Page 140 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysdai View Post
    What are people's thoughts on eidolon of the great revel?

My thinking is that he hurts the opponent even if chalice counters their spell, he's a beatstick and he will be the target of our opponent's removal before our other creatures.
    He costs double red. Basically it's as easy to cast him as it is to cast something like Thunderbreak Regent as the first 2 colorless mana is likely to already be on the board.

Aug 2007
    Williamsburg, Brooklyn

I understand the aggressive versions running Icy, as it works with their plan better than Bridge when concerned with larger creatures. I'm not sure why Icy itself though. Tapping Artifacts seems mostly useless. And while there are corner cases when tapping their one Basic might be worth it, I'm not certain those will justify the increased cost over many things that tap creatures much more cheaply.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMycon
    It's really unfortunate that even a complete imbecile can learn. I guess you truly can't drive intuition out of anything.

I understand the aggressive versions running Icy, as it works with their plan better than Bridge when concerned with larger creatures. I'm not sure why Icy itself though. Tapping Artifacts seems mostly useless. And while there are corner cases when tapping their one Basic might be worth it, I'm not certain those will justify the increased cost over many things that tap creatures much more cheaply.
    easy... it sux to draw multiple bridges in most cases... the main reason to play both is to have stuff vs show and tell and icy is more flex... anyways it is your choice and its the same story for leyline vs faerie macabre as yard-hate for example...

Aug 2007
    Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Wichtelman View Post
    easy... it sux to draw multiple bridges in most cases... the main reason to play both is to have stuff vs show and tell and icy is more flex... anyways it is your choice and its the same story for leyline vs faerie macabre as yard-hate for example...
    That.......didnt answer my question at all. Never even mentioned Bridge.
    It's really unfortunate that even a complete imbecile can learn. I guess you truly can't drive intuition out of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    That.......didnt answer my question at all. Never even mentioned Bridge.

or

come to mind
    ... But I have not tested neither them nor the icy

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    Went 4-1 in a local 5 round tournament on Sunday. Played goblin stompy in the shook meta and it felt great.
    4 Moggcatcher
    1 Kiki
    1 Settler
    1 Redcap
    1 Siege gang
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Rabblemaster
    4 Magus of the moon
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Blood Moon
    2 Trinisphere
    3 Fiery Confluence
    3 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    3 Chrome Mox
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Cavern of Souls
    9 Mountain

Side:
    3 bridge
    3 macabre
    2 sudden demise
    2 anarchy
    2 ratchet bomb
    2 Thorn of amethyst
    1 sharpshooter

Round 1 vs 4c Delver
    G1 one simply plays Moon turn two, and they Brainstorm off an open Usea and scoop. I do not board. G2 he sticks a delver turn one, then i bait a Rabblemaster off a city and ssg which eats a daze. He flips delver off a brainstorm on top, replays the land and passes back. I go cavern into magus and he's land locked. I peel lands into stingscourger on his delver that had beat me down to 7, then a 3ball seals it. Turns out the bait was good bc he had force for my turn two play not counting on cavern.
    Round 2 vs burn
    He won the die roll and thus the match. I pointed the first game by giving up before it was over by missing a chalice trigger. With 3ball on the board. Live and learn.
    Round 3 Snic-fit
    No idea what he's on and establish a board with moon chalice on 1 and chandra, felt good til sneak attack into Emrakul did me in. Games2 and 3 i see my bridges on time and beat him down with gobbos both games.
    Round 4 Aluren
    A close 3 games, moon was relevant even with 4+ basics in his deck. Kiki and settler got me a game under a moon lock and i overran him with turn one moggcatcher chaining into Rabbles the last game with only a few minutes on the clock.
    Round 5 Gb elves.
    Mull to 5, open with cotv on 1, peel a tomb to lay down chalice on 2, then peel a 3ball for turn 3 and feel good. 4 turns later i got hoofed. Ban Craterhoof. Games two and three i lock her out pretty easy and win handily.
    Love this list. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by zangoasyl View Post

or

come to mind
    ... But I have not tested neither them nor the icy
    costs more mana to activate = harder to develope your board and if you have to set chalice on 1 array it is dead and icy is harder to kill cuz decay runs wild... anyways both can not tap lands...
    (ill remove chandra and icy vs delver ofc)
    Last edited by Wichtelman; 05-15-2017 at 03:08 PM.

