Page 378 of 509 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesquisher View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but why choose Boartusk Liege over Goblin Chieftan? Chieftan costs less and gives haste.
    Bigger body against EPlague maybe?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Dont die to Pyroclasm, Dont get hit by Abrupt Decay, dont die to Bolt, is better against Kinesis, is better against Plague, him + any dude is an awesome clock, he kills the opponent with Kik jiki in 1 turn if Kiki is untapped, he blocks Goose, blocks any goblin, omg so many other reasons... He is pretty darn good as a 1of.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Jan 2014
    STL

You have convinced me to include him in my sideboard.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Had another miserable night of Magic yesterday. Went 1-2 running Rw with 4 Thalia main. I lost to Team America Delver because I mulled to 4 G3, plus he got Jitte G2&3 and I didn't run Goblin-shaped artifact hate, just some Wear//Tear in the SB. I guess you should always run at least one TSH or Scrapper. Four Matrons means goblins will always be a toolbox deck so the silver bullets are worth it.
    I won the second round against a Nic Fit deck that couldn't get Punishing Grove online. Otherwise I'd have lost that too.
    R3 I played SnT. Lost G1 off if his t1 SnT into Emrakuhl, and I didn't have the Stingscourger or Matron. G2 I was trying to waste him out but he resolved SnT into omniscience. I had the wear//tear but he had the counterspell. Once again the stars did not align.

I'm really wondering now how to make the deck more consistent because I'm getting too many losses to mulligans and mana issues. The most obvious solution is dropping the splash, but then we're limited to running red cards and colorless. Hmmmm....

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Had another miserable night of Magic yesterday. Went 1-2 running Rw with 4 Thalia main. I lost to Team America Delver because I mulled to 4 G3, plus he got Jitte G2&3 and I didn't run Goblin-shaped artifact hate, just some Wear//Tear in the SB. I guess you should always run at least one TSH or Scrapper. Four Matrons means goblins will always be a toolbox deck so the silver bullets are worth it.
    I won the second round against a Nic Fit deck that couldn't get Punishing Grove online. Otherwise I'd have lost that too.
    R3 I played SnT. Lost G1 off if his t1 SnT into Emrakuhl, and I didn't have the Stingscourger or Matron. G2 I was trying to waste him out but he resolved SnT into omniscience. I had the wear//tear but he had the counterspell. Once again the stars did not align.

I'm really wondering now how to make the deck more consistent because I'm getting too many losses to mulligans and mana issues. The most obvious solution is dropping the splash, but then we're limited to running red cards and colorless. Hmmmm....

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Hi everyone, I played in my legacy local yesterday (four rounds).

Here's the list I played
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Skirk Prospector
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    2 Goblin Warchief
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Warren Weirding
    2 Tarfire
    1 Pyrokinesis
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Badlands
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Arid Mesa
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Cabal Therapy
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pyrokinesis
    1 Warren Weirding
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

R1 BUG Pod Nic fit (1-2)
    G1 He plays like a BUG control/Shardless BUG deck with a slow start until he drops a Birthing Pod into play. But I already have far too much of a board presence and finish him.
    G2 He plays Grave Titan and Deadeye Navigator and start making zombies. I try to race him with Krenko, but I'm a turn too slow.
    G3 played out like G2.

R2 Zoo (2-1)
    He played an interesting list with Lotus Cobra, Bloodbraid Elf and Eternal Witness. He managed to kill me G2, but the other games I had some removal for his creatures and some blockers. This was a fascinating matchup, involving lots of combat math, more than what is common for legacy.

R3 Shardless BUG (0-2)
    G1 was a regulat drawn-out game with him filling the board with Goyfs, DRS, Shardless Agents and more, while drawing cards with Ancestral Visions. I was chaining Ringleaders, but he managed to kill me. I missplayed here by matroning for Ringleader over Krenko, which could have won me the game.
    G2 I played Vial. He played a land. I wastelanded him and played a second Vial. He played DRS. Next turn he played a Maelstrom Pulse on my Vials and I was short on lands. I could have held the second Vial, but that would have made me more vulnerable to Abrupt Decay. I'm not sure which line was correct.

