Page 311 of 509 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Deck] Goblins

What happened?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Oooo, real bad Goblins punt against Hypergenesis just happened on the SCG feed. Ouch.
    AAAAnd he keeps a hand G2 with only 3 drops. Huh.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

AAAAnd he keeps a hand G2 with only 3 drops. Huh.
    Oh God this guy doesn't bother to read his opponents' cards and didn't put anything from his hand into play off of Hypergenesis.

Mar 2013

Caught the end of that, Emmy wiping his board. Did he really not drop in anything off Gen?
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

What happened?
    The guy playing goblins just had no idea what was going on and didn't bother reading Gerry T's cards. He also missed free damage by not Vialing in Warchiefs before combat. He didn't use his Ports or Vials effectively. Like, Goblins player had a mountain and POrt untapped at the end of Gerry's turn and he didn't use Port to tap down one of Gerry's lands at end step. It was a free Port activation that he just passed up. Then, when he had Vial @2 he didn't activate it in response to Gerry's fetch which could have messed up an instant which Gerry might have cast there. Goblins player also didn't cast Ringleader for 3 with a Warchief in play, instead payed 4 for it. He also didn't side out Tarfire against Hypergenesis. He also didn't put ANYTHING in play off of Hypergenesis, because he didn't bother to read Hypergenesis to see what it does.... Just, wow. Really really awful. I know goblins had a reputation for being a bad deck piloted by bad players, and this match did nothing to challenge that stereotype.

Mar 2013

Sounds like a new player that had not spent any time at his local store. Gaming like that I would be willing to bet he is using a borrowed deck. He looked young so maybe he is at the event with an older brother and is just borrowing a deck or something like that.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Hey fellow Warchiefs,

I've had an idea that might improve the efficiency of discussions going on in this thread (not they were not fruitful) - and I'd like to hear what you have to say about that:

What if I used the very first few lines of the opening post to summarize the most recent discussions of the thread? e.g. Let's say people are discussing the value of Thalia, Guarian of Thraben in the MD. The someone else comes up with a discussion on the number of Cavern of Souls in the MD. Then a third guy writes a line or two about Wear//Tear. This means we have thre discussions going on, which I would translateinto something like this:

Ongoing discussions

[date], [starting on page N], [link to starting post]: "Thalia in the MD." (status: active/inactive)
    [date], [starting on page N], [link to starting post]: "On the Number of Cavern of Souls" (status: active/inactive)
    [date], [starting on page N], [link to starting post]: "Wear//Tear in my meta?" (status: active/inactive)

This is only a rough sketch of how this paragraph could look like and I'm not even sure if people want something like this. I want to achieve that users who don't peak into this threat as frequently as others have an easier time following discussions about their topic of interest. So, any suggestions of how best to achieve this goal? And more importantly: who of you can see him/herself using this information on a regular basis?

End.
    GL
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Mar 2013

I like it. I think it can help overall because it will allow that streamlining of both topics and lower confusion for those looking to learn about these kinds of cards. If something is coming up a lot its likely making enough of an impact that streamlining the conversations would help.

As for is we can see ourselves using this info, yes, I think we will. I mean the trick with using Vial in response to its own trigger was something I learnt here. Any other tricks that are picked up I would use. Streamlining everything to a stream of posts that can be found with ease, then read over to see what the thoughts of those talking about the card are would help both those of us that have been playing this deck for years and those that are new. Because there is a strong chance any questions one may have are answered in those posts that are in response to the quoted stating post.

Jan 2013
    Ithaca, NY

The guy playing goblins just had no idea what was going on and didn't bother reading Gerry T's cards. He also missed free damage by not Vialing in Warchiefs before combat. He didn't use his Ports or Vials effectively. Like, Goblins player had a mountain and POrt untapped at the end of Gerry's turn and he didn't use Port to tap down one of Gerry's lands at end step. It was a free Port activation that he just passed up. Then, when he had Vial @2 he didn't activate it in response to Gerry's fetch which could have messed up an instant which Gerry might have cast there. Goblins player also didn't cast Ringleader for 3 with a Warchief in play, instead payed 4 for it. He also didn't side out Tarfire against Hypergenesis. He also didn't put ANYTHING in play off of Hypergenesis, because he didn't bother to read Hypergenesis to see what it does.... Just, wow. Really really awful. I know goblins had a reputation for being a bad deck piloted by bad players, and this match did nothing to challenge that stereotype.
    Yep, saw the match and he was awful. Another line of play he missed is when in g3, he played ringleader for 4 when he could have cast sgc for the same amount of mana. He sideboarded wrong also.

