Page 354 of 509 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Apr 2010
    Germany

Re: [Deck] Goblins

0. Update notes

February 6th 2014
    * updated the tournament report section
    * minor changes to the ""To-be-tested" card list
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Went to 3 tournaments the past 4 weeks, going 0-4, 1-3 and 2-2 respectively, so guess I'm improving =]

1st one was Rw Restoration deck. Lost to Merfolk (TNN), then won 3 games for fun. To uwr Delver (TNN again). Here I mulled to 5 G1 and almost had it. Had I had Tuktuk MD I'd pull it of), AnT (got zero cards from the 8 I have on the SB, and LD wasn't enough) and Esper because drew extremely poorly (all Jaces activations kept the card on top).

2nd was Rb Instigator list. Lost to UW Miracles to poor sideboarding (brought Cabal Therapy and should have been CotV. Therapy was fine, but CotV was awesome on the other games we played). Lost against Esper Stoneblade due to mulliganing and not founding Weirdings. Lost to something else. Won against somthing else.

3rd one Won against Esperblade. G1 he delt with 2 lackeys (while slowing himself down) while I had 0 other goblins on my hand, then started to draw gas. 2nd I mulled, then dres exctly what I needed every turn. Lost to Lands. Won G1 due To Lackey>Waste>Chieftain>Piledriver. Then lost to a lock twice. both games Wear/Tear/Oblicion Ring (total of 4) and Wasteland would have won me, but never drew them. Then lost to Bug Delver due to muligan, mistakesand tight play from my opponent. Then won against Folk.

Did not find Phurporos yet, but when I do, surly will be playing them.
    Still prefer the Restoration Goblins above others. There were some insane plays like using Krenko 2 times in a turn, comboing, saving Thalia from Golgari Charm, and others. Frogtosser felt bad, but helped me win 2 games in testing, where with 3 mana I managed to Matron>Weirdings 2 turns in a row against TNN with a Jitte on the table. But, also in testing, lost 4 games to the mirror...

Well, just sharing some bad results from 2014 =]
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    2nd was Rb Instigator list. Lost to UW Miracles to poor sideboarding (brought Cabal Therapy and should have been CotV. Therapy was fine, but CotV was awesome on the other games we played).
    Tough luck.
    Can you elaborate a little more on the bold part? What did your decklist look like? How was Chalice effective here (I assume it was meant to shut down Brainstorm, StoP and Sensei'S Divinig Top)? Intuitively I would say that you don't bring in any SB cards, but then again you will always have 1-3 spotremoval cards that are "dead" draws (Warren Weirding, Stingscourger, Tarfire). I'm really curious to see your decklist!
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

@Gobbolord: The decklist was this:
    2 Wasteland
    4 Badlands
    4 Cavern of Souls
    6 Fetchland
    3 Mountain
    3 Chrome Mox

3 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Warren Instigator
    3 Gobin Piledriver
    3 Frogtosser Banneret
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

3 Warrens Weirdings
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Tarfire
    SB
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Chalice of the Void

2 Perish

1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Earwig Squad
    1 Wort, Boggart Auntie

2 Pithing Needle

Against Miracles the 1st game was ridiculous, and I ended up winning with a Frogtosser and 2 1/1 tokens I had from Weirdings my other Frogtosser after he cast E.E @2.
    Game 2 brought 2 Needle, Squad, 4 Therapy. Took out all removal and 1 Instigator.
    G2 Kept Mox, Gator, Matron, Ringleader and 2 lands. Drew land. Decided not to go all in on gator and lose 1 source of C.A. Also, he had kept his 7. Next turn I drew a Therapy. Decided to go for Gator insted. It ate a StP. The deal is that I didn't want to delay Gator so much. Next turn drew Therapy. Cast Therapy and got a Terminus. Played Mox removing Therapy, played Matron for Ringleader, and recaped Therapy (had Clique only). He flipped the Top he had into play and cast Brainstorm. I missed on the Therapy. Ringleaders were not good and that was that. Some StP and Terminuses later I died.
    G3 took Therapy out and brought CotV. Got a T2 Chalice, but he had FoW. Had not, he said, he'd lost the game. Miracles plays with the top of their deck, not their hand. CotV shuts down the card that allows him to do that best. Also, G2 if those therapies were Chalices, it would have been super easy. Anyhow, this game managed to get lethan, then got Terminused, then my backup Ringleader got 0 goblins. Still, missplayed going for Lethal by searching a Chieftain and not Ringleader #2. Learned. Still, he playes Moat and Humility with E.Tutor, so there's that...

