Page 117 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

I have a feeling that with R&Ds insistence that they are never going to print protection from a color on a creature again that something like Mountainwalk falls within the same category. Would be a nice gift though.

In other news, yes, 2R-Dudes.deck could be a thing someday. We could actually be tier 1 then!
    Quote Originally Posted by danpo View Post
    At minimum I'd say it outclasses Beetleback Chief.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Played my version of Stompy yesterday at a Win a Mox here Locally in Marrietta GA at Giga Bites. I started with nedleeds build from a few months ago - http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11059&d=262966&f=LE
    Based on his suggestions and thoughts I managed to come up with this sweet pile :

If anyone is interested I will talk about my card choices. Here were my match ups'

Round 1 - Bye
    Round 2 - Patel - UW Stoneblade Miracles, 2-1
    Round 3 - Hon - 4 Color Delver - 2-1
    Round 4 - Schnider - UR Delver 1-2 (Camera Match)
    Round 5 - Ape - Show and Ape, 0-2 , Ready to hang myself, Losing to show and tell it cancer.
    Round 6 - Bauer - Shardless, 2-1 (Claimed Shardless was favored against Moon Stompy, Blood moon told him otherwise)
    Round 7 - Hames - Infect, 2-1 , I had a better chance to T8 so friend Scooped me.

Ended up 9th on Breakers , Think I was out regardless, Needed one match in front of me to unintentionally draw. Didnt happen.

I cut bridges on my SB because playing them would make me a coward, and we aint one of dem boyz.
    I think the deck is fine. Tons of mulligans like every shitty stompy deck.
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Played my version of Stompy yesterday at a Win a Mox here Locally in Marrietta GA at Giga Bites. I started with nedleeds build from a few months ago - http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11059&d=262966&f=LE
    Based on his suggestions and thoughts I managed to come up with this sweet pile :

If anyone is interested I will talk about my card choices. Here were my match ups'

Round 1 - Bye
    Round 2 - Patel - UW Stoneblade Miracles, 2-1
    Round 3 - Hon - 4 Color Delver - 2-1
    Round 4 - Schnider - UR Delver 1-2 (Camera Match)
    Round 5 - Ape - Show and Ape, 0-2 , Ready to hang myself, Losing to show and tell it cancer.
    Round 6 - Bauer - Shardless, 2-1 (Claimed Shardless was favored against Moon Stompy, Blood moon told him otherwise)
    Round 7 - Hames - Infect, 2-1 , I had a better chance to T8 so friend Scooped me.

Ended up 9th on Breakers , Think I was out regardless, Needed one match in front of me to unintentionally draw. Didnt happen.

I cut bridges on my SB because playing them would make me a coward, and we aint one of dem boyz.
    I think the deck is fine. Tons of mulligans like every shitty stompy deck.
    Cool list! Sorry to hear about barely missing T8.

Did you ever Recruiter for Garrison? How did Garrison fare in general? Can you think of any games where having an extra token (i.e. 2nd attack) mattered or how it fared versus how Rabblemaster might have in the same scenarios?
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013

Garrison came down T1 against Shardless and produced a ton of damage then blockers when he stabilized with Goyf. Rabble sucks because you have to fire in with the token and get it eaten rather then holding back to build a mass / block. Recruiter was garbage, it's going to be another Pia or Avalanche Rider. Mystic Confluence is going to become the new 1RR spell from EMN. Honestly not sure I will play the deck again. I generally hit it once and quit it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Soldier Stompy

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Rabble sucks because you have to fire in with the token and get it eaten rather then holding back to build a mass / block.
    On the other hand, if you play rabble and then they play goyf, you can keep pushing through damage with tokens or maybe look to trade with the goyf. Hanweir in that situation does nothing but sit there and look stupid.

Personally, I think both cards are good depending on the situation. The most enticing thing about hanweir to me is the three toughness.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpo View Post
    At minimum I'd say it outclasses Beetleback Chief.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013

I disagree , but I won't play the deck more then once or twice so it doesn't matter.

Soldier Stompy

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I've started using Ratchet Bombs to handle Goyf because we have no way to deal with it otherwise. How does everyone else win through Goyfs?

My foil Garrisons arrived Monday! Anxious to try them out.
    The completionist in me feels obligated to get at least 1 foil Hanweir Battlements so I can look at the stupid oversize card they make together.

Also kinda curious how autotags displays Hanweir, the Writhing Township. (Meh, okay)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I've started using Ratchet Bombs to handle Goyf because we have no way to deal with it otherwise. How does everyone else win through Goyfs?

My foil Garrisons arrived Monday! Anxious to try them out.
    The completionist in me feels obligated to get at least 1 foil Hanweir Battlements so I can look at the stupid oversize card they make together.

