Page 115 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by AEMarling View Post
    How many red cards do you suppose we need to support 4 Chrome Mox?
    About 26.

And do you think 4 Chrome is worthwhile?
    Yes?
    I'm not sure I understand this question. Can you rephrase it?

I meant, do you think the restrictions the Chrome Mox puts on the deck and the diminishing returns in multiples is worthwhile? I have seen some lists run only 3. I will say they do synergize with my Pia and Kiran.

My next question is, does anyone have a sense for how many RR cards the deck can comfortably play? Meaning like Pia and Kiran. My guess is between 4-6.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Do you think the restrictions the Chrome Mox puts on the deck and the diminishing returns in multiples is worthwhile?
    Against an unknown opponent game 1, your goal is to resolve a Blood Moon. Every turn you delay this you are giving your opponent a chance to find a basic. With 4 Simian Spirit Guide and 4 Chrome Mox, you have a very good chance to generate the required to accomplish this. It becomes much more difficult if you start cutting fast mana. I have played 3 Chrome Mox/1 Lotus Petal in the past and been happy with that configuration. Although I did move back toward a full set of Mox.

I have seen some lists run only 3.
    Most lists running 3 are overloading on land and typically playing some Cavern of Souls. These lists are hedging their bets that 'an increase in mana consistency' will outweigh 'consistently landing a turn 1 lock piece' over the course of several games.

My next question is, does anyone have a sense for how many RR cards the deck can comfortably play? Meaning like Pia and Kiran. My guess is between 4-6.
    You could easily go to 7/8 without much of a problem.

I meant, do you think the restrictions the Chrome Mox puts on the deck and the diminishing returns in multiples is worthwhile? I have seen some lists run only 3. I will say they do synergize with my Pia and Kiran.

It's about where they are, not how many. At the 4 drop, you have a pretty good shot of casting them ahead of schedule. At the 3 slot, the sol lands don't cast them faster which leads to problems.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post

This one is even better against D&T and has application vs Miracles w/ Mentors, or even Maverick (marginal).
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Why Hello Rabblemaster 5-8. Nice to meet you.

I was coming to post that.

http://mythicspoiler.com/emn/cards/h...ttlements.html

This is the other half.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I was anxiously awaiting the full reveal for Hanweir, the Writhing Township since the card # implied the front side would be red. I am disappointed the land requires an activation in order to flip rather than just requiring both pieces be present at a specific period of time. Oh well, my short lived dreams of crushing it with a living town have ended.

It is pretty safe to say assembling the township is too slow for Legacy. Additionally, Blood Moon is a nonbo with Hanweir Battlements...
    I am pleased Hanweir Garrison is playable by itself!

The card's not exactly weak, but I'm not sold on it. I'm hoping someone else will test it.
    This does:
    0, 4, then 6, then 8. 18 Across 4 turns.

Rabble is:
    1, 6, 8, 10. 25 Across 4 turns or 15 across 3 turns.

Garrison makes more tokens but I like that Rabble can pressure Lilliana immediately.

Sin Prodder is:
    0, 3, 3, 3. 9 Across 4 turns with, in general potentially another 4.5+ damage. Maybe card draw and light evasion.

It's going to be hard to compare the Garrison vs. Prodder but I think I will stick with Prodder for now. The evasion is very good and once the Garrison goes down, the token production stops... can't end the game as quickly as Rabble.

Let's say we have both Garrison and Rabble.

T1 lock piece.
    T2 Garrison
    T3 Rabble - swing for 5.
    T4 - swing for 12.

That puts them at 3 already (maybe 2 or 1 depending on how fetching goes).

This also means after combat on T4 we have Garrison, Rabble, 2 Goblins, and 4 humans. That's 8 creatures and that means if half get through on T5 that's game. If they kill Garrison and Rabble, they would still need 3 blockers and that is dependent on them resolving 3 threats while under either a trinisphere or a moon. Or they Terminus.

Or
    T1 lock piece.
    T2 Rabble - swing for 1.
    T3 Garrison - swing for 6.
    T4 Swing for 12. 19 Damage or lethal if they fetched. 7 Creatures on board.

Let's see if we have Rabble and Prodder
    T1 lock piece.
    T2 Rabble - swing for 1.
    T3 Prodder - Swing for 6.
    T4 Swing for 11. That's 18 already an probably a guaranteed extra card or they will die to Sin Prodder trigger half of the time.
    [Edit] 5 creatures on board, 1 with Menace.

Not much a difference. Seems the trade of is card advantage/possible explosive damage with Prodder for a lot of tokens which can still push through for a win if the producer is removed.

Hmmmm.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Mr. Garrison's biggest upside is surviving Pyroclasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Still no thumbs up or "like" feature on this site?
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    This is the biggest upside. The fact that it crashes into Thalia and Shardless is a big deal. And it can't be ambushed by snap caster and containment priest, which is always a rabblemaster issue.

@octopusman nice data but it becomes a little bit more complicated if you consider stuff like turn 1 garrison and if your opp actually plays something...
    (cuz of basic lands or if he is on the play)

pretty common that opp leads with basic into drs or has the force for your lock piece... yea garisson can attack into a lot of stuff and it becomes better if you play eq's or removal... so the question would be can you overwhelm your opp without lock piece with turn 1 garrison turn 2 garrison or anything as follow up... (same story for any creature)

i think it is decent but i will test it anyways... =P

Quote Originally Posted by Wichtelman View Post
    @octopusman nice data but it becomes a little bit more complicated if you consider stuff like turn 1 garrison and if your opp actually plays something...
    (cuz of basic lands or if he is on the play)

pretty common that opp leads with basic into drs or has the force for your lock piece... yea garisson can attack into a lot of stuff and it becomes better if you play eq's or removal... so the question would be can you overwhelm your opp without lock piece with turn 1 garrison turn 2 garrison or anything as follow up... (same story for any creature)

i think it is decent but i will test it anyways... =P
    Yes true true, but I think the general rule is that you mulligan if you don't have a T1 lockpiece. I only open with a threat if my hands end up being terrible (mull to 5 for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Yes true true, but I think the general rule is that you mulligan if you don't have a T1 lockpiece. I only open with a threat if my hands end up being terrible (mull to 5 for example).
    well if you play vs shardless an amazing creature heavy hand can destroy them if their plan is basic into basic to ignore the lock piece...
    if opp starts with t1 plains into vial do you drop a moon or a creature t1?
    there are several scenarios like this and specially if we are on the draw...
    (g1 on the play vs unknown ya true mull to lock piece)

Quote Originally Posted by Wichtelman View Post
    well if you play vs shardless an amazing creature heavy hand can destroy them if their plan is basic into basic to ignore the lock piece...
    if opp starts with t1 plains into vial do you drop a moon or a creature t1?
    there are several scenarios like this and specially if we are on the draw...
    (g1 on the play vs unknown ya true mull to lock piece)
    Good call and totally agree.

Dec 2013
    Barcelona

Also garrison survives Thalia, where rabblemaster is terrible.

its a human, not a goblin that's why its awesome ...

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

How many 5/5's does it take to make the hellbent strategy viable again?

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

Turn one; Tomb, Mox, Seething Song, Raiders, Lupine.
    Turn two; Rabblemaster, pitch, Swing for 11!
    Turn three; What's Terminus do?

Hellbent fled Heaven upon the Miracles' birth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Thread Information