Page 355 of 509 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Just want to share that tested the Purphoros version this weekend and let me tell you, I'm impressed.
    Here's what I played:
    2 Wasteland
    2 Ancient Tomb
    2 Chrome Mox
    4 Cavern of Souls
    12 Mountain

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Mogg Warmarchall
    3 Goblin Warchief
    2 Goblin Chieftain

1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Skirk Prospector

3 Gempalm Incinerator
    2 Tarfire
    2 Stingscourger

3 Purphoros, God of the Forge

Still on the fence about Ancient Tomb (though it migh make SB CotV a lot better) and Prospector might become a Scrapper. Rest of the deck was the nutter butters.
    Purphoros let you play a different kind of game with the deck. With it in play, the best thing you can do is Matron -> MWM. Do that twice and your opponent is almost dead. Krenko was also insane, but don't know if going to 2 is right, since don't want to cut +1/+1 effects, neither more Warchiefs, and don't want to run 0 Piledrivers. Stingscourger got better too, but 1 might be the right number since MWM is usually better with Purphoros out.
    Will playtest more, and try to play somewhere when I can, but combo-killing someone is always great with goblins.
    ps: Even got him to attack once. It felt great =D
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    Just want to share that tested the Purphoros version this weekend and let me tell you, I'm impressed.
    Here's what I played:
    2 Wasteland
    2 Ancient Tomb
    2 Chrome Mox
    4 Cavern of Souls
    12 Mountain

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Mogg Warmarchall
    3 Goblin Warchief
    2 Goblin Chieftain

1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Skirk Prospector

3 Gempalm Incinerator
    2 Tarfire
    2 Stingscourger

3 Purphoros, God of the Forge

Still on the fence about Ancient Tomb (though it migh make SB CotV a lot better) and Prospector might become a Scrapper. Rest of the deck was the nutter butters.
    Purphoros let you play a different kind of game with the deck. With it in play, the best thing you can do is Matron -> MWM. Do that twice and your opponent is almost dead. Krenko was also insane, but don't know if going to 2 is right, since don't want to cut +1/+1 effects, neither more Warchiefs, and don't want to run 0 Piledrivers. Stingscourger got better too, but 1 might be the right number since MWM is usually better with Purphoros out.
    Will playtest more, and try to play somewhere when I can, but combo-killing someone is always great with goblins.
    ps: Even got him to attack once. It felt great =D
    Sweet! I look forward to hearing more on what you have to say on Purphoros after further testing. What are your thoughts on him in different matchups? Is there anywhere in particular where he shines?

Also, I'll be playing legacy tomorrow, so I'll be posting the report here tomorrow, or maybe the day after.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Tournament report!

Here's the list I played

23 lands
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    2 Badlands
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Arid Mesa

37 Spells
    4 Aether Vial
    1 Tarfire
    1 Warren Weirding
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    2 Goblin Warchief
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Matron
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Siege-Gang Commander

15 Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Perish
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 Shattering Spree
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

R1 Elves 2-0
    G1 my opponent took a mulligan to five. I drew two Gempalm Incinerators to slow him down a bit further. I then got Sharpshooter online.
    G2 I tarfired his t1 DR. He played a Visionary. I played 2 lackeys. He played a Nettle Sentinel and a Quirion Ranger. We traded my lackeys for his Quirion Ranger. Then I played a Chalice of the Void for one. At one point I had a Goblin Warchief, two goblins and three lands. I played a Matron fetching a Skirk Prospector and played it. I sacrificed two goblins to play a second Matron, then sacced both Matrons to play the Sharpshooter I had fetched with the second Matron. I also drew a Perish for his 2 Deathrite Shamans here. This was after he had Abrupt Decayed my chalice.

R2 Merfolk 1-2
    G1 I kept a greedy onelander and my opponent raced me.
    G2 I lead with lackey. My opponent didn't play a land and passed. I won this game.
    G3 I Wastelanded an early mutavault, then lost the game when I didn't draw the fourth land for Krenko with Chieftain in play. I'm not sure it was incorrect to wasteland his Mutavault here, but I'm not sure it was right either. This was the second time in a row I lost to merfolks. I wonder if it's because I played wrong, something with my list (such as playing fewer piledrivers), or if it's just variance.

R3 Burn 2-1
    G1 I had a bunch of lightning bolts thrown at my face.
    G2 I dropped a CotV stopping my opponent from really doing much.
    G3 I had a Pyrokinesis for a Goblin Guide. I then got in with a lackey. I had a second Pyrokinesis for a Hellspark Elemental unearth and then drew a Chalice to lock out the game. I also played around Price of Progress a lot here, by keeping lands in my hand and Wasteland up. My opponent showed me later that she had a PoP in hand that could have killed me earlier if I hadn't played around it.

