Page 367 of 509 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,340 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Watched you play and chatted with you between rounds. The field seemed a little rough for the fun fair decks. Hopefully goblins gets some new goodies in M15

Apr 2010
    Germany

Hello fellow Chieftains,

I'm in preparation for an upcoming tournament and my list is well-tuned for the metagame, however I have 2 SB slots that I just can't seem to fill accurately.

Here is my list and - much more importantly - my SB for you as reference:

MANA (22)
    16 lands that can fix mana well enough
    3 Chrome Mox
    3 Wasteland

4-offs (32)
    Vial
    Lackey
    WInstigator
    Piledriver
    Chieftain
    Matron
    Ringleader
    Tarfire

Others (6)
    2 Warchief
    2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Warren Weirding

Sideboard
    3 Perish
    2 Dismember
    4 Chalice
    4 Earwig Squad
    2 ???

My SB covers the most important MU quite well (D&T, Elves, Miracles, BGx) but I feel like if I don't have at least 10 cards against Stormcombo I can just as well play 0. The problem is, that I want something that is good against Show&Tell decks too. The issue is that there are cards that are good against storm, but not at all useful vs. S&T (Mindbreak Trap) and vice versa (Ashen Raider).
    There are 3 cards that come into mind that can be used against both decks:

* Cabal Therapy - problem: it's too slow (in the sense that you need to build up your clock in turns 1-3) and not effective enough against storm (its not particularily safe to put cards in their graveyard because of Past in Flames). It's definitely good against S&T though, but storm is a more prominent player over here.

* Pithing Needle - problem: same as with Cabal Therapy, too slow, no real impact against storm. It'S quite a nice option vs. S&T since it shuts down the truly dangerous card (Sneak Attack)

* Phyrexian Revoker - problem: while being "okay" vs. Storm (it is a clock itself and has an actual impact, but it aims at the same card as Chalice of the Void: the artifacts), I find it less useful against S&T, because they will bring in Friespout/Pyroclasm anyway.

So, are there cards that I am missing at the moment? My priorty is to have something to beat storm - but I don't want to be all cold to S&T (Earwig Squads and Chalice are not enough here).
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Hey man. Thats the dillema we've been having since snt started to show up again. There is no good storm and snt hate.
    In your list Id probably go with Toughtsize or Thorn, but there might be something better out there.
    Try to squeeze some Mental Missteps and see if someone catches you =p

Enviado de meu GT-S6313T usando Tapatalk
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Nov 2013
    The Netherlands

GoboLord, can you explain the rest of your sideboard? What do you exactly side in against what matchups, and why?

Oct 2012
    Italy

Altough discard is slow, i think it's the best you can afford here . Pyroblast/REB are even worse than discard against storm (but better against show and tell). Thorn of Amethyst seems a solid option too. If you want a clock you could even try Slavering Nulls, but i doubt they can have any impact since they would just discard what they don't need.
    Overall i would go with cabal therapy. I think the fact that it is slow is compensated by the blowouts it can sometimes produce.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Yio View Post
    GoboLord, can you explain the rest of your sideboard? What do you exactly side in against what matchups, and why?
    Death&Taxes:
    -1 Stingscourger, -1 Warren Weirding,
    +2 Dismember
    Stingscourger is quite bad because they have Vial AND because their creatures have low casting costs. Warren Weirding rarely kills the truly relevant creature and ist also quite hard to cast against Thalia, Wasteland and Rishadan Ports. Dismember immediately kills any creature (except for Mirran Crusader) , even those equipped with Sword of FIre and Ice. And it is my only solution to Brimaz,.

Storm
    -4 Vial, -4 Tarfire, -1 Stingscourger, -1 Warren Weirding
    + 4 Chalice, +4 EWS, +2 whatevercard will fill the remaining slots
    It should be obvious why I board outh the cards above. I DONT board Tuktuk Scrapper because it can sometimes hit the artifacts they play on turn 1 to dodge Chalice of the Void.

Elves
    -4 Vial, -1 Weirding, -1 Stinger, -1 tuktuk Scrapper
    + 4 Chalice, +3 Perish
    I leave 1 Scrapper in MD to ocassionally destroy Jitte (in case they are boarding it). I dont bring in EWS because it will usually not connect AND because they dont need specific cards to finish us off. They can just spam creatures and go for it - even without Behemoth.

