Page 351 of 509 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Hi everyone, I went 2-2 in the local legacy tournament today. An interesting situation came up. Would you have kept this han on the play, versus elves?
    Mountain
    Goblin Lackey
    Gempalm Incinerator
    Chalice of the Void
    Goblin Sharpshooter
    Engineered Plague
    Perish

R1 Elves 2-1
    These games were extremely close, I won on the last round of time.

R2 Burn 2-1
    Chalice stole g2. I incorrectly boarded out Scrapper, and g3 he played Ensnaring Bridge. However, I managed to draw Chalice to survive a few extra turns and killed him with Siege-Gang Commander

R3 Elves 0-2
    G1 I mulliganed to five and was overrun. It was an okeyish keep.
    G2 I kept the hand I posted earlier. I didn't draw any land in my first two draw steps. He played NO for Progenitus. I drew a wasteland and played chalice for one. He attacked, and i didn't draw the black source for Perish. I'm still unsure if this keep was too greedy.

R4 Omnitell
    G1 I try to race him but he's faster.
    G2 I mulligan to six and he's faster once again. I was debating keeping my seven of lands + chalice + warchief + piledriver + matron. It's also possible I should have mulliganned to five.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Dropping drs + no second land... I would bail on that hand to 5 cards.

Creature - Elf Wizard
    Aug 2011
    Campinas, SP, Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Sockosensei View Post
    Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    Legendary Creature — Goblin Shaman 2/2, 2RRR (5)
    Haste

{T}: Put a token that's a copy of target nonlegendary creature you control onto the battlefield. That token has haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.

(...)
    Indeed, I stand corrected. Should have grabbed my copy of Kiki-Jiki and read it before posting...

Will work for playset of Wastelands
    Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    Hi everyone, I went 2-2 in the local legacy tournament today. An interesting situation came up. Would you have kept this han on the play, versus elves?
    Mountain
    Goblin Lackey
    Gempalm Incinerator
    Chalice of the Void
    Goblin Sharpshooter
    Engineered Plague
    Perish

R1 Elves 2-1

R2 Burn 2-1
    Chalice stole g2. I incorrectly boarded out Scrapper, and g3 he played Ensnaring Bridge. However, I managed to draw Chalice to survive a few extra turns and killed him with Siege-Gang Commander

R3 Elves 0-2
    G2 I kept the hand I posted earlier. I didn't draw any land in my first two draw steps. He played NO for Progenitus. I drew a wasteland and played chalice for one. He attacked, and i didn't draw the black source for Perish. I'm still unsure if this keep was too greedy.

R4 Omnitell
    G2 I mulligan to six and he's faster once again. I was debating keeping my seven of lands + chalice + warchief + piledriver + matron. It's also possible I should have mulliganned to five.
    I wouldn't keep it. Maybe with 2 mountains, to have at least the chalice for sure. It's sweet hand but little mana screwed. How many fetches and black sources do you play? This question is very important to answer if you want us to tell you that you should / should have not kept the hand.
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    I wouldn't keep it. Maybe with 2 mountains, to have at least the chalice for sure. It's sweet hand but little mana screwed. How many fetches and black sources do you play? This question is very important to answer if you want us to tell you that you should / should have not kept the hand.
    5 fetch, 2 badlands.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Mountain
    Goblin Lackey
    Gempalm Incinerator
    Chalice of the Void
    Goblin Sharpshooter
    Engineered Plague
    Perish

R1 Elves 2-1

R2 Burn 2-1

R3 Elves 0-2

R4 Omnitell
    Before asking these questions you could write your decklist.
    If you don't play Mox, nor Gator, I'd keep this hand. Drawing a land T2 is GG. If you only draw it T3 then you still have a very good fighting chance. If you had Mox or Instigators, I'd mull it, because you could have a chance of a super agressive start even without Lackey.

Against burn I also learned to always leave 1 artifact hate pos-sb. Don't know if is the norm though. But beign surprised by Bridge does suck.
    Against Omni, that hand feels pretty bad, but then again, don't know your decklist. Still, would probably mulligan.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Will work for playset of Wastelands
    Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Just want to share one amazing play I did few days ago at GPT Paris in Prague. Ended up 4th in the end and this is what happened to me in top 8, goblins surely still can surprise.

Playing third game agains BWG opponent with Dark Depths combo alternate wincon.

He is on play.
    T1: He starts Bayou, GSZ for Dryad Arbor. Plays DRS.
    I start with Wasteland -> Vial (my hand was something like pyrokinesis, wasteland, mountain, vial, lackey, ringleader, gempalm)
    T2: He plays another GSZ, I'm praying he puts something x/1 in play so I can pyrokinesis the hell out of him. We were playing for a long time, so like 10 players were watching us. Eventually he put into play Noble hierarch. I thanked him for playing it and told him he is not going further to top 4, he just laughed because his deck is obviously a bad matchup for goblins and he had no idea there is such a thing as Pyrokinesis.
    Well I played Pyrokinesis at the end of his turn, killing DRS, Noble Hierarch and Dryad arbor. During my turn I wastelanded his Bayou, played Lackey. He got left with completely empty table when I had lackey, vial and mountain. Everybody was laughing and he scooped immediately :-D Definitely the funniest game I had this year.