R4 I was paired against a JUND player, but he dropped, so we didn't play any games.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post

Was this at the meadery?

I gave the wInstigator deck the boot and been meaning to the test the 3 thalia white splash.

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    Was this at the meadery?

I gave the wInstigator deck the boot and been meaning to the test the 3 thalia white splash.
    hey potato you might wanna try out this build i think its really strong!!!

Iam also thinking about trying this build. really good for combo matchups and creature matchups

Land (22)
    3x Auntie's Hovel
    4x Badlands
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Cavern of Souls
    2x Mountain
    1x Swamp
    4x Wasteland

Creature (26)
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Matron
    4x Goblin Piledriver
    4x Goblin Ringleader
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter
    4x Goblin Warchief
    1x Mogg Fanatic
    1x Gempalm incinerator
    2x Stingscourger
    1x Wort, Boggart Auntie

Instant (3)
    3x Tarfire

Sorcery (5)
    4x Cabal Therapy
    1x Warren Weirding

Artifact (4)
    4x Æther Vial

Sideboard (15)
    4x Earwig Squad
    3x Pyrokinesis
    4x Skirk Prospector
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Tarfire
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    I have been thinking about this lately.
    Some facts:

(1) the deck is 95% mono red. We include splashcolors mostly for SB card (4 'splashcolored' cards in the MD is really the maximum of what what the deck can ever run and that's not even a large number).

(2) mono red decklists are just as successful as decklists with slpashcolors (which was one of the findings of my data-analysis last year). Even if you have your doubts about this fact, you will agree that splashcolors hardly change the deck's performance.

(3) we don't need our sideboard to beat most decks. In fact the only "blow-them-out" cards in our SB are dedicated to some kind of combo-deck.

These facts combined tell me that playing MonoRed is perfectly alright, even more so when you are losing games because you are unable to cast your spells. Also I believe that most non-red cards can be substituted by red or colorless cards. The cases where Rest in Peace is way better than Relic of Progenitus or Grafdigger's Cage are rare.
    ScatmanX got me thinking about switching my Rb Winstigator build (which works reliably so far) to a mono red version, just to gain some more % by not losing random games due to mana-/color-screw. Plus, a player in my area is rocking a MonoRed WInstigator list for, like one and a half year now, without regrets. I told him about losing games to opponent's Wasteland and he had no idea what I was talking about. Mono Red lists are the best thing you can do in terms of consitency.
    WHen you change your deck from multicolored to a mono-red, the MD will stay almost entirely the same (only that you have basic-mountains instead of non-basic mountains/mountains that cost you 1 life to play).
    The nut you have to crack is the SB. Here are some suggestions:

* Wear// Tear ---> Tuktuk Scrapper (Reference for multiple Tuktuk Scrappers in SB)
    * Ethersworn Cannonist/Thalia ---> Thorn of Amethyst, Chalice of the Void
    * Rest in Peace ---> Relic of Progenitus, Grafdigger's Cage

I don't know what else you are running in your SB, but making such changes will surely not cost you a single game due to 'inferior' cardchoices
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Phasing
    Jul 2013
    Seville (Spain)

Two days testing this new version and I've had problems with mana base most of games (too many lands o few lands). Yesterday, I lost against Shardless BUG 0-2/1-2 due to his Ancestral Visions. He always found the appropriate cards to kill my goblins...

I lost against Burn 0-2/1-2 too, and won against Deadguy Ale 2-0. Regards.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

How do you beat TA?

Stomping blue decks with "dead" decks, as usual.
    Sep 2010

Dusted off my Goblins after a long hiatus. Had a pretty good run in my local store, went 3-1.

