Page 158 of 197 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by NormalGuy View Post
    Nope, I don't even know where that is. This was in the NYC area.
    Oh, hahaha... I wasn't sure if there was another stompy player. I won my LGS's small duals tourney, 5 rds and smashed the T8, despite savage misplays. I think he said it was about 20 players. Got a Volc, woot! (Plus, it taps for red.)
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

under under the advise of multiple people there that I would be guaranteed to get into top 8.
    Geekery HQ, Astoria?

Dec 2013
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfJacks View Post
    Geekery HQ, Astoria?
    Yep, that's the one. Were you the other stompy player?

Yep, that's the one. Were you the other stompy player?
    I was the fat Curry bearded idiot hanging out by the back door talking shit with Sam and Stephen before the tournament, telling everyone I was on Hazoret's Undying Fury in an attempt to throw people off.

The list I played today:

11 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Chrome Mox

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Blood Moon
    3 Fiery Confluence
    4 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    1 Koth of the Hammer

1 Hazoret the Fervent
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    3 Magus of the Moon
    4 Sin Prodder
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Abrade
    4 Sulfur elemental
    3 Ensnaring Bridge

I ended up 2-3, mostly due to my opponent in round 3 putting me on tilt, and I was really hungry and I didn't go get food.

Edit: Report
    In every match, Abrade was phenomenal out of the sideboard, in the games that I wanted to cast them.

Rd 1: BUG, maybe Czech Pile
    G1, My Rabblemaster + Sin Prodder trump his TNN.
    G2, he has TNN with Jitte, and I hit 0 artifact removal.
    G3, He has 2x TNN, but I have Chandra, Sin Prodder, Rabblemaster, and I Fiery Confluence him for lethal.
    1-0

Rd2: W/U Stoneblade
    G1, play, turn 1 Blood Moon. He plays Polluted Delta. I play random lock piece, he plays Misty. I play Koth, he plays Misty #2. I attack with lands some more, when he reaches 8 cards, he scoops instead of giving me information.
    G2, I land a Trinisphere and a Sin Prodder. He has 3 white duals in play, and he taps out for Stoneforge, fetching Batterskull, I snicker as I casually plop a Blood Moon on the table, and he never recovers from the Blood Moon/Trinisphere shenanigans.
    2-0

Rd3: 12post MUDrazi
    G1, I keep a hand expecting him to be on DnT (which he usually is, or was for the last month or so) and it bites me in the ass. I play t1 Chalice, t2 Trinisphere, t3 Chandra, he plays Cloudposts into Grim Monoliths and Voltaic Keys into ULAMOG and BENDS ME OVER THE TABLE WITH NO LUBE.
    G2, I keep a hand that I thought would be good. Turn 1 City of Traitors, pitch SSG, play Magus. He complains, plays a land, passes. I topdeck Abrade, think to myself, "Good to slow hiim down if he plays mana rocks," play an Ancient tomb, and beat him to 18. He topdecks and plays a land, passes. I draw a Sin Prodder, beat to 16. He topdecks and plays a land, passes. This continues, where I draw an unplayable red card, beat him down to 2 life, and discard a bunch of uncastable cards. He plays a land every single turn, and then in one turn, plays 2x Grim Monolith, 2x Voltaic Key, Ulamog (killing Magus,) Kozilek 1.0. I draw ... another uncastable red card. 9 draws in a row with no mana source, I pass. Next turn he plays Kozilek 2.0, proceeds to rip me a new hole from which I may defecate.
    2-1

