Page 330 of 509 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Have you guys tried the following for the sideboard:

Grafdigger's Cage: it's okay against Dredge (still doesn't stop Zombie tokens) but it does take care of Ichorid and Dread Return targets. Early Cage followed by a swarm of goblins? Not to mention it disables GSZenith and Natural Order for Elves. This was taken from the Canadian Thresh thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    If you want to shore up both Elves and Dredge matchups, Grafdigger's Cage. As an Elves player, few things annoy me as much as a Cage on the board. Imagine someone turning all your cantrips into blanks. That's what it feels like playing vs. Cage. That is to say, please burn all Grafdigger's Cages you encounter, we will reward you handsomely.
    Ensnaring Bridge: not sure how fast you can get this online but it's not as dependent as Ashen Rider against Sneak/Show decks. I mean you're going to be attacking with 1/x and 2/x goblins right. Also goes well with Piledriver as you attack with a 1/2 and the trigger happens after it attacks, getting around bridge.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Hi everyone! I played in the weekly legacy tournament today. This time we were 9 players.

R1. Sneak and Show
    G1. I didn't know what my opponent was on and kept a seven without a onedrop but with Mogg War Marshal + Chieftain and a lot of mana denial. My opponent was on Sneak and Show and I was too slow.
    G2. A Chalice of the Void on 1 keeps my opponent on one land and I win.
    G3. My opponent has a fast hand and without Cabal Therapy it's too much. I lose.

R2. Esper Stoneblade (with TNN)
    G1. This is a very close game. My opponent gets a TNN into play. I have Vial and some Goblins. I port him for a turn or two to delay him from playing his SoFaI. Once he get's it into play I matron for a Tuktuk Scrapper to get rid of it. He soon plays a second TNN and a Jitte. I have a SGC and my opponent is at a low life total. If I had had some more lands in play I could have finished him off this way. I played a Prospector a couple of turns earlier which was propably a mistake, it could have generated enough mana.
    G2. My opponent doesn't have an answer for Lackey, which is allowed to hit twice. It takes a while for me to win, but my opponent isn't able to stabilize.
    While shuffling for game 3 time is called. I conceided the game (I had been paired up) and went home to eat instead.

Reflections: R1 I wanted an answer to Griselbrand/Emrakul (my list doesn't include Stingscourger). R2 an answer to TNN would have been nice. I'm considering adding a Warren Weirding to the main deck, but I'm not sure what to cut. Maybe I should split it 1/1 with the Tarfire. I like playing more removal maindeck (4 gempalms, 2 Tarfires, 1 Sharpshooter atm) as it makes the matchups vs most fair decks better, and the sideboard hate versus combo is way more effective. I'll see what I come up with. As always, if you have any suggestions I'm happy to hear them, feedback is always appreciated. :)

Apr 2010
    Germany

@ScatmanX
    Thank you for the reply. Was - as always - very insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    Hi everyone! I played in the weekly legacy tournament today. This time we were 9 players.

R1. Sneak and Show
    G1. I didn't know what my opponent was on and kept a seven without a onedrop but with Mogg War Marshal + Chieftain and a lot of mana denial. My opponent was on Sneak and Show and I was too slow.
    G2. A Chalice of the Void on 1 keeps my opponent on one land and I win.
    G3. My opponent has a fast hand and without Cabal Therapy it's too much. I lose.

R2. Esper Stoneblade (with TNN)
    G1. This is a very close game. My opponent gets a TNN into play. I have Vial and some Goblins. I port him for a turn or two to delay him from playing his SoFaI. Once he get's it into play I matron for a Tuktuk Scrapper to get rid of it. He soon plays a second TNN and a Jitte. I have a SGC and my opponent is at a low life total. If I had had some more lands in play I could have finished him off this way. I played a Prospector a couple of turns earlier which was propably a mistake, it could have generated enough mana.
    G2. My opponent doesn't have an answer for Lackey, which is allowed to hit twice. It takes a while for me to win, but my opponent isn't able to stabilize.
    While shuffling for game 3 time is called. I conceided the game (I had been paired up) and went home to eat instead.