UW(b) Esper-/Death-/Stone-Blade-(Control?) something
    Nothing. Maybe some EWS depending on their list (e.g. when they play Engineered Plague)

Team America
    -1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    +1 Dismember
    Keep 1 Scrapper in MD for ocassional equipments/ Vedalken Shakles, whatever. Dismember for Tarmogoyf and other fatties. Depending oth their list I could also board out another Scrapper and bring in Perish or EWS. I have, as of yet, no sample list of the A-Team on my mind, so it's hard to make clear statements here.

Sneak Show
    -4 Tarfire, -2 Tuktuk
    +4 EWS, +2 whatevercard will fill the remaining slots
    I make wsure to fetch up STingscourger as early as possible to effectively counter Show and Tell. They will usually try to go off with Sneak Attack, so whatever you board in should focus on that.

Miracles
    -1 Stinger, -1 Weirding, -2 Tarfire
    + 4 EWS
    I want some spotremoval to kill Clique and Snapman, but I know that it is not realistic to actually resolve them. So, Tarfire could also be Chalice I guess. EWS is important because Miracles usually have only few actual winconditions (Terminus is NOT a wincondition without Entreat or Jace)

That's what I would usually do against the SAMPLE-decklists I have on my mind. However, in reality it can be different because I am sideboarding "on the fly" - i.e. based on what I saw in and between the games.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

@GoboLord

After reading of your post it just stroke me how good Earwig Squad can be against miracles. Because of lack of blockers it appears to be very easy to met the prowl conditions. I need to test it.

Anyway – one thing is worth to noticed in your sideboard. You only bring in Perish against elves. Would you consider Pyrokinezis as a more flexible (imho) card in your sideboard spots? My assumption is that you perfectly know this card’s pros and cons so I will skip to elaborate about it. It is very good against all those blade decks (esper, bant, uwr), D&T. Eaven against discard decks like Jund or TA it can be house.

As for those flex spots – my choice would be graveyard hate. Relic of Progenitus single-handed deals with goyfs decks (delvers are covered by tarfire and kinezis). Even if it not the best card against reanimator, dredge and storm it can be very helpful.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by liamb View Post
    As for those flex spots – my choice would be graveyard hate. Relic of Progenitus single-handed deals with goyfs decks (delvers are covered by tarfire and kinezis). Even if it not the best card against reanimator, dredge and storm it can be very helpful.
    Perish kills Goyf and Mongoose better than Relic of Progenitus. In a list without I would use Relic.

GL - It looks like REB/Pyroblast may be your best option for the final two slots based on what you want from your post above...
    It is not the best Storm hate card, but stopping a cantrip isn't nothing.
    It is very good at countering Show and Tell.
    It also works as the creature removal you want against Miracles while still working to counter their Counterbalance or kill their Jace, the Mind Sculptor.

Another option is to pick an extremely narrow but effective S+T hate card like Ashen Rider... As Scatman said, "There is no good storm and snt hate."

Apr 2010
    Germany

@ Everyone:
    Thank you for your suggestions so far. I think discard is indeed the best option available.

Quote Originally Posted by liamb View Post
    Anyway – one thing is worth to noticed in your sideboard. You only bring in Perish against elves.
    Well, thats not true. I wrote that I would bring it in vs. Team America if I feel the urge to do so (i.e. when their deck is very "green").
    Also, I didn't write a word about how I would board vs decks that are less prominent around here (RUG/bURG Thresh, Bantblade, Jund, Rock, Maverick and the like). So if I meet them I would board Perish of course.

In my list I like Perish more than Pyrokinesis, because I have Chrome Moxen in MD. On the one side: I can ramp into Perish as early as Turn 2 (turn 2 or 3 is the essential turn vs. elves). On the other side: Chrome Mox requires me to remove a card. Pyrokinesis eats a card too. Perish doesn't. I dont want to be in that position where I can wip their board and have no cards left in hand. The card-disadvantage of CHrome Mox AND Pyrokinesis (AND Aether Vial, in some MUs) adds up to a critical degree. I dont want that to happen.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Short report.

5 rounds, 22 players. Finished 4th (1st - 5th all had the same score of 12 points).

