Page 337 of 509 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Dec 2013
    Oakland, CA

Re: [Deck] Goblins

I've had the core of this deck for a long time, but I finally manged to trade for 4x Wasteland and 4x Rishadan Port. This is the list I took to a local Legacy tourney last weekend. I dropped the Kiki-Jiki and Siege Gang in favor of a 2nd Krenko, as I never wanted to be tempted to tick my Vials up to 5, and I replaced a few non-goblin things in the sideboard (Pyrokinesis, Pyroblast) in favor of creature control that can be flipped via Ringleader (Sharpshooter and Lightning Crafter).

//MANA [22]
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern Of Souls
    10 Mountain

//CORE [23]:
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader

//Others [15]:
    3 Mogg War Marshall
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    2 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Skirk Prospector

//Sideboard [15]
    4 Relic Of Progenitus
    3 Chalice Of The Void
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Lighting Crafter
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter

Round 1 vs Storm (0-2)

Game 1 I have a slower start and he wins on turn 4.

-3 gempalm -1 tuktuk -1 stingscourger -1 sharpshooter -1 prospector
    +3 chalice +4 relic

Game 2 I keep 1x Chalice 2x Waste. He has therapy for my chalice, luckily I topdeck a 2nd one and set it to 1. Then I waste both of his lands. We draw go for a bit while I get mana to play my only goblin at the time (ringleader). I draw into a few more guys, but on the turn before I can swing for the win he goes off with 3 Cabal Rituals's and I lose.

Round 2 vs D&T (1-2)

Game 1 I probably make a pretty bad play and swing my lackey into his untapped vial at 2. I thought for some reason I needed to be aggressive and hope he didnt have something to win, but looking back on it now, it was probably a huge punt. After this he just has more/faster guys than me w/ Jitte, etc.

-1 stingscourger -3 piledriver
    +2 tuktuk +1 crafter +1 sharpshooter

Game 2 I manage to get a vial going (he uses that 2/1 pithing needle guy on it, but I have gempalm) and start overwealming him. Near the end he threatens to get a jitte going, but matron into lightning crafter w/ a hastelord on the table prompts him to scoop.

Game 3 I think I mulled into a mediocre 6 card sans vial and I'm unable to keep mom and a doublestriking guy from getting too many counters on jitte.

Round 3 vs some random red homebrew (2-0)

Now that I was in the bean bracket, I was faced with a guy piloting a non tested deck. It had maindeck chalice, trinisphere, and blood moon, none of which I really cared about that much. The rest was double sided red werewolf guys that were way too slow for goblins. There isn't much to say because he scooped pretty quickly both games.

Round 4 vs Pox (0-2)

Even though it didn't matter because we weren't in contention for top 8, this was a pretty frustrating experience. I had practiced against this player in quite a few games the day before and won almost all of them. But for some reason I ran out of steam against Lilliana game 1 and then game 2 lost to double engineered plague. Ugh.

A frustrating day, to be sure, but I've learned a few things. First of all, against decks like D&T, I need to remember to assume a more controlling role. Secondly, considering the meta here is pretty heavy on midrange equipment decks, I should think about giving up the 2nd Krenko and Sharpshooter/Prospector for a set of Tarfires. Maybe working a single Lightning Craft into the main would be possible as well, as keeping equipment off of x/2's seems more important (and likely) than getting to abuse Sharpshooter and Crafter gives me a second shot at my matron or ringleader if/when he hits the bin.

I do have fetches and Bandlands, so a black splash for Warren Weirdeing and/or Earwig Squad's is also doable. I really like the idea of having as much of my sideboard as possible be goblins so not to dilute my ringleader percentages, as I really think that is key to the deck. Is there a reason why Weirding is better than Stingscourger? I'll admit, the times when I've used Scourger is very low, although I have yet to encounter a Sneak And Show deck. Gobbolord's Winstigator list looks pretty nice, I might try to head that direction. Thanks for reading, let me know if you have any thoughts.

Will work for playset of Wastelands
    Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Hello,

I think you play too little removals in your deck. Usual number nowadays is like 6, because we need to respond to early DRS/Mother/SFM etc...

I'd suggest you to add 3 Tarfires to your 3 Gempalms. They are really awesome, also can clear the way for Lackey. To get a space for them, maybe remove Stingscourger? I played Sting for a long time, until I recently realised that except against S&T there are always cards I'd rather play than Sting. He now seems more like a 1-of sideboard card to me. And there is not many S&T decks in my meta, ofc this depends on your playing environment.