Reflections: R1 I wanted an answer to Griselbrand/Emrakul (my list doesn't include Stingscourger). R2 an answer to TNN would have been nice. I'm considering adding a Warren Weirding to the main deck, but I'm not sure what to cut. Maybe I should split it 1/1 with the Tarfire. I like playing more removal maindeck (4 gempalms, 2 Tarfires, 1 Sharpshooter atm) as it makes the matchups vs most fair decks better, and the sideboard hate versus combo is way more effective. I'll see what I come up with. As always, if you have any suggestions I'm happy to hear them, feedback is always appreciated. :)
    Could you post your list please? I'm especially interested in your list since I'm on B splash too, right now. ALso, it's easier for people to give you feedback then. Thank you!
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Hello Goblin players!

I am a an opposing fish player, new to legacy. I versed goblins, and I got destroyed in the first game - the second game was close, but they just won. The card advantage is insane!

I've got a question for you guys. What cards in mono-blue Merfolk decks are you most afraid to see? What is it, that makes your life hard in this match-up (including sideboard cards). It would really help me a lot to understand this match-up. Thanks! :)

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Windmill View Post
    I've got a question for you guys. What cards in mono-blue Merfolk decks are you most afraid to see?
    In this order:

1. Umezawa's Jitte
    2. True Name Namesis
    3. Coral Helm Commander

Essentiall anything with evasion abilities.

Merfolks can also steal games when they counter early pressue. Merfolk is better in games where both players play only 1 creature each turn.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post

Could you post your list please? I'm especially interested in your list since I'm on B splash too, right now. ALso, it's easier for people to give you feedback then. Thank you!
    This is the list I played today. :)

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Goblin Piledriver
    2 Tarfire
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    2 Goblin Warchief
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Siege-gang Commander

4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Badlands
    4 Snow-covered Mountain
    1 Arid Mesa
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Pyrokinesis
    1 Fire Covenant

The Fire Covenant was just something I wanted to try out last week, and I think there are better options.

In this order:

1. Umezawa's Jitte
    2. True Name Namesis
    3. Coral Helm Commander

Essentiall anything with evasion abilities.

Merfolks can also steal games when they counter early pressue. Merfolk is better in games where both players play only 1 creature each turn.
    That is interesting. In my game I almost won, my Coral Helm Commander was my general who almost took me to victory. The problem though is that what you're describing - a low number of goblins - just didn't happen. My opponent had a board FULL of them - much more than me. It was my first ever legacy match and I suspect I let him play in a way that let insane numbers get onto the board. But its like, OK, I can get out 3-4 of my guys, but then he gets out 6-8 and so it becomes hard to stabalize.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Windmill View Post
    That is interesting. In my game I almost won, my Coral Helm Commander was my general who almost took me to victory. The problem though is that what you're describing - a low number of goblins - just didn't happen. My opponent had a board FULL of them - much more than me. It was my first ever legacy match and I suspect I let him play in a way that let insane numbers get onto the board. But its like, OK, I can get out 3-4 of my guys, but then he gets out 6-8 and so it becomes hard to stabalize.
    Well, the Matchup isn't that complicated. I suggest you to ask your opponent to play some more games for fun after you finished your "official" tournament games. You will quickly get a feeling for how the matchups works. What you described just now is stereotypical for the MU, and I'm sure you will find it hard to beat the green guys consistantly.

/EDIT: I think its very important for Merfolks not get into lategame ad to curve out in the first 4 turns. WHen you manage to have all your lands tapped at end of turn AND if you have 3-4 ands by turn 4 you should be having less troubles. It's easy to fall behind in the MU.

Well, the Matchup isn't that complicated. I suggest you to ask your opponent to play some more games for fun after you finished your "official" tournament games. You will quickly get a feeling for how the matchups works. What you described just now is stereotypical for the MU, and I'm sure you will find it hard to beat the green guys consistantly.
    I will do that. Thanks! I guess I just need to know when to block, and when to let damage go through. I'm guessing that in general, I'll use my merfolk for blocking and stablizing - then aim to bring out evasion and even better, equip with Jitte and use that to win.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by WindMill
    I will do that. Thanks! I guess I just need to know when to block, and when to let damage go through. I'm guessing that in general, I'll use my merfolk for blocking and stablizing - then aim to bring out evasion and even better, equip with Jitte and use that to win.
    I think you misunderstood gobolord's answers; i'll try to make things more clear, hoping to be experienced enough to do this... if i'm wrong, then our Lord can correct me :)

