Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [SCD] Green Sun's Zenith

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

Re: [SCD] Green Sun's Zenith

It's kind of funny how hard it is to place burn into an archetype considering that the first "good deck" ever was the lightning bolt + mountains deck. Historically, burn should be its own archetype with creature-based aggro decks as its subset.

Mar 2010
    Philadelphia Pa.

Re: [SCD] Green Sun's Zenith

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    There's aggro, aggro control, combo control, combo, aggro combo and burn: Decks with lots of threats, decks with threats and permission, decks with permission and a combo, decks with just a combo, decks with the combo and threats and then there is burn. Burn isn't aggro, combo or control: It's fucking burn. Yes, burn decks have their own catagory of deck types. Decks for people who like creatures, decks for people that love combos, decks for controllish people and then there is the burn deck: the one asshole at my local store who plays burn, or that new player that thinks playing the same fucking game every game is fun, or that player who can't even afford to drive but wants to play magic. Burn isn't even playing magic. It's like one person is playing a magic card deck while you play goldfish or blackjack or some other fucking card game as your magic deck. Burn is for assholes, poor people or newbies and doesn't fit into any archtype because it is it's own archtype. As far as I am concerned, burn isn't even a real magic deck. It might look like a magic deck and it may play like a magic deck, but it isn't one.
    It's passionate rants like this that keep me pimping out my burn deck with Arabian mts, and why I take it with me to any shop I visit.

Thread Information