Still think the sb from the Rw version is the awesomest and playing Restoration Angel is as cool as it gets, so will be doing that again. =]

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Hi everyone! I just found an interesting website that calculates your win % by format. I think it can be a useful tool for seeing your improvements over time, as your win % increases, check it out!

http://xamleeg.kavu.ru/

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...election/page4

1) Goblins has fallen off the face of the earth

2) Merfolk is a deck again. Huh.

Will work for playset of Wastelands
    Apr 2012
    Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...election/page4

1) Goblins has fallen off the face of the earth

2) Merfolk is a deck again. Huh.
    Sad days for us. At least here in Czech I manage some top 8 with goblins time to time, but it used to be better. Most of the time I finish with even score of win - loss. Goblins ain't doomed yet but we desperately need new cards. Our old cards are good but not even nearly as powerfull as the stuff that's coming out these days (sfm, tnn, batterskull, miracles...). I hold my hopes for the new block, I sincerely wish for a tribal one. It has been a long time since lorwyn.

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk
    Legacy
    - Team Soviet Union
    - Death & Taxes
    Pauper
    - U/R Delver
    - Urza Tron

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Goblins should be called Team Soviet Union: show up with hordes of red infantry, first throw 'em under enemy tanks, then win with an immense wave.
    Chinese fakes!

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Well, bought 3 Purphoros, but got lazy to play today. Next week will see how it plays.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Hey there,

Long term Elves! and D&T player here. Just finished building Goblins (since I had nothing better to do lately) and after toying with ideas, I ended up wondering if anybody tested with Legion Loyalist?

If yes, what was the outcome of the testing.
    If no, why not try it?

I'm all about hearing your ideas/opinions.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

Dec 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quick report. Went 2-2 today

List:

Match 1: 2-1 against Nic Fit

G1 I established a board position quickly with a Lackey T1 -> Piledriver T2 followed by more cheap guys to get a big Piledriver swing. He had SFM early but Tarfired before BS could hit the board, after that he had no real position on the board.
    G2 I get him down to 8 life before he got a Batterskull online. I have a shot at it with Tuktuk but he bounces it and gets it back online too fast for me to go anywhere. He ended at 30 life total.
    G3 Thanks to his Veteran explorer I had 6 lands when untapping my third turn, nice to be able to cast Matron and what you fetch in the same turn. He had only a top in play and although he must have seen 20+ cards he never found any removal for my guys. On the last turn, a Warchief allows for Krenko's tokens with haste to finish him.

If Sandro95 posts something about this event, this Nic Fit player was the same as his third matchup.

Match 2: 0-2 against Ant

He went off turn 2/3 each time and the only thing I had against him was Cabal Therapy which I didn't see game 2. I also badly brought in 2 Pithing needle hoping to hit Lion eye's diamond but I was explained it does not work (didn't get to cast them anyway so no regret).

Match 3: 1-2 against Shardless BUG

Game 1 I bring him rapidly down to 1 life pushing through with lackey, ringleader, piledriver, MWM (the two latter as one-ofs in the deck). He then goes on to stabilize with 2 goyfs, liliana and hymn. He goes on to beat me from there.
    Game 2 I go Lackey T1 into Krenko T2 and he never gets anywhere.
    Game 3 he gets a Jitte off a Shardless agent while he had two Deathrite. He gets 6 counters on Jitte before I play a needle on it (I am at 7 life by then). Question: could he have used the abilities of Jitte in response of me naming Jitte or does he have to do before Jitte resolves? Not that it mattered here because he pick me in two turns for 2 x 2 shamans exiling instants, but I got the impression he chose not to use Jitte. This was the only game I layed a Purphoros on the table and it was useless. I still intend to keep it as my meeting no Pox today feels like an accident.

To be noted that in one game there was a Purphoros in the graveyard, and that's actually an Enchantment to count towards goyf. That and Tribal from tarfire makes for big guys.

