Page 151 of 197 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Dragon Stompy on the GP stream in round 6 against Grixis Tempo right now, at 5-1. Blood Moon and Ensnaring Bridge already in play, heh.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

GGs

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfrosting View Post
    ... settler killing their 1 basic has sealed so many games for me.
    I've been thinking about running a 1-of Settler in a non-goblin build. But the price for the real life piece of cardboard is steep. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Dragon Stompy on the GP stream in round 6 against Grixis Tempo right now, at 5-1. Blood Moon and Ensnaring Bridge already in play, heh.
    The pilot of that deck was Marco Cammilluzzi and he was disqualified in Round 8.
    Link: http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...-dq-2017-06-15

"Marco Cammilluzzi was disqualified in Round 8 during an investigation. The head judge has provided the following statement:

During Round 8, a floor judge became involved in Marco Cammilluzzi’s match because of a game play error. During the investigation, Cammilluzzi’s explanations led me to believe that he could be providing misleading statements about how he thought a card worked, and how he had played it during this event. After gathering information from previous rounds’ opponents, I concluded that this was indeed the case. The rules state that lying to a tournament official is an infraction that requires a disqualification."

I think he was using the decklist of Cody Johnston
    http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=15469&d=294226&f=LE

18 LANDS
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    10 Mountain

14 CREATURES
    4 Magus of the Moon
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    1 Quicksmith Rebel
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Sin Prodder

4 INSTANTS and SORC.
    4 Fiery Confluence

24 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Koth of the Hammer
    3 Trinisphere

SIDEBOARD
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Sudden Shock
    4 Sulfur Elemental
    4 Sun Droplet
    1 Trinisphere
    Team Budget
    "Deadly When Hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    I've been thinking about running a 1-of Settler in a non-goblin build. But the price for the real life piece of cardboard is steep. :-/
    The only real reason to run settler over other choices is that he's a goblin and he sticks around for kiki shenanigans. If you aren't tutoring for him or copying him you can just swap it for avalanche riders.

I also toyed with the idea of running some number of "destroy target land" cards but I'm not sure what or how many. While we can easily run generic beater type cards as one-ofs, a specific effect like wanting to destroy a basic needs multiples to see any success, and it's match up specific so it's not great in the main, especially when so many tier one decks still fold to blood moon. I'm running 3 boil in the side but I may test riders and see how that goes. The 2/2 haste body is nice too over boil. Boil has been insane against blue decks that mostly ignore moon though (show, miracles, UR, grixis control)

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cin View Post
    "Marco Cammilluzzi was disqualified in Round 8 during an investigation. The head judge has provided the following statement:

During Round 8, a floor judge became involved in Marco Cammilluzzi’s match because of a game play error. During the investigation, Cammilluzzi’s explanations led me to believe that he could be providing misleading statements about how he thought a card worked, and how he had played it during this event. After gathering information from previous rounds’ opponents, I concluded that this was indeed the case. The rules state that lying to a tournament official is an infraction that requires a disqualification."
    Lolwut? What can you possibly even misrepresent with this deck? The artifact that you picked with quicksmith rebel?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Lolwut? What can you possibly even misrepresent with this deck? The artifact that you picked with quicksmith rebel?
    I would imagine either chalice or trinisphere. He may have been playing spells through his own chalice and then lied and tried to claim he thought the effect wasn't symmetrical.

I would imagine either chalice or trinisphere. He may have been playing spells through his own chalice and then lied and tried to claim he thought the effect wasn't symmetrical.
    Another suggestion I saw could be that he was making people pay 3 mana for Trinisphere for Gurmag Angler after delve.

Edit, per reddit: Apparently it was actually Rabblemaster. He was making tokens and not attacking with them, and said Rabblemaster pumped itself.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

So this Marco guy had a sweet deck on a good run. Glad the karma Police busted this douche.

The only real reason to run settler over other choices is that he's a goblin and he sticks around for kiki shenanigans.
    - Can attack under Bridge while holding the single turn draw card, unlike Riders
    - Our Jitte is much better with anything that sticks around
    - Protects against opposing Liliana -1 and Edict effects
    - chump blocking to win a tight race

I don't care about the haste or the 2/2 body. The only advantage of Riders over Settler I see is that if running Cavern of Souls, choosing "human" hits both Magus and Riders.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

And it's like, you know, 100x cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    - Can attack under Bridge while holding the single turn draw card, unlike Riders
    - Our Jitte is much better with anything that sticks around
    - Protects against opposing Liliana -1 and Edict effects
    - chump blocking to win a tight race

I don't care about the haste or the 2/2 body. The only advantage of Riders over Settler I see is that if running Cavern of Souls, choosing "human" hits both Magus and Riders.
    Fair points. I think the 2/2 haste is not bad, especially with us often confluencing for 1 damage to all, but I can definitely see wanting a body that sticks without needing to pay echo.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

To be honest, nuking that one basic is cake. If you get to go off with kiki jiki it's icing. If you're running bridge main and have flex slots, look to stone rain. It's granny tech but if they're Alpha or Beta copies (summer is okay too) then it's worth the aesthetic pleasure alone. I suppose.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by hovercraft View Post
    Another suggestion I saw could be that he was making people pay 3 mana for Trinisphere for Gurmag Angler after delve.

Edit, per reddit: Apparently it was actually Rabblemaster. He was making tokens and not attacking with them, and said Rabblemaster pumped itself.
    When i saw the judge call, he had Rabblemaster, and one card in hand, but no goblin tokens in play vs an untapped Griselbrand. Something infers to me that he was not making Goblin tokens that would be forced to attack under zbridge against griselbrand. Otherwise, it could be he was cheating to his opponent that Rabblemaster had more than 2 power for ccombat and misrepresenting the rules to his advantage.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

The only real reason to run settler over other choices is that he's a goblin and he sticks around for kiki shenanigans. If you aren't tutoring for him or copying him you can just swap it for avalanche riders.

I also toyed with the idea of running some number of "destroy target land" cards but I'm not sure what or how many. While we can easily run generic beater type cards as one-ofs, a specific effect like wanting to destroy a basic needs multiples to see any success, and it's match up specific so it's not great in the main, especially when so many tier one decks still fold to blood moon. I'm running 3 boil in the side but I may test riders and see how that goes. The 2/2 haste body is nice too over boil. Boil has been insane against blue decks that mostly ignore moon though (show, miracles, UR, grixis control)
    Goblin Settler is a her.

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    So this Marco guy had a sweet deck on a good run. Glad the karma Police busted this douche.
    Yup!

If you're running bridge main and have flex slots, look to stone rain. It's granny tech but ...
    Good point. I think I might prefer the -1cmc of Stone Rain over the 2/2 haste 3R echo body of Riders.

I think I saw somebody playing Dragon Stompy at GP Vegas with Rakdos Pitdragons (!!) still...

list?

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Princessforfun View Post
    Yup!
    Is the stock list with 3 hazoret and 4 MD bridges

Edit

Just threw up in my mouth a bit

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Ma...ood+Moon#paper
    Last edited by jandax; 06-17-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Information