For the other two slots (to have 6 removals, ergo 3 Tarfires) I'd remove 1 MWM and 1 Chieftain from your list.

Give Tarfire a chance, maybe test it online and decide if it's any improvement for you or not.

P.S. Talking about splash, I am a big fan of white splash. Rest in Peace is insane card nowadays and Wear//Tear is also brilliant. Black offers interesting cards like Perish, but since we lose to equipment and grave-exploiting decks, white seems more appropriate to me.

I played quite a bit of goblins this last 3 weeks, playing in 2 SCGs Legacy opens, the SCG Invitational, and a monthly Legacy 1k at Channel Fireball. I figured you guys would appreciate a brief recap of how things went.

1k at Channel Fireball.
    List of the event:

1 Drops
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 AEther Vial
    2 Lightning Bolt

2 Drops
    1 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Mogg War Marshal
    3 Warren Instigator
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3 Gempalm Incinerator

3 Drops
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Blood Moon

4 Drops
    2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    4 Goblin Ringleader

5 Drops
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

Land
    5 Mountain
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    2 Rishadan Port
    2 Plateau
    1 Arid Mesa
    4 Scalding Tarn

Side Board
    SB: 2 Pyrokinesis
    SB: 1 Sudden Demise
    SB: 1 Pyroblast
    SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 1 Blood Moon
    SB: 1 Raging River
    SB: 2 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Goblin Settler
    SB: 1 Anarchy
    SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist

This was a very similar list I posted a few weeks ago. The field is usually around 40 people and pretty soft, so felt I could experiment a little here.

Rd1 W
    12 Post (2-1)
    Game one was a tad rough, and lost with a slower vial oriented opening. With the knowledge of what I was playing, Settler and Blood moon were beatings and was able to win the next two relatively easily.

Rd2 W
    Goblins (2-0)
    Drew a fair share of Gempalms, and went for value ringleaders since I wasn't running sharpshooter nor Krenko.

Rd3 W
    UW Miracles (1-0)
    He came in with a game loss and I knew what he was playing going in. Was a pretty easy and quick win.

Rd4 L
    UW Miracles (0-2)
    A good match up that was a tad unlucky. Ran into 2 Termunus and then a miracle entreat on turn 5-6 both games.

Rd5 W
    Goblins (2-0)
    A local player who always plays goblins, but is pretty bad. Doesn't really understand how to use wastelands or what to fetch with Matrons.

Rd 6 Draw

Top 8
    Burn (1-2) L
    With no Zuran Orb, a shakier landbase, and multiple fetches I know I am not favored on the draw. I get very lucky to win game 2, but should have won games 1 and 3. Just how it goes sometimes, and finished with a disappointing top 8.

Blood moon in the main was pretty bad, and the sideboard needed work. I liked the idea of Sudden demise and Raging River, but they were way to narrow. Pyrokinesis was just so much better. I would have to come up with something else for the River, and I did for the next event.

Next up was the Legacy SCG Oakland
    1k at Channel Fireball.
    List of the event:

1 Drops
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 AEther Vial
    2 Lightning Bolt

2 Drops
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Mogg War Marshal
    3 Warren Instigator
    3 Gempalm Incinerator

3 Drops
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Chieftain

4 Drops
    2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Goblin Settler

5 Drops
    1 Siege-Gang Commander

Land
    4 Mountain
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    2 Rishadan Port
    2 Plateau
    1 Badlands
    1 Arid Mesa
    4 Scalding Tarn

Side Board
    SB: 1 REB
    SB: 2 Blood Moon
    SB: 2 Massacre

I went 5-3 with my last loss playing for what I thought was top 16. It ended up being 17 or 18th, but cashed at like 40th anyways. I don't remember all of my wins, but my loses were to Dark Maverick, Charbelcher, and a very close round 8 lose to Sneak N' Show.

I wasn't thrilled with my Massacre SB plan, and ended up switching for the LV events. I ended up 2-0ing the TNN Legacy decks without drawing it anyways. This was my final list, and I am still happy with it afterwards:

1 Drops
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 AEther Vial
    2 Lightning Bolt

2 Drops
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Mogg War Marshal
    3 Warren Instigator
    3 Gempalm Incinerator

3 Drops
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Chieftain

4 Drops
    2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Goblin Settler

5 Drops

6 Drops
    Pyrokinesis

Land
    5 Mountain
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    2 Rishadan Port
    2 Plateau
    1 Arid Mesa
    4 Scalding Tarn

Side Board
    SB: 1 REB
    SB: 2 Blood Moon
    SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
    SB: 1 Anarchy

Invitational
    Rd5
    UWR Owen Delver (2-0) W
    Two main deck tuktuk scrappers dominated this matchup.