Match 4: 2-1 against dredge
    Before the event started, I took 2 relics out of my sideboard. Well done sir :-(

Game 1, he comboes on turn two or three and that's just two fast.
    Game 2, I don't bring in much except CT (which really doesn't seem like a huge idea since his point is to get things in the yard). Actually it was not that bad here as I named Faithless looting which he had used G1 to set himself up. And I hit one. He did not hit enough mana to flashback it for a while so he was below 10 before he could get going. The turn he went off, he flashbacked a Cabal Therapy, named Ringleader, while he had 3 Zombies on the board. I had in my hand one ringleader, 1 red card, 1 pyrokinesis. My plan was to zap two zombies to prevent him from flashbacking for a Dread return. I must say he played quick on his CT, and I definitely was not quick myself, but he allowed my playing of pyrokinesis although his CT had resolved and my ringleader was in the yard (so I didn't have the priority when I actually cast the pyrokinesis and should have done it immediately in response to his casting of CT before he named the card). Of course there was no stakes here as we were both 1-2 at this stage.
    Game 3, he does some Breakthrough and runs Cephalid Coloseum but out of roughly 20 cards he saw, he got no dredge guys in the yard and did not go anywhere. In the meantime he got a beating from Piledriver.

Overall, I got twice Lackey T1 -> Krenko T2 which lead to two victories. I didn't expect TES and had no answers to it. Considering I am not in white, there's no Thalia or Ethersworn Canonist. With an Instigator+Mox list, Earwig Squad could be brought in I expect. Relics could have helped me neutralize his past in flames though. And against dredge they would have been welcome. They feel worth the slots. Note that I had instead brought in the fourth CT and a Stingscourger. I also found myself boarding out the Aether vial systematically G2 and 3 without really missing them. I saw someone having a list with only 3 vials, I am incline to go that way too.

Sandro95: you had some explanations on the merits (or lack there of) of Confusion in the ranks vs. other solutions to SnT. I can honestly say that I didn't catch it all but if you would be so kind as to throw some details and/or pointers here, I would appreciate it! Thanks!
    Last edited by BaroqueW; 02-13-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by BaroqueW View Post
    Quick report. Went 2-2 today

Match 1: 2-1 against Nic Fit

If Sandro95 posts something about this event, this Nic Fit player was the same as his third matchup.
    Sandro95: you had some explanations on the merits (or lack there of) of Confusion in the ranks vs. other solutions to SnT. I can honestly say that I didn't catch it all but if you would be so kind as to throw some details and/or pointers here, I would appreciate it! Thanks!
    My point on CitR vs show and tell was that people generally play it because Trickbind is less effective against it, although bounce works if I remember correctly.

I went 2-2 today as well.
    R1 Elves 2-1
    Having a lot of good sideboard card versus them really helped here. I lost G1, both G2 & 3 he had a needle for sharpshooter, but I had other ways to deal with his creatures. G3 I had the nuts with 2 lands, prospector, chieftain, sharpshooter, perish & engineered plague I think, and drew into chalice + land.

R2 Dark Depths Maverick 1-2
    G1 I swarmed the board pretty fast, G2 & 3 he got a Marit Lage into play.

R3 Nic fit 0-2
    His deck looked really sweet. I know he has been tuning it for a long time. Double batterskull, multiple Kitchen Finks and Night of Souls betrayal were among the cards he had that are good against us.

R4 I had him on lethal pretty fast G1. G2 I mulliganed to 4 and lost. G3 he mulliganed to 4 and lost. I might post a more detailed report with thoughts on the deck tomorrow, now I gotta go to sleep.
    Last edited by Sandro95; 02-13-2014 at 06:27 AM.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Anyone rocking GP Paris this weekend? I'm definitely bringing Goblins, but will scout before I decide...

Oct 2012
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis
    Hey there,

Long term Elves! and D&T player here. Just finished building Goblins (since I had nothing better to do lately) and after toying with ideas, I ended up wondering if anybody tested with Legion Loyalist?

If yes, what was the outcome of the testing.
    If no, why not try it?

I'm all about hearing your ideas/opinions.

Cheers!
    When the card was released i played a bit with it, and others tested it more than me. The general consensus is that the card is underwhelming... it has a nice combo with piledriver, and it occasionally makes lingering souls/batterskull tokens useless, but it does nothing as a turn one play and is useless on its own. Who would play raging goblin in legacy? Every removal spell (tarfire, stingscourger,pyrokinesis, lightning bolt,....) is usually better for clearing the way to piledriver, and we already have tools like krenko, mob boss to break board stalls. But, if you really want to alpha strike with a first striking trampling piledriver i think you can run the loyalist as a one-of and tutor for him with matron when needed. For sure he can win games in certain corner cases.