When you play against goblins with merfolk, you are the aggro deck, and we are the control deck. Goblins want to stabilize and then win the game in mid-late game thanks to the card advantage of matrons and ringleaders... very few decks in legacy can win against goblins in late game.
    The cards you and Gobolord mentioned (jitte and coralhelm) are very important and could win games against us, but ONLY if you manage to put up enough pressure in the early turns, so that we reach mid-late game with a low life total. That was what gobolord meant when he said you need to curve out in the early turns.

other advices: if you can, kill piledriver (with dismember or blocking him with mutavault). Never let lackey connect. Counter our 1st turn aether vial. if your mutavault is a creature, it adds to the count of our gempalm incinerator damage.

I hope this can be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    I think you misunderstood gobolord's answers; i'll try to make things more clear, hoping to be experienced enough to do this... if i'm wrong, then our Lord can correct me :)

When you play against goblins with merfolk, you are the aggro deck, and we are the control deck. Goblins want to stabilize and then win the game in mid-late game thanks to the card advantage of matrons and ringleaders... very few decks in legacy can win against goblins in late game.
    The cards you and Gobolord mentioned (jitte and coralhelm) are very important and could win games against us, but ONLY if you manage to put up enough pressure in the early turns, so that we reach mid-late game with a low life total. That was what gobolord meant when he said you need to curve out in the early turns.

other advices: if you can, kill piledriver (with dismember or blocking him with mutavault). Never let lackey connect. Counter our 1st turn aether vial. if your mutavault is a creature, it adds to the count of our gempalm incinerator damage.

I hope this can be helpful.
    Ah, thank you! This analysis was very helpful. Also quite disheartening. Unless I get a 'nut draw', it seems that beating Goblins is going to be very hard. We're trending towards 3 mutavaults instead of 4, our only way to block piledriver and it escapes tidebender. Dismember is less useful now because we have other cards to fight non-goblin decks, so I think that dismember will probably be trending out as well. Still - your post and the front page of this was AMAZINGLY helpful, I now understand what all of the different pieces do and their ultimate goal plan. Thanks!

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by mrblueduck View Post
    So there is a new commander card that has me interested. Sudden Demise . I don't know if it is a better option than Pyrokinesis out of the SB, but it is something to at least consider as a 2-1, 1-1 split. It is certainly better in many instances then Pyro. I am just curious if anyone has tested this card, or seen it actually be played.
    I played Rb Goblins tonight and ran 2 Sudden Demise in the sideboard. R1 I was paired against Elves! Sudden Demise was pretty boss, never worse than a 2-for-1 for R1. Too bad I lost G1 thanks to a mull to 5 and G3 because I couldn't hit a 3rd land. So it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    As you already know, I decided to play Goblins in Brazilian Natz this year again.
    Thanks for reading, for the cheers and for the support!
    You're a fucking legend Marcelo! Congratulations.

Creature - Elf Wizard
    Aug 2011
    Campinas, SP, Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    (...) I decided to play Goblins in Brazilian Natz this year again. (...)
    (...)

Match 1: Elves
    (...)
    Game 2 – He plays Shaman, I Tarfire it. He plays an elf, Cradle, and passes. I Waste Cradle. He plays Wirewood Simbiote, I play CotV@1 and Port the shit out of his basic. That wins the game after some dudes.
    -Got quite luckythere, but the elves manabase does got a lot worse trough time. No shame on taking advantage of it.
    (...)

Thanks for reading, for the cheers and for the support!
    Thanks for the report! It was a nice reading.

IRT you "manascrewing" the elf deck, I must confess it happened to me once, while I was playing with the forest guys, and one should always take advantage of it when it happens, LOL...

IRT your Top8 match... that was a tough one. Shame that you didn't take that last game. But variance is a thing, to the better or the worst

All in all, congrats on your performance, again!

Aug 2012
    Japan

I haven't posted here in several months, but I've been following the thread throughout.
    I've been playing the Kenny Dungar list with Thalia and 5 haste lords, but have done worse with it than with any other list I've tried. Not blaming the list as I'm still very much a Warchief-in-Training. Nevertheless, I need a change and have been inspired by the Warren Instigator lists posted by Gobolord recently, ScatmanX some time ago, and the Cedric Phillips list from 9/2012.