The list:

MANA (22)
    4 Caverns
    4 Hovel
    4 Fetch
    3 Chrome Mox
    3 Mountain
    3 Wasteland
    1 Badlands

4-OFFs (32)
    Tarfire
    Vial
    Lackey
    Winstigator
    Piledriver
    Chieftain
    Matron
    RIngleader

OTHERS (6)
    2 Warchief
    2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Weirding
    1 Stinger

Sideboard
    4 Chalice
    4 Earwig Squad
    3 Perish
    2 Cabal Therapy
    2 DIsmamber

Matchups:
    R1: UR Delver, 1-2
    R2: NicFit 1-0-1
    R3&4: UWr MIracles/Rest in Peaces 2-0
    R5: Homebrew UBG Ctrl 2-1

Conclusions:
    * the deck needs more Badlands and fewer Fetchlands
    * Earwig Squad is a powerhouse against Ctrl deck - I resolved 8 Squads with prowlcosts today
    * I will probably cut Weirding, the rest of the deck perfromed very well

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Hi everyone, I went 3-1 last wednesday with this list

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Goblin Piledriver
    2 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    2 Tarfire
    1 Warren Weirding
    4 Gempalm Incinerator

4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    2 Badlands
    1 Arid Mesa
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Cabal Theraoy
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Pyrokinesis
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

I played versus four-color loam R1 (looked similar to this list http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckd...p?DeckID=66925)

R2 I faced Shardless BUG and won. A thoughtseize managed to pull its weight midgame by taking a Toxic Deluge.

R3 I lost versus manaless dredge. I got a relic on t1, but he cycled a Street Wraith in response to me trying to make him exile his dredger, and then a while later when I pulled the trigger he managed to get back into it pretty quickly.

R4 I beat Shardless BUG again.

Thoughtseize still felt good, and performed well here too. I'll probably be playing the same list next week again, and I'll make sure to post a more detailed report.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

I got second place for the State Champions, IL, winning me a Volcanic Island. About 36 some odd people showed up, but I was hoping for more. Also I showed up with the intent to play well, not do well. Luckily I must have done some of both.

I ran a list very similar to the proposed list by Jim Davis in his article "Playing the Field." I used a Wear // Tear over the Ancient Grudge, I fear Engineered Plague. I have found I like the classic lists more than the Chrome Mox builds. Not only am I more comfortable with them I personally love me some Mogg War Marshal.

Mainboard
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Tin Street Hooligan
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Tarfire
    4 AEther Vial
    3 Mountain
    1 Taiga
    1 Plateau
    2 Arid Mesa
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard
    1 Stingscourger
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    3 Pyrokinesis
    1 Tear
    2 Confusion in the Ranks
    3 Relic of Progenitus

The Tournament
    Round 1 - UR Painter Grindstone
    Game 1 - I win the die roll and slam a Goblin Lackey down off of a Cavern of Souls and poked him for a while, eventually jamming a Yin Dtreet Hooligan on his Grim Monolith to lower his mana to a point where he could not just blow me out. I board out 3 Tarfire, Gempalm Incinerator and bring in 1 Wear // Tear, 3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben.
    Game 2 - I mulligan once into an Aether Vial hand and it got countered turn 1. He drops a couple of Painter's Servant and bricks my Mogg War Marshal. It grinds for a bit until I start topdecking a few Goblin Piledrivers and bashed away. He eventually had to block with his Painter's Servant
    Game 3 - Goblin Lackey into Goblin Ringleader into Piledriver into Mogg War Marshal and so on. I hit him till he died.

1-0-0

Round 2 - Burn
    I knew he was on this deck to scouting.
    Game 1 - I mulligan into a playable hand, he drops an 8th edition, Rob Alexander Mountain onto the battlefield and slams a Goblin Guide. I can tell he has some style. I Tarfire the Goblin Guide. The game continues like this, he drew mostly creatures game 1, and I drew mostly removal. Victory. I should note all of his lands were the aforementioned ones. I baord in 2 Pyrokinesis, 3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and I take out Skirk Prospector, Goblin Sharpshooter, 3 Gempalm Incinerator. I figured if I won it'd be with a full grip anyway, burn is too fast to mess around and has a deck filled with removal, that can interrupt my Gempalm Incinerator
    Game 2 - His clock was just faster, I drew all 3 Tarfire this game with no targets.
    Game 3 - All around good game, I had lethal on board when I died, 2 Goblin Piledriver and some dudes to his 12 life.