Rd4: U/R Delver
    G1, To top off this humiliating defeat, I sat down in front of my next opponent and immediately felt something cold and wet on my chair. Apparently someone spilled water (or so I hope) and I was distracted trying to clean my pants and the seat. Tilt mode activated. ANYWAY, Opponent killed every one of my creatures, dazed or forced every one of my lock pieces, and ended up beating me with 2x Monastery Swiftspear and a Delver of Secrets. Not fun.
    G2, I end up Chandra Ultimating him, which was fun.
    G3, he Forces t1 Chalice, Dazes t2 Trinisphere, allows me to resolve turn3 Chandra but kills it, played more Ponders and Brainstorms than should be allowed by law. We trade threats for a few turns. In the end, he is at 6, I am at 6, I draw 2 lands in a row, and he topdecks Swiftspear, beats me to 5, and then topdecks Fireblast and kills me in one shot. At least I found all those lands I was missing in the last match though!
    2-2

Rd5: New Miracles
    G1, pants still wet, hunger kicking in, getting annoyed, I kept a decent hand against anything other than his deck. He allowed Chalice for 1 and Trinisphere, but I'm stuck with 2 Blood Moons in hand that do nothing against his literal 5 basic lands. He ends up winning after grinding me out, since Jace apparently is the king of the topdeck.
    G2, I side out the 4x Blood Moon, which was an actual mistake. He locks me with Karakas / Vendilion Clique. But hey, that's what I get for playing with wet pants.
    2-3

Dec 2013
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfJacks View Post
    I was the fat Curry bearded idiot hanging out by the back door talking shit with Sam and Stephen before the tournament, telling everyone I was on Hazoret's Undying Fury in an attempt to throw people off.

The list I played today:

11 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Chrome Mox

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Blood Moon
    3 Fiery Confluence
    1 Koth of the Hammer

1 Hazoret the Fervent
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    3 Magus of the Moon
    4 Sin Prodder
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Abrade
    4 Sulfur elemental
    3 Ensnaring Bridge

I ended up 2-3, mostly due to my opponent in round 3 putting me on tilt, and I was really hungry and I didn't go get food.
    Ahh, ok. I thought you made it to top 8 because you were still hanging around after round 5. My time playing iPainter has trained me to always keep the Ensnaring bridges in the maindeck, it just saves your butt so often. I also like the synergy with bridge and Bottled Cloister. And Null Brooch seems like interesting tech with cloister. Maybe I just prefer a more defensive play style.

I based my list on http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=15949&d=298173&f=LE which I think was posted a few pages back, but I'm missing a bunch of the direct damage cards, and I don't know if I want to drop another $160 on a set of new Chandras. My sideboard also needs some work, it's just a mix of generic sideboard cards.

Overall though it seems like the moon/stompy shell should be very good for the meta at that store based on all the very greedy mana bases I see floating around there. Sticking a blood moon just wins games.

Ahh, ok. I thought you made it to top 8 because you were still hanging around after round 5. My time playing iPainter has trained me to always keep the Ensnaring bridges in the maindeck, it just saves your butt so often. I also like the synergy with bridge and Bottled Cloister. And Null Brooch seems like interesting tech with cloister. Maybe I just prefer a more defensive play style.

I based my list on http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=15949&d=298173&f=LE which I think was posted a few pages back, but I'm missing a bunch of the direct damage cards, and I don't know if I want to drop another $160 on a set of new Chandras. My sideboard also needs some work, it's just a mix of generic sideboard cards.

Overall though it seems like the moon/stompy shell should be very good for the meta at that store based on all the very greedy mana bases I see floating around there. Sticking a blood moon just wins games.
    Chandra's picture is in the dictionary next to the word "amazing." She is absolutely 100% vital for this deck. I originally tried a 2/2 Split with Koth, but I immediately fell in love with her. Red Jace is super duper good.

Re: Meta: Yes, Blood Moon is good, but you also have to remember there are idiots at that store who play Sneak Show, Reanimator, and DnT was really popular, but not last week for some reason. It actually got me to tkae a "break" after Top got banned because all the degenerate turn1 kill decks were dominating the store, and then after I lost to those, I lost to the 4 DnT players in the room. But things are a little more diverse now.