Rd6
    UWR Owen Delver (1-2) L
    I am able to battle both Batterskull and Jitte in so many matchups, but a TNN are a low life total usually puts me away, and does so again.

Rd7
    Enchantress (2-1) W
    This match up was awesome. Game 1 I had no idea what he was playing, but a turn two Thalia was able to help win with a slow start. Game two, he was able to race a turn 4 a settler lock with Thalia backup. He was able to cast one spell aturn to draw 3 cards, and after I bottomed anarchy off a ringleader I knew I couldn't really win. Game 3, I had thalia with a setter lock once again. I ended up casting Anarchy, which is pretty much always GG against enchantress.

Rd8
    TNN Bant (1-1-1) D
    This was a hard match up, lots of equipment, with multiple Jittes and TNN. Kiki was able to provide so much card advantage that I was able to race multiple TNN and a host of equipment. Game 3 drew after he replayed another Jitte after the first one got scrapped, and I was looking for answers. We both finished 3-4-1. Not good enough for day 2.

I ran the list back for the Legacy two days later.

Rd1
    Storm (2-1) W
    Thalia, Port, and Setter. A good team.

Rd2
    Storm (2-1) W
    I win game 1 on the draw on a mull to 4. Thalia, Settler and Port , with Pyroblast and mindbreak trap backup cleanup the easiest win I have all tournament game 3.

Rd3
    Miracles(2-0) W
    A very good player known for his play on SCG with Miracles. I kept a very slow hand with too much land, perfect for this matchup. And in game 2, I was able to create the settle lock, Kiki + Settler and created a scoop.

Rd4
    Elves (1-2) L
    Game 1 is very difficult to win. One of your worse match ups. You just cant interact fast enough. Game 2 canonist provided a beating, and Game 3, a timely prokineiss cleared up his board and nearly emptied his hand. Scavenging Ooze was able to hold the board, and the turn before I killed him, he drew Natural Order to win. Ugh.

Rd5
    Esper TNN (2-0)W
    Game 2 I was facing down Jitte, Batterskull, and Academy Ruins. I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to win, but knew scrapping his equipment was a start. I guess he forgot to use his Ruins until it was too late, and I barely won after a wrath and some TNN.

Rd6
    RUG + TNN (0-2) L
    Drew very poorly and found myself facing a turn 3 TNN.

Rd 7
    Omnitell (2-1) W
    Lose game one, but Thalia and Settler let me win game 2 and 3.

Rd 8
    RUG (0-2) L
    I feel like this is a solid matchup, but couldn't get anything going. No land game 1, too much game 2. Nothing too unusual.

Rd 9
    UW TNN Control (1-2) L
    Facing down both Jitte and a Batterskull, was able to scrap his Jitte, and almost raced his Skull. These games are just such a grind, and game 3 a turn 4 humility basically ended the game for me. I boarded in Anarchy and took it out g3 after not seeing enough white. Ops.

Pretty disappointing overall, but I am very happy with the list. Lost last round playing for a min-cash. Won alot of very bad matchups and lost some easier ones.
    MVPS: Settler. Geeeeez, I knew this card was the real deal, but wow it over preformed. I Kiki-settler locked multiple games up, and it was the best card not named Thalia or Lackey in my storm matchups.
    LVPS: Blood Moon, Ensnaring Bridge. Moon was dazed both times it would of been game ending, and Bridge only came in one matchup all weekend. Although it did instantly win me the game, not exactly the card I was to devote 2 slots to.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljets View Post
    Round 3 vs some random red homebrew (2-0)

Now that I was in the bean bracket, I was faced with a guy piloting a non tested deck. It had maindeck chalice, trinisphere, and blood moon, none of which I really cared about that much. The rest was double sided red werewolf guys that were way too slow for goblins. There isn't much to say because he scooped pretty quickly both games.
    -.-

