Page 81 of 197 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Zupponn View Post
    Picked up that Goblin Settler that's been hanging around my LGS after they dropped the price to $40. At the very least I'm going to cut Sharpshooter in the side for the Settler.
    I've been testing 2 in the main, cutting Rakka completely. I'll let you know how it goes.

bruizar

Picked up that Goblin Settler that's been hanging around my LGS after they dropped the price to $40. At the very least I'm going to cut Sharpshooter in the side for the Settler.
    Remember when I bought those for €0.10 each. Magic is beginning to get stupid.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Has anyone been thinking about Feldon of the Third Path in Red Stompy? I'm not too sure of it myself, but there is an argument for Feldon acting like an untutorable Kiki-Jiki and comboing with Siege-Gangs and Settlers and Scrappers and stuff.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Remember when I bought those for €0.10 each. Magic is beginning to get stupid.
    Wow... Cheap! I think Goblin Settler is going to be even tougher to get, now Vial Goblins is picking him up as well

bruizar

http://www.themanadrain.com/index.ph...38997.105;wap2

Had them more than 5 years ago :x Many people told me the card was crap, as with a lot of other cards. Selling off part of my magic cards paid for my university. Thank you scarcitygames, for tricking nerds with good jobs into spending tons of money on your market cornering practices.

The same thing happened to Candelabra of Tawnos. At first, it made an appearance in high tide, and then when Rock Lee's turbo eldrazi deck won a tournament the price spiked and never came down because SCG leads prices for the 2nd market and benefits from inflating the market. I got them for €25 each. When Ben Bleiweiss bought my italian The Abyss off magiccardmarket, I immediately hunted for English versions. A few days later, doubled/tripled. He also bought a foil Burning Wish, and then I got some more from other vendors >>> profit. I actually did this myself with foil Dark Depths. Bought out all of them for $30-$35 each on magiccardmarket and abugames when Thespian Stage was spoiled, then relisted them on magiccardmarket for €60/€70. The card is now at €85 each (cheapest). Needless to say this was profitable. Other vendors will just follow the dominant vendor. Herd mentality at its finest :)

moggcatcher in top 8 :):)

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

I think that the change in the format is great for this deck.

I think that the change in the format is great for this deck.
    Went 5-0-2 in a field of 96 yesterday, losing in the quarterfinals. The deck is really good right now. I just hope that two weekends of scg top 16 in a row don't let the world know before the GP.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

yeah love the imperial recruiter version.. wish those things werent so damn pricey, always rather be spending my $ on other cards :/
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

How is the match-up against UR Delver with Mono-Red Moggcatcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UNLIMITED View Post
    How is the match-up against UR Delver with Mono-Red Moggcatcher?
    Chalice on 1 is basically in auto win. 3 ball slows them down but they still have a lot of burn so they can slam a pyromancer and just burn every dude we try to play. That is what I have found.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

after game 1, they board in atleast 1-2 smash to smithereens for the chalice.. so i find it far from an auto win... not to mention blood moons don't hurt that deck nearly as bad.
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

Quote Originally Posted by Myelectronicdays View Post
    after game 1, they board in atleast 1-2 smash to smithereens for the chalice.. so i find it far from an auto win... not to mention blood moons don't hurt that deck nearly as bad.
    Unanswered chalice on 1 I should say. Obviously if they counter it and if they smash it. Most lists seem to run 1-3. They do have to find it naturally though because their cantrips will be turned off. If we are in magic christmas land we can also chalice on 2 as well.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Jables237 View Post
    Unanswered chalice on 1 I should say. Obviously if they counter it and if they smash it. Most lists seem to run 1-3. They do have to find it naturally though because their cantrips will be turned off. If we are in magic christmas land we can also chalice on 2 as well.
    totally agree. I lost to UR delver last thur (my weekly local legacy, went 2-2).. although i was playing dragon version this weekend instead of mogg (just for a random change of pace). Lost to UR delver.. although it went to a very close game 3. I had a terrible evening of getting turn 1 chalice's or blood moons all night.. no matter how hard I mulled. The tempo in that match is still pretty damn scary if they are on the play game 1.
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

Feb 2008
    Breda Area, The Netherlands

An Imperial / Goblin Stompy hybrid made 6th place at SCG.

http://www.mtgpulse.com/event/18362#259088

Would like to hear the reasoning behind some choices :)

What is the Gemstone Cavern in the SB for?