List:
    Lands [20]
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Mountain
    4 Wooded Foothills
    2 Bloostained Mire
    2 Taiga

Creatures [30]
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    3 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    3 Warren Instigator
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tin Street Hooligan

Spells [10]
    4 AEther Vial
    3 Tarfire
    3 Chrome Mox

Sideboard [15]
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Pyrokinesis
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    2 Destructive Revelry
    1 Boartusk Liege

Simple list. Simple gameplan.

Matches:

Death and Taxes [2-0]
    G1: Won the roll, started with Mountain -> Lackey -> Go. He starts with Karakas into Mom. I Gempalm the mom and connect with Lackey, dropping Chieftain. He drops Stoneforge Mystic, fetching Jitte. I lay my third land, cast Piledriver, attack for 11, he doesn't block. He drops Rishadan Port, and passes. I Tarfire his Stoneforge EOT, he activates it, bringing the Jitte. I drop another Chieftain for my turn and he concedes, as his lone Swords to Plowshares can't stop my 8+ damage attack.

SB: +3 Pyrokinesis -3 Lackey

G2: He mulligans to 5 with a sad face, probably kept a bad hand and didn't want to mulligan further. He starts with Wasteland into AEther Vial. I play fetch -> Taiga, Chrome Mox imprinting Matron and Tin Street Hooligan his AEther Vial, he shows his hand of Mirran Crusader, Serra Avenger and Mangara and concedes. Pretty early gg, he could have dragged the game longer searching for double plains. Well, I'll take what I can.

Team America [2-1]

G1: He won the roll, starts with Fetch -> Sea -> Deathrite. I play Cavern of Souls -> AEther Vial. He goes Bayou, Thoughtseizes and takes my Warchief, drops a Tarmogoyf. I play Taiga into Piledriver in my second turn, ticking my Vial to 1. He Abrupt Decay my Vial, and starts bashing with Goyf. I can't find a third land, so I play another Piledriver. He Wastes my Taiga, drops another Goyf and I concede.

SB: +2 Pyrokinesis +1 Boartusk Liege -1 Tin Street Hooligan -2 Siege-Gang Commander

G2: I start with Mountain into Chrome Mox into Instigator. He starts with Thoughtseize taking my Ringleader. I topdeck another Ringleader like a champ, and attack with Instigator -> Ringleader -> Chieftain. I also Wasteland his Bayou. He drops a fetch, passes. I play Lackey, attack with everything, he fetches a Sea and Brainstorms in response, he can't find anything useful and concedes.

SB:+2 Siege-Gang Commander -2 Lackey

G3: He starts with fetch -> Sea -> Delver. I play Chrome Mox imprinting Warchief, play Wasteland, Tarfire his Delver, Waste his Sea. He draws and passes without a land drop. I play Mountain, pass. He draws, still no land drop, pass. I play Matron and he Forces it. He draws again, no land, pass. I play Chieftain and a Lackey that I just topdecked and attack, connecting into Piledriver. He finally gets a fetch -> Sea and cast Ponder. I attack with everything again, leaving him at 4 life. He plays Bayou and drops Tarmogoyf, but I still have 4+ power after blocks, so he concedes.

Lucky me, I guess.

T.E.S (Bryant's latest list) [0-2]

Not so lucky, meh. But I was confident that my Chalices and Traps would to the trick.

G1: He won the roll and started with Gemstone Mine -> Ponder. I mulligan to 5 (5 land hand, then 1 land with double Siege-Gangs) and start with Mountain -> Lackey -> Go. He plays fetch into Sea, plays Brainstorm, put 2 cards back. Drop double Lion's Eye Diamond, and play another Probe, but respond his Probe by cracking the LED's (3 Red, 3 Black). Cast AD Nauseam from 15 life (1 black on pool, 1 Gemstone untapped). He flips 10~12 cards and goes to 5 life, but it's more than enough for the win.