If you dont know the deck dont say that. I have this deck and is pretty sad someone saying it is a "random red homebrew".
    It is called Werewolf Stompy, or, All in Red. Its is based on Dragon Stompy, basically, its a deck oriented to win against heavy combo fields and decks with 3 or more colors, using hate MD, Chalice, Trinisphere and also Blood moon, with a lot of ramp (ancient tomb e city of traitors) that gives the deck a good start, usually, followed by a good beater.
    Is sad to say, but the deck is really not finding any good results, against goblins it has a really bad match up, cavern and vial cancels the trinisphres e chalices, Blood Moon is useless.. so yes, he cant beat you, usually.
    But is a fun deck =]
    I love red decks, and try to play all that I can =]

Btw, sorry to hear about your report, sometimes goblins just dont work, i really dont know..
    Oh, another thing, have you guys the feeling that blade decks are an issue nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by max_goblin View Post
    -.-

If you dont know the deck dont say that. I have this deck and is pretty sad someone saying it is a "random red homebrew".
    It is called Werewolf Stompy, or, All in Red. Its is based on Dragon Stompy, basically, its a deck oriented to win against heavy combo fields and decks with 3 or more colors, using hate MD, Chalice, Trinisphere and also Blood moon, with a lot of ramp (ancient tomb e city of traitors) that gives the deck a good start, usually, followed by a good beater.
    Is sad to say, but the deck is really not finding any good results, against goblins it has a really bad match up, cavern and vial cancels the trinisphres e chalices, Blood Moon is useless.. so yes, he cant beat you, usually.
    But is a fun deck =]
    I love red decks, and try to play all that I can =]

Btw, sorry to hear about your report, sometimes goblins just dont work, i really dont know..
    Oh, another thing, have you guys the feeling that blade decks are an issue nowadays?
    jup dragon stompy is asome!!!!!
    i have played for 2 years and i luv it t 1 bloodmoon is normaly scoop vs esperstoneblade/jund/junk/ all 3 collor decks its killing

past sunday i have played a smal tourny, 3-3-1
    macth 1 vs 12post
    g1 on the play lacky into warchief into double piledriver backed up with a ringelader gg
    port and thalia (g2) dit the trick.
    1-0-0

match 2 vs tezzerator
    2 verry long games witch resulted i a draw krenko did the trick

1-0-1

match 3 u-r young pyromancer
    game 1
    lacky conected -into chieftain
    next i drew a second tarfire used them both on 2 flipped delvers gg!
    game 2 he was just to fast bolted down and beated down
    game 3 god like openings hand turn 4 gg !

2-0-1

game 4 shardless bug (blegh)
    this was my badest 2 games hey ansewerd all my treads it was a hummiliation
    2 losses
    how do we play against this???????
    2-1-1

game 5 D&T
    i love this matchup its always a close call noting specials happend but i did loose game 3 with a difference of 1 life
    it was a great match.

2/2/1

game 6
    vs vial knights with stoneforge an mom
    2 verry dissapointing games lost all my gobbo,s due first strike hey maked twice the kille with hero of the bladehold

2/3/1

game 7 vs burn
    nothing special to say sward the board with gobbo,s gg

3/3/1

my deck:
    http://www.nedermagic.nl/deck_item.asp?deckid=123173

next i want to try the winstigator list with 3 x mox i have seen a lot of control blue based decks so i think i can use extra speed (mox an winstigator) and i will bring my tarfire count to 4 because it was a game changer for me in alomst every game
    ill keep the white splash
    take out the skirk/tuktuk/sharpshooter, tarfire deals with stuff ;) just keep them from equiping a jitte!

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Hi everyone! I went 3-1 today, resulting in third place (11 people playing)

R1 Maverick (2-0)
    G1 I have lackey, he has GSZ for Dryad Arbor. I have wasteland and he is stuck on one land with lackey connecting.
    G2 I keep a slow hand because I have a lot of cards that are good against him in the long game, Sharpshooter, Krenko, Ringleader, Chieftain. He gets a mom online but no real clock, I'm able to take it out with sharpshooter + gempalm.

R2 BUG control (1-2)
    I win G1, then keep a sketchy hand G2, and lose G3 with a decent hand.