1-2-0

Round 3 - Dark Maverick
    I knew he was on this deck due to scouting.
    Game 1 - Mo mulligan twice and start off with Tarfire for his Mother of Runes. And then I effectively stopped playing magic due to his Stoneforge Mystic. I board out 4 Goblin Piledriver for 3 Pyrokinesis and the Wear // Tear.
    Game 2 - Goblin Lackey meets Swords to Plowshares. He drops a turn 2 Stoneforge Mystic and pulls Umezawa's Jitte. I Tarfire it rather early to buy time for me to land my Goblin Matron and pull Tin Street Hooligan. On his 4th turn he drops a Linvala, Keeper of Silence and on his 5th equips it with Umezawa's Jitte. I Pyrokinesis the angel and then Tin Street Hooligan the equipment. Mike, my opponent, had this beautiful look of disbeleif-- "Goblins can beat Linvala equipped with Jitte?" Which I did after that, the wind in his sails were gone for that ride. Rishadan Port did some strong work this game keeping him just off balance.
    Game 3 - I mulligan again into a keepable hand. The game plays out fairly similarly except that there is no Linvala.

2-1-0

Round 4 - BUG Delver
    My personal least favorite matchup. I knew what deck he, pilot is a friend of mine.
    Game 1 - I kept this hand. 1 Rishadan Port, Skirk Prospector, 2 Goblin Lackey, Mogg War Marshal, Siege-Gang Commander. Aether Vial resolves. He Wasteland my Rishadan Port and in this and next turn drops a couple of Delver of Secrets. I do not draw a land for the rest of this game. I end of turn a Goblin Lackey in. In response to the vial trigger moving up I put the Skirk Prospector in on my upkeep and drew a Goblin Ringleader. Bashing in with Goblin Lackey I put in a Siege-Gang Commander. My opponent decided to race me fully and just swing out with the team. I get him to 10 on my math but if memory serves I had way more than 10 power on board. I wish I had gone first.

Now here is the dumb part. I am so much in the habit of not having grave hate thanks to the B/R Warren Instigator lists I've been playing I literally forgot to board in Relic of Progenitus. Please, Please, Please don't do not if you are playing against Deathrite Shaman and Tarmogoyf. I literally have the following written down in my notes, in full caps: "RELIC- WOW that was stupid." with an arrow pointing at my sideboard choices. Wear // Tear was for his sideboard Umezawa's Jitte and Engineered Plague.

Game 2 - I use Wear // Tear to blow up a turn 2 Sylvan Library and then we play a really long and grindy game where I got him to 12 or so before the Tarmogoyf. I did not see a Goblin Matron or Goblin Ringleader this game.

2-2-0

Round 5 - Sneak and Show
    I was aware he was playing Sneak and Show. I also know this opponent tends to go on tilt easily.
    Game 1 - I kept a hand with reasonable clock and a Rishadan Port. His hand had a turn 1 Griselbrand. I board in all 3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, 2 Confusion in the Ranks, Stingscourger and Aether Vial. I take out 3 Tarfire, 2 Gempalm Incinerator, 1 Goblin Sharpshooter, Goblin Ringleader.
    Game 2 - According to my notes I pinged him to death with a smattering of small attacks. Pyroclasm. And a smidgen more of that attacking thing. Rishadan Port was very good here.
    Game 3 - I made a show of using my Goblin Matron to find a Stingscourger off of a Goblin Lackey to make it appears as if I was ready for Show and Tell for I had a Wear // Tear. He put it down without enough red to use it thanks to Rishadan Port next turn. I blew it up, he had boarded out his Force of Will. Somewhere in the middle when I thought I had him dead he Through the Breach an Griselbrand in and realized he couldn't pay the 7 or he'd be dead on my crackback even after he'd gone from 3 to 10. He went for it anyway, I assume because he thought he could find land Lotus Petal and Pyroclasm. He instead found a much scarier Show and Tell and enough ramp to cast it. I took his flying sphagetti monster with Confusion int he Ranks working with Aether Vial on 2 for Tin Street Hooligan. I killed someone with their own Emrakul, the Aeons Torn today, good feeling.

3-2-0

Round 6 - Miracles
    I once again knew my opponents deck due to scouting.
    Game 1 - I played 4 Goblin Ringleader and 3 Goblin Matron paced between Swords to Plowshares and Terminus. I board out Skirk Prospector, 3 Tafire bringing in 3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and Wear // Tear.
    Game 2 - I play a very, very similar game but at one critical turn I decide to apply pressure instead of using Rishadan Port. As a note to all of you kids out there. Don't do that. Follow your instinct. He Entreat the Angels for 3 this turn and took my life away in two fell swoops. I should note I had 3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben in hand and no white source.
    Game 3 - See game 1 with a realistic number of Goblin Matron and Goblin Ringleader.