I chose my sideboard because of the trends in the local meta. Reanimator can go off turn 1, so no T. Crypt. Also, they play Thoughtseize AND Unmask, so holding a Faeric Macabre won't work. DnT just needs 4 Sulfur Elemental, and more removal, so Abrade helps. Big creature decks like Show and Tell or Eldrazi get hosed by a well time Bridge, but you have to board out the aggro and rely on Chandra Ultimate or Koth Ultimate for winning those. Hazoret helps. Leovold ... well, sucks (at least against us.) Abrade helps as generic creature removal for random matchups where more removal is good, like Deathrites/Nobles for mana, Snapcasters standing in the way of creatures, opposing Jittes or Batterskulls, etc.

Edit: Re: difference between aggro and prison, aka Rabblemaster and Bridge:
    I personally like to go for aggro beats on g1. Force my opponent to deal with my threats. Sling a bunch of haymakers at them, and see what sticks. When you're forced to go defensive, against Griselbrand, Emrakul, Worldspine Wurm, etc, that when the deck plays differently. G1 you're aggro, g2 you're hiding behind a Bridge and playing pure prison. Sin Prodder is awkward because it can fill up your hand under bad circumstances, but only if your opponent doesn't realize that. Every game I was hiding behind a Bridge, the only time I hated him was when I had multiple lands on top, and my opponent was smart and gave me all those lands. Also consider that sometimes they make you bin the lands because they don't want the Sin Prodder attacking that turn.

This is the list I play...

10 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Chrome Mox

4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Sulfur Elemental
    1 Hazoret the Fervent
    1 Quicksmith Rebel

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Fiery Confluence
    3 Trinisphere

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Sulfur Elemental
    1 Fiery Confluence
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Scab-Clan Berserker
    1 Boil
    1 Boiling Seas

Any advice on the list?

Revoker and Sulfur Elemental are both fantastic. Revoker has never once not had a perfect target. Sulfur Elemental is awesome against Mentor tokens. It along with Revoker to stop Jace and the Boils are the only reason I can beat Miracles which is my worst matchup. 4 Elemental and Revoker to stop Vial allows the deck to dominate Death and Taxes which otherwise would be my one other bad matchup.

Revoker stops Vampire Hexmage, Food Chain, Deathrite Shaman, Jace and Liliana, Vial, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lotus Petal, Grim Monolith and various Mana Rocks. It's the perfect supplement to 8 maindeck Blood Moons. The only matchups where I don't end up bringing in a full playset of Revokers are U/R Delver, Lands and Burn.

Would it make sense to just go ahead and make room for 4 Revokers maindeck to supplement the deck's disruption/prison plan? I'm considering moving the Sulfur Elemental and a Ensnaring Bridge and another Fiery Confluence to the board to play 4 Revoker maindeck, ala...

10 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Chrome Mox

4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Hazoret the Fervent
    1 Quicksmith Rebel

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Blood Moon
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Fiery Confluence

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Sulfur Elemental
    2 Scab-Clan Berserker
    2 Boil
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Trinisphere

Scab-Clan Berserker is just something extra to help versus combo and control matchups but I would love to get your thoughts on the card. I also considered Mindsparker but rejected it because it's much less useful against ANT and BR Reanimator.
    Last edited by Clark Kant; 08-13-2017 at 11:43 AM.

After taking a break from Red Prison to jam Grixis Delver for a bit, decided to come back and run some leagues with a few new ideas. Managed to get two 5-0's and a 4-1 in two days with this list.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/732619#paper

The biggest and I think most effective change to the traditional list I made is +2 mana sources going to 12 mountain 4 tomb 4 city 4 chrome mox 1 petal. This + Trinisphere in the main guarantees we see the most benefit from our lock pieces early in the game. Against a lot of decks Trinisphere isn't as effective past turn 3-4, but being able to always curve to 4 during that window means we get an uncounterable chandra/moon/chalice etc...

Also with the number of 4 drops this deck has been running I think with or without 3ball this much mana is necessary to consistently curve into our 4-drops on time and to play around wasteland, daze, and tax effects.

