Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncut Sheet of Magic cards

ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
    Jun 2007

Uncut Sheet of Magic cards

I've never seen one before (although, perhaps many of you see them all the time, I don't know). I know almost nothing about things like this. Is this worth anything? I realize it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I was hoping for dollar value guesses.

If it isn't worth anything, I'm going to just hang it up in our game/library room.

peace,
    4eak

Pithing Needle naming Vizzerdrix
    Jun 2009
    NYC

Re: Uncut Sheet of Magic cards

That is freaking awesome.

How'd you come across that?
    Only posts when drunk.

ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
    Jun 2007

Won a tournament, got a mountain of foil stuff. This was included.

peace,
    4eak

Touch the sky

May 2008
    Lisboa, Portugal

By the picture, it looks like a foil uncut sheet, which means it's worth some. Can't guess a number, though.

The only people it might interest is collectors and store owners, so maybe you could ask your local store if they're willing to pay for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    MWS is an idiot filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthuloo View Post
    If they are particularly ugly : Tarmo & Goyf
    If they fight all the day: Urza & Mishra (if one is a female: Chandra & Jace - if one is good and the other is evil: Gerrard and Yawgmoth )
    If instead they collaborate: Brainstorm & Fetchland
    If they always seem to listen to you, but in fact they don't: Maro & Aaron
    If they have tentacles: Cthulu & Emrakul

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head when you said it's worth what some one's willing to pay for it. Those really aren't worth as much as their cool factor would suggest. I won an uncut sheet of Antiquites before and it was even the rare sheet with Workshop, Candelabra and all that jazz and I was only able to move it for 350 at GenCon.

Man, that's really cool but I think you'd be better off keeping it. I can't imagine it going for much

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

Is it tournament legal?

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Malchar View Post
    Is it tournament legal?
    Lol

By the way, it's worth something between 300-350$. In my opinion it is just better to keep it and hang it framed, it's cool.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Technically, it should be possible to cut it up into individual cards.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

It's worth more uncut. The prices on those are typically hard to guess since it's only valuable to a collector of course. I've seen biding wars go way out of hand for things like that. I'd say it's fairly safe to be thinking you could get $400-600 fairly easily and probably more. I'd give $500 and not think too much about it. Depending on the set they can get really ridiculous quickly in price, but like I said, you have to catch the collectors.

If I were to sell something like this, I would only do it in a storefront on Ebay. Put some stupid price you'd be ecstatic to get and see if people start watching it a lot. The number of people who watch items is a good indicator if you're out of range or people are really thinking hard on it.

If it was me, I would keep it framed in a very good sealed frame. I'd spend the $100 or so to get the good stuff. It's only going to be worth more later. Don't know if you've ever seen the beta sheets, but they are insane how much they are.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by ChiiMagic View Post
    Yeah, you hit the nail on the head when you said it's worth what some one's willing to pay for it. Those really aren't worth as much as their cool factor would suggest. I won an uncut sheet of Antiquites before and it was even the rare sheet with Workshop, Candelabra and all that jazz and I was only able to move it for 350 at GenCon.
    I'm hoping this was at least 10 years ago or I'm going to have to point out you could have had the sheet cut up and the rares would be worth more than 350. For that reason in addition to the fact they are fairly rare (for Antiquities make that EXTREMELY RARE) they usually go for more then all the cards on them would be worth individually. I saw one the other day on Ebay with Arena lands http://cgi.ebay.com/MtG-Magic-Gather...#ht_549wt_1139.

For OP:
    I'd guess you could get around $300 for that foil sheet if you found the right person maybe up to 450-500 but I don't know how rare foil sheets are.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

I have a foil uncut sheet of worldwake with jace sitting right in the middle. I got it framed and it's sitting on my wall. The frame job for a piece this size is prob going to run you more then its actually worth cause its such an odd size.
    DraftMagic.com - The best draft caps by the worst drafters on the net.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last Day

i would say the sheet is worth $150 at maximum. let it hit ebay and see what happens as getting it framed nicely is (as said before) incredibly expansive. a german fellow is trying to move his russian foil uncommon magic2010 sheet (which i consider much more vulnerable) for some time for about 100€ and did not find a buyer until now.

You can't actually cut the sheet and get usable cards: the corners won't be round.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien View Post
    You can't actually cut the sheet and get usable cards: the corners won't be round.
    many people do round up corners on ie/ce cards so i do not see any problem here.
    anyway it stays roe common and would be a total waste.

Drinks to much coke
    Aug 2010
    London Ontario

You can if you have a standard paper cutter and one of these with a 3/8th round blade (I have a friend who works at a classic print shop and has access to a lot of cool toys)

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Except that if the sheet was actually worth cutting you take it to a professional. Not like your going to be in your room cutting it up with safety scissors.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by oRen View Post
    getting it framed nicely is (as said before) incredibly expansive
    I don't think so. I had an original Akira Kurosawa's Dreams film poster framed by a professional framer and I paid something like 30 euros, wich is not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by oRen View Post
    (which i consider much more vulnerable)
    Valuable?
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ChiiMagic View Post
    You mean it was the Uncommon Sheet.

Antiquities only had Commons and Uncommons. It was printed on two sheets only as was Arabian Nights, The Dark, Fallen Empires, and Homelands - while modern sets are printed on three (Rares, Uncommons, and Commons).

Wizards retconned rarities of the old sets right around Odyssey when they decided to make it so only rares were on the Reserved List. So most of the U1s (uncommons printed once per Uncommon Sheet) from Arabian Nights, Antiquities, The Dark, Fallen Empires, and Homelands because rares years after their print runs ended just so they couldn't be reprinted later.
    Don't Hate the Herd

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

would yall agree that to a miscut cards are more valuable? if that is the case would it not be better to instead of keeping the sheet whole, you intentionally miscut the sheet?

Thread Information