There was a cut to top 8 here and I was the 8th seat.

Round 7 - RUG Delver (Loser get's a Natural Order from Visions)
    I suddenly remember what it's like to have to play against a random deck, as I don't know what he is on.
    Game 1 - I won this game with raw beatdown. I didn't draw a Goblin Rinleader or a Goblin Matron this game. Nothing other than that to note really. Lots of trades in combat, Tarfire was cast. Good times. I boarded out Skirk Prosector, Goblin Sharpshooter, 2 Tin Street Hooligan, Tarfire and I boarded in 3 Relic of Progenitus and 2 Pyrokinesis.
    Game 2 - He struggles really hard to find a creature but I struggle hard to retain a board against Lightning Bolt and Rough. One play I noted was when I swung with Goblin Lackey and he very quicly replied "it hits." I took this as a subtle cue to mean he had Rough // Tumble. I already had 4 power on board, so I held back. I was rewarded with being right and he Rough // Tubmle my board away. I have him at aproximately "Very Dead." when he decides to Ponder. He was so surprised by those 3 cards he showed them to me. 3 Tarmogoyf. One by one they come down and I don't see a Relic of Progenitus.
    Game 3 - I have total board control this entire game thanks to 2 early Relic of Progenitus and a Pyrokinesis which killed 2 flipped Delver of Secrets. The game ended with his empty hand and me casting Tarfire 3 times in a row to the dome.

7-2-0

Round 8 - Death and Taxes (Loser get's a Rishadan Port)
    Game 1 - The ideal game plan against Stoneblade is to kill Stoneforge Mysic to slow the process down, break the equipment, and bash. I did that this game. I board out 4 Goblin Lackey and I board in 3 Pyrokinesis and Wear // Tear.
    Game 2 - I destroyed a Phyrexian Revoker (on Gempalm Incinerator) with Wear // Tear, Wear // Tear a Sword of Fire and Ice, and Tin Street Hooligan an Ethersworn Canonist which allowed me to bash better. Pyrokinesis ate a Brimaz, King of Oreskos somewhere in there. I took him out this time but I had to actually fight through a board.

8-2-0

Round 9 - BUG Delver (Loser get's a Volcanic Island and winner get's a Mox Emerald.
    Different player than last time. I knew what list he was playing because I was sitting next to him last game.
    Game 1 - My deck works like the legends tell. Very large board. Skirk Prospector, Goblin Sharpshooter, Siege-Gang Commander, 2 Goblin Warchief amongst other things. He looked very surprised that I just comboed out on him in one random turn. He must not have known of Goblins explosive capabilities. I boarded out 4 Goblin Lackey and in 3 Relic of Progenitus and Wear Tear.
    Game 2 - We play a grindy game with me on the defense just waiting to draw a Relic of Progenitus. I didn't and I died. Noted, draw more Relic of Progenitus. I died to 2 Tarmogoyf. I board out 2 Goblin Piledriver, Tin Street Hooligan, Goblin Sharpshooter and in 4 Goblin Lackey.
    Game 3 - I must have forgotten to draw Relic of Progenitus because- I didn't do that again. I died to 3 Tarmogoyf.

8-3-0, Won a Volcanic Island.

- Afterthoughts -
    Rishadan Port is one of the best cards in the deck. I actively ported fetch lands to make them crack them early. I do not want them being able to get "extra cards" off of Brainstorm and Ponder. I was also able to Wasteland 3 fetch lands today while they were tapped on my next turn. I did not mention the Rishadan Port all that often because similar to wasteland I have grown so used to playing with them it should be assumed they get used. Turning off green sources against RUG and BUG Delver slows everything they do down. Miracles and Show and Tell actively complained about the card.

Siege-Gang Commander was strange. The game state was solidly in my favor because of both times I landed him. He cost 5 so I never tutored for him, or hard cast him. I think it would be correct to swap him for something else. I know it's wrong, but I will probably put Krenko, Mob Boss in that place. Playtesting will reveal more on that, but I don't see it as wrong to not play a "finisher" at all as of right now.

Wear // Tear is very good if you only play 1 Taiga. I would handsdown make the swap to Krosan Grip if there were 2 Taiga in the mainboard. I feel like I need 2 SB enchantment hate cards, not 1. I will probably find room for another later.

