Page 116 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Turn one; Tomb, Mox, Seething Song, Raiders, Lupine.
    Turn two; Rabblemaster, pitch, Swing for 11!
    Turn three; What's Terminus do?

Hellbent fled Heaven upon the Miracles' birth.

This makes me sad.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Stormkirk Mystic
    2R
    Creature - Vampire Horror
    Trample

When Stormkirk Mystic deals combat damage to a player, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card.

Madness 1R

3/2

Looks like we get another tool. Similar to Prophetic Flamespeaker but easier to cast. If another good enough Madness card shows up, the Hellbent version might be playable again.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

I went 2-2 at casual Legacy last night.

Goblins build but a couple mainboard differences

I ran 3 mainboard ensaring bridges because everyone in my meta has been playing show and tell recently. & instead of the equipment package I started running Purphoros>

Beat Grixis Delver, & Miracles

lost to Sneak and Show and MaskNought.

I'm considering Viashiono Heretic for my sideboard.

2R, 1/3
    1R, Tap: Destroy target artifact. Viashino Heretic deals damage to that artifact's controller equal to the artifact's converted mana cost.

Also, I'm considering how many Trinispheres I should play. Currently 2 main, one board. I don't want to draw them against Eldrazi, but otherwise they're very strong.

Stormkirk Mystic
    2R
    Creature - Vampire Horror
    Trample

When Stormkirk Mystic deals combat damage to a player, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card.

Madness 1R

3/2

Looks like we get another tool. Similar to Prophetic Flamespeaker but easier to cast. If another good enough Madness card shows up, the Hellbent version might be playable again.
    hm seems to be ok as it tramples over drs or mother and such stuff... gets stronger with removal and eq aswell...
    the hellbent version is bad cuz pit dragon + gathan riders are bad but thats just my opinion looking at the current meta...

I ran 3 mainboard ensaring bridges because everyone in my meta has been playing show and tell recently.
    also tried this and tbh out of lets say 10 matches you win maybe 1 if your opp is not playing horrible...
    (you need it in your first 7-9 cards + they are not playing a solution to it)
    still not sure about this matchup if i want to ignore it or try to lucksack with random hate like confusion in the ranks or ashen riders and such stuff...

Also, I'm considering how many Trinispheres I should play. Currently 2 main, one board. I don't want to draw them against Eldrazi, but otherwise they're very strong.
    hm i have cut them for bom strasbourg and really never missed them... if i think about matchups and how i could lose them there is just storm for trini but as i said thats personal taste...

went 5-3 in strasbourg and lost to stuff like mono black pox (t1 mox swamp hymn t2 hymn t3 lili GG) and show and tell - dreamhalls so whatever i gues...
    Last edited by Wichtelman; 07-04-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

I don't know man. 3sphere is just way too good for me to even consider cutting. It turns off cards like FoW or Daze or the entierty of decks like Burn or Storm. Oftentimes 3sphere is my protection so that my Moon effect doesn't get countered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eldrazi is just about the only top tier deck that doesn't have a rough time against 3sphere and that just loses to Moon effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpo View Post
    At minimum I'd say it outclasses Beetleback Chief.

I don't know man. 3sphere is just way too good for me to even consider cutting. It turns off cards like FoW or Daze or the entierty of decks like Burn or Storm.
    will not say everybody should cut trini but my view of the metagame and how various cards impact matchups is probably just really different...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Eldrazi is just about the only top tier deck that doesn't have a rough time against 3sphere and that just loses to Moon effect.
    well shardless, d&t and lands also do not care that much but thats not the point... my list just does not need it to keep it short...

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Wichtelman View Post
    well shardless, d&t and lands also do not care that much but thats not the point... my list just does not need it to keep it short...
    I'll give you lands of those three even though they still run crop rotation, gamble, loam. Shardless Agent's cascade gets shut off by 3sphere and so does FoW which are both large hits they would be forced to take. D&T also can have issues against 3sphere unless they get a Vial out, but if that Vial is coming down Turn 3, then it might as well be GG many games.

If you don't like 3sphere, then don't run it, but I still feel that it is far stronger than you give it credit for.

Hey! Very cool! Interested to see if there's any movement on these cards after this placing.

Side note, I'm probably going to be testing the human rabblemaster. I'll probably swap 2 prodder for two of them and see how it feels. Right now I am leaning towards prodder. The extra damage and menace have really helped finish games faster. Though garrison might be better vs. Lilliana's, pox, which sees play in my meta.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Hey! Very cool! Interested to see if there's any movement on these cards after this placing.