Also kinda curious how autotags displays Hanweir, the Writhing Township. (Meh, okay)
    Dismember does a solid job at it

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by ZTurgeon View Post
    Dismember does a solid job at it
    Ugh, yeah I suppose. How many do you run (main deck and sideboard)?

tried multiple things like...

-icy manipulator that is mainly vs show and tell but still ok vs goyf
    -ensnaring bridge that is also mainly vs show and tell but also ok vs any big creatures
    -ratchet bomb pretty much vs anything annoying and even vs other bombs in the eldrazi matchup
    -dismember but most creatures you want to hit are small and the lifeloss is a pain specially with tomb
    -equipments to overpower their creatures
    -bigger creatures that can deal with goyf or stuff like hangarback walker

there are a lot of options but personally i dont want to use too specific sb cards if your matchup is not abmysal like show and tell... that said i like ratchet bomb in that slot...
    (sin prodder + prophetic flamespeaker + pia are decent vs goyf)

If Dismember's biggest problem is the life loss, then Roast is an option. It does not kill Delvers but otherwise seems fine.

Hey everyone, been back on the Dragon Stompy train with this list. Have only been testing it a little, but feels pretty fluid so far:

Creatures: (24)
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    4 Hanweir Garrison
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Avalanche Riders
    1 Scab-Clan Berserker
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    1 Phyrexian Revoker

Non-Creature Spells: (16)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Blood Moon
    3 Chrome Mox
    3 Trinisphere
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice

Lands: (20)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    1 Hanweir Battlements
    3 Cavern of Souls
    8 Mountain

Sideboard: (15)
    3 Leyline of the Void
    3 Fiery Confluence
    2 Sudden Shock
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Manic Vandal
    1 Chandra, Flamecaller
    1 Koth of the Hammer

I'm somewhat happy with the configuration of the creatures (I know a lot of people are kind of down on Recruiter due to being slow, but I personally am a big fan due to the flexibility he gives you on the curve). I can see cutting Avalanche Riders and some of the equipment for some main deck removal though - probably something like Magma Jet or even moving the Sudden Shocks to the main. I'd also like to find room for a Vandal in the main deck.

The one-of Hanweir Battlement is probably too cute, but with eight ways to find Garrison, if you are flooding it's a nice way to get a giant bomb going.

In the sideboard, Fiery Confluence has been a continuous rockstar. The rest of it I've filled out with generic removal (Sudden Shock for Delver/D&T/etc.), Bridge for S&T and then a few silver-bullets for Recruiter. Chandra, Flamecaller is another loose card I'm trying, which should either just be a Chandra, Pyromaster or another Koth.

But yeah, we've reach a crazy amount of 2R token-creating creatures at the moment that clock super-fast while being very strong against Miracles and other basic-heavy control decks.

Cheatyface
    May 2014
    Massachusetts

Mystic Confluence is going to become the new 1RR spell from EMN.
    Making the switch from Fiery Confluence to Collective Defiance is interesting. Gives you a bit more reach to kill a 4 toughness creature and recycle cards in your hand. Not going to lie though, I'm probably more interested in Savage Alliance. Now that we have access to 8 token producing bodies, not hitting our own bodies with while picking off something with three toughness doesn't seem terrible. Giving Rabblemaster is a hilarious bonus, not that I expect it to come up often. Costing 3R vs 2RR once you get to 4 mana doesn't seem that big, but the fact that you can get one mode for 2R isn't nothing. Not sure how I feel about giving up modal access to artifact destruction and scale-ability of the sweep though.

Edit: Instant speed may give it some play dealing with an active mom in combat? I'll certainly plan to test the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    I am a dreamer though. I like unorthodox solutions to problems that don't exist.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    My dream creature for this deck would be a Mountainwalker with pushed combat stats.
    Goblin King or bust.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Goblin King or bust.
    Heh.

This guy's from the same era. Stats are weak and CMC is worse than 2R, but pro-white is solid. What would the power and toughness need to be to make him playable? 5/5? 6/6?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    What would the power and toughness need to be to make him playable? 5/5? 6/6?
    It's probably playable at 4/4. Then it pretty much dodges all 1-for-1 removal.

Dec 2013
    Barcelona

Did you ever consider Urza's Rage in place of Magma Jet or Sudden Shock? The mana cost is perfect: 2R

A lot of times I'm forced to put chalice at 2. Versus Painter (killing painter's servant) or decks like Loam the extra point of damage matters (i.e. killing a knight of the reliquary with fetchland in graveyard)

Also has fringe synergy with Koth -2 ability (or the B/G sword) and 6 lands, and "can't be countered" also helps.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013

Deck has 0 card selection, Jet lets you put 2 mountains on the bottom of your deck so you can draw more Chrome Mox.

Soldier Stompy

Feb 2013
    Canada

Deck has 0 card selection, Jet lets you put 2 mountains on the bottom of your deck so you can draw more Chrome Mox.

This made me laugh.

LMAO! Can I sig this?
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Thread Information