R3 ANT (2-1)
    G1 He goes off quickly.
    G2 He mulligans and I play a Cabal Therapy while going Vial > MWM > Warchief. I have a Chalice of the Void in hand but choose not to show it to him as he had only two cards. He manages to Tendrils for 10, going up to 16, but I draw and Vial in Boartusk Liege and swing for 8.
    G3 Chalice wins the game. The thing is, my opponent showed me how he could have beat it if had played around it earlier by playing his lotus petal t1. Not giving my opponent the information payed off here. :)

R3 TES

G1 He combos t2. (2-1)
    G2 I mulligan to five. A chalice on 0 makes him unable to do much as he's stuck on one land and has to discard eot for several turns.
    G3 I keep a hand with Chalice, though a bit of a slow one. Then I draw the second Chalice and it's game. :)

Thoughts on the deck:
    Chalice shined, and I like playing four, as you want them early and don't mind having several copies versus most deck you bring it in against.
    Boartusk Liege was good, as another card that impacts the board. I could see it beeing good if people are packing Plagues to fight TNN. On that note I think people playing answers to TNN in the form of Zealous Persecution and Golgari Charm makes Chieftain a better choice (I play the three-two split with warchief). I think the WW is nice to have versus TNN, though otherwise, Tarfire is usually better. I like the split for now. The same holds true for Krenko and SGC. Also, I would like to try a second Scrapper in the sideboard sometime. I would like one more red source in the deck, although that would mean cutting a port or going to 24 lands. It's not a huge problem though, just something to think about.
    Last edited by Sandro95; 06-17-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    Hi everyone! I went 3-1 today, resulting in third place (11 people playing)

R1 Maverick (2-0)
    G1 I have lackey, he has GSZ for Dryad Arbor. I have wasteland and he is stuck on one land with lackey connecting.
    G2 I keep a slow hand because I have a lot of cards that are good against him in the long game, Sharpshooter, Krenko, Ringleader, Chieftain. He gets a mom online but no real clock, I'm able to take it out with sharpshooter + gempalm.

R2 BUG control (1-2)
    I win G1, then keep a sketchy hand G2, and lose G3 with a decent hand.

R3 ANT (2-1)
    G1 He goes off quickly.
    G2 He mulligans and I play a Cabal Therapy while going Vial > MWM > Warchief. I have a Chalice of the Void in hand but choose not to show it to him as he had only two cards. He manages to Tendrils for 10, going up to 16, but I draw and Vial in Boartusk Liege and swing for 8.
    G3 Chalice wins the game. The thing is, my opponent showed me how he could have beat it if had played around it earlier by playing his lotus petal t1. Not giving my opponent the information payed off here. :)

R3 TES

G1 He combos off t2. (2-1)
    G2 I mulligan to five. A chalice on 0 makes him unable to do much as he's stuck on one land and has to discard eot for several turns.
    G3 I keep a hand with Chalice, though a bit of a slow one. Then I draw the second Chalice and it's game. :)

Thoughts on the deck:
    Chalice shined, and I like playing four, as you want them early and don't mind having several copies versus most deck you bring it in against.
    Boartusk Liege was good, as another card that impacts the board. I could see it beeing good if people are packing Plagues to fight TNN. On that note I think people playing answers to TNN in the form of Zealous Persecution and Golgari Charm makes Chieftain a better choice (I play the three-two split with warchief). I think the WW is nice to have versus TNN, though otherwise, Tarfire is usually better. I like the split for now. The same holds true for Krenko and SGC. Also, I would like to try a second Scrapper in the sideboard sometime. I would like one more red source in the deck, although that would mean cutting a port or going to 24 lands. It's not a huge problem though, just something to think about.
    hello, thanks for the report :-) would you mind posting your decklist here?

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    hello, thanks for the report :-) would you mind posting your decklist here?
    Sure! Here's the list I played.

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Goblin Piledriver
    2 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Siege-Gang Commander

1 Tarfire
    1 Warren Weirding
    4 Gempalm Incinerator

2 Badlands
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Arid Mesa
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Wooded Foothills
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port

Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Pyrokinesis
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 Perish
    1 Shattering Spree
    1 Boartusk Liege
    1 Red Elemental Blast

I like the maindeck, the sideboard is still a work in progress though. The one REB seems a bit random, A second Scrapper may very well be better than the Shattering Spree, and I would like to have some graveyard hate. :)

Dec 2013
    Harelbeke,Belgium

Do you guys think duals and fetches are a real auto include? I don't have that much cash to dish out on lands, so maybe graven cairns, blood crypt are more affordable alternatives?
    Starting: Goblins

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
    Do you guys think duals and fetches are a real auto include? I don't have that much cash to dish out on lands, so maybe graven cairns, blood crypt are more affordable alternatives?
    If you can't afford duals and fetches, there are other options. You could play mono red. Otherwise I would recommend playing Auntie's Hovel, then maybe 1 Blood Crypt and whatever red fetches you can get your hands on. :)

Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Bloodstained Mire are the budget fetches for us right now, since zendikar fetches went through the roof with modern.

