Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: DCI update 12/20/10 - Survival banned; Time Spiral unbanned

Re: DCI update 12/20/10

Quote Originally Posted by practical joke View Post
    Actually they are probably referring to the possible unbanning of land tax.
    Because parfait is a time-consumer.
    finally, damn i thought i was the only one to find that crystal clear.
    Anyway i am pretty disappointed seing Sotf Banned, not that it's surprising though after all the pathetic "tear-jerker" scene we wistnessed. It's sad though, not saying Sotf wasn't on the edge, but it still deserved some more time before banning it, which makes it (the ban) an hasty - wrong - decision.
    It's just sad.Oh well ... At least we now know that crying out loud can lead to something. On the other hand let's hope that Time Spiral will give us some meta shift.

Dec 2010
    Brittany, France

Re: DCI update 12/20/10 - Survival banned; Time Spiral unbanned

Damn. I wonder what deck I should use to beat blecher fish and rock in my meta now survival is banned.

random scrub

Sep 2004
    Costa La Haya

Quote Originally Posted by Team America View Post
    In Vintage

Oath > Survival
    And that is what makes me sad: wizards effectively banned Survival from tournament play. I'd think that a card that's supposedly too powerful in Legacy could make a dent in Vintage, but no... Well, maybe in Null rod zoo. It might be worth a try.
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    For those who might be whining because your Survivals tanked...

Theyre currently valued at $35-$40 (from ChannelFireball to StarCityGames)

Y'all should trade your Survivals for Time Spiral (they've reached $50 in some online stores)

Time Spiral Watch updated.
    Oh sweet, you mean the two most expensive places to buy cards on the internet say Survival is still a $35 card? Awesome I guess I'll just go find someone retarded enough to pay $35 for a Survival that didn't already buy one from a dealer or find out what Ebay is. Then I can trade that for the most overpriced card in Legacy. Which will soon be tanking back to $10. Reality check. If you sell your Survivals now on Ebay you will be lucky to get $20. If you want to buy Time Spiral you would be lucky to get them for under $30. Or should I say unlucky because it's unlikely to card will have the impact on the format of Exploration or Intuition, which are both very playable and old rares that don't fetch 1/2 what Time Spiral goes for right now. I get the feeling once the hype dies down unless the card finds a home in a GOOD deck it will plummet back to $10 or so dollars a piece if not lower.

Worst card trading advice I've ever heard on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by practical joke View Post
    Actually they are probably referring to the possible unbanning of land tax.
    Because parfait is a time-consumer.
    Someone tell them losing in record time because you rely on Land Tax isn't very time consuming.
    Last edited by dontbiteitholmes; 12-21-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

May 2007
    Slovenia, Europe

I just cannot embrace the idea that wizards create cards the way they do.I can't really see how they even consider printing cards like Ooze before checking the other pools. In the last few sets, they printed Fauna Shaman, Vengevine, Necrotic Ooze, Memnite and f.e. Gigantomancer (bad example, i know, but it 'could' be busted). It's not like they didn't think for a second how those cards would play out together? I mean, they watch the standard pool closely, so they should see that cards go well together, considering Shaman resembles Survival and stuff. And they didn't think of Survival? I just cant believe that at all.
    Do they even bother to check legacy by themselves or they just leave the dirty work to some quasi Pros and "Vip" of magic? The guys that promote the new products, Play the game, See the world, Whine about Legacy, Profit.
    Seems to me that they print cards for standard in the vein of "Let's give (insert random standard color/strategy here) something good this time. How about other formats? Nah, we will see how it turns out."

It's clear to me that if they cared about the format, they would test cards against cards that were in the format. I've often thought it was a no brainer. "Standard makes us more money so let's stop supporting a format with broken cards that we never want anything to do with again."

But it's not that simple. Sometimes I just wish WotC and the DCI would forget the eternal formats ever existed on days like this.

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Someone's bitter.
    Not bitter, just disappointed that the DCI kowtowed to the least common denominator. I would have liked to see them wait until June. The game would expand, find new decks and then the lemmings that are the majority of players would follow those new decks.

GOB: The Gathering
    Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by SlopeeJ View Post
    My favorite creature of all time is Mahamoti Djinn 5/6 flier for 4uu. I was so mad when wizards decided to print better creatures, I've been pissed since revised days........
    I feel the same way about Sengir Vampire.

Sep 2007
    MN

Quote Originally Posted by mujadaddy View Post
    I feel the same way about Sengir Vampire.
    Serendib efreet for the early game, control magic for the mid game, and Mahamoti Djinn for the late game...sound about right SlopeeJ?

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

This whole thread made me giggle, starting with the DCI's clueless update and finishing with Time Spiral above $50 a copy when it's never gonna make an impact on anything.

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Lol at speculators and stores raising the price of Time Spiral to $40-50. And the sad thing is, in 12 months, when it still hasn't seen play anywhere, the stores will still keep Time Spiral at $40-50, curtailing the casual crowds ability to kick around powerful cards on the tabletop.

The number of people here complaining how Wizards "doesn't test Legacy" is hilarious.

A small pool of people have a hard enough time testing Standard. Players will always, in any game system ever devised, find ways to break the game that the developers never dreamed of, because there's 1000x more of them and they have all the time in the world. A format with 10,000+ cards is not going to be tested, the ban list exists for just this reason. Deal with it.

Yo sé, mi español es terrible :S
    Jun 2010
    East SF Bay, CA (Summer and Winter breaks) or Austin, TX (college)

Jesus Christ! I took a break from MtG for the holidays and Wizards bans SotF??? Goddamnit. They need to stop messing with the format.

As for Time Spiral, don't know if unbanning it was good call, but I sure wish I'd bought that playset for my casual spring tide. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Regardless of Threshold variant though, CB = , , and .
    Quote Originally Posted by kiblast View Post
    c'mon, 5 minutes to side 3 cards? who are you? Deep Blue challenging Kasparov?

Thread Information