Page 194 of 197 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197 LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    I just won the Legacy Challenge with Red Prison. I played against combo in 8 of my 10 rounds, so I was highly rewarded for my deck choice. The decklist feels great and is the same one that Butakov played to a 6th place finish a week or two ago. I'd probably swap the Cage for a Lotus Petal, Sorcerous Spyglass, or 3rd Bridge though if I were to run this back.
    Weree u recording? Would love to see a replay

@blink

It's not like the card was bad, but I think I need a different card there to improve my other matchups across the board more than I need graveyard hate card #5. The reanimator matchup feels fine, as the generic hate cards plus leyline gives us a fighting chance.

@licensetopill
    I didn't record, but I'm going to do a debrief tonight on Twitch at 7:30 PM EST and show the replays (or at least part of them) of a couple of matches. I'll post the Youtube video here tomorrow.

@blink

It's not like the card was bad, but I think I need a different card there to improve my other matchups across the board more than I need graveyard hate card #5. The reanimator matchup feels fine, as the generic hate cards plus leyline gives us a fighting chance.

@licensetopill
    I didn't record, but I'm going to do a debrief tonight on Twitch at 7:30 PM EST and show the replays (or at least part of them) of a couple of matches. I'll post the Youtube video here tomorrow.
    Awesome wish I could tune in. Congrats!

Here's the link to the debrief, which includes some matchup replays.

I'm still reading through the whole thread, so forgive me if it was mentioned much earlier and I just haven't gotten to it yet...

But has anyone tried Volcanic Fallout in SB?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by J_K_F View Post
    Has anyone tried Volcanic Fallout in SB?
    It depends on your meta, but Kozilek's Return is generally superior.

I give Kozilek's Return the slight lead over Volcanic Fallout for no other reason than it does occasionally matter than I only need 1 red to cast Return. Uncounterable plus dealing 2 to opponent is a pretty compelling case for Fallout, and I wouldn't argue against its use.

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

K return can get through a mom that can tap to give protection (colorless spell).

Also of note, K. Return doesn't play well with chrome mox. It doesn't actually made red if you imprint it.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Also of note, K. Return doesn't play well with chrome mox. It doesn't actually made red if you imprint it.
    True! But you're probably taking out CotV or 3ball to side them in.

I just won the Legacy Challenge with Red Prison. I played against combo in 8 of my 10 rounds, so I was highly rewarded for my deck choice. The decklist feels great and is the same one that Butakov played to a 6th place finish a week or two ago. I'd probably swap the Cage for a Lotus Petal, Sorcerous Spyglass, or 3rd Bridge though if I were to run this back.
    Congratulations to the finish!
    How are the Lotus Petal treating you?

To all others red mages here, is Lotus Petal doing a good enough job for you? More fast mana = more explosiveness but meaning more possible flood....

I’ve been on this deck for a year and a half, and this past weekend I went 10-2 over the course of 5 legacy side events at GP Madison.
    I love Lotus Petal because it means more turn 1 3-drops, and also is easy to cast later on when I’m hiding behind a bridge.

My current list is:

4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    1 Hazoret the Fervent
    2 Legion Warboss
    3 Magus of the Moon
    2 Phyrexian Metamorph
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    4 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    10 Mountain

4 Blood Moon

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Fiery Confluence
    2 Lotus Petal

4 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza

The metamorphs are crazy versatile. They’re an extra copy of a lock piece, a second goblin rabblemaster, and sometimes a Griselbrand or Batterskull!

@Medea_ if you stuck with Garrison in the SB, would you keep Garrison or consider the new Krenko kingpin?
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Hello Medea,

For a while I am playing at my local area red prison in Legacy.

I am really enthousiastic about your performance by winning the MTGO challenge in 02/19/2019.

Also I watched your videos on youtube.

Last sunday(05/19/2019) I played the following list:

Mainboard:
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    5 Mountain
    5 snow-covered Mountain

4 Chrome Mox
    2 Lotus Petal

4 Blood Moon
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    4 Legion warboss
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Trinisphere
    1 Hazoret the Fervent
    2 Fiery Confluence
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    4 Chalice of the Void

Sideboard:
    4 Leyline of the void
    1 Hanweir Garrison
    2 Sulfur Elemental
    3 Scab-Clan Berserker
    1 Fiery Confluence
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Abrade

I played 5xMountain and 5xsnow-covered Mountain beacuse I want to make "predict" worse against me.

Before the event I made a little sideboard-guide.

D&T:+2xabrade,+2xsulfur elemental,+1xfiery confluence,+2xensnaring bridge,+1xhanweir garrison,
    -4xchalice of the void,-4xblood moon:
    D+T with red: ???

Sneak and show:+2xensnaring bridge,+1xhanweir garrison,-3xchandra,torch of defiance,

Grixis-control:+1xhanweir garrison,+3xscab-clan berserker,-2xfiery confluence,-1xPia and Kiran nalaar,-1xHazoret,

ANT: +4xleyline of the void,+3xscab-clan berserker,+1xhanweir garrison,-1xHazoret,-1xPia and Kiran nalaar,-2xfiery confluence,-4xchandra,torch of defiance,

Miracles:+3xscab-clan berserker,+2xsulfur elemental,-2xfiery confluence,-4xchandra,torch of defiance,

Elves:+1xfiery confluence,+3xscab-clan berserker,+2xabrade,-1xPia and Kiran nalaar,-1xHazoret,-4xchandra,torch of defiance,

UW-stoneblade:+2xabrade,+3xscab-clan berserker,+2xsulfur elemental,-2xfiery confluence,-1xHazoret,-4xtrinisphere,

Mono red burn:+1xhanweir garrison,+2xsulfur elemental,+2xabrade,+3xscab-clan berserker,-4xblood moon,-4xmagus of the moon,

BR-reanimator:+4xleyline of the void,-1xPia and Kiran nalaar,-1xHazoret,-2xfiery confluence,

Ub-reanimator: ???

planeswalker 15-post:+2xabrade,+1xhanweir garrison,+1xfiery confluence,+3xscab-clan berserker,+2xsulfur elemental,-4xchalice of the void,-4xtrinisphere,-1xchandra, torch of defiance,

Loam: ???