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

Mono red issnt bad;)
    Though i recommend port/wastland.

Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

I like the maindeck, the sideboard is still a work in progress though. The one REB seems a bit random, A second Scrapper may very well be better than the Shattering Spree, and I would like to have some graveyard hate. :)
    Well, since you're running the black splash, I'd try Leyline of the Void or Relic of Progenitus. Rest in Peace is the best grave hate available right now imo, but that would require different splash for you. Since I'm playing the W splash, Wear // Tear is obvious artifact removal for me, for your black splash I'd try adding to the count of Scrappers as you suggested.

About Shattering Spree - I experimented with 3 Wear // Tear and 1 Shattering Spree, because my meta involves affinity and MUD - and there's nothing as sweet as shattering half of their board just the turn before they wanted to make the lethal attack. It's also kind of difficult to counter thanks to the replicate :)

Btw, why the Snow-Covered Mountains? I've noticed many time people play them even when there are no cards in their deck to use the snow-covered feature. Is it just pimp or is there something more sophisticated behind? Like confusing an opponent that there might be coming some super snow-powered dude?
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    Well, since you're running the black splash, I'd try Leyline of the Void or Relic of Progenitus. Rest in Peace is the best grave hate available right now imo, but that would require different splash for you. Since I'm playing the W splash, Wear // Tear is obvious artifact removal for me, for your black splash I'd try adding to the count of Scrappers as you suggested.

About Shattering Spree - I experimented with 3 Wear // Tear and 1 Shattering Spree, because my meta involves affinity and MUD - and there's nothing as sweet as shattering half of their board just the turn before they wanted to make the lethal attack. It's also kind of difficult to counter thanks to the replicate :)

Btw, why the Snow-Covered Mountains? I've noticed many time people play them even when there are no cards in their deck to use the snow-covered feature. Is it just pimp or is there something more sophisticated behind? Like confusing an opponent that there might be coming some super snow-powered dude?
    For me the Snow-Covered Mountains are just for pimp. I used to play leylines, and I like them. I might go back to them, although then I should propably play four. Relic, Grafdigger's Cage and Surgical/Extirpate are possible candidates also. Thanks for your advice! i find it very informative, and I'll try to implement some changes once I am at home and have my deck with me. :)

Dec 2013
    Harelbeke,Belgium

If you can't afford duals and fetches, there are other options. You could play mono red. Otherwise I would recommend playing Auntie's Hovel, then maybe 1 Blood Crypt and whatever red fetches you can get your hands on. :)
    Well, I have wastes and ports ( from before I got married ), so those are automatically included. For the rest I have 2 graven cairns, 1 autie's hovel, 2-3 crypts and 1 bloodstained mire.

Would sulfurous springs do any good?

Vulvaapje!
    Jun 2007
    The Netherlands

If money is an issue I would go for mono red and try to trade those BR lands for 4 cavern of Souls.
    Quit playing Legacy but could still play Goblins (Rgw, Rg, Rw, Rb)

ジェームス・ブラウン

I'm staring in the mirror looking at my biggest rival.

Dec 2013
    Harelbeke,Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Nelis View Post
    If money is an issue I would go for mono red and try to trade those BR lands for 4 cavern of Souls.
    Already have 1 cavern trough trading on NM ( since you're from NL ;) ), so those are slowly but surely coming in.

So the general consensus is that straight up duals are not a must have, but it's just a little harder without them?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

So the general consensus is that straight up duals are not a must have, but it's just a little harder without them?
    Nop. As you can see on the Tournament Report session on the OP, many of us have the possibility to splash, but decide often times (even in my Nationals last month) to run monored, because it is, sometimes, the best option.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

I'm thinking of cutting 2 Caverns and running 2 more basic Mountains instead.

What are your thoughts on the necessity of Caverns?

Oct 2013
    New York

I would never go below three unless the meta changes. Cavern negates Daze and FoW from thresh and other decks, so there is virtual card advantage there because the counters are dead cards. Also, Cavern allows you to play Lackey with a Chalice on one.

Thread Information