costs more mana to activate = harder to develope your board and if you have to set chalice on 1 array it is dead and icy is harder to kill cuz decay runs wild... anyways both can not tap lands...
    Ok CMC 1 was my bad, but for CMC 2 there is trip noose...
    Nevertheless that's not the important point. More interesting is the question of QQQ about how often you actually use the land tapping ability of the icy so that it's higher CMC is paying off!

deleted
    Last edited by Wichtelman; 05-15-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Lets be freaks...
    Dec 2007
    Mettmann

well it was written in may 2016 and ive not updated it since the top ban... there is a bridge version even if there are just 3 in that build... "sample-version-2"

just have written it to update the mtg salvation primer as the creator wasnt seen since ages... sadly moderators or admin is not able to update the primer till the forum gets an update... little bit strange but whatever...

would be happy about any input... specially after the top ban matchups will be different and i havnt played vs foodchain for example...

maybe im able to buy all cards on mtgo and also stream it that way i could be up to date in the matchup section...

Hello there folks.

It's true, I wasn't here for ages, and truth be told, I barely play Legacy anymore thanks to Modern.

Still...I am very happy that the deck evolved so much, and you guys kept developing it.

I have to agree that it's a shame that my primer isn't up to date anymore, but I am willing to rewrite it. I'd need the help of you guys here, either per PM or via Skype or E-mail because likeI I said I am completely out of the format.

If anyone bis interested to send me stocklists / textpassages, etc. feel free to contact me. You 'll get the credit for the work ofc.

Kind regards, and keep locking the opponents out,

Micha
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells
    :16: - (See, now Erratic Explosion's a deck)
    Legendary Creature - Horror
    Haste, Hexproof, Double Strike, Trample
    Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells is indestructible.
    Permanents you control can't be sacrificed or copied.
    Whenever Kenjawn, Mutator of Cells attacks, defending player gets liver cancer (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
    13/13

Aug 2007
    Williamsburg, Brooklyn

If you're running a deck with 8 Moons, 4 Chalice, and some pretty dangerous 3 CMC threats, and you're concerned about an opponent aiming Decay at your tapper, you are probably not spectacular at threat evaluation. If you are spending 4 mana plus an additional mana per turn to even-more lock someone who is already locked under a Moon instead of just killing them, you are probably not spectacular at resource management. More to the point, how often do you actually board in Icy against decks Moon is relevant against? How often do you board in Icy against decks that run Decay? It seems to me that Sneak and Reanimator are the two most relevant ones. Sneak runs Moon itself, and obviously doesn't have access to Decay. Reanimator ignores Moon, and while they can access Decay post board it will likely be aimed at different Artifacts. Unless it's U Reanimator. In which case you do have the advantage of Moon being somewhat relevant. Especially in shutting off Decay. But now you're adding another 4 mana spell against a deck that runs Force, Daze, Seize, and Pierce. Not sure if that's the place to be.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

icy is immune to decay... the tapping land part is important if they find their basic under a moon or just are able to fetch turn 1 if they are on the play or you just play t1 chalice... actually i had a game vs reanimator and he had iona g1 so my only out was icy under a bridge... as i said multiple times there is no 100% all in red list cuz it depends on your meta and you have to adjust... all that tap stuff might be playable but it is not about putting it out as soon as possible it is about having solutions to all kind of scenarios...
    Please use capitalisation and punctuation or I will have to start deleting your posts. It's in the rules, please read them here.

Of note is this section of the first rule:

Presenting your thoughts clearly and coherently encourages others to take you seriously and to listen to what you have to say. The best way to do this is to use proper grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and sentence structure. Also, spell your words correctly. Note the "Go Advanced" posting panel has a spell-checker.
    Thank you. Dice.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by fluuu View Post
    Love this list. Thoughts?
    Thoughts from me? I'd love to talk about the goblins build more. My preference to the build is purely subjective, I'm not stating that goblin stompy is the future. I just like playing with janky red cards.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jandax; 05-15-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroYawgmoth View Post
    Hello there folks.

It's true, I wasn't here for ages, and truth be told, I barely play Legacy anymore thanks to Modern.

Still...I am very happy that the deck evolved so much, and you guys kept developing it.

I have to agree that it's a shame that my primer isn't up to date anymore, but I am willing to rewrite it. I'd need the help of you guys here, either per PM or via Skype or E-mail because likeI I said I am completely out of the format.