The other change that I'm not too sure about is cutting the aggressive 3-drop slot entirely. The prison angle is really so effective that I think just cutting creatures and further blanking removal is fine. I have never had a problem fully locking out any combo deck except sneak and show, which I don't think sin prodder solves at all. I beat ANT storm 4 matches with this list with no issues. With more mana sources I also think the deck needs a 5th card draw engine beyond the 4 chandra, I played a bit with avaricious dragon but settled on cloister because of its synergy with bridge. This card has been an all-star every time I've resolved it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfrosting View Post
    After taking a break from Red Prison to jam Grixis Delver for a bit, decided to come back and run some leagues with a few new ideas. Managed to get two 5-0's and a 4-1 in two days with this list.

The biggest and I think most effective change to the traditional list I made is +2 mana sources going to 12 mountain 4 tomb 4 city 4 chrome mox 1 petal. This + Trinisphere in the main guarantees we see the most benefit from our lock pieces early in the game. Against a lot of decks Trinisphere isn't as effective past turn 3-4, but being able to always curve to 4 during that window means we get an uncounterable chandra/moon/chalice etc...

Also with the number of 4 drops this deck has been running I think with or without 3ball this much mana is necessary to consistently curve into our 4-drops on time and to play around wasteland, daze, and tax effects.

The other change that I'm not too sure about is cutting the aggressive 3-drop slot entirely. The prison angle is really so effective that I think just cutting creatures and further blanking removal is fine. I have never had a problem fully locking out any combo deck except sneak and show, which I don't think sin prodder solves at all. I beat ANT storm 4 matches with this list with no issues. With more mana sources I also think the deck needs a 5th card draw engine beyond the 4 chandra, I played a bit with avaricious dragon but settled on cloister because of its synergy with bridge. This card has been an all-star every time I've resolved it.

Can you post your deck list, I can't get to the list from work.

Also which card is cloister again?

Thank you.

Hi,

Is there a guide to understanding how to make the side-in/out the different metchups?

I think it's one of the most important things to know...

Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by mariobross View Post
    Hi,

Is there a guide to understanding how to make the side-in/out the different metchups?

I think it's one of the most important things to know...

Thank you all
    Stompy is a rogue deck, and with it not putting up serious numbers, there's no real consensus on how to build it and what should be in. Sideboarding is very dependent upon what cards you have available in your 75; especially in siding stuff out, because you have to determine which cards are the weakest in your MD, while your SB cards are going to come in no matter what.

Some generalities: Fiery Confluence is great vs Stoneforge Mystic and weenie decks. I have it in my SB, and sometimes it comes in against Miracles (only because my MD Blood Moon is terrible against them).

Chandra is horrible vs DnT and Aggro strategies. Too many small threats that can take her out. But if you run Bridge, you don't have much of a choice; you need to win the game somehow.

Bridge is bad vs Burn and decks with a lot of reach (UR Delver).

It's easiest if you settle on a 60-card maindeck, then ask what cards you want in your SB to beat which decks. Then we can answer how to SB for you.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Just building on frogger's comments...

Most people will include at least 4 pieces of graveyard hate and what you bring them in against depends on what you run. The most common choices are:

* Leyline of the Void - Needed against turn 1 or 2 graveyard strategies. Best against either flavor of Reanimator and either flavor of Dredge. You pretty much use either 0 or 4 in the sideboard because you have no reasonable way to hardcast it. That means mulliganning aggressively because you feel there is no way to win the matchup without having one start on the battlefield before the game begins.

* Faerie Macabre - My personal favorite option. Still good against Reanimator and Dredge, but they have ways to stop it (Pithing Needle) or play around it (overfill the yard). What you give up against Reanimator and Dredge, you gain by having yard-hate for Lands, Storm, Snapcaster-decks, etc. A playset is not necessary and sometimes it can be a good idea to run a split with the final option.