R4 Omnitell 2-1
    R1 I played a lackey and started attacking. Soon my opponent got an Omniscience into play and cast an Emrakul. He attacked leaving me with Warchief and Piledriver. He started cantripping and found a Cunning Wish for Intuition > Enter the Infinite. I had a WW in hand and would have drawn the bloodstained Mire. Sadly I failed to beat Omniscience > Emrakul this game. ;)
    G2 I went lackey > CotV and my opponent got stuck on two lands with the combo in hand, unable to cantrip for more lands. I love Chalice.
    G3 my opponent played a Ponder and passed. I played a Cabal Therapy naming Show and Tell. I hit two, leaving my opponent with a Divert, a Flusterstorm and two lands. I love Cabal Therapy. From there I got two Chieftains into play and attacking, and soon more goblins followed.

It felt bad to lose to merfolks. Other than that I'm pretty happy about the tournament. I made a few sloppy plays such as not shooting my opponent for two when I made his 2 DRS perish. I will not repeat that mistake. Chalice was great in 3 out of 4 matchups. Cabal Therapy was also sweet. I didn't face any stoneforge mystic decks, so I couldn't test the second Scapper or the Shattering Spree in the board. Pyrokines was good to have as usual. Perish helped versus elves and I didn't draw Plague.
    Last edited by Sandro95; 06-17-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    15 Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cabal Therapy

2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Perish
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 Shattering Spree
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

[...]

It felt bad to lose to merfolks. Other than that I'm pretty happy about the tournament. I made a few sloppy plays such as not shooting my opponent for two when I made his 2 DRS perish. I will not repeat that. Chalice was great in 3 out of 4 matchups. Cabal Therapy was also sweet. I didn't face any stoneforge mystic decks, so I couldn't test the second Scapper or the Shattering Spree in the board. Pyrokines was good to have as usual. Perish helped versus elves and I didn't draw Plague.
    My sideboard is quite similar to yours as my core cards are CHalice, Therapy and Perish, too. I my past tournaments I boarded Chalice a lot, and I share your oppinion on Cabal Therpay: I love it.

Can you reflect on how useful you find RIshadan Ports in the games you played?

On the Merfolk MU: Call me a noob, but I never felt like this matchup was truly positive for us. I don't think you are doing it wrong (except for the greedy keep g1 maybe) as long as you aim at getting Piledriver online as early as possible and keeping their Mutavaults in check with wasteland and ports. All in all, I think the odds are pretty even in this matchup.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Well, sometimes i lose to merfolk too. It's possible for goblins to lose to aggro decks if they have fast starts. However playing 4 piledrivers help a lot in the matchup, together with 4 gempalm. I would say the matchup is 60/40 in our favor.

Phasing
    Jul 2013
    Seville (Spain)

I was thinking about to test Goblin Pyromancer against some combo decks... and Goblins too xD. Has someone tried it? Regards.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    My sideboard is quite similar to yours as my core cards are CHalice, Therapy and Perish, too. I my past tournaments I boarded Chalice a lot, and I share your oppinion on Cabal Therpay: I love it.

Can you reflect on how useful you find RIshadan Ports in the games you played?

On the Merfolk MU: Call me a noob, but I never felt like this matchup was truly positive for us. I don't think you are doing it wrong (except for the greedy keep g1 maybe) as long as you aim at getting Piledriver online as early as possible and keeping their Mutavaults in check with wasteland and ports. All in all, I think the odds are pretty even in this matchup.
    Maybe merfolks is a more even matchup than I thougt it was. That would make losing to them seam less horrible I guess. ;)

On Rishadan Ports: I have been wanting more red/black sources in the deck. In some cases Rishadan Port is great, slowing down opponents or keeping them off of certain colors. Other times it is a land that doesn't tap for red or black and can be wastelanded. Playing more red/black sources would make it easier to play more black spells in the sideboard. In my experience they tend to be very high impact cards.

Wasteland is a very good card, but its best is when you think when to use it.
    I see a lot of people using it after they draw it, and in my oppinion, that is wrong. You have to think in the match up and in the state of the game. I really dont know if was a good call to waste his mutavault. You had a piledriver on attack? Or a lackey? He was low on lands?

