1 Hull Breach
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Goblin War Strike
    1 Reverent Silence
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Empty the Warrens
    ___

Round 1: Goblins

Game 1: He wins die roll. I Tendrils for 10 on my turn. GG. Win.
    Game 2: Belcher T3. GG. Win.

Kinda funny because in our table, there were 2 other Belchers. Unluckily, the other one was paired to Merfolk while the other one was paired to Faeries. Dodged 2 blue decks.

After Rd.1: 1-0

Round 2: Mono Black

Game 1: He wins die roll. He Hymns taking out 1 of 2 Burning Wish in my hand. I still managed to Empty the Warrens (ETW) for 16 though. Win.

Game 2: He plays Hymn again taking out the lone BWish. I pass the turn. He plays Nighthawk. ETW for 16 again. He plays Bob. I attack and pass turn. He takes 2 to Bob and casts Tombstalker. Turn comes back to me I attack and game is over. W

I was lucky enough to have avoided his Ratchet Bomb(s)

After Rd.2: 2-0

Round 3: Affinity

Game 1: I play and ETW for 16 which went all the way. W

Game 2: He lays down lots of artifact creatures while I ETW for 10 which was not enough. What I should have done was wait for another mana source and cast double ETW which could have netted me 24 tokens instead. He Berserks his Ornithopters twice and I lose. L

Game 3: I play and ETW for 10 again but he manages to outrace me. I was down to a top deck for the first time in the day. I had 8 tokens and he was down to 6 but he had 2 Ravagers, an Ornithopter with a Cranial Plating and many more. Id surely die on his next turn and need to draw a BWish. My board was a lone Taiga and a LED and my Hand was an ESG and a Desperate Ritual. I drew the card, placed it face down on the table, patted it hard, placed it in my hand, and it was a…………………………… BWish!!! Lol wtf! I tapped Taiga, removed ESG from game and cast Desperate Ritual. I played the card and Wished for Goblin War Strike for 8! W

After Rd.3: 3-0

Rd.4: Slivers

Game 1: I ETW for 10. Win

Game 2: We has a lot of counters. On to Game 3. Lose

Game 3: I managed to lay down 2 Xantid Swarms. I ETW for 10. Win

My only blue matchup of the day!

After Rd.4: 4-0

Rd.5: Zoo

Game 1: T1 belcher + LED (Land Grant, Rite of Flame, Desperate Ritual, Desperate Ritual, Belcher, LED). Didn’t even see his deck. Win

Game 2: He lands Canonist and Suppression Field. I destroy both via Hull Breach but it was too late. Lose

Game 3: ETW for 16 on turn 1. W

After Rd.5: 5-0

Rd. 6 and 7: ID; ID

Top 8

Quarterfinals: Ad Nauseum Tendrils (ANT)
    Game 1: win die roll and play first casting 16 tokens via 3 Rite of Flames. He storm counts which got me worried. Nothing happened apparently. Win

Game 2: He plays first and Duress(es) my Chrome Mox but I had a Wish in my hand. I managed to ETW for 14. He plays Brainstorm and Ponder. We managed to get into turn 4 as he Chants with Kicker. On my turn I play Belcher and activate, he was down to 6 so the chances that the Goblin Charbelcher will go through is very very highand it did. W

Semis: Prize split

It was a good day overall. It was my first time to play the deck in a big event. Many thanks to my teammates and to my girlfriend who brought me some food and meds since I was not feeling well at that time. The Top 8 was in no particular order was:

ANT – 3
    Zoo
    MonoU Merfolk
    Rock
    White Weenie
    Belcher (Me)

Combo player
    Mar 2010
    Orangeville, Ontario, Canada

Re: 2nd Place with Belcher

I had a similar experience with belcher a while ago, I don't think people give this deck the credit it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by median View Post
    I had a similar experience with belcher a while ago, I don't think people give this deck the credit it deserves.
    It can really really take people by surprise. Did you play @ SCG Kansas? Was that the experience you were referring?

Quote Originally Posted by median View Post
    I agree. Belcher's still the fastest deck in Legacy after all.

But still it loses to blue decks. It was real luck not to get paired against more blue decks in this tourney. As was the Wish topdeck against Affinity.

Still, nice report and congratz for a good finish in your first big event with the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Izor View Post

But still it loses to blue decks. It was real luck not to get paired against more blue decks in this tourney. As was the Wish topdeck against Affinity.

Still, nice report and congratz for a good finish in your first big event with the deck.

Thanks! TES and straight-up ANT I believe kills "faster." During the quarters, I attacked the TES guy with 14 tokens. During his next turn, he was storm counting which made me realize that he was looking to kill me via Tendrils which I think led me to conclude that those variants kills "faster."

With regards to comboing-out per se, however, I think Belcher has the upper edge.

I'd argue that SI is the fastest deck in the format at killing people. Because it isn't always going to just make a bunch of goblins and pass the turn and some versions don't even run red/EtW. If you always got belcher in your opener though this would probably be the fastest deck though simply because it getting activated = win so much of the time if the build is optimal and by optimal I mean 1 land/RG only.

Congrats on your result though.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

jungle lion, good?...
    Mar 2010
    Isla de luzón de filipinas

eph? is this you?
    congrat man!
    see you in 15k philcoa (Feb 6)
    TJB

http://deartiyopaeng.blogspot.com/ <---- (updated) MTG related blog. ^_^

TES: 102nd out of 2000 players at GP Kyoto 2015 (Legacy)

UR Storm: 37th of 950 players at GP Guangzhou 2016 (Modern)

Quote Originally Posted by paeng4983 View Post
    eph? is this you?
    congrat man!
    see you in 15k philcoa (Feb 6)
    See you

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Man, I am really glad I'm not a Beltcher player because I probably play against like 90% blue decks. Last 2 SCG events I've played vs. 4 non-FoW decks out of 14 rounds. If you can dodge blue you win most of the time though obviously.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Jul 2008
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Izor View Post
    Spanish Inquisition is the fastest deck in Legacy ;)!

Thread Information