Stingsourger should be in the hate package. Goblin Matron is too good not to abuse.

I think I want 4 Relic of Progenitus, I had 3. This card is an all or nothing type of card. I will also figure out what to cut for this later.

Water Bottle. Bring one. Also bring Granola Bars or something. I felt chipper all day thanks to the box of Granola Bars and that bottle of water. I saw other people succumbing to the effects of Fatigue.

All in all, pretty sweet. Like I said, I payed 25 dollars to play an evening of Legacy in a new meta. I got way more than that.

(If I forgot something, I'll edit this post. It is time to sleep, as I am very tired.)

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Forkbeard View Post
    I got second place for the State Champions, IL, winning me a Volcanic Island. About 36 some odd people showed up, but I was hoping for more. Also I showed up with the intent to play well, not do well. Luckily I must have done some of both.

I ran a list very similar to the proposed list by Jim Davis in his article "Playing the Field." I used a Wear // Tear over the Ancient Grudge, I fear Engineered Plague. I have found I like the classic lists more than the Chrome Mox builds. Not only am I more comfortable with them I personally love me some Mogg War Marshal.

Mainboard
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Tin Street Hooligan
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Tarfire
    4 AEther Vial
    3 Mountain
    1 Taiga
    1 Plateau
    2 Arid Mesa
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard
    1 Stingscourger
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    3 Pyrokinesis
    1 Tear
    2 Confusion in the Ranks
    3 Relic of Progenitus

- Afterthoughts -
    Rishadan Port is one of the best cards in the deck. I actively ported fetch lands to make them crack them early. I do not want them being able to get "extra cards" off of Brainstorm and Ponder. I was also able to Wasteland 3 fetch lands today while they were tapped on my next turn. I did not mention the Rishadan Port all that often because similar to wasteland I have grown so used to playing with them it should be assumed they get used. Turning off green sources against RUG and BUG Delver slows everything they do down. Miracles and Show and Tell actively complained about the card.

Siege-Gang Commander was strange. The game state was solidly in my favor because of both times I landed him. He cost 5 so I never tutored for him, or hard cast him. I think it would be correct to swap him for something else. I know it's wrong, but I will probably put Krenko, Mob Boss in that place. Playtesting will reveal more on that, but I don't see it as wrong to not play a "finisher" at all as of right now.

Wear // Tear is very good if you only play 1 Taiga. I would handsdown make the swap to Krosan Grip if there were 2 Taiga in the mainboard. I feel like I need 2 SB enchantment hate cards, not 1. I will probably find room for another later.

Stingsourger should be in the hate package. Goblin Matron is too good not to abuse.

I think I want 4 Relic of Progenitus, I had 3. This card is an all or nothing type of card. I will also figure out what to cut for this later.

Water Bottle. Bring one. Also bring Granola Bars or something. I felt chipper all day thanks to the box of Granola Bars and that bottle of water. I saw other people succumbing to the effects of Fatigue.

All in all, pretty sweet. Like I said, I payed 25 dollars to play an evening of Legacy in a new meta. I got way more than that.

(If I forgot something, I'll edit this post. It is time to sleep, as I am very tired.)
    Congratulations! I too have come to the conclusion that Siege-Gang Commander often isn't necessary. Also, how do you feel about Stingscourger, versus fatties and versus other decks?

[QUOTE=Ace/Homebrew;812264]Perish kills Goyf and Mongoose better than Relic of Progenitus. In a list without I would use Relic. [/cards].

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Well, thats not true. I wrote that I would bring it in vs. Team America if I feel the urge to do so (i.e. when their deck is very "green").
    Also, I didn't write a word about how I would board vs decks that are less prominent around here (RUG/bURG Thresh, Bantblade, Jund, Rock, Maverick and the like). So if I meet them I would board Perish of course.

In my list I like Perish more than Pyrokinesis, because I have Chrome Moxen in MD. On the one side: I can ramp into Perish as early as Turn 2 (turn 2 or 3 is the essential turn vs. elves). On the other side: Chrome Mox requires me to remove a card. Pyrokinesis eats a card too. Perish doesn't. I dont want to be in that position where I can wip their board and have no cards left in hand. The card-disadvantage of CHrome Mox AND Pyrokinesis (AND Aether Vial, in some MUs) adds up to a critical degree. I dont want that to happen.
    I didn’t pay attention to your list GoboLord. I missed those chrome moxes that, as you said, amplifies the card-disadvantage in pair with Pyrokinezis.