If not, I would probably dont use it. See, goblins is mana hungry, I found myself in the same boat as you a lot of times, wasting someone just to find out that I slowed my game too.. So now on, I think very hard when I am going to use a wasteland or not. The same goes for rishadan port, but it is less painful if you commit a mistake.

I dont find merfolk a even match up, is at least 60/40 to us. They dont have ways to interact with us, unless they A)play a splash and make our wastes and ports better; B) counter our creatures, what is hard when you play 3~4 caverns + 4 Vials MD; C)Block. They can dismember I know, but usually they run as 1of.. so, whatever.
    The worst case is if they have lords out and a TNN, but again, we have at least 7 removals MD that can handle their lords, and 3~4 of them cant be countered... so how can be hard to keep then out of lords.. Of course that, playing 2 piledrivers sucks in this game, because this is usually the card that win this game for me, even with TNN I can race them. Dont get me wrong, if you play bad, and make a lot of mistakes, they lords will kill ya! haha But if you play right, it is a very hard to lose a match.

Ohh I always keep 1tuktuk for their jitte, some merfolks play MD, other in the SB.

Cya

Feb 2014
    France

Hi ! I'm a french Goblins lover and new to this forum. I registered to share my GP Paris experience last saturday.

Here is the list I ran :

Main Deck
    4 Wateland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    10 Snow-Covered Mountain

4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Mogg War-Marshal
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Krenko Mob Boss
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

4 Aether Vial
    2 Tarfire

Sideboard
    3 Chalice of the Void
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Pyrokinesis
    2 Ashen Rider
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Boartusk Liege

Round 1 : Elves 2-0 (1-0)
    To my surprise, quite an easy matchup. Maybe because my opponent didn't play Deathrite Shaman.
    G1 : Sharpshooter, Lackey and Tarfire on opening hand, assuring a T2 Sharpshooter. Pretty much it.
    I sided 3 Pyrokinesis against him, removing Krenko, Skirk Prospector and a Piledriver.
    G2 : He Mulligans, I keep a hand with Gempalm and Pyrokinesis while the MWM + Piledriver finish him quickly.

Round 2 : Merfolk 1-2 (1-1)
    Well yeah... Lost to Merfolk which i was sad about because i made a huge error.
    G1 : Pretty straightforward. 2 Piledrivers doing the job.
    G2 : I removed Sharpshooter and Krenko and added 2 Needles for his equipments. Hesitated to add Pyrokinesis too but didn't know what to remove. Hard game for me as he dazes my Vial and plays a Jitte on turn 2.
    G3 : There's where the mistake happens. I litterally swarm the place with my MYM and Piledrivers but on a final and lethal attack, i forget to call the triggers on the attacking Piledrivers. My opponent didn't told me too so i think i should've called a judge for this one. Pretty upset and angry at him but meh, i learned from my mistake.

Round 3 : Death and Taxes 2-0 (2-1)
    G1 : I start, turn 1 Vial and then, locking the game with my lands while a gentle Lackey puts down a Matron that gets Sharpshooter.
    G2 : I side 3 Pyrokinesis and 2 Pithing Needles. Game is hard as he plays a T2 Stoneforge Mystic that gets Batterskull AND another SFM that gets SOFI. Fortunately i have a 2 counters Vial and a 4 counters other Vial and I play Tuktuk Scrapper on his attacking batterskull. End of turn i play MWM and on my turn Ringleader that shows a lot of hate for him. Difficult matchup though.

Round 4 : Rock Control 2-0 (3-1)
    My nightmare : Toxic Deluges, Engineering plagues and Golgari Charms everywhere !
    G1 : First turn my opponent plays Cabal Therapy and says "Brainstorm". I smile when i reveal my hand and hear him say "Oh dear" with a perfect british accent. I put a Mountain and say go. Turn 2 my opponent played Veteran Explorer and forgot to sacrifice it. I nuke it end of turnand get 4 lands on Turn 2 that plays Krenko and swarms the board even if he plays Sigarda on turn 3. I'm faster and win easily.
    G2 : I add 2 Boartusk Liege, no Relics of Progenitus as i didn't see any DRS or Tarmogoyfs in his deck. That was a good choice because he didn't play any. I removed 2 Incinerators. During the game, he doesn't see any of his side cards and let me a Vial while I lock the game with Rishadans and Wastelands.

