Page 338 of 509 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    I'm thinking of cutting 2 Caverns and running 2 more basic Mountains instead.

What are your thoughts on the necessity of Caverns?
    I wasn't running them befora that ridiculous Top8 at SCG INVI with 4-5 SnT decks. Right now I'm with Blakroc.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Siege-Gang Commander
    Feb 2008
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Blakroc View Post
    I would never go below three unless the meta changes. Cavern negates Daze and FoW from thresh and other decks, so there is virtual card advantage there because the counters are dead cards. Also, Cavern allows you to play Lackey with a Chalice on one.
    Getting your early game lackey/warchief countered by a fow = card advantage. Getting dazed is tempo advantage. Decks running counters were never a problem for Goblins. The strength of CoS is pushing through mid game card advantage and silver bullets.

You should also weight the disadvantages of CoS.. like getting it Wasted or PoP-ed.

I personally dislike running four CoS except vs combo decks with counters.

Will work for playset of Wastelands
    Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Occasional Daze and Fow won't stop us. I play 4x CoS because of Chalice and CounterTop. Hell ain't it sweet to set Chalice @1, disable enemy and still play your lackeys, vials, tarfires, prospectors... ;-)

Also it's an autowin against countertop decks.

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

Vulvaapje!
    Jun 2007
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    Occasional Daze and Fow won't stop us. I play 4x CoS because of Chalice and CounterTop. Hell ain't it sweet to set Chalice @1, disable enemy and still play your lackeys, vials, tarfires, prospectors... ;-)

Also it's an autowin against countertop decks.

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk
    You can't play Tarfire with Caverns, it says creature spells.
    Quit playing Legacy but could still play Goblins (Rgw, Rg, Rw, Rb)

ジェームス・ブラウン

I'm staring in the mirror looking at my biggest rival.

Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Nelis View Post
    You can't play Tarfire with Caverns, it says creature spells.
    Yeah sorry, didn't realise it at this moment :-) just meant goblin 1 drops.
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

What was the overall consensus on sparksmith? I'll be playing at my local store tomorrow and I'd like to test one in place of the fourth gempalm.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

GPT Paris second place 21 december 2013
    1t 2-1 uwr delver
    2t 2-0 RUG
    3t 2-0 reanimator
    4t 1-2 grixis pyromant
    5t ID
    1/8 2-1 UWR delver
    1/4 S&T 2-0
    final 1-2 UWR delver

list
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    2 Tin Street Hooligan
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Scalding Tarn
    1 Arid Mesa
    1 Taiga
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    1 Plateau
    3 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Wooded Foothills

SB: 2 Confusion in the Ranks
    SB: 2 Chalice of the Void
    SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
    SB: 2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 2 WearTear
    SB: 3 Pyrokinesis

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    GPT Paris second place 21 december 2013
    1t 2-1 uwr delver
    2t 2-0 RUG
    3t 2-0 reanimator
    4t 1-2 grixis pyromant
    5t ID
    1/8 2-1 UWR delver
    1/4 S&T 2-0
    final 1-2 UWR delver

list
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    2 Tin Street Hooligan
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Scalding Tarn
    1 Arid Mesa
    1 Taiga
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    1 Plateau
    3 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Wooded Foothills

SB: 2 Confusion in the Ranks
    SB: 2 Chalice of the Void
    SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
    SB: 2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 2 WearTear
    SB: 3 Pyrokinesis
    Congrats! I love your list. 2 TSH looks great. Really well done.

What happened in the finals?

Also interested in hearing about the reanimator match. Was Relic and a Stingscourger enough to get there?
    "If magic is your crutch, cast it aside and learn to walk without it." —Teferi

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

In last game in the final I mull to 2 cards(

In match vs reanim in first he got gamelose, then mull to 5 then I won in 4th turn

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Also interested in hearing about the reanimator match. Was Relic and a Stingscourger enough to get there?
    not enought. in this match i sb:
    +2 thalia +2 confusion in the ranks +3 relic +2 wear\tear(needle, animate dead)
    -4 ringleader -2 mwm -1 shooter -2 vial

Oct 2012
    Italy

I finally managed to order a Goblin Settler in Italy ! I was looking for it from months but no one in my stupid nation seemed to have it ... next legacy i will play him!
    (just wanted to share my happiness)

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    I finally managed to order a Goblin Settler in Italy ! I was looking for it from months but no one in my stupid nation seemed to have it ... next legacy i will play him!
    (just wanted to share my happiness)
    Congrats! I remember my quest for my first Goblin Settler. At the time I couldn't find one online anywhere. Finally ran across one in a random local trade. It was so exciting!
    "If magic is your crutch, cast it aside and learn to walk without it." —Teferi

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Settler rocks, I have ever 2 of them I run in a goblin stompy deck next to Kiki-Jiki. Let us just say it's not a popular deck. Have fun with it man, it's suck a fun card.