Mar 2013

The match is on Replay right now.

Jan 2013
    Ithaca, NY

The match is on Replay right now.
    How was he even 2-0 before this match?

Mar 2013

Likely he had good matchups. I think in time he will be better with the deck. Right now I do just think he was borrowing a deck. He did not play like he knew the deck very well.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Ugh, they're replaying it again.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

That was probably the worst player I've ever seen playing legacy on SCG live. Like wow. I don't even pay goblins and I think I pointed out at least 10 awful plays
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Well, I went to that champ, it wasnt a big one, but it was fun.
    I expected a aggro/aggro control field, based on my feelings =p
    I played with this list:

4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    10 Mountain

4 Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    2 Tarfire

4 Mogg War Marshall
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Gempalm incinerator
    1 Stingscouger

3 Goblin warchief
    2 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Matron

4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Krenko
    1 Lightning crafter

4 Relic of Progenitus
    4 CotV
    3 Pyrokinesis
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Tuk Tuk
    1 Boartusk Liege

R1 Against some kind of UR young pyromancer. He opens with island, so i try to go for vial that gets dazed, then i go lackey that get bolted, matron got dazed, but then he was far behind in lands and I just managed to kill his creatures with gempalm and tarfire, soon i got there and won. SB -4 Lackey +3Pyro + 1Boartusk
    G2 was pretty the same but I open with cavern =] so he start to dig for bolts and kill PD, warchiefs.. until I have enought board presence and manage to win again. In some way of the match I ported his fetch to make he shuffle his deck so his delver wont flip, later he showed me that he had put a miracle at his top =]
    1-0
    R2 Affinity. I got a bit scared, because its hard to win through affinity without sideboard, well, he kept a slow hand and after a tarfire and one gempalm, my PD wins that game fast enough. SB: -4 Lackey + 1 tuk tuk + 3 Pyrokinesis.
    G2 he start very fast, puts everything on the table, MWM chumps like a boss, so I have time to reach for an answer, I had a matron and he had a ornithop+cranial plating, I prob should went after tuk tuk to destroy his plating, well, I had no time, got tarfire to cast it right way and was enough to steal the game.
    2-0
    R3 Aggro Loam. G1 he open with a cycle land, strange, i go for vial, he go for another cycle, so I tryied to waste him, later he said he kept a slow hand, well, he got mana screwed and I got two PD, that happens. -4 Lackey -Lightning Crafter +4Relic +1Boartusk
    He opens with a fetch, I kept a suspcious hand, some grave hate and vial, slow but that I guessed could win. Guessed wrong. He turn two go with CotV to one, well no grave hate so... slow hand+reliquary and I am dead, should have mulligan that hand.
    G3. Open with two relics at hand, I start mountain relic go. He land go. I play waste, thought in dropping a MWM.. hmm I played the second relic in case he has CotV. On his second turn he play his CotV =]. Aggro loam is a nice deck, but without his graveyard is a very easy match. Some gempals to his reliquary and I won in some turns.
    3-0
    I was happy and confidant until 4th Round..
    R4 Enchantress. I really dont know how to win this game, really, I tried to be fast, but never was fast enough. He opens with land go, I go with lackey, keep putting pressure, but at his turn 4 he get RiP+Energy field.. GG. Side -4gempalm -2 tarfire +4CotV +2Pithing needle, because creature removal was useless.
    G2. I start with pressure, mountain lackey, lackey hit and let PD and another lackey goes in, turn 3 I pushed him to 11 and after my lackeys drops would kill him next turn. He get RiP+Energy field again, and kill me with Helm of Obedience, again.
    3-1

Finished at 3rd.
    Props
    Tarfire: It was really usefull, killing dark confidants, equipped creatures, key creatures, was really nice to have it.
    Krenko, for winning games with speed and consistency.
    Rishadan port, for muddle people turns. Its hard to people think while you keep stopping them at their upkeep and tapping their lands ;)
    Cons:
    Tuktuk, Boartusk and lightning crafter wasnt nothing special.
    Enchantress, because this deck simply exists.
    And my bad english, sorry guys, hope was understandable.