Round 5 : Patriot Delver 2-0 (4-1)
    I thought this matchup was horrible because I had no Pyroblasts or REB in my side, it actually wasn't.
    G1 : No delver on sight T1, i'm getting everthing countered but i'm very fast (as always). We laught as he plays a Chain Lightning on my Piledriver to kill it and watching me pay RR thanks to Skirk Prospector to finish him off.
    G2 : I add 3 Chalice of the void. I manage to play one with 1 counter, my opponent didn't like it at all, making 50% of his deck useless.

Round 6 : Death and Taxes, the Return 0-2 (4-2)
    G1 : I have a decent hand, my opponent plays a T1 Mother of Runes and a T2 SFM that gets Batterskull. Not many i can do.
    G2 : I had the same side as Round 2 and i have a good hand. But my opponent, Sir Gladstone Gander, plays his 3 equipments WITHOUT a single SFM. Even if i take care of the batterskull, i can't do anything against Jitte and don't see my needles.

Round 7 : Patriot Control 1-2 (4-3)
    G1 : I'm very fast, playing 3 Wastelands and a Rishadan that annihilate his manabase. Win in less than 5 minutes.
    G2 : Adding Chalices and Needles. Same thing than the last Round happened : 2 equipements without SFM, can't do much.
    G3 : Mulligan 5 for me and not seeing a single red land, pretty sad to be kicked out of Day 2 with this lost but, eh i came to play so i'm playing the last 2 rounds to see if i could beat my previous GP record (Strasbourg 2012) of 5-4 with monoR Goblins.

Round 8 : ANT 2-0 (5-3)
    G1 : My opponent plays Cabal Therapy, same reaction than the Rock control player when he sees my hand full of Goblins. I play a T1 Lackey. My opponent struggles while i play a lot of creatures, wisely keeping a Tarfire in my hand and tapping his lands with my Rishadan. Then he decides to go combo but didn't count right, leaving my at 2. I finish him off during my turn.
    G2 : Removing my Gempalms, Stingscourger, Sharpshooter and Tuktuk Scrapper to add 3 chalices of the void and 3 relics of progenitus. I open my hand with a Chalice and Lackey. Turn 1 my opponents lands and brainstorms. On my turn I play my chalice for 0. He manages to Abrubt Decay it but on my second turn, I draw an epic 2nd Chalice that i play for 1. He can't recover from this and I win.

Round 9 : Death and Taxes, the final showdown (6-3)
    G1 : I start and I have the absolute perfect hand : Lackey, Matron and Incinerator. The rest is pretty much self-explanatory.
    G2 : Same side as always, i open my hand with 2 pyrokinesis and a godlike hand with Sharpshooter, Tarfire and Warchief. I absolutely obliterated my opponent that did absolutely nothing.
    15 minutes Round playing against the most boring and irritating girl in the world but eh, i won !

Overall a very nice experience. A tiny bit disappointed to be this close to Day 2 but when i said i was playing MonoR Goblins, nobody believed i would make a good score. But besides a few mistakes, I really played well, knowing the deck i'm playing for 3 years now. If you have any comments on my list or reports i'll be glad to recieve it !

Cya !

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Thagaste View Post
    Hi ! I'm a french Goblins lover and new to this forum. I registered to share my GP Paris experience last saturday.

Here is the list I ran :

Main Deck
    4 Wateland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    10 Snow-Covered Mountain

4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Mogg War-Marshal
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Krenko Mob Boss
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

4 Aether Vial
    2 Tarfire

Sideboard
    3 Chalice of the Void
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Pyrokinesis
    2 Ashen Rider
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Boartusk Liege

Round 1 : Elves 2-0 (1-0)
    To my surprise, quite an easy matchup. Maybe because my opponent didn't play Deathrite Shaman.
    G1 : Sharpshooter, Lackey and Tarfire on opening hand, assuring a T2 Sharpshooter. Pretty much it.
    I sided 3 Pyrokinesis against him, removing Krenko, Skirk Prospector and a Piledriver.
    G2 : He Mulligans, I keep a hand with Gempalm and Pyrokinesis while the MWM + Piledriver finish him quickly.

