Page 423 of 509 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Or, or, or... try to fit it in Dirty Kitty, anyone?

But seriously, this card has potential!
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Or, or, or... try to fit it in Dirty Kitty, anyone?

But seriously, this card has potential!
    That was one of the first competitive decks I ever built! Loved that quasi-combo.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

I remember this video, right in the feels.

Hi guys,

I'm going to a decent size legacy tourny this sunday with this list:

Core: 29
    4 ringleader
    4 matron
    4 lackey
    4 instigator
    4 warchief
    2 Chieftain
    2 Piledriver
    2 MWM
    1 Stingscourger
    1 TSH
    1 Krenko

Spells 8
    4 vials
    3 tarfire
    1 pyro
    2 cabal therapy

mana 21
    6 fetches
    5 mountain
    2 badlands
    1 taiga
    1 pendlehaven
    3 wasteland
    3 chrome mox

SB 15
    2 Cabal T
    3 the change permanent enchantement when it enters play ... can't remember name...
    3 leyline of the void
    1 gravediggers cage
    3 surgical extr
    1 gempalm
    2pithing needle

All thoughts/pointers aremost welcome.
    (can't get warren w or earplug before sunday so that's why they're not in the list)

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Confusion in the ranks

Jan 2013

And in the forums apparently!

Jan 2013

4-2 today with little green boogers. Technically 3-2 because i had a bye. Don't care! Still counts.

Beat Maverick, MUD, & Burn
    Lost: Elves, & BUG.

lots of fun, 10/10 would play again.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    4-2 today with little green
    Give us something more! List and details =)
    I only managed to play once this year. This is all I have...
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Turkeys Legacy (GOBble Gobble...get it?)

Lands
    4x Wasteland
    4x Arid Mesa
    3x Mountain
    3x Cavern of Souls
    3x Rishadan Port
    2x Plateau

Artifacts
    4x Aether Vial
    2x Umezawa's Jitte
    3x Lotus Petal

Instant
    2x Tarfire

Honorary Turkey
    2x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Turkeys
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Matron
    4x Goblin Ringleader
    3x Goblin Warchief
    3x Goblin Piledriver
    3x Warren Instigator
    1x Kiki Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1x Krenko, Mob Boss
    1x Goblin Settler
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter
    1x Stingscourger
    1x Skirk Prospector

SB
    1x Shrieking Mogg (Currently testing)
    2x Rest In Peace
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    2x Containment Priest
    2x Blood Moon
    2x Phyreixan Revoker
    2x Chalice of the Void
    2x Wear//Tear

I have really been enjoying this build. It has a lot of interaction and is really good at getting out of sticky situations (like Moat). I also have been able to deal with most decks with an explosive start with lotus petals and Warren Instigator, Thalia, Double Lackey or Lackey Vial. Also sideboarding is quite good, though I'm still testing out Blood Moons and the Mogg. Let me know what you think!

Playtesting

D&T
    Game 1:
    Turn 1: Lotus Petal, Cavern, Warren Instigator
    Turn 2: Wasteland, Swing and connect. Put in Kiki Jiki, Krenko
    Turn 3: Mountain, Goblin Matron finds Tarfire. Clear space and Kiki Jiki clone Winstigator. Opponent concedes.

Game 2:
    There was a moat played about turn 5. I was able to resolve Krenko and make about 20 goblins before he was plowed. Played Skirk Prosepector and Goblin Sharpshooter and combo'd out.

Still playtesting. So it has been fun.
    Last edited by GoblinTurkey; 03-16-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Jan 2013

Probably got most this wrong/forgot but. Spoke with JRW1985 before the tournament a little bit. Both discussing our various variations of hot garbage goblins. Here's my explanation of how I punted hardcore.

4 matron
    4 lackey
    4 ringleader
    4 vial
    3 warcheif
    2 cheiftain
    3 MWM
    3 piledriver
    1 Tuktuk
    1 Earwig Squad
    3 tarfire
    2 cabal therapy
    1 warren weirding

5 mountain
    2 badlands
    4 bloodstained Mire
    2 wooded foothills
    4 cavern
    4 wastelands

-------------------

SB
    4 chalice of the void
    2 perish
    2 relic of my genitals
    1 grafdiggers cage
    2 thoughtseize
    1 cabal therapy
    2 pryrokenesis
    1 engineered plague

Games:

Round 1

Game 1. Elves!

