Page 426 of 509 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: [Deck] Goblins

If Maverick is a big thing in your meta:

Krenko, Mob Boss

Overwhelm them, put pressure on them, take care of equipment. It won't be easy, but that's how I used to play them.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i haven't played goblins in years, so forgive me if anyone has tested this already. i just had this idea which could be cool.

has anyone tried playing with some maindeck dack fayden(s) instead of adding white for thalia, or black for discard.

this would allow you to take control of the equipment that is normally very troubling for goblins, force miracles players to play around you manipulating their draw (poorly, but still relevant), and giving you additional draws per turn. (there also might be some other artifacts worth taking, but i'm not familiar enough with goblins current bad matchups)

the last thing that seems really cool with dack fayden is his ultimate + pyrokinesis. it seems like it could be extreme overkill, so i'm not sure how useful that would be, but it seems super fun.

it would also allow you to run blue in your sb for flusterstorm which might catch your opponent off guard if you haven't drawn a vial/lackey on turn 1.

anyway, like i said - i don't play the deck anymore, but i would be interested in constructive feedback.

-Rob
    -rob

Jan 2014
    Québec

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    [...]dack fayden[...]
    -Rob
    Like many non-gobbo cards, his main problem is that it can't be fetched and can't be "uncounterable" via CoS or Vial. The low cost is interesting, there is some nice abilities, but... meh.
    Goblin lists are so tight that not a lot of that fit inside them... We have a really high manacurve, that is balanced with Vial and Lackey, and in a smaller measure by Warchief (aided in some lists with Winstigator and Chrome Mox), and anything that is not a goblin and is costing more than two mana has to be REALLY powerful to be considered.

IMO, Dack doesn't fit. Some may prove me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    i haven't played goblins in years, so forgive me if anyone has tested this already. i just had this idea which could be cool.

has anyone tried playing with some maindeck dack fayden(s) instead of adding white for thalia, or black for discard.

this would allow you to take control of the equipment that is normally very troubling for goblins, force miracles players to play around you manipulating their draw (poorly, but still relevant), and giving you additional draws per turn. (there also might be some other artifacts worth taking, but i'm not familiar enough with goblins current bad matchups)

the last thing that seems really cool with dack fayden is his ultimate + pyrokinesis. it seems like it could be extreme overkill, so i'm not sure how useful that would be, but it seems super fun.

it would also allow you to run blue in your sb for flusterstorm which might catch your opponent off guard if you haven't drawn a vial/lackey on turn 1.

anyway, like i said - i don't play the deck anymore, but i would be interested in constructive feedback.

-Rob
    I've toyed around with the idea of playing Dack Fayden in Goblins, but it would require an expected metagame with a lot of decks where stealing an artifact is good. It would also be in the sideboard, not maindeck, in place of other artifact hate slots. Regular Goblins lists don't have many ways to abuse the loot ability either. We can play Cabal Therapy, or even Wort/Patriarch's Bidding/Boggart Birth Rite, but it's just way too cute. I do like Flusterstorm on the other hand as it's a card you bring in versus most combo decks that also happens to stop the cards you care about out of Miracles. It also works well with Chalice of the Void, giving you a pretty good disruption suite vs storm, among other decks. Without black you'd be weaker to equipments and TNN though, which isn't where I wanna be right now.

Also, went 2-2 today. Beat Punishing Zoo and BUG Delver. Lost to Patriot Delver and Bant Twelvepost! Had no business winning some of those games. Things might have gone differently vs Patriot Delver if we'd had more time, but as it was I rushed through g3 without sideboarding in between g2 and g3.

Messed up by forgetting to play around Crop Rotation with my Wasteland when I should have waited until his upkeep. I will just have to keep jamming games until that becomes second nature I guess. But the Bant Twelvepost deck looked really sweet (white for Terminus). I have a larger but more laid back tournament coming up in two weeks, and then the second SCV open two weeks after that, so I will need to come to some real conclusions about the deck and figure out what changes I want to make etc.

Oh, I also got to Jester's Cap my BUG opponent's only three green sources with Earwig Squad. ^^

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpiledriver View Post
    What do you guys think about the maverick matchup? I've always struggled with it. D&T usually feels favorable but it's mutated green cousin is trickier. Removing a mother of runes is more complicated because of things like scryb ranger, and taking blows doesn't work because knight is too big.

What sideboard and mainboard plans do you take against maverick (non-punishing)
    http://blip.tv/scglive/scg-atlanta-l...tevens-6372498

;)

Well, the Maverick match-up has gotten harder since they now rock with Deathrite Shaman in the main, and Zealous Persecution and Abrupt Decay in the side, so its a little different. Sharpshooter is great in this match-up. Krenko is also great as long you you save a Wasteland to deal with Karakas.

Feb 2015
    Seattle, WA, USA

Sorry for reposting, but no one responded to it when I asked the first time. I got a playset of Instigators and I'm looking to build Goblins. Is the Winstigator list in the first page still accurate?
    "Move swift as a wind, stay silent as a forest. Strike fierce as a fire, be stalwart as a mountain."