Cya !
    Too bad you didn't make day 2, I would have liked to see goblins do well. Versus elves I would definitely have boarded in all copies of Chalice of the Void, as it can
    lock them out from playing most of their creatures. Also, losing to merfolks that way sucks, however, as you said, it's a reminder to clearly announce your triggers.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Round 2 : Merfolk 1-2 (1-1)
    Well yeah... Lost to Merfolk which i was sad about because i made a huge error.
    G1 : Pretty straightforward. 2 Piledrivers doing the job.
    G2 : I removed Sharpshooter and Krenko and added 2 Needles for his equipments. Hesitated to add Pyrokinesis too but didn't know what to remove. Hard game for me as he dazes my Vial and plays a Jitte on turn 2.
    G3 : There's where the mistake happens. I litterally swarm the place with my MYM and Piledrivers but on a final and lethal attack, i forget to call the triggers on the attacking Piledrivers. My opponent didn't told me too so i think i should've called a judge for this one. Pretty upset and angry at him but meh, i learned from my mistake.
    Playing the deck for almost 7 years now I can say that I never announced the trigger for Piledriver's ability and I never got punished for it like that. I honestly believe that a judgecall would result in a warning for both of you and you being allowed to "pump" your Piledriver, since this is a mandatory trigger, not a "you may"-trigger.
    The only mistake you made is not to call the judge. Nothing wrong with not announcing that trigger, in my oppinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95
    Too bad you didn't make day 2, I would have liked to see goblins do well
    I actually find 6-3 a decent performance, given the fact that he didn't have any BYEs and didn't face totally crappy non-competitive deck in the first three rounds.

//Edit: Too many typos....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

WOW, no SCG, nice. i like your list gj)

Feb 2014
    France

Yes I should've called a judge for this call but my opponent was really greedy and unpleasent

Thanks for the advice regarding CotV against Elves! ! Next time i'll make it to day 2

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    WOW, no SCG, nice. i like your list gj)
    I removed it the day before the tournament to add Krenko and I wasn't disappointed. Next step is trying to put more Tuktuk Scrapper or Tin Street Hooligans in the Main Deck.
    Fortunately, next block will be a "Return to Lorwyn" with lots of new things to add !

Apr 2010
    Germany

Yes I should've called a judge for this call but my opponent was really greedy and unpleasent
    One more reason to call the judge. Don't be intimidated just because someone else is having a bad day / is a dick. Take the initiative and call the judge. Nothing wrong with calling a judge at all. Judgecalls are (supposed to be) for clarification, not for punishment.
    I have had judgecalls á la:

Opponent (towards bystanding judge): "Hey, John (they apparently knew each other), write down a warning for slowplay for this guy, will you?" (waving with the resultslip)

Then it was my turn to call the headjudge.

+1, never feel intimidated to call the judge.

I had been playing with Purphoros ever since my Japanese friend gave me a list that did well at his local tournament around mid-December, and I am thoroughly impressed. I pretty much play it as a 3-off in all the variations I play now. It gives a different angle to Goblins, and gives me an option to break stalemates. However, none of my decks are based around Purphoros. For example, I only play 3 MWM. I don't play a 4th MWM just because it synergies well with Purphoros. It also makes Vial @4 much more useful, with Ringleader, Tuktuk Scrapper, Krenko, and Purphoros to cheat in. I gave up on SGC for that reason.

Fortunately, next block will be a "Return to Lorwyn" with lots of new things to add !
    That is for sure? Seriosly *.* happiness has found his way back to my life lol

Sometime ago some of you asked for a new list, something different to try out, well, I got an idea. First of all, my insights about the current metagame, well, at least when I play.

1. Most of legacy can now play with 2 or even 1 land.. So mana denial has become worst.. and DRS only make that even worst, but everyone know that.
    2. Blade decks mean that trade, or even chump block became worst.
    3. TNN bring that blue based decks online, so, piledriver should be back online as well.
    4. With a lot of decks packing board swap cards, pump goblins should be played more often.
    5. Abrupt Decay + Cavern of souls made two things, first, vial is not that essencial anymore, because people play less counters and more removal, and second, because can break vial more often.

This make me thing, and I dont really know if I got it right, but to me it appear that:
    1. mana denial is not that good, so we can probably cut rishadan port completely, but wasteland should be played at least at 2~3 copies (nothing new I guess).
    2. whithout port and with a set of cavern of souls, I guess we can seriosly think in lowering our vial count.. perhaps even cut it off..
    3. piledriver is now very good, and mwm is not, so, I would prefer to cut mwm from my list rather than piledriver.
    4. I guess that mwm and gempalm work very good together, and when I dont play mwm, I start to think if I should play gempalm at all.
    5. Actually, when I think of a card that gets better with less goblins in play and more cheap creatures, is sparksmith.

Thinking in this stuff I came with a new list, I dont know if it is the best, but I would really love to try it out, but I cant engage any seriolsy play right now, if anyone could try, I would be glad.