I knew the guy from just about every area tournament, I know he plays at a high level. I know he is usually on storm. Naturally I lose the die roll and Mull to 5.
    Game 1 goes to him doing various amounts of bullshit with his elves before natural ordering in a giant Hoofer.

- a whole bunch of sutff + damn near the whole sideboard that isn't discard.
    Game 2

I mull to 6 (figures right?) Drop an engineered plague. We're on to game 3.

Game 3. See game 1.

Round 2.
    Bye

I watch my buddy Andrew play mono red sneak attack and win turn 2 & 3 of his games.

Round 3

BUG

Game 1. I get double wastelanded, and triple stifled. His TNN & Goyfs take care of me.

Game 2. He durdles.... A LOT. Meanwhile i setup 2 vials and proceed to drop goblin after goblin. His DRS starts to really hit me hard, he get 2 goyfs which slowly eat chump blockers. I drop all 4 ringleaders in the process and end out grinding him out when he goes to alpha strike me, leaving me at 3 health. Sorry bud, DRS only deals 2!

game 3. I keep a 1 lander, he forces my vial, and wastes my land. didn't draw another one.

Round 4

Maverick.

Game 1
    This match-up is a blow out for me. I just ran him the fuck over with an army of piledrivers and chieftans.
    Game 2
    He manages to get 2 Knight of the Reliquary out, I keep dropping MWM in his way until I pull this off: Waste his Dryad Arbor, Cast Warren Weirding, making him sac a Knight, blow up Relic of Progenitus, tarfire his other knight. He scoops.

Round 5.

Burn

Game 1. Remember to read your cards before you come to a tournament kids. He goes turn 1, goblin guide, I drop a lackey and pass back. He suspends a rift bolt, swings with the guide again. I attack with lackey leaving 2 lands up, trigger, drop a ringleader. get 3 gobbos. He then chain lightnings me on my end step. So i pay the 2, copy the spell and burn his goblin guide. I still lost this match to one cubic fuckton of face burn, but he looked rather annoyed he forgot this detail of the card.

Game 2. I drop a turn 2 chalice and proceed to play goblins through it. He loses

Game 3. I drop an early chalice again and have to win via 2 MWM tokens. It took 10 turns but, got there!

Round 6

Knowing very well I cannot place at this point, I'm just playing for shits.

MUD

Game 1, I lackey. He metalworkers. I tarfire, he stares at me not realizing that's a card. I drop the ringleader beats backed up by double wasteland, and I ended up earwig squadding his remaining metalworkers away. which seems okay if you ask me.

Game 2, He drops a contagion engine on me. That card is good with 5 cloudposts.deck

Game 3, The only game that discard ever played a part. I turn 1 thoughtseized away his metal worker, wasted his non city of traitors land, cabal therapied his hand away from there. Mud has a huge issue drawing threats sometimes. If you peal all of them out his hand, he cant win. I win with 2 copies of piledriver beating face.

I just drop from here, I smell bad, I'm hungry, I need to do laundry. I say bye to everyone and take my leave.

What I've learned: Goblins are still fun, Goyf is still a cunt, and fuck stifle.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Burn

Game 1. Remember to read your cards before you come to a tournament kids. He goes turn 1, goblin guide, I drop a lackey and pass back. He suspends a rift bolt, swings with the guide again. I attack with lackey leaving 2 lands up, trigger, drop a ringleader. get 3 gobbos. He then chain lightnings me on my end step. So i pay the 2, copy the spell and burn his goblin guide. I still lost this match to one cubic fuckton of face burn, but he looked rather annoyed he forgot this detail of the card.
    I didn't realise chain lightning was an instant
    Last edited by Stevestamopz; 03-16-2015 at 03:11 AM.

Jan 2013

I guess the main point was i chained his goblin guide. Which he just expected me to take 3 damage on the chin like everyone else had that day.
    Last edited by potatodavid; 03-16-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

I guess the main point was i reclained his goblin guide. Which he just expected me to take 3 damage on the chin like everyone else had that day.
    Yeah i understood that, but you and your opponent both missed that Chain is a sorcery and cannot be cast in anyones end step.