Cya.

Why do people run Pithing Needle over Wear // Tear?

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Why do people run Pithing Needle over Wear // Tear?
    Because I was playing monoR and if I want a way to destroy an artifact we have better options.
    I thought I would see more wastelands, so I really imagined that monoR could be a good call.

Wear//Tear isnt auto win, but it would help, I almost put my anarchy at SB.. that would won too,
    in both games he RiP+EnergyField in his 3th and 4th turn, when I had almost 4 mana, and in fact
    it takes some time to he find the helm, so I had time.

Pithing needle is a card that can fit holes, I didnt know what to expect to, needle can save when
    you dont know what is comming. Is not the best card in any scenario, but is an acceptable choice
    for a lot of games.

But of course, knowing the field as I know it now, would have played a splash for white =]

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

@Fimo:
    Agreed with pretty much you said about Shardless Bug. Very good analysis.
    Against Nic Fit though, I tend to disagree, but mainly because I run a lot of basics, so Veteran dying is not that big of a deal. Also, they don't always have them, and don't always can explore (haha) it's mana all that well. Other than that, Lackey might aswell connect sometimes, it it might be good enought to steal some games. I only played against it 3 times with goblins, and didn't find it that hard. Games were won trough Matron/Ringleader CA (sometimes with Kiki or Krenko helped in the mix) and at least once with pure rush.

On the argument on Caverns, I get that "They can Waste another land". I do, but my counter point to that is: They can't Waste another Red source if you don't open yourself to it. And usually being able to produce RR or RRR is crucial. That's why I'd like to get info on the subject.

On the SCG match: I don't care if you're new to the deck, or new to the format. You shouldn't be ashemad to be. What you should do is pick your opponent cards you don't know, and read them. What you should to is look at your own cards and read them. I mean, why not? It's not like we are supposed to know everything. I've read my own Jace yesterday, and won against an opponent that Dazed a copy of Flusterstorm, but didn't paid for the other. Also, if you read the card, and don't fully understand it, call a judge. Don't be embarassed to ask for one. It's your right. Don't ask your opponent. He can't lie, but he don't need to tell you everything also.
    Yesterday I saw another game, where a Dredge player lost a game because he didn't know how his own cards worked, while if he had simply took time to read his cards, he would have won.
    Heck, I've played goblins against an opponent once that had a japonese Vampire Hexmage. I asked: "What does it do? If you sac it, you remove all the counters from a permanent?" He answered "yes", and I attacked, and was surprised when his dude killed my Chieftain and survived. Shame on me.
    Read the cards. Call the judge. Think while you read the cards. Don't be embaressed.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Sep 2011

Oooo, real bad Goblins punt against Hypergenesis just happened on the SCG feed. Ouch.
    LOL. I just opened this thread to post exactly that after you sent me the link in the other thread. That was painful to watch. I was so excited at first that Goblins would be getting a pre-board win against combo. *sigh*

Also - and this is probably more subjective - but I would have grabbed Piledriver off that first Matron and Vialed in the Thalia before opponent's turn. Opponent is durdling with 0 board and 0 removal spells (otherwise a Lackey that late should not connect), so even not knowing what Gerry is playing you already know Thalia is going to be a beating and Piledriver probably won't get blocked/killed. So IMO you need to go into race mode and just win.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

I was going through my rare binder the other day when I came across a card which I've never seen played in Legacy, but which looks like it could somehow be decent in a Rg goblins deck: Bind. This card is basically a green Stifle, but it's more expensive, can't hit triggered abilities, and it also cantrips. The Cantrip is what makes me think this could be a feasible card. Being able to counter a Wasteland or a Fetch while drawing a card seems like a killer tempo boost, especially while on the play (obviously). But there are plenty of uses for it on the draw also. There isn't a deck in the format that doesn't run fetches (Bind could just be Wasteland #5-8), so Bind is always a live card, and having an out in your hand to a Batterskull or SFM activation doesn't seem too terrible. And, yes, it can also prevent a planeswalker ultimate.

Has anyone ever experimented with this card in Goblins or a similar deck? And if you haven't, do you think it's worth testing? Or is it just too cute?

Thread Information