Also. My deck contained only 1 wasteland. What a luck.
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

Dec 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Short report from my last event (the same as Sandro95 actually - hi Sandro95 ).

EDITed with my list
    R1 - Omnitell (same guy as Sandro95's R4) went 1-2

First game he plays SnT > Emrakul on turn 3/4. Second game, he plays gitaxian probe on the turn he wanted to go off (with SnT + Omniscience) and sees my only card to be Confusion in the Ranks :) He goes "what?", then "judge!", then "pass", then I kill him the following turn. Third game, he comboes out too fast again.

R2 - UR Young pyromancer 2-0

Close games each time. I won both with 1 or 2 life total. First game he gets quite a few Elemental 1/1 out with his pyromancer plus quite a few bolts to the face. I hold his last guys off with MWM tokens and lackey (I am at 2 life while he is still above 10) until I get Krenko and Purphoros. Second game he gets to flip a couple of delvers which I dispatch while I hold him off his mana with port + wasteland. In his last turn before dying, I port his only red source and he topdecks a Chain lightning. We both had two life total so he could have won on that one, instead I got to attack for lethal the following turn.

R3 - Pox - 1-2

Gee I don't like playing pox. G1 he gets Liliana out turn 1 off a dark ritual and I never establish a position on the board. He makes me discard 2 purphoros which is my main plan against pox and I never see the third one. G2 I am on the go and CT his hand for one Engineered Plague, and flashback T2 for the Night of Soul's betrayal. This allows me to get into a good early position. He eventually gets a Liliana out which makes the game last way too long but he eventually scoops when he is at 1 life total and me still at 19... G3, he gets off to T1 Liliana again and it's the same as G1. At some point I get a ringleader out to replenish my hand but I end up tucking my only Pithing Needle at the bottom of my library... Needle on Liliana would have definitely turned things around a bit...

R4 - Cephalid breakfast (!) 2-0

I didn't see that coming. G1. I am on the go with a good hand of lackey > warchief > matron > ringleader. End of my T3 he vials in the Nomads-en-kor. I had a Gempalm in hand, but my lands were at 2x Cavern and a Port. I painfully watch him as he comboes off in his turn 3 (Cephalid Illusionist > mill > 3 Narcomoeba > Dread return > Angel of glory's rise > Laboratory Maniac + Hapless researcher.
    G2 I sideboarded in 3 CT, 1 Pithing needle, 3 pyrokinesis, 2 relic. I mull to 5 with still a good hand but no hate (some burn though). T1 he drops a Shuko. T2 he drops SFM for Batterskull. I tarfire it EOT. T3 I continue my gig. In his T3, I use port in his upkeep but he drops a land and gets his Cephalid out. That was definitely a bad play on my side as I should have kept a second mana up for Gempalm to burn his guy (since Shuko equips as a sorcery). So bad play on my side and obviously there is no T4.
    Last edited by BaroqueW; 01-24-2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added my list

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by prateta View Post
    Just want to share one amazing play I did few days ago at GPT Paris in Prague. Ended up 4th in the end and this is what happened to me in top 8, goblins surely still can surprise.
    (...)
    He is on play.
    T1: He starts Bayou, GSZ for Dryad Arbor. Plays DRS.
    I don't know, but isn't that illegal? Either way, nice move indeed! That will teach them to laugh at us :) Could you share your latest build?

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

I'm a little late but I wanted to reply to the question regarding the Elves! matchup. Is it even correct to keep Lackeys in the deck? They have like 10 billion ways to just roadblock him if we don't have a Gempalm.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post
    I'm a little late but I wanted to reply to the question regarding the Elves! matchup. Is it even correct to keep Lackeys in the deck? They have like 10 billion ways to just roadblock him if we don't have a Gempalm.
    If they lead with an X/1 he is functionally a removal. It's definitely an interesting debate though. :)

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post
    Absolutely keep Lackey in. They NEED to block Lackey, and they always will if able, so in the worst case, he's a removal for R. If you have a removal or a Chieftain the turn after you play him, you'll probably win the game. He's the fastest thing you can do in this MU, and you need to be fast.
    Vial on the other hand is slow as hell and don't provide you with anything you want. To beat elves you need to be blazing fast, with multiple Lackeys/Gator, Chieftains, or removal to clear blockers, or you need to lock them, using Chalice, Grafdigger's Cage, Needle and whatnot. Vial don't work in any of these plans.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    Before asking these questions you could write your decklist.
    If you don't play Mox, nor Gator, I'd keep this hand. Drawing a land T2 is GG. If you only draw it T3 then you still have a very good fighting chance. If you had Mox or Instigators, I'd mull it, because you could have a chance of a super agressive start even without Lackey.