Side note, I'm probably going to be testing the human rabblemaster. I'll probably swap 2 prodder for two of them and see how it feels. Right now I am leaning towards prodder. The extra damage and menace have really helped finish games faster. Though garrison might be better vs. Lilliana's, pox, which sees play in my meta.
    I actually 'tested' Mr. Garrison the last few weeks since it was spoiled. I ran a Human Tribal list and made mental notes when I played Rabblemaster of how Garrison would have affected the game.

On the plus side, Cavern of Souls naming Human is huge.
    It did not come up, but the +0/+1 stats on Garrison keep him out of Pun Fire and Pyroclasm range... which normally destroys tribal builds of this deck.

On the minus side, Rabblemaster is just plain quicker.
    I won a game against Miracles thanks to Turn 1 Rabble, Turn 2 Rabble. He died with a Terminus on top. If Rabbles had been Garrisons, he'd have survived my initial outburst.

I'm most excited now to use Garrison alongside Rabblemaster. Rabble is just too good to cut...

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I actually 'tested' Mr. Garrison the last few weeks since it was spoiled. I ran a Human Tribal list and made mental notes when I played Rabblemaster of how Garrison would have affected the game.

On the plus side, Cavern of Souls naming Human is huge.
    It did not come up, but the +0/+1 stats on Garrison keep him out of Pun Fire and Pyroclasm range... which normally destroys tribal builds of this deck.

On the minus side, Rabblemaster is just plain quicker.
    I won a game against Miracles thanks to Turn 1 Rabble, Turn 2 Rabble. He died with a Terminus on top. If Rabbles had been Garrisons, he'd have survived my initial outburst.

I'm most excited now to use Garrison alongside Rabblemaster. Rabble is just too good to cut...
    Ace I assume these were the humans tested? Trying to get a definite list of human cards here.

Scab-Clan Berserker
    Magus of the Moon
    Hanweir Garrison
    Prophetic Flamespeaker
    Pia and Kiran Nalaar

and for other consideration, the human/werewolves
    Geier Reach Bandit
    Hanweir Watchkeep
    Instigator Gang

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Hanweir Garrison vs Rabblemaster: I put up a version pre-Garrison list with Rabblemaster. I think you want to lean more on removal (I used FTK and Sarkhan Dragonspeaker) to let Rabblemaster get through, since you don't have many options to hold back with the Rabble. But I probably prefer Garrison myself, just playstyle, because it's more flexible, you don't always have to swing unprofitably.

Just a side note - Rabble is SOOOO GOOOD vs Liliana, esp one that's at 1 Loyalty. That just plain rocks. Haste in for the win.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Just curious, but why are you guys looking to build Human Tribal Red Stompy? What advantage is there to running all humans? I just don't see the point. If there's not some sweet tribal synergy going on then just run the best creatures available.

Quote Originally Posted by Zupponn View Post
    Just curious, but why are you guys looking to build Human Tribal Red Stompy? What advantage is there to running all humans? I just don't see the point. If there's not some sweet tribal synergy going on then just run the best creatures available.
    The only reason I know of is Cavern. Making all of your threats (and in the case of Magus, a lock) uncounterable can be huge in certain matchups. The only non-Cavern red cards you might need are Blood Moons and any removal such as Sudden Shock, so the disadvantage of more non-red mana sources shouldn't be too much.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Yeah, just Cavern of Souls.

I've used it in Moggcatcher builds and the mix between Humans and Goblins made it sub-optimal.

well probably also cuz most of the best creatures are human... there is just one dragon i would consider to play but not in the current meta... ya and as others said caverns if you want to play that...

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Ok. I figured Cavern was the main thing and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything else.

The human version could be more of an aggressive route to be able to go, but the loss in flexibility when compared to Moggcatcher builds might not be worth it.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Ok. I figured Cavern was the main thing and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything else.

The human version could be more of an aggressive route to be able to go, but the loss in flexibility when compared to Moggcatcher builds might not be worth it.
    I agree. Only testing will tell.

We are also approaching a critical mass of relevant drops.

Magus of the Moon
    Goblin Rabblemaster
    Hanweir Garrison
    Sin Prodder

My dream creature for this deck would be a Mountainwalker with pushed combat stats.

Thread Information