* Tormod's Crypt - Very efficiently costed and devastating against graveyard strategies. Unfortunately it has some flaws... It can be countered on the stack (including by our own Chalice of the Void), Needled/Revoked, or baited. By baited, I mean that your opponent is unlikely to be surprised by it if you play it right away (because waiting to play it may cost you the game), and they may 'go for it' with a minimal amount of investment in the graveyard. Then after you use it they refill the yard and do what they wanted anyway.

The rest of your sideboard largely depends on how your main deck is designed. If you are main decking Ensnaring Bridge, then obviously you won't have any in the sideboard. But recently you'll find at least 2 or 3 Bridges in the pool of 75 cards.

You will also usually find up to 4 pieces of 'D&T hate'. I refer to anything that wipes the board of weenies or destroys artifacts as D&T hate even though the cards usually have a wider application. I just feel our D&T matchup is so poor, and the deck is so popular, that you need to have a strategy for games 2/3 if you want to have a chance. Fiery Confluence is an all-star. Abrade was recently printed and could prove to be worth a few slots. I've seen a lot of people play with 4 Sulfur Elemental, but I personally feel like more than 2 in the sideboard is too many. Other cards worth mentioning are Shattering Spree, Ingot Chewer; Volcanic Fallout, and Sudden Demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    You will also usually find up to 4 pieces of 'D&T hate'. I refer to anything that wipes the board of weenies or destroys artifacts as D&T hate even though the cards usually have a wider application. I just feel our D&T matchup is so poor, and the deck is so popular, that you need to have a strategy for games 2/3 if you want to have a chance. Fiery Confluence is an all-star. Abrade was recently printed and could prove to be worth a few slots. I've seen a lot of people play with 4 Sulfur Elemental, but I personally feel like more than 2 in the sideboard is too many. Other cards worth mentioning are Shattering Spree, Ingot Chewer; Volcanic Fallout, and Sudden Demise.
    Also Sudden Shock, Kozilek's Return, and Pyrokinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfrosting View Post

This list looks very streamlined. I assume Kozilek's Return is a meta-call. It seems better against D&T, but worse than Volcanic Fallout vs. Young Pyromancer decks. How have the Boils worked out for you?

Mar 2013
    Aalborg, Denmark

Went to a local small turney today that ended 2-2. The two matches I lost were very close. Both lost to mentor, so I'm bumping my sulfur count. Some random musings. Goblin Rabblemaster is really strong, even with bridges maindeck. Quicksmith Rebel is really good, I'm bumping that to 2 now instead of 1.

Hey, I'm a first time poster. I played this list at a 23 person 1k and got to top 8.

3 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox
    1 Lotus Petal
    4 Ensnaring Bridge

4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Hazoret the Fervent
    2 Goblin Rabblemaster

4 Blood Moon

4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    11 Mountain
    1 Crystal Vein

1 Koth of the Hammer
    4 Fiery Confluence

SB:

2 Bottled Cloister
    1 Trinisphere
    3 Sulfur Elemental
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Volcanic Fallout

Match 1: U/R Delver 2-0

game 1 - I turn 1 blood moon. They bolted and chain lightning but I got down E bridge and chandra and won by 2 life.
    game 2 - They had basic island so I didn't bother with turn 1 moon, instead I played trinisphere and next turn Hazoret and I was able to dump my hand to attack. Game was over very fast.

Match 2: Charbelcher 2-1

game 1 - I lose the die roll and get belched.
    game 2 - turn 1 trinisphere, they scooped.
    game 3 - see game 2.

Match 3: Grixis Delver 1-2

game 1 - I mulled to 5. They got 2 delvers out and I couldn't deal with them.
    game 2 - turn 1 blood moon and then trinisphere and got there.
    game 3 - Memory is fuzzy but I yet again got beatdown by 2 delvers. I didn't draw any volcanic fallouts and my confluence got forced.