Dec 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    R3 Nic fit 0-2
    His deck looked really sweet. I know he has been tuning it for a long time. Double batterskull, multiple Kitchen Finks and Night of Souls betrayal were among the cards he had that are good against us.
    Massacre and Toxic deluge in sideboard too. That did clean my board a few times. Night of Souls betrayal lowers the usage of his undying/persist guys though. Mainboard he had Strangleroot geist also; can block your lackey and still leave behind a nice beater for him.
    He did tell me that he tuned it in a way that felt good towards Goblin. He did win 3 out of his 5 games against Goblins that evening in fact.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

So, I played to a 2-2 finish yesterday at one of the LGS Legacy Night.
    Was my first time piloting Goblins EVER! Had a blast
    Here's the meat!

MD:
    4 x Goblin Piledriver
    4 x Goblin Lackey
    4 x Goblin Ringleader
    3 x Goblin Matron
    3 x Mogg War Marshal
    3 x Gempalm Incinerator
    3 x Goblin Warchief
    2 x Goblin Chieftain
    2 x Siege Gang Commander
    1 x Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 x Krenko, Mob Boss

3 x Tarfire
    4 x Aether Vial

3 x Wooded Foothills
    2 x Scalding Tarn
    3 x Plateau
    4 x Mountain
    3 x Cavern Of Souls
    4 x Rishadan Port
    4 x Wasteland

Yeah....I ran 61 cards, just noticed. An old Elves! habit I guess!

SB:
    3 x Rest In Peace
    4 x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 x Mindbreak Trap
    3 x Ashen Rider
    3 x Pyrokinesis

Round 1 : Manaless Dredge

G1 : He reveals 2 x Chancellor of the Annex (WUT?) then proceed to dredge like a baws. I still bring him down to 1 thanks to Piledriver and multiple warchiefs
    Out? -3 Gempalm Incinerator
    In? +3 Rest In Peace

G2 : T2 RiP?

G3 : I got double RiP in my hand and a fetch to play it next turn.
    Cabal Therapy naming RiP?
    Good Game Sir.

0-1 / 1-2 Matches
    Rd 2 : Sneak And Show

G1 : Mull to 5, on the play, find Lackey, Ringleader and friends, he scoops
    Out? -1 Sharpshooter, 3 Tarfire, 3 Gempalm Incinerator
    In? +3 Ashen Rider, 4 Thalia

G2 : Can't find shit. Emrakul, tentacules times.

G3 : He opts to go for the S&T but use Probe first.
    Sees 2 x Ashen Rider in my hand. Decide to way!
    Bring him down to 6 before he Tentacule rapes me.

0-2 / 2-4 Matches

Round 3 : BUG

G1 : He keeps a really shaky hand (3 x Ancestral Vision, 1 x U.Sea, 1 x Daze and some crap), I'm on the play. Cavern, Lackey, Go?
    Out? -2 Siege Gang Commander
    In? +3 Thalia

G2 : I start chaining Ringleaders on T2 with Lackey. I felt like BUG was an easy match up for the deck. Opinions?

1-2 / 4-4 Matches

Round 4 : BUG (AGAIN!)

This match is a complete repeat of the previous round.

2-2 / 6-4 Matches

Now it's either :
    A) BUG players in my area are now familiar against Goblins
    B) BUG players in my area shouldn't play BUG

Overall?
    I like the deck. Kept greedy hands sometime, but the deck rewards being risky I guess (!?)
    Still looking at improving my list. Good thing is it only costed me 200$ for the goblins we didn't had in our card pool.
    It's giving me a good break from Elves! and D&T

Cheers!
    - Gabe

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Hey Gabe! Nice to see new faces here.
    Well done in your first run with the deck. Here are some tips for you:
    - In Rw, Thalia is actually quite good against Dredge. They usually have 1 land hands, and with a Waste/Port + Thalia, they're not able to flashback Therapy or Dread Return, and that severely hinders their gamepan. Also, Kinesis is a good tool too. You instakill Moebas and Ichorids, or your own dudes during his drawphase so you remove Bridges before they do anything.
    - Bug: You got Lackey unaswered twice? No wonder you found it a good MU. It is not awful though. Heavily dependent on their build.
    - Don't want to be the guy that says that there is a right number of certain card, but please play 4 Matron. They make the deck as a whole more consistent and improve your 1of quality way more. Play 4.
    - Goblins can keep risky hands because it topdecks very well. You can suddenly draw a Ringleader, get 3-4 goblins, and get back in a seemingly lost game. Greatest feeling ever.