Here's what I've got at the moment:

Goblins (34)
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Warren Instigator
    3x Goblin Piledriver
    4x Goblin Chieftain
    4x Goblin Matron
    4x Goblin Ringleader
    1x Krenko, Mob Boss
    1x Siege-Gang Commander
    1x Stingscourger
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

2x Tarfire
    2x Warren Weirding
    3x Gempalm Incinerator

Other (4)
    4x AEther Vial

Land (22)
    3x Badlands
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Cavern of Souls
    3x Mountain
    4x Wasteland
    4x Wooded Foothills

Sideboard
    4x Cabal Therapy
    3x Chalice of the Void
    1x Earwig Squad
    3x Perish
    3x Relic of Progenitus
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

I've tried to keep the number of one-drops, two-drops, and total goblins (34) as high as possible.
    I'm open to replacing two lands with Chrome Mox for speed. Will test it both ways.

Questions
    • Warren Weirding is proving to be very effective. Yet at the same time, having those as the only black cards in the main means I'll frequently need to reveal the black splash in game 1 just to access this card. --> Is it worth it?
    • Ringleader & Shuffle effects: On the one hand, fetching lands out before playing Ringleaders should give an improvement, however marginal. On the other hand, once you've stacked the bottom of the deck with non-goblins after Ringleading, the last thing you want to do is shuffle those back in! Has this been analyzed and number-crunched, and if so, could you point me to it? How many shuffle effects are optimal? Should I replace some fetches with a 4th Badlands and perhaps an Auntie's Hovel?
    • How many slots should I devote to the 'finisher' goblins, Krenko, SGC (or Lightning Crafter/Kiki-Jiki) that I hope to cheat into play with my 8 Lackey effects?

I'm looking forward to your feedback.
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours."

My 1994+ Magic Cube

Dec 2011
    Richmond, VA

I'll try to respond to your questions:

1. I don't think that revealing the black splash in game 1 is that big of a deal. I can't imagine very many Legacy players sideboarding or playing much differently in games 2 and 3 because they see the black.

2. I don't remember who did it or when, but the numbers have been crunched. If you aren't splashing, your ringleaders will be better with fewer shuffle effects. For example, I run no fetches in mono-red for this reason. You don't want to shuffle the chaff back in.

3. I play 2 finishers in a more traditional version. I use 2 Krenko. However, with more lackey effects, you probably want this number to be higher. Maybe 2 Krenko, 1 Siege Gang, 1 Kiki-jiki. When I played a WInstigator list, Krenko wasn't printed yet. I think I played 2 Siege Gang and 1 Kiki-jiki.

I hope this was helpful.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Sockosensei View Post
    I'm looking forward to your feedback.
    1 - Don't worry about revealing B. The games don't play out that differently. One of the most relevant things I can think of is people not overextending into Perish, but since you have lots of Lackeys, they have to have lots of dudes to attack and block, or lots of removal, so no biggy there.
    2 - Fetch when it's safe. Fetch before Ringleaders. Try not to fetch after them. The % of cards you win is extremely small, and is not worth being less/more susceptible to Waste/Stifle then what your color requirements demand. Construct a manabase that makes you feel safe, and play according to it.
    3 - 2-3 'finishers' would be my pick, like traditional lists. The deal is that Instigator connecting is WAY more powerfull than Lackey, so even if you have just a Matron or Ringleader in hand, you'll pretty likely be winning the game. I usually like a Kiki-Jiki in the Gator build. Droping Matron>Kiki, then Kiki, and you get to search for whatever you want next turn is great. Also, Gator dropping Piledriver/Chieftain + Kiki is a 2 swing kill.
    Another thing is that with 4 Chieftains there is a good chance of having more than 1 out, making almost all your other goblins into 'finishers
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

@ScatmanX: I tried out 2 Chrome Mox in a mono red build last night. I must say, I was pretty impressed. It gave a nice speed boost which might be just what we need these days. It lets you do some silly things like Waste plus one drop or Tarfire T1. I just need to find a way to cram 2 Tarfire in now! The build I played last night ran 7 lords, which is pretty much the shit. But they make the rest of the list pretty tight.

