Page 53 of 197 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Oh yea, Chalice... I forgot you run that main. Still you can can pull it out with Moggcatcher or if you're running a Cavern you can push it though with that. Still you have a point and I am yet to even build the deck so I am sure you guys have a better idea than I do.

(Tax is coming, will have my deck in about a month.)
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Sep 2011

Prospector seems win-more and slow. It's amazing in Lackey.dec. But in this deck, consider how slow it is to fetch all 3 pieces with Moggcatcher. If you have 3 Moggcatcher fetches, are you really going to go Siege-Gang + Sharpshooter + Prospector, or would you just fetch 3 Siege-Gangs or SGC + Kiki or StoneRain+Kiki?? It seems like most other combinations automatically win you the game with 2 fetches and this one takes up 3.... and doesn't even win you the game. All it does is give you a cute interaction that deals 5 free damage at the cost of 3 tokens. Seems bad. Those 3 tokens could also just attack for 3... or face-bomb the opponent for 6.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

This Goblin Stompy build looks like alot of fun.

Food for thought: Since you're running tons of 2-power creatures in that version, what about Imperial Recruiter? It can grab pretty much everything in the deck and it would increase the consistency of the deck even further. It would also be a nice engine with Kiki which Recruiter can fetch, making it almost a 1-card combo if you have the mana ready.

Actually, the more I think about it, Recruiter could be quite amazing here if the tempo loss is worth it.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Zupponn View Post
    EDIT: I've also been looking at something along these lines:

11x Mountain
    4x City of Traitors
    4x Ancient Tomb

4x Magus of the Moon
    4x Simian Spirit Guide
    4x Moggcatcher
    3x Siege-Gang Commander
    3x Flametongue Kavu
    2x Rakka Mar
    1x Goblin Settler
    1x Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
    1x Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Chrome Mox
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Trinisphere
    2x Umezawa's Jitte
    1x Koth of the Hammer

SIDEBOARD:
    4x Phyrexian Revoker
    3x Pyrokinesis
    3x Anarchy
    3x Confusion in the Ranks
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

There are a lot of synergies in this list and I feel that Moggcatcher very well could be the real deal. There's something to be said about a dude that poops out dudes all game. SGC has been amazing, either off of Moggcatcher or hardcasted. He feels so much better than anything that's similar to him. I've had some interesting times with Kiki-Jiki already, whether it's copying SGC for a huge army or FTK for repetitive removal, I think he deserves a spot here. I have the Settler in there, but have yet to see it. I'd rather just get a SGC or Kiki-Jiki 95% of the time. Other than those guys, the deck is just the list I've been running with the swapping of the Hellbent for the Power Goblins. If nothing else, it's incredibly fun and worth testing at least a little.
    I really like this list. FTK seems to fill a hole this deck has, and the interaction with Kiki is pretty amazing. How is the singleton untutorable Jaya treating you? Would you not just rather another 3sphere or Rakka Mar?

Would you keep running 2 Jitte post-rules change or are they partly there just to kill enemy Jittes? It does seem kind of amazing with all the expendable tokens.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

@Moggcatcher:

I used to try that in MUD list but it didn't work there since I needed the artifact count to be high. I can see it work here. Here were my other catcher targets:

Goblin Sharpshooter - deals with a lot of x/1 creatures like the tokens of Lingering Souls
    Goblin Welder - if you feel like recycling artifacts
    Rummaging Goblin - if you have dead cards in hand

I was also running Cavern of Souls in that MUD list. But with Blood Moon here, I'm not sure if it will be as effective. It did help my MUD list resolve bombs.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I really like this list. FTK seems to fill a hole this deck has, and the interaction with Kiki is pretty amazing. How is the singleton untutorable Jaya treating you? Would you not just rather another 3sphere or Rakka Mar?

Would you keep running 2 Jitte post-rules change or are they partly there just to kill enemy Jittes? It does seem kind of amazing with all the expendable tokens.
    I'm not sure about Jaya. She's been good every time I've seen her, but I've never missed her when I haven't seen her. I'd rather see her with a Rakka Mar on the board than another Rakka Mar though.

I actually used to run 4 Jittes about a year ago because Jitte should almost say "Win target game". Since then though, I've cut it down to three and now two, which I like the most. Just having it can take over games, so two feels like enough to see one if the game goes long and you need the utility that it gives you.

@Barook: Recruiter seems like an interesting option, but it seems to be better in the combo shell with Painter than anything. Another thing to think about is that we're a very aggressive deck and durdling for a turn without playing a lock piece or a threat could ruin us.