Keep throwing little green men at them! o/

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Thanks for the advices!
    I'm fully open to suggestion. I only had 3 Matrons on me at the time (the only one close I could get my hands on was a 7th Foil....no thanks. Ill find my 4th Chinese Urza.)
    So Ill probably go back to 4 matron since i just love tutor effect (who doesn't in fact?)

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post

I felt like BUG was an easy match up for the deck. Opinions?

Now it's either :
    A) BUG players in my area are now familiar against Goblins
    B) BUG players in my area shouldn't play BUG
    I'm personally having major issues with the BUG Match up. They seem to always have what their looking for. The extra Golgari Charms and E Plagues for TNN are also an issue. In my meta we have 3 BUG players and they are all very strong players. After playing it a ton of times I note that I usually lose the game if he turn 2 Hymns, as it wrecks my game plan. I literally do not have a memory of NOT losing a Matron or a Ringleader to the card. You could call it variance but since I play weekly and I lose to it weekly it simply has to be me. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Hi, I’m new in the forum. I decide to use this tread to improve my deck, my sideboard and my strategies.
    Below my actual deck:

4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    10 Mountain

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    2 Tarfire
    1 Skirk Prospector
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Mogg War Marshall
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Goblin Matron
    3 Goblin Warchief
    2 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    2 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

SIDEBOARD
    4 Pyrokinesis
    4 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Boartusk Liege

No SGC to optimize the Vial use, 2 Tarfire as a faster removal, Tuktuk and Prospector against equipment, Stingscourger against Reanimator and Sneak-Show, 2 chieftain because it is very good in combo with MWM and Krenko.
    In sideboard I have another copy of Tuktuk and Stingscourger. I have also one copy of Boartusk Liege against Plague, Pyroclasm and other similar cards.
    I play 4 copy of Phyrokinesis because I WANT SEE it. It is too strong against other aggro deck and elves!
    Last week I went to small 16 players tournament with this list.

Death & Texas 2-0 (1-0-0)
    G2: -3 Goblin Piledriver (because first strike annul this card), -1 Gempalm Incinerator, -1 Stingscourger; +4 Pyrokinesis, +1 Tuktuk Scrapper.

Sneak-Show 2-1 (2-0-0)
    G2, G3: -2 Tarfire, -2 Gempalm Incinerator, -1 Goblin Sharpshooter, -1 Tuktuk Scrapper; +1 Stingscourger, +4 Thorn of Amethyst, +1 Boartusk Liege.

Jund 2-1 (3-0-0)
    G2, G3: -2 Goblin Piledriver, -1 Stingscourger, -1 Goblin Sharpshooter, -1 Krenko Mob Boss; +4 Relic of Progenitus, +1 Boartusk Liege.

Elves (3-0-1)

First place and Top 4.
    In semifinal I played again with the same Jund (2-0), in final I played again with the same Sneak-Show (2-1) and I won the tournament.

Sneak-Show is a very bad matc-up as other combo deck, I was very very lucky with the dice and the opening hands. I saw our best cards against combo: Cavern, Port, Waste, Lackey and Vial.
    He countered always my Thorn, so I haven’t feedback on this card (in my meta combo/control deck are rare, there is many Deat&Texas, Jund and Delver decks).

MVP was Krenko, I win always many matches thanks to this guy. With Warchief, Chieftain or Vial(end of turn) in play he can overturn the board in 2 turns. Too strong!

If you have some suggestions on my deck, on my sideboard or on my side-in side-out they are well-accepted.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Perfettini View Post
    If you have some suggestions on my deck, on my sideboard or on my side-in side-out they are well-accepted.
    I would not board out Krenko vs Jund. Krenko can take over the game pretty fast. Most of the time he would be safe from Lily, and if they don't have Bolt, he will stay alive for at leas a while. Obviously cards like Maelstrom Pulse, Toxic Deluge, Golgari Charm and Engineered Plague should be taken into consideration here.

Thread Information