I also ran 2 Tuktuk maindeck. They were boss as well. So long as every SFM deck runs Jitte and batterskull why not run 2 tuktuk? In decks that run equipment those equipment cards are usually the only relevant threats to us, so why not just shut them off with Tuktuk?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    @ScatmanX: I tried out 2 Chrome Mox in a mono red build last night. I must say, I was pretty impressed. It gave a nice speed boost which might be just what we need these days. It lets you do some silly things like Waste plus one drop or Tarfire T1. I just need to find a way to cram 2 Tarfire in now! The build I played last night ran 7 lords, which is pretty much the shit. But they make the rest of the list pretty tight.

I also ran 2 Tuktuk maindeck. They were boss as well. So long as every SFM deck runs Jitte and batterskull why not run 2 tuktuk? In decks that run equipment those equipment cards are usually the only relevant threats to us, so why not just shut them off with Tuktuk?
    Pretty much the conclusion I get on the 1st part. Also, T1 WMM, or T2 Warchief can speed the deck a LOT.

@2 Tuktuk: Don't know if we really need 2 MD. If TNN is not around, Batter is just not that scary. If it is, and they reach 5 mana, then we really are screwed. Still, think that running 2 Tuktuk MD will decrease your chances of winning against more decks than it will increase against just 1 archetype, that we're quite good against nonetheless. Try running the 2nd on the SB, and tell me if I'm wrong or not later.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Hello,

Yesterday I was able to play a small legacy tournament, and went 2-2,
    My list was

4 port
    4 waste
    4 cavern
    10 Mountain

4 aether vial

4 lackey
    4 MWM
    4 Pile
    3 Warchief
    2 Chieftain
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    1 krenko
    1 tuktuk

2 tarfire
    4 gempalm
    1 stingscouger

SB
    1 tuk tuk
    1 Boar
    2 Needle
    3 Pyro
    4 Relic
    4 CotV

Well, lets talk about the games.

R1, D&T
    G1, I won the roll, go mountain lackey, he dont cast a drop1, lackey connects => ringleader => removal, gg.
    SB: out 4 lackey, in 3 pyro + tuktuk. on draw.
    G2, He starts and was able to wast + port me, after that, jitte comes and I have never found more lands to use my tuk tuk in hand.. (rage).
    SB: Out 4 vials, in 4 lackeys, on play.
    G3, I start again, he has sword to my lackey, but I am able to develop a better board position and kill all his creatures, so he cant equip, and I win.
    1-0
    R2, True Merfolk.
    G1, I dont remeber very well, but after a mulligan i kept a slow hand, well, I know he was merfolk and I had removal so I kept. He also starts slows, making lords and a true, I kept killing the lords while trying to not die to true, after that, I just overload the table with haste goblins + piledriver = win.
    G2, Out 2 lackey, 1 tuk tuk. In 3 pyro. I really think that, if you kill the lords, True is too slow and we can win.
    G2, I mull into decent 6 + removal, he goes vial, I lackey, he goes dismember, I try to win some time with MWM, he founds true + non-lords merfolk, and start to kill me, I chump the best I can, found removal, kill thel lords he play, and again, overload the table + piledriver. Ok, I love this guy =].
    After the game I said to him that he should play jitte for True, he shows me 2 jitte that never saw the day light.. ouch.. and I took tuktuk out.

I was pretty confident right here at 2-0, but them my nightmare begans!

R3, D&T.
    G1, He starts. He goes very strong, with mother turn 1, that meets tarfire, turn 2 port, turn 3 gaga + SoFI, turn 4 creature equips, creature, creature..gg. Its really hard to win from D&T when they find they equippment and a lot of creatures. I had tuk tuk in hand, but couldnt cast it, because he waste + port a lot.
    Out 4 vial, in 3 pyro + tuktuk.
    G2, I go lackey, that drops a ringleader, after that we trade some creatures with removals, but we end with him play gaga for jitte, and I at 3 mana again... The wastelands and ports kept me off tuk tuk again, and I lose with 2 tuk tuk in my hand for just a crusader with SoFI and Jitte..

R4, Esper Blade.
    G1, I believe he goes for delver, I go for lackey, he drop a land and pass, I tarfire his delver he swords my lackey. I pass, he founds gaga for jitte, I try to kill his creatures he found more and I didnt find more removal, I lost to gaga + jitte a lot of turns later, chump blocking a lot, but never enough.
    Out, 4 Vial, in 3 pyro + tuk tuk.
    G2, It was already 2 a.m., and I didnt remember much, all I know is that he starts bad, swords in a lackey, drops 2 delvers and a grim lavamancer, I kill both delvers, and kept playing goblins after goblins, he try to kill some, but he finds a SoFI, i destroy it with tuktuk, he them top decks his batter, I chump trying to find something usufull, found krenko, but before I can cast it he just found his jitte and I give up..