If anyone bis interested to send me stocklists / textpassages, etc. feel free to contact me. You 'll get the credit for the work ofc.

Kind regards, and keep locking the opponents out,

Micha
    As I mentioned before, I have the time and energy to take this over. I have my last final for this semester on Wednesday. After that, I can write up a new primer.

I can do that and share the text dump so the entire thread can agree on the content before we relaunch. I'd like to get this done this week or early next, long before GP Vegas.

I have a GPT in my LGS on Saturday and I'd like your opinions and suggestions on my decklist:

9 snow-covered Mountain
    4 city of traitors
    4 ancient tomb
    2 gemstone cavern

3 chandra, torch of defiance
    1 koth of the Hammer

4 chalice of the void
    4 ensnaring bridge
    2 trinisphere
    3 chrome mox

4 blood moon

2 fiery confluence

2 magus of the moon
    4 sin prodder
    2 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    4 goblin rabblemaster
    2 walking Ballista
    4 simian spirit guide

Side:
    2 grafdigger's cage
    2 pithing needle
    1 shattering spree
    1 surgical extraction
    1 cursed totem
    1 spellskite
    2 torpor orb
    1 damping matrix
    1 Kozilek's return
    1 magus of the moon
    1 trinisphere
    1 Pyrokinesis

Personally I'm thinking of cutting Koth from the 75 but I'm not sure if I should and what to replace him with.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Fwiw: if this is your style of play you should switch to painter, seems that you want to prison them out but attacking through your own bridge can't work all the time. This is one of the more eclectic stompy lists I've seen. If you're looking to spike a Gpt it's better to go with a more stock list, and show up early to scout the room and decide on sideboard cards before the tournament starts.

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    Fwiw: if this is your style of play you should switch to painter, seems that you want to prison them out but attacking through your own bridge can't work all the time. This is one of the more eclectic stompy lists I've seen. If you're looking to spike a Gpt it's better to go with a more stock list, and show up early to scout the room and decide on sideboard cards before the tournament starts.

Ironically I switched from painter to dragon stompy (and definitely prefer stompy), I actually thought my list was mostly stock. What makes it so eclectic?

I find the bridge is sometimes a lock piece itself.

Feb 2008
    Breda Area, The Netherlands

Ironically I switched from painter to dragon stompy (and definitely prefer stompy), I actually thought my list was mostly stock. What makes it so eclectic?

You play 2 Magus main, if you are a prison deck you should at least play 8 Moon effects. (Unless you can tutor for 1 like in most painter lists)
    I have not seen Walking Ballista a staple in any lists and it doesn't look synergetic with the other cards in your list. I might even say that Hangarback Walker would have more synergy.

And why Snowcovered Mountains? Just for flavor or is there a reason behind it?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Side:
    2 grafdigger's cage
    2 pithing needle
    1 shattering spree
    1 surgical extraction
    1 cursed totem
    1 spellskite
    2 torpor orb
    1 damping matrix
    1 Kozilek's return
    1 magus of the moon
    1 trinisphere
    1 Pyrokinesis
    I've never been happy whenever I've tried out Spellskite. The Pithing Needles should arguably be Phyrexian Revokers.
    But definitely 4 Maguses in the maindeck.

Here's some 'stock' lists for reference:
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=23186&iddeck=179652
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=23117&iddeck=179094
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=23067&iddeck=178510
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=22970&iddeck=177715

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

I too have played painter for years and maybe that's what i saw in your list. You're wanting to spread yourself out more to cover more bases, but heed my advice and learn to play a stock list. There's several different flavours of the deck, i like goblin the best. Suit your style.

In essence lose the walking ballista for magus 7 and 8, move some number bridges to the side for extra copies of confluence, trade koth for chandra, cavern can go in lieu of basics or cavern of souls. Then you pretty much have a stock maindeck. Do you know what your bad match ups are? Base your side board around that, not what you expect to see. This is a hate.dec so your linear strategy guides decision making on which hands to keep and what cards to take out to side in. I believe fully that this deck needs to be able to play control as well as beat down in any given game.

Going back to your list,if you're just picking this deck up, go stock your first few tournaments. And take a stack of sideboard cards with you to the tournament and scout it out and fill in your side board registration on the spot. Hate 'en out bro

Thread Information