EDIT: Also, it looks like our Enchantress matchup becomes a million times better with Moggcatcher and SGC. I like that.

EDIT EDIT: I just smashed Shardless BUG twice as well. Going Turn 1 Chalice and Turn 2 Moggcatcher is pretty brutal.
    Last edited by Zupponn; 07-08-2013 at 09:16 PM.

saw the goblin stompy idea and wanted thoughts on this brew

4 ancient tomb
    4 city of traitors
    12 mountain

3 chrome mox
    4 simian spirit guide

1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Caterwauling Boggart
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1 Outrage Shaman
    3 rakka mar
    2 koth of the hammer
    4 siege gang commander
    4 moggcatcher

4 blood moon
    4 magus of the moon
    4 trinisphere
    4 chalice of the void

SB:

4 phyrexian revoker
    4 ensnaring bridge
    2 ratchet bomb
    4 tormod's crypt
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

Tried to build more on the goblin theme with Mogg Catcher

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Krenko, the shaman, and the boggart all seem a little lackluster in this deck to me. I'm not sure they do enough to warrant an inclusion into the deck.

Using a toolbox in this deck is really bad. Just use moggcatcher to fetch up SGC....sb you can use stingscourger for the show and tell matchup and tuktukscrapper for annoying artifacts. You shouldn't have a problem with blade decks anyways. The only blade match I lost to recently is a guy who had bskull and sword of fire and ice in his opening hand and a jitte from searching with stoneforge on turn 2. Then proceeded to topdeck the only plains in his deck after a blood moon.

Right now I'm going to test 1x Krenko to be more aggressive with sacrificing goblins with SGC.

All your men die to punishing fire ... and they still mostly cost 4 and 5. 4 don't even attack ... you have to skip a turn to find another 2/2 that also must wait to attack.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Any consideration for Lightning Crafter as a 1-of? Using it to save a SCG (with a Moggcatcher) seems pretty lolz.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    Any consideration for Lightning Crafter as a 1-of? Using it to save a SCG (with a Moggcatcher) seems pretty lolz.
    That could work well. There is a combo with Crafter, Kiki and a sac outlet that lets you do limitless damage. You can do the combo with Sharpshooter in place of a sac outlet. Personally playing goblins I found crafter underwhelming but I think here he can work. Also if you need to make a copy of something but someone killed Kiki you can use it as a kind of Pseudo Kiki.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    fetch 3 Siege-Gangs or SGC + Kiki or StoneRain+Kiki
    I want to do this.
    All of what FTW says here is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    This Goblin Stompy build looks like alot of fun.
    Quoted For Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoderm View Post
    Using a toolbox in this deck is really bad. Just use moggcatcher to fetch up SGC....
    This sounds like good advice to me. I'm taking it. I want to win now.

------

Zupponn, I'm glad you're doing well with this build. I believe our Miracles match up could improve as well.
    Goblin Stompy. Is that what we're calling this? I like it, but it isn't our only option. We could call it Mogg Stompy. Or MC Stompy. I kinda like that last one. I guess it's up to Blastoderm, right?

I am excited to try my own take on this tomorrow night. Just need to find 3 more Catchers...
    I finally have an excuse to buy a Goblin Settler!!

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Goblin Stompy. Is that what we're calling this? I like it, but it isn't our only option. We could call it Mogg Stompy. Or MC Stompy. I kinda like that last one. I guess it's up to Blastoderm, right?
    I do not feel like this is about stomping so much as it is about just being an all round pain. Personally I like the idea of this being our Medicine in a blue meta. Kind of therapeutic. If it ran Pithing I would call it Goblin Acupuncture. Barring that I like "Mogg Medicine" as a name. Dropping in and administering our own remedies to others problems. (Like having land. What a pain that must be for the other guy. Thankfully I can fix that for him.)

I finally have an excuse to buy a Goblin Settler!!
    I agree. She was one of the last goblins I did not own... If for nothing else, playing this one card at the table and watching others faces will be fun.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Although Goblin Settler seemed really fun, I've cut it in favor of a Tuktuk Scrapper in the main. That just seems more useful to me, as I was never searching up the Settler but found the Scrapper very useful in dealing with something like Batterskull game 1.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I don't see myself using Tuktuk, Settler, or Kiki in the main deck. I do like the idea of having all 3 in the sideboard though.

Against the grindy control decks it seems like going for Kiki/Settler to attack their basics would be a powerful play.
    My LGS has the Moggcatchers I need! I hope to have a report up tonight.

