Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Here's my RG Moons I played Eternal Weekend 2019 in Pittsburgh (I went 7-3 with it, missed out on T8 to Tom, who won the tournament):

4 Chrome Mox
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Taiga
    4 Once Upon a Time
    4 Land Grant

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Bonecrusher Giant
    4 Seasoned Pyromancer
    4 Karn, the Great Creator
    1 Hazoret, the Fervent

SB:

4 Faerie Macabre
    4 Reclamation Sage
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Tormod's Crypt

Cut Hazoret for anything else, SoFI should be Jitte, SoLaS should be Sorcerous Spyglass (just for Oko). Like I said, there are so many decks out there that run basics and Astrolabe, that I don't feel confident in this pulling its weight anymore; just putting this up here for people who want to innovate. Thanks!
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by frogger42 View Post
    Here's my RG Moons I played Eternal Weekend 2019 in Pittsburgh (I went 7-3 with it, missed out on T8 to Tom, who won the tournament):

Cut Hazoret for anything else, SoFI should be Jitte, SoLaS should be Sorcerous Spyglass (just for Oko). Like I said, there are so many decks out there that run basics and Astrolabe, that I don't feel confident in this pulling its weight anymore; just putting this up here for people who want to innovate. Thanks!
    Deck looks sweet, maximizing the chance to get a Turn 1 lock!
    Land Grant does get around Moon, but why would you need G mana then?
    Most curious about the Pyromancer, this deck gets no value from the grave, not much either from refilling 2 than other fair decks. Would Rabblemaster have won more games for you?
    On the Sep 2011 Ban List Updates,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Yep DCI/Wizards never fails... those that cry the loudest wins!

Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc View Post
    Deck looks sweet, maximizing the chance to get a Turn 1 lock!
    Land Grant does get around Moon, but why would you need G mana then?
    Most curious about the Pyromancer, this deck gets no value from the grave, not much either from refilling 2 than other fair decks. Would Rabblemaster have won more games for you?
    Thanks Tsabo! Green is only to cast ESG and Once Upon a Time. I opted for ESG over Louts Petal because it doubles as a body late-game; and Once over 4 basic mountains for the same reason. The core of this deck is basically Mono-R Moons with these swaps.

I played Rabblemaster for quite a few months, and I never found it all that resilient. It’s too fragile for my tastes (K Command, P Fire are the worst esp). Draw 2 from Pyro is actually really amazing - you blow 4 cards on a Karn, it gets Forced, and Pyro reloads you and puts you back in the game. 4 power for 3 mana is weird for this deck, and it lets me fight aggro MUs like Goblins and other bad MUs. The exile ability wrecks FoW too. Its biggest drawback is RR, which can be tough to get without a moon effect. But it’s the odd little effect that fits into odd MUs. I keep wanting to cut it for something more “prison-y” but it’s powerful and imo holds its own easily.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."

There is a discord group for dragon stompy? Dragon stompy comunity os a litle bit dead and the deck has been with some great results online

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

just putting this up here for people who want to innovate. Thanks!
    Once Upon A Time really opens up some fun potential to maximize 3 mana on turn 1. I like the mana core of:

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Once Upon A Time
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors

Green opens up Veil of Summer for the sideboard. Trinisphere could be very strong too. There's potential here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Once Upon A Time really opens up some fun potential to maximize 3 mana on turn 1. I like the mana core of:

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Once Upon A Time
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors

Green opens up Veil of Summer for the sideboard. Trinisphere could be very strong too. There's potential here!
    Thank ye. It's been pretty fantastic. The most awkward part is Land Grant - casting OUAT and hitting Land Grant instead of a land has been brutal. I replaced Grants with fetches. I'm trying Ash Barrens for funsies. Snowko still obliterates the thing.

EDIT: T1 Karn, the Great Creator happens about 1/3 the time you have Karn in your opener. What a beast!

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I was going to suggest Wooded Foothills in the mana base, but haven't goldfished a list like it yet.

I've found a Lotus Petal in the sideboard really lets you capitalize on a turn 1/2 Karn by increasing the chance of a next turn Lattice. In theory, LED guarantees it at the cost of going 'all in' on the line...

4 Chrome Mox
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Taiga
    4 Once Upon a Time
    4 Land Grant

4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Bonecrusher Giant
    4 Seasoned Pyromancer
    4 Karn, the Great Creator
    1 Hazoret, the Fervent

SB:

4 Faerie Macabre
    4 Reclamation Sage
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Tormod's Crypt

Played with your list in Cockatrice today. made 3-0 over Dephts, 5c-oco and DnT.
    Did you make any chances is this list? maybe it has a good potencial by mixing green stompy with moons effect.