As for the Relic – I’m here in the same camp with Olaf Forkbeard – I love this card especially in the list with 4 ports/4wastelands. Can’t really compare it to Perish because this card itself has wider scope of usability.

As for GoboLords’s final list - thing to consider – is it optimal to play chalice of the void along with 1cmc discard spells (Cabal Therapy, Thoughtsize)?

Also congratulations to you finishes guys – goblins still looks good in todays meta.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Wanted to share with you an interesting situation and I would like to hear your oppinion on that.
    The first round of the tournament I am paired against UR Delverburn.

Game 1 He mulls to 5 and I beat him one turn before he has lethal damage on board/in hand.
    Game 2 I board in 4 Chalice of the Void. My opponent leads with Goblin Guide. On my turn 1 I play Chrome Mox, Mountain and CHalice @1, which gets Dazed. Turn 2 my opponent casts Grim Lavamancer, attacks and passes. I cast another Chalice which resolves. I lose the uphill battle because my opponent casts his spells into Chalice and eats my board with Lavamancer while Goblin Guide is beating me down.
    After G2 my opponent grabs his deckbox. I pretend to use my SB again saying something about how ineffective Chalice of the Void was.

In Game 3 I draw my seven cards which were:

Woud you keep this hand? Why? Why not?
    Last edited by GoboLord; 05-20-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Oct 2012
    Italy

I would keep. The hand has a very aggressive start (turn 1 piledriver, turn 2 chieftain), and all the tools to win mid-late game. If they have a very fast start with delver and guides you'll need to matron for removal, and if they counter matron you could be in troubles. But overall the hand is very good and while chalice is a house against u/r delver i don't see myself mulling this looking to find a chalice.

Did you mull or keep? And why did you lose this game?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

I`d easily keep that hand. T1 would be Hovel, Mox removing Pilidriver, into Piledriver, then probably Chieftain (if he doesn't play Lavamacer T1). Every card you draw from that point that is not Ringleader or Vial will be very good, including lands. I'd not worry about counters either, because they probably won't have 2 (Matron and Ringleader) after board. Once you resolve one of them, the game should be yours.
    Why would you think about mulliganing that hand?
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    Congratulations! I too have come to the conclusion that Siege-Gang Commander often isn't necessary. Also, how do you feel about Stingscourger, versus fatties and versus other decks?
    I thought about it a lot. I often feel like boarding in Stingscourger against decks with Tarmogoyf / Knight of the Reliquary, but I always come to the conclusion that Goblin Piledriver or Tin Street Hooligan, or even Mogg War Marshal is more worth it. Goblin Piledriver is one of the only cards in the deck that can force a trade with a Tarmogoyf. Tin Street Hooligan straight up has 2 power, believe it or not playing him as a Goblin Piker, strangely, is an okay move. Mogg War Marshal has a similar effect in stopping Tarmogoyf on the attack with the added benefit of just always being a dude. He's subtle but his real value lies in you always maintaining a board presence. The best cut is probably Tarfire as it simply is a shock against a body. Most of these arguments go out the window when the "fatties" involved have flying and in this case I am 100% Stingscourger. Other than that you have to determine "Who's the Beatdown" for the match overall and if you are, bring him in. The card is so strongly a tempo card that if it is playing another role you are probably losing at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Woud you keep this hand? Why? Why not?
    .. I see 8 cards? Am I mistaken?

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Forkbeard View Post
    .. I see 8 cards? Am I mistaken?
    I am sorry. I checked my notes and I did NOT have a Chieftain in hand. World you still keep it?

Oct 2012
    Italy

Wow, I didn't notice there were 8 cards XD Without Chieftain the hand is more questionable, but i think i would keep anyway. You lose the initial explosiveness but still matron + ringleader + the mana to cast both (if you topdeck one more land) should be able to win the game. If a cavern was there in place of the hovel hand would be optimal....

I don't know, maybe i'm too much conservative in terms of mulliganing, but i don't see myself ever mulling a hand with 3 mana and some spells , especially if i have a turn one play, unless the matchup is very unfavourable (combo) and i absolutely need specific cards to win. Still i would be happy to know reasons to consider mulliganing and wich hand would you consider better against U/R delver , since i think this can improve my skills.

Thread Information