Jan 2013

It's possible that it was his main phase and I just remembered when it was played incorrectly. Long story short. Don't play chain to someone has 2 open mountains.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

I played in the same tourney Dave did yesterday. 72 player SCG Super IQ. It was a great tourney. Unfortunately I only went 4-3, losing to Elves, Omnitell, and muthafucking Energy Field. Energy Field!?!?! Legacy is one hell of a format. I did manage to win against BUG Delver, DnT, ANT, and Infect, so that was cool.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    I played in the same tourney Dave did yesterday. 72 player SCG Super IQ. It was a great tourney. Unfortunately I only went 4-3, losing to Elves, Omnitell, and muthafucking Energy Field. Energy Field!?!?! Legacy is one hell of a format. I did manage to win against BUG Delver, DnT, ANT, and Infect, so that was cool.
    Can you give a little report? Energy Field sucks, but either you drew poorly or he had a terrific lock... Which 75 did you play?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post

Your win against bug delver was amazing. Just proving how double wasteland is just devastating.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Round 3

BUG

Game 1. I get double wastelanded, and triple stifled. His TNN & Goyfs take care of me.

Game 2. He durdles.... A LOT. Meanwhile i setup 2 vials and proceed to drop goblin after goblin. His DRS starts to really hit me hard, he get 2 goyfs which slowly eat chump blockers. I drop all 4 ringleaders in the process and end out grinding him out when he goes to alpha strike me, leaving me at 3 health. Sorry bud, DRS only deals 2!

game 3. I keep a 1 lander, he forces my vial, and wastes my land. didn't draw another one.
    This game is a prime example of why I want Carpet of Flowers in my SB. It's meant exactly for this MU (and for Stone Blade decks).
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    This game is a prime example of why I want Carpet of Flowers in my SB. It's meant exactly for this MU (and for Stone Blade decks).
    I feel its a very winnable MU with the list I am running. SOOOO MUCH HATE. I just was making poor choices. Carpet would have been pretty good though.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Tournament Report - StarCity Games Super IQ - 72 players

4 Vial
    4 Lackey
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    4 Warchief
    4 Piledriver
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    2 Tin-Street hooligan
    2 Tarfire
    1 Stingscourger

4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 Taiga
    2 Mountain
    5 fetch

Sideboard
    2 Chalice of the Void
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Ashen Rider
    1 Grafdiggers Cage
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter

Card Choice:
    4 Piledriver and 2 SGC are my answer to combo.
    2 TSH so I never lose to Jitte. I wish we could play TSH without a G splash. Tuktuk is too much bad. Sooo much bad. But I like G splash for KGrip so I'm ok with TSH.
    4 Gempalm because when I see a bunch of Gempalms in my graveyard at the end of a game I usually just won.
    2 Tarfire - I wish I could be comfortable playing just 1 Tarfire and 1 or 2 Pyrokinesis Maindeck. I feel like we need Tarfire though. Sometimes you just gotta shock some shit. And its a Goblin. But it's sooooooo bad against combo. So dead. Also pretty dead against control.
    Pyrokinesis - I like 2 in the board because I know 2 isn't too many. 3 seems like it could be too many. The only deck I'm bringing in 3 against is Elves. I don't think you even want 3 against DnT. You definitely don't want 3 against Delver decks.
    Sharpshooter in Sideboard - it's soooo bad against combo and control. But it probably should have been main since half the decks out there still run mostly x/2s.