I belive I made some mistakes, playing after midnight is really tiring, what I found was this:
    Pyro is good/decent most of the time. Tuk tuk MD is really a must! In 4 rows I found 4 jitte!
    Against equippment decks, if you can kill their creatures, most of the time we can win in the long of the run.
    TNN is really not that scary, it made merfolk match a bit more problematic, but not impossible, he is too slow, if you destroy equippment or kill the lords, you have a lot of time to just out race them.
    I really hate Jitte, all games I lost was because of this card. The problem is that: If you cant destroy jitte or dont have removal, you lost. You can try to survive, but in the long of the run, it will have a lot of counters and every swing is at least one goblin dead.
    I thought in skirk prospector in the tournament, but every time I imagine him at the table I just found that he would grab me more time or just be sworded, but not enought time to solve the problem.
    I found that 22 lands can be not enough. If they do not play 4 wastes, + 4 ports, that is not that much of a problem, but at least in 4 games I lost because I had no mana to cast my creatures, or was mana screwed by my opponent, just in one game I really didnt draw more lands.

Am I playing wrong against Jitte? Do you guys have any advice?
    Sorry about the writting, I am a bit lazy to search for mistakes.
    Cya.

Aug 2012
    Japan

Much obliged for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by woodjt5
    I'll try to respond to your questions:
    1. I don't think that revealing the black splash in game 1 is that big of a deal. I can't imagine very many Legacy players sideboarding or playing much differently in games 2 and 3 because they see the black.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX
    1 - Don't worry about revealing B. The games don't play out that differently. One of the most relevant things I can think of is people not overextending into Perish, but since you have lots of Lackeys, they have to have lots of dudes to attack and block, or lots of removal, so no biggy there.
    Okay, I'll try not to overthink this. I just remember Gobolord mentioning it a long time ago.

2. I don't remember who did it or when, but the numbers have been crunched. If you aren't splashing, your ringleaders will be better with fewer shuffle effects. For example, I run no fetches in mono-red for this reason. You don't want to shuffle the chaff back in.
    2 - Fetch when it's safe. Fetch before Ringleaders. Try not to fetch after them. The % of cards you win is extremely small, and is not worth being less/more susceptible to Waste/Stifle then what your color requirements demand. Construct a manabase that makes you feel safe, and play according to it.
    I'll try -2 Fetch, +1 Badlands, +1 Auntie's Hovel and see where that leaves me. On a related note, I goldfished about 20 hands of your build from Brazilian Natz, ScatmanX, and had the most consistent Ringleaders I've ever seen. Could have just been a hot streak, but it really got me thinking about the effects of shuffles and the goblin-to-nongoblin ratio. If anyone has a link to that analysis woodjt5 mentioned, please let me know.

3. I play 2 finishers in a more traditional version. I use 2 Krenko. However, with more lackey effects, you probably want this number to be higher. Maybe 2 Krenko, 1 Siege Gang, 1 Kiki-jiki. When I played a WInstigator list, Krenko wasn't printed yet. I think I played 2 Siege Gang and 1 Kiki-jiki.
    3 - 2-3 'finishers' would be my pick, like traditional lists. The deal is that Instigator connecting is WAY more powerfull than Lackey, so even if you have just a Matron or Ringleader in hand, you'll pretty likely be winning the game. I usually like a Kiki-Jiki in the Gator build. Droping Matron>Kiki, then Kiki, and you get to search for whatever you want next turn is great. Also, Gator dropping Piledriver/Chieftain + Kiki is a 2 swing kill.
    Another thing is that with 4 Chieftains there is a good chance of having more than 1 out, making almost all your other goblins into 'finishers
    I was concerned at even running SGC since I didn't want 5cc goblins (don't want to tick Vial to 5), but the game ending potential of Kiki is undeniable. I'll try one each of Krenko, SGC, and Kiki.

Thanks again, and congratulations ScatmanX on the big top 8!
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours."

My 1994+ Magic Cube

Thread Information