I have a quick question if anyone has an idea. I am going to try the old Bidding deck as a Xmas joke tonight but I do not want to run Clickslither. Basically the change to Damage rules make him less appealing. So I am willing to swap him out for 3 copies of another card. What would people put in his place? I am personally tempted to run 3 by Moggcatcher. I do not want to run any cards in the deck that are post Onslaught block.

Ideas?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Apr 2010
    Germany

Settler rocks, I have ever 2 of them I run in a goblin stompy deck next to Kiki-Jiki. Let us just say it's not a popular deck. Have fun with it man, it's suck a fun card.

I have a quick question if anyone has an idea. I am going to try the old Bidding deck as a Xmas joke tonight but I do not want to run Clickslither. Basically the change to Damage rules make him less appealing. So I am willing to swap him out for 3 copies of another card. What would people put in his place? I am personally tempted to run 3 by Moggcatcher. I do not want to run any cards in the deck that are post Onslaught block.

Ideas?
    cards to abuse the "Bidding" effects would be:

Goblin pyromancer
    Skirk Prospector
    Goblin Sledder
    Goblin Sharpshooter

You could also add Burning Wishes to the deck to have more access to Bidding effects (and maybe to wish for some Warren Weirding, Perish etc.)
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Hello everybody,

I'll be going to Vienna for couple of days tomorrow and I'd like to attend a local legacy tourney while I'm there. Kick some austrian ass :-)

Therefore I'm preparing for completely unknown meta and I'd appreciate your help with constructing my sideboard. Also if any austrian legacy player is reading this, some kind of view-into-meta would help tremendously.

My current SB is:

3x Wear // Tear
    1x Shattering Spree
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Rest In Peace
    3x Pyrokinesis

What do you think about it? I've got some artifact hate (plus 1x Tuktuk Scrapper in MD), some combo/aggro-control hate like CoTV, classic grave hate against goyfs/shamans/oozes/possible dredge in form of RiP and pretty universal Pyrokinesis. What would you change?

P.S. One more question for austrian players. I play quite a lot of alters in my deck (mana cost/card name/text box visible). Could it possibly be a problem?
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Chinese fakes!

Oct 2012
    Italy

Your sideboard looks fine.
    Some possible changes would be:

-1 shattering spree +1 tuk tuk scrapper (spree is needed only against affinity/MUD, while the second scrapper is very good against blade decks.)
    -1 rest in peace +1 grafdigger's cage (faster hate against reanimator and dredge, with the bonus of being a pain for elves. This is the change i would make also because i wouldn't side in all 4 rest in peace against goyfs decks, 3 are enough for me.)

Another card to consider is ethersworn canonist, you can do a mix between her and chalices, but in the end is just personal preference.

With this configuration you have a fighting chance against everything (i assume you are maindecking thalia). The worst matchup should be show and tell, but to improve that you should include some Red elemental blasts or Ashen Rider/Confusion in the ranks. I suppose the best plan is just to dodge it.

Aug 2012
    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    ...I'd appreciate your help with constructing my sideboard. Also if any austrian legacy player is reading this, some kind of view-into-meta would help tremendously.

My current SB is:

3x Wear // Tear
    1x Shattering Spree
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Rest In Peace
    3x Pyrokinesis
    As has been suggested by other posters in the past, I prefer to split my graveyard hate as 2 RiP & 2 Relic of Progenitus since a 2nd RiP in play in just insurance against the 1st getting destroyed, but RiP + Relic gives you one more potential draw.

If you'd like to be better prepared for S&T then how about -1 gy hate, -1 artifact hate, +2 Confusion in the Ranks. 3 Artifact hate from the board on top of your maindeck Tuktuk should still be sufficient for most matchups.