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Personally, I'm not a fan of the list, but he did Top 8 with it.

Stomping blue decks with "dead" decks, as usual.
    Sep 2010

Personally, I'm not a fan of the list, but he did Top 8 with it.
    Maindeck seems fine. Sideboard seems terrible. But yeah, he made Top 8 (probably on the back of Moon Effects and Chalice than whatever else he was playing).
    Let your Dredge 6 be: Narco, Narco, Narco, Bridge, Bridge, Dread Return

Nov 2014
    Victoria, BC

Been playing with this list at my LGS lately. Went 3-1 once in tournament but I have been out of town since then.

4x Magus
    4x Moggcatcher
    4x Spirit Guide
    4x Goblin Rabblemaster
    2x Siege-Gang Commander
    1x Kiki-Jiki
    1x Goblin Settler
    1x Murderous Redcap
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

4x Chalice
    4x Trinisphere
    4x Chrome Mox
    1x Jitte
    4x Blood Moon

2x Koth

4x Ancient Tomb
    4x City of Traitors
    4x Cavern of Souls
    7x Mountains

SB:
    3x Pyrokinesis
    3x Ensnaring Bridge
    2x Sulfur Elemental
    2x Shattering Spree
    2x Spellskite
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter
    1x Stingscourger
    1x Emrakul

Thoughts:
    I ended up cutting a Sulfur Elemental (3 -> 2) and a SoFaI (1 -> 0) for 2x Shattering Spree, after a couple long and frustating games against Grafdigger's Cage. Although, I've been thinking about cutting a Pyrokinesis for a Sword of Fire and Ice but I've been having really good games with Pyro lately, so I'm kind of on the edge. Koth feels really great in the deck. Often -2 him after Moggcatcher is active to fetch Kiki-Jiki, copy Moggcatcher and fetch for SGC/Rabblemaster. Sharpshooter really slows down Elves and any token based deck that people play. I had troubles against Omnitell but I think I just didn't keep good enough hands. I went to six on with 3 lands, no trinisphere or chalice and didn't mulligan because I was scared of losing with a five card. He ended up exiling my turn 1 rabblemaster with Swords and then I durdled around for a couple turns before he finished me off. My buddy is running a list with 1x Rabblemaster and 4x Imperial Recruiter(At a different LGS) and has been liking it a lot, getting 4-0 quite a few times. I think he mentioned wanting more rabblemasters. I feel like Rabblemaster overshadows SGC, but SGC is much stronger against Stoneblade decks, or any deck where I need to be bringing in Ensnaring Bridge.

Has anyone else had fun with similar lists? I've really been liking these new goblin lists.

Hi guys, I'm Italian so sorry for my english. I follow you from a long time because I play the deck from many years, from the hellbent-dragon version, to actually goblin, through werewolf.

Actually I'm playing goblin-stompy version, really I don't have much feeling with Moggcatcher, but now this is my best list that I came with this version:

12 Mountain
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Chrome Mox
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Blood Moon
    4 Magus of the Moon
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    4 Moggcatcher
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    3 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Murderous Redcap
    1 Goblin Settler
    4 Sudden Shock
    1 Stingscourger
    SB: 3/4 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 4 Ricochet Trap
    SB: 1 Umezawa's Jitte
    SB: 3/2 Koth of the hammer
    SB: 1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    SB: 1 Stingscourger
    SB: 1 Goblin Sharpshooter

How we can see, I have cut Trinisphere from my list, for the strong redundancy of our "pole", I think that now it isn't fundamental as are moon or chalice (at least until printing a creature with trinisphere's ability ).
    I have lost a lot of game for this reasons: too many pole in my hand and no finisher, I died from a fast delver or from first creature that enter before chalice. So now I prefer sudden shock to trinisphere for a better control of the board.

What do you think about trinisphere?

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

I think cutting Trinisphere is a mistake. It's very possibly the best first turn play in the deck and really your only hope against Omnitell.

Thread Information