4 Cavern of Souls
    3 Wasteland
    3 Chrome Mox
    13 Mountains

4 Lackey
    4 Tarfire
    4 Piledriver
    2 WInstigator
    2 Sparksmith
    2 Stingscouger
    2 Gempalm
    4 Chieftain
    2 Warchief
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    1 TukTuk
    1 Krenko
    1 SGC

I really think sparksmith is better than gempalm right know, but you need some haste, or bring him turn one... what make him insane in the currently meta, at the cost of 1 or 2 life you can kill delver, DRS, bob and SFM all drops 1 and 2, so he seen powerfull enought to test right know, oh, and off course, most decks right know are fast, but not as fast as BURN or old zoo, so we can try it without worring about dying to ourselves.
    WIthout vial SGC can come handly, but I dont see any problem swithing him for another krenko. Winstigator is better than MWM because it kills SFM, DRS and if not blocked gets insane... with 6 free bringers (lackey and WI) plus 6 haste (warchief and chieftain) the decks is fast enought to try to win the first match against combo even without mana denial.

What you guys think about it?
    Cya

Addition to the thing with the Piledriver trigger:
    I think it's the same as with the Tarmogoyf, you don't have to say how strong he is, in the case of Piledriver, that he triggered, until a visible change occurs. In this case when he's dealing damage. So as long as you call the right damage you're fine. Be i guess to be on the save side you could just anounce it every time ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuwatanity View Post
    Addition to the thing with the Piledriver trigger:
    I think it's the same as with the Tarmogoyf, you don't have to say how strong he is, in the case of Piledriver, that he triggered, until a visible change occurs. In this case when he's dealing damage. So as long as you call the right damage you're fine. Be i guess to be on the save side you could just anounce it every time ;)
    I read this article when the changes came out.
    http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...ly/feature/233

read:A triggered ability that affects the game state in non-visible ways.

It says exactly what you said here.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Hello fellow Chieftains,

today it was tournament time again. The result was a disappointing 1-4 after 5 rounds. I was piloting a Rb WInstigator list again (see below), with a minor change since my last tournament (-1 Krenko, +1 Lightning Crafter in the MD). No detailed report again, just results and some thoughts. I will answer question about the respective matches though.

MANA (22)
    3 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Auntie’s Hovel
    4 Scalding Tarn
    1 Badlands
    2 Mountain
    1 Snow-Covered Mountain
    3 Chrome Mox

CORE (23)
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader

OTHERS (15)
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Lightning Crafter
    1 Tarfire
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Warren Weiridng
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

Sideboard (15)
    1 Chrome Mox
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Earwig Squad
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    3 Perish

Round 1 Human/Werewolf Stompy (0-2)
    Round 2 Punishing Maverick (1-2)
    Round 3 Death & Taxes (2-1)
    Round 4 Deathblade (1-2)
    Round 5 Thespian Rock (1-2)

Thoughts:
    * MVPs were Chieftain and Goblin Ringleader again
    * I boarded out Vial far too often and got reminded how essential it actually is for the deck
    * Chrome Mox #3 is still cool
    * I don’t like Sharpshooter, and given the matchups of today I might think about replacing it with Dread of Night. However, this feels intuitively wrong, so I might just choose something else here
    * I will work on SB-plans against the decks I commonly see in this meta – and my first impression is that Chrome Mox #4 as well as Earwig Squad and Sharpshooter will not stay in the deck.
    * Krenko was not missed at all, but I can’t really say that Lightning Crafter is (much) better. I was problematic to champion a creature sometimes, or even to champion the “best” creature (Matron or Ringleader). I think he’s quite good when he hits the battlefield, but maybe not worth the slot.
    * Gempalm Incinerator was underperforming today. I’m tempted to cut it down to one copy, adding Tarfire. But that might just be due to the MUs I played today.

Questions and comments are, as always, appreciated.

- GL

Bladedecks are rought, so I understand, but, didnt you miss more removal? You had only 6 removal MD, and I guess 7 is the lower number I would play, so why you choose to do not play removal? Why dont use tarfires? Stingscouger and Warren Weirding dont seen like the same to you?

The match that I dont understand at all was werewolf stomp, they try to lock you with moon (useless) and chalice of the void (we got cavern) their only piece of lock that works is trinisphere, that they usually pack 3, but we got lackey and vial (in your case WI too) to bring stuff for free + half of our deck cost 3 or more, so no problem here. I really would like to know what happend to you get a 0-2.

Did you miss Mogg War Marshal? Why?

You said AEther vial is essencial to our decks, so why side it out? When did you miss it?

Thankyou for your time!
    and sorry about the results =/

Thread Information