    4 Thoughtseize
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Lingering Souls
    1 Toxic Deluge

Instant (6)
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Abrupt Decay

Artifacts (3)
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

Enchantment (2)
    1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library

Planeswalkers (2)
    2 Liliana of the Veil

Sideboard (15)
    1 Choke
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Zealous Persecution

My changes were swapping Pulse and Hymns. So I have 3 Hymns main and 1 Pulse side.

Round 1 vs. Shardless (0-2)
    Game 1 Opponent went Shardless -> Hymn. I overcommitted to the board (2 deathrites, bob, and flashbacked spirits) into a Deluge. Shouldn't have flashed Souls back. Opponent was left with a lilly on 4 while my lilly was on 2. We were both hellbent at one point but my opponent just drew better than I did with Lilly at higher loyalty while mine kept getting pecked down to 2 vs. an opposing deathrite.

Game 2 Kept a greedy hand of Swamp, Deathrite, 2x goyf, library, chains, and souls. Opponent pushed my Deathrite T1 and I didn't draw another land

Round 2 vs. Sneak and Show (1-2)
    Game 1: lost to a turn 1 Emrakul. (City + Petal)

Game 2: Opponent only casted a Ponder in the first 3 turns. I cast a Sword on turn 3 which got Forced. I surgicaled the Force and landed a Containment Priest and beat down with Mr. Goyf

Game 3: My opener was fetch, treetop, wasteland, goyf, goyf, stoneforge, needle. I'm not sure if this should have been a mulligan or not, but I figured if he was all in on Sneak Attack, I have t1 Needle, T2 Goyf for pressure. Hindsight, maybe I needed to mulligan into discard. I would like input on this matchup as I have little experience vs. Sneak and Show. My opponent ended up T2 Show and Telling Emrakul and I had no answer

Round 3 vs. Dredge (2-1)
    Game 1: Opponent did Dredge things and I had no way of winning this game.

Game 2: My hand was Marsh Flats, Deathrite, 2x Containment Priest, 2x Goyf, 1x Jitte. I landed a t2 Priest with no 2nd land and no lands in my opponents graveyard, but 2/2 beats did wonders as my opponent couldn't put anything onto the board in time.

Game 3: Opponent went T1 Putrid Imp. Discarded Stinkweed Imp at EOT. On his upkeep, I surgicalled his Stinkweed Imp away and he scooped.

Round 4 vs. Storm (TES) (2-1)
    Game 1: On the draw, my opener was Marsh Flats, Lilly, Thoughtseize, Bob, Hymn, and 2x Wastelands.
    Opponent goes T1 mire pass. I draw lingering souls, cast Thoughtseize, see Delta, Rite of Flame, Dark Ritual, Volc, LED. I take LED.
    T2 Opponent plays Delta, pass. My T2, I didn't draw a second black source so I played Bob.
    Opponent went off on Turn 3.

Game 2: I stick a T2 Canonist and my opponent doesn't draw his Echoing Truth.

Game 3: Opponent goes off on T1 with Ad Nauseum. Luckily, he literally hits ZERO rituals. He goes down to 4. Probes me, down to 2, and ends the turn. On my first turn, I play Deathrite. Opponent scoops.

Round 5 vs. UB Reanimator (0-2)
    Game 1: Opponent goes T1 Careful Study, discarding Mire and Griselbrand.
    I go T1 Thoughtseize (instead of deathrite to protect myself from a T2 reanimation).
    Opponent reveals Reanimate, Brainstorm, Underground Sea, Entomb. I take Reanimate.
    Opponent on T2 casts Brainstorm and Thoughtseizes my Deathrite away.
    I cast Guile on my T2. Opponent then Animate Dead's Griselbrand and I lose.

Game 2: I mulligan into Choke, Surgical, Tarmogoyf, STP, Bayou and Treetop. Scry a second Surgical to the top.
    Opponent T1 Dark Ritual into Collective Brutality, taking my STP, and Reanimating back Chancellor of the Annex. I draw a useless Surgical and don't draw an answer to Chancellor.