2-2 with Dragon stompy at redcaps weekly again but this time with a different list and stuff.

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    10 Mountain

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Trinisphere
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Magus of the Moon

4 Chrome Mox
    4 Simian Spirit Guide

2 Rakka Mar
    4 Gathan Raiders
    3 Rakdos Pit Dragon
    3 Lord of Shatterskull Pass
    4 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Arc-Slogger

1 Sword of Fire and Ice

4 Flametongue Kavu
    4 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Stone Rain
    1 Porcelain legionnaire

Match 1 vs Belcher
    Game 1: I am on the play. I land a blood moon. He drops out a bunch of 0 mana spells. I land a revoker and name "Belcher" and take the game from there.
    Game 2: He spits out 10 goblins turn 1 and I fold.
    Game 3: I land chalice at 0 then a revoker naming belcher and a trinisphere and take the game
    1-0

Match 2 vs Elves
    Game 1: I mull to 6. He goes forest death rite shaman. Well shit guess those moon effects don't help me much. He combos by like turn 3.
    Game 2: I mull to 6 again and try to lead with a revoker naming deathrite. He does a bunch of nasty stuff and lands 2 glimpses and has 3 nettle sentinels and draws a billion cards. GG
    1-1

Match 3 vs Reanimator (Same guy from game 4 last week)
    On draw
    Game 1: He goes first and does a lot of nasty stuff and wins.
    Game 2: Chalice at 1. Just kinda go from there
    Game 3: I land enough lock pieces and do the right amount of damage before he combos off.
    2-1

Match 4 vs RUG Delver
    Game 1: I roll snake eyes. He counters ever single lock piece I try to get out but it doesn't work.
    Game 2: Early lock pieces get me there.
    Game 3: I basically blow my entire hand to go turn 2 Chalice @1 and then the next turn Chalice @2. He proceeds to wasteland my city of traitors and answer every threat I put out with either force or dismember. Eventually he stalls long enough to Krosan grip the chalice at 1 and runs away with it.
    2-2

Thoughts:
    The biggest change from last week was not running songs or bulky creatures. I honestly like the change as I feel the revokers main board are pretty awesome at shutting down stuff (Won me the game vs belcher). I never drew into sword of fire and ice against really the only relevant match-up (RUG delver) so I can't tell you how it worked. I don't know how to feel about the red elemental blasts. The matches I sided them in against (Reanimator,Delver) I normally wanted a chalice at 1 so they sat dead in my hand most of the time.

I really wanna have side out the FTKs and replace them with either Volcanic fallout Pyroclasm or Pyrokinesis. For elves since that seems like a rough match up unless I land a chalice at 1.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

I've always liked Pyrokinesis in the side, but have been liking Ratchet Bomb a little more recently just because it's also useful vs Enchantress.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I had the same outcome as Jancz (nice to finally meet you), and went 2-2. Twenty nine people showed for this weekly event.

10 Mountains
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Blood Moon
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere

4 Moggcatcher
    3 Siege-Gang Commander
    3 Stone Rain
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    3 Koth of the Hammer
    3 Flametongue Kavu

Sideboard
    1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    3 Bonfire of the Damned
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Confusion in the Ranks
    2 Anarchy
    1 Trinisphere

Round 1 - Seth playing Reanimator - Loss 0-2
    Round 2 - Alvaro playing U/R Delver - Loss 1-2
    Round 3 - Eric playing Mono U Omniscience - Win 2-0
    Round 4 - Charles playing Shardless BUG - Win 2-1

Seth is a talented Reanimator pilot. He came in 2nd at SCG Philly and 22nd at SCG Worchester. I simply cannot beat him with my 75... Not having any graveyard hate certainly hurts my chances. I will be finding some room for a few Faerie Macabre.
    My match against Alvaro was close. He won off the back of 2 sideboarded Smash to Smithereens.

My goal was to test Moggcatcher. Unfortunately I cannot comment on them... I cast him 2, maybe 3, times and never got to untap with it. Oh well. That makes me somewhat concerned with relying on it to find my artifact removal. SCG was never cast, so again I cannot comment on him.

I liked that I did not have to focus on getting hellbent. I will continue to tweak and test.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

I had the same outcome as Jancz (nice to finally meet you), and went 2-2. Twenty nine people showed for this weekly event.
    God what is going on down in center city with 2 dragon stompy at the redcaps weekly :(. Hope to see both of you in a week!
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Thread Information