Lands:+1xhanweir garrison,+3xscab-clan berserker,-4xchandra,torch of defiance,

Eldrazi post:+2xensnaring bridge,+1xhanweir garrison,+2xabrade,-4xtrinisphere,-1xhazoret,

Maverick:+2xabrade,+1xfiery confluence,+2xsulfur elemental,-4xtrinisphere,-1xhazoret,

Grixis delver:+2xabrade,+1xhanweir garrison,-1xhazoret,-2xfiery confluence,

golgari depths:+2xabrade,+1xfiery confluence,+3xscab-clan berserker,-1xHazoret,-1xPia and Kiran nalaar,-4xtrinisphere,

UR-delver:+1xhanweir garrison,+1xfiery confluence,+3xscab-clan berserker,+2xabrade,-4xblood moon,-3xmagus of the moon,

Infect:+1xfiery confluence,+2xabrade,-1xPia and Kiran nalaar,-1xHazoret,-1xhazoret,

Mirror:+1xHanweir Garrison,+2xSulfur Elemental,3+xScab-Clan Berserker,+1xFiery Confluence,+2xEnsnaring Bridge,+2xAbrade,-3xchalice of the void,-4xtrinisphere,-4xblood moon,

Eldrazi stompy:+1xHanweir Garrison,3+xScab-Clan Berserker,+1xFiery Confluence,+2xEnsnaring Bridge,+2xAbrade,-4xchalice of the void,-4xtrinispheere,-1xHazoret,
    That was the last tournament in my area.

Here you can find the metagame of the last tournament.

http://winadual.de/?p=1375

My tournament was characterized like this.

Round 1:vs. ANT: WIN:2-1;
    Round 2:vs. maverick: WIN 2-0;
    Round 3:vs.UW-stoneblade: LOSS 1-2;
    Round 4:vs.UW-stoneblade: LOSS 1-2;
    Round 5:vs.Eldrazi stompy: LOSS 0-2;
    Round 6:vs. UR-delver: WIN 2-0

According this I got some questions:

1.)what do you thing about replacing 1xHanweir garrison by 1xKrenko, Tin Street Kingpin in the sideboard, because it may be better in combination with goblin rabblemaster and legion warboss?
    2.)How does your current version with sideboard look like?
    3.)May you help me an correct my sideboard-guide?

I wish you a nice week-end and I am glad by looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,

Titan2k11

Do you guys think Alpine Guide is a card this deck could make use of, 2R for a 3/3 creature: Search your deck for a Mountain and put it onto the battlefield. Alpine Guide must attack each turn if able. If Alpine Guide dies, sacrifice a Mountain.

It's technically a 3/3 for 2 and ramps to 2RR on the following turn, seems better than the old Seething Song approach.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    It's technically a 3/3 for 2 and ramps to 2RR on the following turn, seems better than the old Seething Song approach.
    It's not a 3/3 for 2 because this deck cannot do anything for 1 red mana.* The ramp is nice, but is likely unnecessary given half the deck is mana. The 'must attack' clause is what will probably keep it from being a thing.

*Edit - My comment is based on playing it turn 1. But even playing it later in the game where it could effectively 'cost 2' seems weak against other cards the deck currently plays.

I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion here about building this deck with the new Karn, The Great Creator. This list took 2nd place (in Brazil I think):
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=22185&d=350169&f=LE

I think it has some real potential. I especially like the 4x Abrade main deck with all the UR Delver running around now. I'm concerned about cutting so many goblins, but with SO MANY Dreadhorde Arcanists decks, I think going back to a more Prison style and away from aggro is worth a try.

Great Creator also allows us to store some artifact pieces in the sideboard.

Quote Originally Posted by guslandt View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion here about building this deck with the new Karn, The Great Creator. This list took 2nd place (in Brazil I think):
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=22185&d=350169&f=LE

I think it has some real potential. I especially like the 4x Abrade main deck with all the UR Delver running around now. I'm concerned about cutting so many goblins, but with SO MANY Dreadhorde Arcanists decks, I think going back to a more Prison style and away from aggro is worth a try.

Great Creator also allows us to store some artifact pieces in the sideboard.
    Karn is absolutely amazing. I ran a build with 5 equipment, took it all out for Karns, and it's totally busted. Even just Liquimetalling 1-2 basics is nuts. IDK why there's no Jitte in that SB. I haven't posted since no one's really on board with equipment on this thread. Eh.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

Mar 2013
    Bern (Switzerland)

Hei guys

i write it here. I'm selling a complete moon stompy on mtgo. PM if you're interested.

Greets

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Robert Beatty took down the 121-player SCG Classic in Pittsburgh yesterday. Beat Miracles, Bomberman, and U/R Delver in the top 8 to win it.

// Creatures (5)
    1 Magus of the Moon
    4 Simian Spirit Guide

// Planeswalkers (8)
    4 Karn, the Great Creator

// Lands (19)
    11 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors

// Artifacts (17)
    4 Chalice of the Void