R1 BUG Delver
    G1 was back and forth but I grinded it out.
    G2 I was able to kill an unflipped Delver and a 2/3 Goyf (only land and instant in the GY). Just a friendly reminder that Goyf, by some freaky rule within a rule, checks on cards in graveyards before it checks on damage, so Goyf counts the Tarfire, Gempalm or Pyrokinesis in the yard before it checks how much damage is on it. Anywho, despite that miraculous Pyro I still managed to lose this game.
    G3 T1 he played Trop and passed. I wasted it. He played another trop and passed. I wasted again. He never did anything else.
    1-0

R2 Miracle Helm
    G1 Energy Field! Later, Rest in Peace hit the table. Scoop.
    G2 Energy Field + Greater Auramancy >>> 2 KGips in sideboard. :(

R3 ANT
    G1 I lose
    G2 I play Chalice @ 1, then put on a clock. MbT in hand too.
    G3 He durdles, I play Lackey. He durdles, I cheat in Warchief, cast Piledriver and TSH. He plays LED and Tutor, cracks LED, and grabs As Nauseum, then casts it off four lands. I point out that it's T3 and he has 4 lands in play. My opponent is apologetic. I call a judge to see how to proceed. The judge initially says that we haven't maintained the game state and Ad Nauseum will resolve since we can't rewind the game state to whenever the 4th land came into play since neither of us can remember when the 4th land came down. I argue that Ad Nauseum should be in his hand since it was his Tutor target. The Judge asks me if I want to appeal. I say something like "Yes, I would like his Ad Nauseum to not resolve." I cannot believe that the first judge thought Ad Nauseum should respond. He was going to say that my opponent got to keep his 4th land and resolve Ad Nauseum when everyone knew it was turn 3 (I had 2 lands in play and a third in my hand). What a fucking jackass. Seriously, thinking back on it the dumbass Judge basically gave my opponent permission to cheat and nearly handed ME a gameloss by thinking Ad Nauseum should resolve. Anywho, I appealed to the head judge who said the game should be rewound. The 4th land would go to the graveyard (since it should have been discard to LED) and Ad Nauseum would go in my opponent's hand. We both received warnings for failure to maintain the game state. That doesn't bother me one bit. I don't think my opponent received any more of a warning than I did. On my T3 I attacked him to 2. He drew a ritual and died to Ad Nauseum next turn.
    2-1

R4 OmniTell
    G1 Lost
    G2 had the KGrip in hand but no G mana when SnT happened.
    2-2

Went to the bar next door with a couples players I had never hung out with before outside of a card shop. Drank a tall hoppy beer. It was awesome.

R5 Death and Taxes
    G1 I knew my opponent was on DnT. A little lit from the beer I looked at my opening hand and saw Tarfire, MWM, Gempalm, and 4 lands, and thought, 'Get There!' I used Tarfire to kill his early stuff, MWM to create chump blockers, Gempalm to get rid of a Thalia, then drew into enough of the right stuff to keep my opponent in check.I stabilized and took over the board while at 3 life, then I turned to corner and took the game over for the W.
    G2 was pretty good. I sandbagged a Pyrokinesis for a very long time, and the moment he gave me an opening I killed 2 of his creature, which happened to be 2 Moms. I got too far ahead after that.
    3-2

R6 Infect
    G1 I killed his creatures and controlled his manabase.
    G2 Sharpshooter made an appearance, forcing my opponent to Invigorate defensively. I had enough blockers that he couldn't get any more damage through.
    4-2

R7 Elves
    I realllllllllly wanted to win out and go home 5-2. Didn't happen. Without Sharpshooter in the main I didn't have much of a chance. The only way to win is to Get the play, lead with lackey, have spot removal for their blocker, then cheat Lackey in. That is not how any of these games went down.
    G1 I kept a most unfortunate hand of Waste and Port and Vial. I never saw a colored land source. This did work to my advantage though as my opponent thought I was on DnT. Props to all the players sitting around me that heard my opponent state as such. They all KNOW that I play Goblins, and none of them let that cat out of the bag.
    G2 was much like game 1. Even though my opponent sideboarded for Death and Taxes and everyone had a good laugh when I played T1 Lackey I still couldn't control his board enough to keep him from going off. No Pyro or Sharpshooter this game.
    4-3

Changes I would make: Sharpshooter and 1 Pyro would go into the MD. Cut 1 Tarfire MD. Move 1 TSH to the sideboard. Cut Carpet of Flowers from the sideboard (maybe). I've also just been considering the B splash recently. Why, you ask? Because discard is good against everything. You can play it against any deck. Being reactive it too color intensive. You need green to kill enchantments but white to fight combo and graveyards. Well fuck it, just play black and hit those cards from their hands. I think I'm going to start trying that out for a while.

Excellent tournament.

Thread Information