I was going to suggest Wooded Foothills in the mana base, but haven't goldfished a list like it yet.

I've found a Lotus Petal in the sideboard really lets you capitalize on a turn 1/2 Karn by increasing the chance of a next turn Lattice. In theory, LED guarantees it at the cost of going 'all in' on the line...
    The SB is so tight I can't even run Sword of Fire and Ice, which I used to run for True-Name Nemesis. Now it's Sorcerous Spyglass specifically for Oko. Karn into Liquimetal Coating is plenty beastly, esp considering I usually jam Karn off a Sol land and a Chrome if I'm lucky. I can basically always cast Liquimetal, Lattice is too much of a stretch for T2.

Quote Originally Posted by cris_rj View Post
    Played with your list in Cockatrice today. made 3-0 over Dephts, 5c-oco and DnT.
    Did you make any chances is this list? maybe it has a good potencial by mixing green stompy with moons effect.
    I mentioned a few changes in the posts above. I'm not sure where the manabase will settle, but it's worth experimenting a bit. But keep in mind, CMC4 on T1 is pretty viable, so if you can think of something in R or G that will immediately prison or affect the opponent, put it on the list to try. I'm attempting Thought-Knot Seer but it upsets the manabase; that said, it's won me quite a few games on cockatrice. I have yet to try Karn, Scion of Urza mostly because I don't think Great Furnace is great in this deck.

Beware of Back to Basics.

No further comment.

In case it doesn't show for you: http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoi...rcoat-outcast/

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Comment further! I saw it too, but don't think it'll ultimately change Legacy (or this deck) in a significant way...

Trying to think of a deck tuned to abuse the new planeswalker, I'm imagining a mono-red build with Magus, Rabble, and Bonecrusher as the creature fodder. Then a 1-of monster (Emrakul? Griselbrand? Whatever, probably doesn't matter for this conversation).

The +1 and -7 do almost literally nothing. So it basically reads:

Sorcery
    Sacrifice a creature, search your library for Emrakul and put her into play.

Is that what the deck was missing?

Comment further! I saw it too, but don't think it'll ultimately change Legacy (or this deck) in a significant way...

Trying to think of a deck tuned to abuse the new planeswalker, I'm imagining a mono-red build with Magus, Rabble, and Bonecrusher as the creature fodder. Then a 1-of monster (Emrakul? Griselbrand? Whatever, probably doesn't matter for this conversation).

The +1 and -7 do almost literally nothing. So it basically reads:

Sorcery

This will not change any legacy deck other than my own. Looks 110% perfect for it.

Double Natural Order seems decent to me. The +1 is awesome, other than maybe hitting Emrakul x1.

Sorcery

I played against BG Lurrus junk and Emrakul made 3 appearances in 2 games. Seems really good against non-blue fair MUs. I took a round and lost a round vs UR Delver. Not "what the deck was missing," but I think Lukka's could be the nuts with Chalice esp. I don't see any reason not to run a powerful card.

I take it no one's interested in updating the deck for the current meta?

Sep 2011

This 5-0 list seems good:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3190504#paper

Maindeck Spyglass for Oko, Marit Lage, and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    This 5-0 list seems good:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3190504#paper

Maindeck Spyglass for Oko, Marit Lage, and friends.
    I do like the list a lot but the 1 of confluence seems strange, would rather it be 4th karn or 4th giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I do like the list a lot but the 1 of confluence seems strange, would rather it be 4th karn or 4th giant.
    Maybe it’s a way to break stalemates with the -9 ability on Chandra, Heart of Fire.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    Maybe it’s a way to break stalemates with the -9 ability on Chandra, Heart of Fire.
    That was my guess. Otherwise Chandra has 0 targets. Plus it's not a bad card in general.

That was my guess. Otherwise Chandra has 0 targets. Plus it's not a bad card in general.
    Why is heart of fire chandra being played over 6 cmc uncounterable one? uncounterable one is at least not totally embarassing vs oko/uro and can handle goyfs/arcanists.

But the ultimate is definitely the reason for the 1-of, good catch

Is Bonecrusher Giant not a legal target? I don't know how Adventure cards work when they're in the GY/library.

OK, I answered my own question (and you were correct of course):
    "While Beanstalk Giant is on the battlefield, just ignore the Adventure and all its text. While the card is in your hand, your graveyard, your library, even exile, it has only the characteristics of the creature, not the Adventure. For example, if you cast a spell that lets you search your library and find a creature card, you can find Beanstalk Giant. But if you cast a spell that lets you search your library and find an instant or sorcery card, you won't be able to find Fertile Footsteps."
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ics-2019-09-04

Thread Information