SB: -3 Tarfire -2 Gempalm Incinerator -1 Stingscourger +4 Chalice +2 Mindbreak Trap

G2: I keep a good hand with Mindbreak Trap and Instigator for turn 2. Play land, go. He plays Lotus Petal, fetch -> Sea, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual (should have countered this, but I'm eager to Trap his Infernal Tutor, or something like that), and Duress. Shit. He takes my MBT and cast Ad Nauseam with his 5 mana. He drops to 2 life after flipping Empty the Warrens, but he has enough LEDs and Petals to build 15 storm and finish with a nice Tendrils.

Sneak and Show [2-0]

G1: He mulligans to 6, and has a pretty smile in his face. I keep my bad 7 (no turn 1 play). I start with Cavern -> Go. He started with City of Traitors -> Lotus Petal -> Show and Tell. He drops Emrakul, I drop Matron fetching Stingscourger. I play Mountain and cast uncounterable Stingscourger, he sighs. He drops Mountain, sacrificing his City and pass. I play a turn 3 Chieftain and bash. He drops Ancient Tomb, pass. I topdeck Piledriver (already had in my hand) and play them both. He FoWs one, since I don't have 2 Cavern of Souls. Attack for a lot. He finally gets a Island, and cast Ponder, but concedes, as he was facing lethal for next turn.

SB: +4 Chalice of the Void +1 Boarktusk Liege -3 Tarfire -2 Gempalm Incinerator

G2: He plays fetch -> Volcanic Island, Ponder, shuffle, draw, pass. I Wasteland his Volc. He plays another Volcanic pass. I Waste his Volcanic. He plays Ancient Tomb, pass. I play AEther Vial. He plays another Ancient Tomb, pass. I play Warren Instigator, he Forces it. He draws and pass. I play another Instigator, resolves. He draws, play Island, Brainstorm, pass. I tick my vial to 3, draw Matron. Vial Warchief, play Matron, resolves, fetch Ringleader. Attack for 5, Instigator -> Ringleader -> Siege-Gang Commander. He fetches again for Mountain and play Sneak Attack (taking 2 from Tomb), going to 11 life. I attack for 10 with my board, then sacrifice goblins to Siege-Gang to seal the deal.

All in all, good run. I was really lucky against manascrew opponents and that clutch Stingscourger against Show and Tell. There were also 2 GW Mavericks and 2 Deathblades on the field, but I didn't pair with them, lucky me again (btw, luck is 50% of Goblins gameplan nowdays).
    Let your Dredge 6 be: Narco, Narco, Narco, Bridge, Bridge, Dread Return

Phasing
    Jul 2013
    Seville (Spain)

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    How do you beat TA?
    Some advices:
    - That deck runs around 19 - 20 lands, so attack its mana base with Tarfire (to kill DRS) and Wasteland / Rishadan Port is quite effective (Underground Sea / Tropical Island over Bayou).
    - On the one hand, if they play TNN, I usually search for Goblin Piledriver to attack him. On the other hand, if they run Tombstalker, it's a good idea to search your Stingscourger and bounce it.
    - Krenko it's quite good too.
    - You should play Relic of Progenitus and Boartusk Liege in G2/G3.

Regards.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

The common TA decks don't actually run that many green sources - the classic manabase includes like 2 Bayou 1 Trop for green, so you can abuse that if you do a good job at killing DRS. Keeps the Goyfs out of play and leaves smaller time windows for blowing up your Vials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Jan 2014
    STL

http://mythicspoiler.com/m15/cards/hammerhand.html ??? Cavern > Lackey > Chrome Mox > Hammerhand?

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesquisher View Post
    http://mythicspoiler.com/m15/cards/hammerhand.html ??? Cavern > Lackey > Chrome Mox > Hammerhand?
    Hammerhand is indeed best when you put it under a Chrome Mox.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Jan 2014
    STL

Haha well it was a thought.

Jan 2014
    Québec

So, yet nothing worthy for us in the next set?

Oct 2012
    Italy

Absolutely nothing.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    Absolutely nothing.
    Well Mountain got a reprint. If you were hurting for some of those the price should drop.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Thread Information