I like the 3x Surgicals in the side and the 3 Hymns main seem right for the meta online. I'm unsure of the Maelstrom Pulse in the side however and might switch it to a 3rd Containment Priest since it does absolute work. We'll see though. I already started another league with the same list since the last match felt so bad and I'll report back again when I finish.

My LGS had its first weekly event last night. Sadly, I got a bye in the 2nd round of 3 so I only have 2 match results to report.

Round 1 (0-2) vs 4c Loam.
    G1 On the draw, opponent went t1 chalice with my hand being 2x Thoughtseize, Deathrite, Jitte, and 3 lands. Never drew another threat while my opponent eventually hit a bob + knight of the reliquary
    G2 I mulliganed and my opponent wastelanded me to oblivion. I think my misplay this match was being to hasty on my surgical. My opponent P-Fired my deathrite t1. On t2 I played SFG and surgicaled PFire to have it stick. He had loam in hand and it might have been the correct play to just wait. I also sideboarded incorrectly, should have boarded out discard.

Round 2 Bye

Round 3 (2-1 vs Food Chain)
    Game 1 was a grind fest. Opponent had infinite combo while I was swinging through with a Spirit carrying a sword. Had lethal on board and opponent topdecks ballista ftw.
    Game 2 grind was much the same. I was wastelanding my opponents green sources and played Choke so opponent was never able to cast Food Chain.
    Game 3 similar to game 1, grind fest but my opponent never drew the combo. Batterskull was clutch all 3 games, racing Misthollow Griffin while also holding back Eternal Scourge.

List has been feeling solid. Considering maybe a Garruk Relentless for these grindy matchups.

I JUST 5-0d THE LEGACY LEAGUE!!!!!! Here's the usual decklist I ran.

Lands (22)
    3 Bayou
    1 Forest
    4 Marsh Flats
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    2 Scrubland
    1 Swamp
    1 Treetop Village
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath

Creatures (14)
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Tarmogoyf

Sorcery (11)
    4 Thoughtseize
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Lingering Souls
    1 Toxic Deluge

Instant (6)
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Abrupt Decay

Artifacts (3)
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Batterskull

Enchantment (2)
    1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library

Planeswalkers (2)
    2 Liliana of the Veil

Sideboard (15)
    1 Choke
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Zealous Persecution

Round 1 vs. Infect (2-0)
    Game 1: Thoughtseize -> Hymn -> Bob drawing me more cards -> Stoneforge tutoring Jitte = game over
    Game 2: I have 2 Zealous Persecutions. First one gets Dazed but the second one wipes opponent's board. Topdeck Jitte naturally and win pretty easily from there.

Round 2 vs. Nic Fit Curse?(2-1)
    Game 1: T2 Hymn my opponent -> T3 Bob + Deathrite. I draw all the action while my opponent lands a spicy Porphyry Nodes. He ends up not drawing a topend spell and Goyfs + spirits get there.
    Game 2: Opponent is on a NicFit but a noncreature topend with a bunch of curses. He lands Curse of Misfortunes and assembles the Overwhelming Splendor + Curse of Death's Hold combo and I don't draw Maelstrom Pulse. He ends up winning with Sorin, Lord of Innistrad. Super spicy.
    I mainly lose this game because I was playing around Pernicious Deed and didn't want to commit too much to the board and he stabilizes just in time.
    Game 3: I keep a hand of Catacombs, Thoughtseize x2, Hymn, Bob, Batterskull, Lilly. Super greedy but I Thoughtseize 2 turns in a row but sadly don't hit lands. Until turn 5. Luckily I draw a deathrite on turn 4 Lilly upticking does work. Opponent lands Curse of Death's Hold but I have a Sword of Fire and Ice + Jitte to grow a puny Stoneforge and she gets there.