Good luck!
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours."

My 1994+ Magic Cube

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Happy Holidays everyone.

I ran a joke deck last night for Xmans. The deck I decided on was Goblin Bidding. The rules I set myself was that no card in the deck could have been printed past 2004. This is the list I came up with:
    Creatures:
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Skirk Prospector
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    3 Siege-Gang Commander

Spells
    2 Patriarch's Bidding

Land
    2 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Wooded Foothills
    4 Wasteland
    10 Mountain
    1 Swamp

Sideboard
    2 Patriarch's Bidding
    3 Goblin Tinkerer
    4 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Sulfuric Vortex
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    There was only 8 players this week so it was a best of 3. Up first:

Match 1: Goblins Mirror.
    Game one:
    He mulled to five while I ran out a Lackey. He drew a Vial off his one lander and dropped it. I hit him and dropped Warchief. He did nothing with Vial on one, I hit him again and Matron looking for a Ringleader fetching out a Ringleader. I then dropped a Sharpshooter. His turn he does nothing, I attack, he Vials Stinger. I get my Sharpshooter back, Gempalm and break face.

Game two:
    I mull to six, he goes to five again. Not a whole lot I remember save for he got a double Ringleader and had me dead to rights of a Warchief. I drew a Prospector, Hard cast a Ringleader of my own, saw a Warchief and two Sharp and with the help of Prospector got all 3 onto the table. He was not amused.

Match 2: Miracles.
    Game one:
    I hate Rest in Peace. I start with an OK hand and I have Bidding, seams good. He plays out slowly and I try not to overextend. Turn one I drop lackey. I hit him turn two and I drop a Warchief. Turn three I drop a Sharpshooter. Turn 4 I drop a Ringleader and pull from it another Ringleader and a Prospector. I drop the prospector and then on my next turn I get hit with a Terminas. I sac my board to Prospector to SS him and he loses next turn.

Game two:
    I remember two Sharpshooters, him in desperation Entreating for only 2 and me having a Gempalm. It ended up being quite a fast game.

Match 3: Four colour Blade
    Game one:
    I face off against every single piece of removal I have seen in the format and discard, lucky for me just before I die I top Bidding. Issue is I have no Haste and he has an active Jitte. We trade and I end up with my board wiped again just to find the other Bidding. When it looks like I have this in the bag he drops Batterskull, sticks it to a flier, swings for life gain and then Jittes my board. (He made it though at lest 18 resurrected Goblins and still beat me. Most of them I was forced to discard.)

Game two:
    I lead of with a lackey, watch it eat removal and then drop another. He stops it with DRS so I drop a Sharpy. He is not happy about that but seams unable to do anything about it, I Gempalm on my turn, he drops removal (I knew he would have it) and then I drop Warchief. From there is was a straight shoot, I was faster than he was, he could not stop me.

Game three:
    So we find out we have 5 Min left to play, he does not want to lose so he spends his full 3 min sideboarding when he had nothing to bring in and then spends the other two min Mulling to 5. Time is called and I have two turns to kill him off the draw. Not going to happen. Sad thing is, I would have given him the game if he had of played with honour. Instead we split first.

My thoughts:
    I am going to keep running this. I expected that it would get hammered hard, but in the face of increasing Blade decks and decreasing combo locally, I really think this deck might have a good go at being strong. Its combo late game is just icing on what I think is not too bad a midgame. I need to work on the early.

I think it is time to look at Sharpshooter main again. DRS is a pain but you limit him when you have one, Confidant dies, you put Stoneforge on notice. Maybe I am reading too much into it but it seams like a good choice.

Anyway, hope you liked my little write up. Not the best but I wanted to share with you my thoughts on this. I do suggest giving Bidding a go, I think it may just be the right time for it. (If you are willing to side a metric ton of Discard for combo.)
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Siege-Gang Commander
    Feb 2008
    The Netherlands

Anyway, hope you liked my little write up. Not the best but I wanted to share with you my thoughts on this. I do suggest giving Bidding a go, I think it may just be the right time for it. (If you are willing to side a metric ton of Discard for combo.)
    Isn't Living Death a strictly better card since it's also a board sweeper?

Thread Information