Against burn I also learned to always leave 1 artifact hate pos-sb. Don't know if is the norm though. But beign surprised by Bridge does suck.
    Against Omni, that hand feels pretty bad, but then again, don't know your decklist. Still, would probably mulligan.
    This is the list I played
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Golblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    2 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Mogg War Marshall
    2 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Siege-Gang Commander

1 Tarfire
    1 Warren Weirding
    4 Gempalm Incinerator

4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Badlands
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Arid Mesa
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Wooded Foothills
    2 Bloodstained Mire

Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Perish
    1 Boartusk Liege
    1 Shattering Spree
    1 Engineered Plague

I knew ensnaring bridge was a thing, and in hindsight boarding it out was a mistake. My opponent and I agreed that I should board out all four gempalms, as it's too slow most of the time.

I spoke with my omnitell opponent after the match, and he said that chalice of the void was a really scary card for him. If that's the case, then I underestimated its impact on the MU.

I followed the same reasoning as you on the elves MU, though I'm still trying to figure out if it was correct or not. Close call.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by BaroqueW View Post

I will come back and edit with my list later but I want to drop this while it's still somewhat fresh in my mind. Basically it's Rb with Purphoros, without Mox or WI.
    Hi BaroqueW :) Also, how did Purphoros work out for you? I'm quite curious.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Mountain
    Goblin Lackey
    Gempalm Incinerator
    Chalice of the Void
    Goblin Sharpshooter
    Engineered Plague
    Perish
    I posted this questions on the elves thread as well, and got some helpful responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Because Elves is VERY much favored and you porbably run 24 lands, I'd definitely keep it. You've got a 42% chance to draw a land there which - from my experience - is still way better than your average win% in this matchup, even postboard. Yes, you still can't pass a DRS or Nettle Sentinel here, but so what? At least you had a reasonably good chance to win this game.

Jul 2013
    Orlando fl

ok, so I play tested yesterday and came up to this list. I did try chrome mox and kiki game plan, but was not what I expected.
    I recorded my matches VS Punishing JUND . I will be posting that today for you guys. now, I did like the chrome mox and kiki, but i decided on this list after a lot of playing.

// Deck: goblins (60)

// Lands
    4 Cavern of Souls
    15 Mountain

// Creatures
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Warchief
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Stingscourger
    3 Warren Instigator

// Spells
    2 Pyrokinesis
    4 Tarfire
    4 Ęther Vial

should probably be either working or sleeping

Jan 2014
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by BaroqueW View Post

I will come back and edit with my list later but I want to drop this while it's still somewhat fresh in my mind. Basically it's Rb with Purphoros, without Mox or WI.
    Wait what, where there three Goblin players there, I missed that.
    just staring legacy with rw goblins. and pretending to work but reading here.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by AlbyLegacy View Post
    ok, so I play tested yesterday and came up to this list. I did try chrome mox and kiki game plan, but was not what I expected.
    I recorded my matches VS Punishing JUND . I will be posting that today for you guys. now, I did like the chrome mox and kiki, but i decided on this list after a lot of playing.

// Deck: goblins (60)

// Lands
    4 Cavern of Souls
    15 Mountain

// Creatures
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Warchief
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Stingscourger
    3 Warren Instigator

// Spells
    2 Pyrokinesis
    4 Tarfire
    4 Ęther Vial
    This is the second time I see you propose a list running 18-19 lands ... And I have to repeat that in my opinion it can't work. I don't want to sound harsh, since i appreciate the work you are putting in the deck and the videos you post, but really don't you happen to be manascrewed too often with this list ?

Apart from the manabase, I don't know if it's worth running warren instigator without crome mox, but, since you are running a lot of removal spells, maybe it can work. Overall I feel that you are a bit too much on the lackey/instigator connect plan, and maybe this is why you run few lands.

Jul 2013
    Orlando fl

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    This is the second time I see you propose a list running 18-19 lands ... And I have to repeat that in my opinion it can't work. I don't want to sound harsh, since i appreciate the work you are putting in the deck and the videos you post, but really don't you happen to be manascrewed too often with this list ?

Apart from the manabase, I don't know if it's worth running warren instigator without crome mox, but, since you are running a lot of removal spells, maybe it can work. Overall I feel that you are a bit too much on the lackey/instigator connect plan, and maybe this is why you run few lands.

19 lands has been fine for me. i don't really get manascrewed. once in a while i do, but that happens. 19 is fine. no fetchs, ports, or wastelands. yes, lackey instigator, vial, warcheif help the mana base. for my build chrome mox is not what i am trying to do. chrome mox is not bad. just not good enough in my build.

Jul 2013
    Orlando fl

MTG Legacy: Goblins VS Punishing Jund

GAME1

http://youtu.be/tfkDdjbuTkg

GAME2,3

http://youtu.be/TaDwYfsy0pk

Thread Information