Round 3 vs. TES (2-1)
    Game 1: Opponent goes off Turn 3, making a jillion goblin tokens and I don't draw my only out (Stoneforge T2 + Batterskull). Also drew my Hymn a turn too late.
    Game 2: T1 Thoughtseize revealing Brainstorm, Scalding Tarn, Burning Wish x2, Duress, Badlands, LED. I take Brainstorm. Opponent Duresses the Hymn out of my hand. I t2 Bob T3 Bob + DRS. Opponent Echoing Truths my Bobs, and then Massacres them the following turn. Opponent eventually draws all 4 Echoing Truths while I draw another Bob. Eventually my Bob sticks while my opponent casts Past in Flames for value (Brainstorm). I eventually beat down with said Bob -> Hymning him and opponent doesn't have enough gas. Felt like he oversideboarded.
    Game 3: I mulligan to 5 :( Hand is 3x Deathrite, Bob, Forest.
    Opponent goes off T2 Adnauseum and doesn't hit enough rituals, and concedes to my lethal deathrite

Round 4 vs. 4c Delver? (2-0)
    Game 1: Long game and Mirri's Guile was an absolute house. I shredded my opponent's hand with Thoughtseize -> Hymn -> Hymn. I stick a Lingering Souls + Sword of Fire and Ice and easily win from there.
    Game 2: T1 DRS gets bolted. T2 Hymn nabs opponent's Engineered Plague. Next turn, my Bob gets decayed. Opponent followed up with a Delver while I land a lingering souls. I draw Decay and four 1/1s are too much for my opponent.

Round 5 vs. ANT (2-0)
    Game 1: My opening 7 was Abrupt Decay, 2x Bayou, Wasteland, Sword, Stoneforge, Lilly. For some reason, I felt like this was a mulligan. Blood pressure was too high to think straight, haha. Ended up going down to 5 being 2x DRS, Jitte, 2 fetches. Opponent T1 duresses me -> lotus petal -> cabal therapy naming DRS. Ouch. I'm left with 2 lands in hand while my opponent has 2 cards. I draw hymn and take his last cards (petal + Dark petition). I eventually draw Stoneforge mystic only to get my batterskull therapied. I draw another stoneforge and double Squire beats get there backed up by another Hymn.
    Game 2: Opener is Stoneforge, Ethersworn Canonist, Surgical, Mirri's Guile, Marsh Flats, Heath, Bayou. Feeling good about this hand. T1 guile into T2 Hymn (that was the 3rd from the top, thanks guile :)). T3 Hymn again (thanks guile!) My Canonist gets decayed but my Goyf + Stoneforge is a quick enough clock to get there while I Choke my opponent out!

5-0 Baby!

In regards to the list, the 3rd Hymn felt great main deck and I didn't miss Pulse game 1. The only change I would make would be to cut the Treetop for the 2nd swamp (to accommodate for more Hymns+Lillys) and swapping the 4th Marsh Flats for the Windswept Heath. Treetop has been good but made my mana a little unstable so this is really for consistency sake.

We finally got there boys! Lets just hope I'm lucky and they pick my deck to be posted!
    Last edited by KoDiamonds; 09-14-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Nice! Just a great run of solid rock business.
    Brainstorm Realist

Has anyone tried Liliana, the Last Hope in legacy? Im considering running 1 main over either a Mirris Guile or Toxic Deluge. Baleful Strix just stonewalls our Goyfs and Lilly just takes care of those pests, on top of making flipped delver unintimidating. Kills peezy, snaps, etc but does not kill Deathrites. Worst case scenario, buying back a goyf or stoneforge seems like gas. Thoughts?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I know that Deadguy players have been testing it out a bunch, and that's the closest to traditional junk you'll get for comparison. If you go a couple pages back from the end you'll see a bunch of discussion on it.

EDIT: page 289, about halfway down. Wiliken is one of the more successful Deadguy pilots, but it looks like several players are trying out Liliana TLH as a 1-2-of.
    Brainstorm Realist

I saw it on stream in a Grixis list recently (Grixis Dead's Shadow maybe)...think the Card Titan tournament.

----------

Why the Mirri's Guile/Sylvan Library split? I've done it before in other decks...do you like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Thread Information