Match 4: R/G Lands 2-0

game 1 - I was on the draw, they got mox diamond turn one and were ready to combo turn 2 or 3. I played ensnaring bridge. Game went on a awhile then chandra got me there.
    game 2 -They played a taiga, gambled and got Loam in the graveyard. I played bloodmoon and passed. I can't remember what they did next but on my turn 2 I put a chalice on 2. Then I got out hazoret and laid the beats down.

Match 5: Elves 1-1-1
    They were a friend of mine and we intentionally drew to top 8.

Top 8: We all split. The store was offering free entry to the next event as another prize to the top 2 players, so we played for that.

W/U/B Tezzorator: 2-0

game 1 - they were on the play with a mox diamond and basic island. Then played ethersworn cannonist, baleful strix. I just kept dropping lands since most of my hand was useless. Then they played tezz, to make strix a 5/5. Next turn I draw fiery confluence, play it, I destroyed strix, cannonist and tezz since it was at 2 loyalty. That wiped the board then I played E bridge and chandra to win.
    game 2 - He had thopter sword combo. I had e bridge and Bottle Cloister. I eventually drew into chandra and won.

Elves: 1-2

game 1 - I don't remember too well. I wiped the board confluence but then he natural ordered for progenitis and got me.
    game 2 - turn 1 blood moon locked him out.
    game 3 - Ruric thar stopped me from playing anything and beat me down hard.

Before the tournament I was considering cutting the 2 rabblemasters for main deck cloisters. Personally, I think I like the cloisters in the side better. I tested with quicksmith rebel and opted for a 2nd hazoret in its place. I still don't know how I feel about rabblemaster with the main deck E bridges. Think I may cut rable for another 3 drop of some sort that better fits the slow prison style. The 1 crystal veins is because I only have 3 City of Traitors.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Congrats man!

Jaya Ballard, Task Mage has generally been included in Ensnaring Bridge lists from years past (I haven't seen her in the newly popular build though). She does everything you want, but the part of her mana cost turns most people off. Might not be too big of a factor as a 2-of though.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey guys,

I recognized this list from samy13 which top 8ed the last two Legacy challenges on mtgo...Any thoughts on this true "Dragon" stompy version? Seems totally weird to me ^^

I personally like the fact that Sarkhan & Glorybringer are removal and a beater in one card but all those cc5 manacost cards are scary. Thundermaw is truly great but he's also on cc5...

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16673&d=303131&f=LE
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Congrats man!

Jaya Ballard, Task Mage has generally been included in Ensnaring Bridge lists from years past (I haven't seen her in the newly popular build though). She does everything you want, but the part of her mana cost turns most people off. Might not be too big of a factor as a 2-of though.
    I've done some brief testing with her. only got a few activations as she was mostly killed on sight, but seems powerful in that slot. the discard is definitely nice with bridge. the mana cost was never really a problem as I never wanted to jam her before getting a lock established and the 8 moon effects pretty much negate any issues with getting to (R)(R). I've been trying to slim down on the 4cmc non creatures after getting hosed by Gaddock Teeg a couple times

just my $0.02

Dec 2013
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROorDIE View Post
    I've done some brief testing with her. only got a few activations as she was mostly killed on sight, but seems powerful in that slot. the discard is definitely nice with bridge. the mana cost was never really a problem as I never wanted to jam her before getting a lock established and the 8 moon effects pretty much negate any issues with getting to (R)(R). I've been trying to slim down on the 4cmc non creatures after getting hosed by Gaddock Teeg a couple times

just my $0.02
    I agree with this. I lost a game last night to some kind of D&T variant because of Gaddock Teeg I couldn't cast Chandra to get my hand empty. That was my only loss in the past 7 games even running a suboptimal list. I'm going to move Jaya into my list and try her out.

On another note, has anyone tried Torpor Orb against D&T? It seems like it might be good to shut off SFM, Flickerwisp, and recruiter. It was super annoying getting my chalice flickered.

Thread Information