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
    Sorry for reposting, but no one responded to it when I asked the first time. I got a playset of Instigators and I'm looking to build Goblins. Is the Winstigator list in the first page still accurate?
    Yes.
    This is a good point to start from.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Great match, thanks for the vid (although the video player is abysmal through my phone. Took over an hour to watch that match)

I wish my maverick opponents didn't always nut draw me. Seems like they always have mom, stoneforge, and swords in hand plus a mindcensor for when they drop their equipment EoT

I think I want to go back to playing a siege gang commander for a while. He's been out of my list for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    I've toyed around with the idea of playing Dack Fayden in Goblins, but it would require an expected metagame with a lot of decks where stealing an artifact is good. It would also be in the sideboard, not maindeck, in place of other artifact hate slots. Regular Goblins lists don't have many ways to abuse the loot ability either. We can play Cabal Therapy, or even Wort/Patriarch's Bidding/Boggart Birth Rite, but it's just way too cute. I do like Flusterstorm on the other hand as it's a card you bring in versus most combo decks that also happens to stop the cards you care about out of Miracles. It also works well with Chalice of the Void, giving you a pretty good disruption suite vs storm, among other decks. Without black you'd be weaker to equipments and TNN though, which isn't where I wanna be right now.

Oh, I also got to Jester's Cap my BUG opponent's only three green sources with Earwig Squad. ^^
    Well if you had volcanics in the deck, adding daze might be cool, no?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    What about Lands? Does it nesessary to run Blood Moon if they have 1 forest, 4 Mox Diamond and 4 Krosan Grips after sb?
    I've found that GY hate is all you really need against Lands. And Blood Moon is obviously great against them but it's just too narrow. There aren't many matches that you actually want to board Moon in against, so you're wasting SB slots by boarding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    Sharp analysis! As for graveyard hate I've been happy with 2 Relic of Progenitus, 1 Grafdigger's Cage. As you said there really isn't such a thing as overboarding versus AnT. 2 Relics make dealing with goyfs easier, and the 1st cage is a lot better than the third relic because of its usefulness against Elves! also, depending on what goyf deck we're talking about we may be at risk of overboarding with 3 relics. If you also fear Reanimator I would consider adding a fourth piece of hate (I'd like to try Extirpate vs them), but I don't think it's necessary. We have a lot of ways to deal with Dredge outside of gy-hate, and CotV and discard spells both work great against reanimator.
    3 GY slots seems about right. I'm thinking Surgical is the best right now too. You can side it against combo and recursion decks, and it is a free spell.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Anybody playing the frogtosser lately? I played a few games against my friend with burn and that little goblin speeds the deck up by a turn while also lowering our curve. Really digging the black splash with therapies and love frogtosser banneret. Currently I'm playing two frogtosser with four war chief, tempted to go down to three warchief but not sure.
    I ran Frogtosser for a while. It worked incredibly well with Earwig Squad. I never ran Cabal Therapy Maindeck with it but I wish I had. Here's what I ran, and it worked alright...

3 Waste
    3 Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 Badlands
    4 Aunties Hovel
    1 Mountain
    2 Fetch

4 Vial
    4 Lackey
    3 Piledriver
    2 Frogtosser Banneret
    4 Warchief
    3 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    3 Earwig Squad
    2 Tarfire
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Warren Weirding
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Gempalm Incinerator
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Stingscourger

SB
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Pyrokinesis
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Grafdigger's Cage

You can easily work some MD Cabal Therapies into this list. And this list was not optimal, but hitting your opponent with Earwig Squad was always worth it every time. So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sampi View Post
    Well if you had volcanics in the deck, adding daze might be cool, no?
    Counterspells without Brainstorm doesn't seem like the path to a higher win percentage.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post

Counterspells without Brainstorm doesn't seem like the path to a higher win percentage.
    Bingo. Counter slivers are terrible for a reason, and they get to play force of will too.

The path to victory involves WOTC giving us some love honestly. DNT get new toys all the time, that's how they're keeping relevant.

Merfolk does fine w/o brainstorm. The bigger issue is ringleader etc dilution issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Merfolk does fine w/o brainstorm. The bigger issue is ringleader etc dilution issues.
    Yeah this is why I hesitate to run any more than a couple non-goblins. We already have 4 vial and 23 land. Anything more than 3 non-goblins reduces your ringleader hits under 50%

Currently I keep only a single fun-of non goblin slot. Previously it was resto angel and now I'm testing collected company.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Well actually ringleader would he the reason for me to run Brainstorm in goblin. Drawing 3 non-goblin cards with Brainstorm, then putting 2 Goblins back on top and resolving ringleader after that can be read as 'draw 7 cards, put a 2/2 goblin with haste into play'
    That's not too sha by actually
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Apr 2011
    The World

Question: did anybody ever tested Eidolon as a SB-card? I vaguely remember jrw1985 running one or two a couple of months ago, if I'm not mistaken.

RGCL (GQ)

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

I have done 3-1 today.

The list:
    4 goblin lackey
    4 aether vial
    2 tarfire
    1 skirk prospector
    1 tin street hooligan
    1 stingscourger
    3 mogg war marshal
    3 goblin piledriver
    1 goblin sharpshooter
    1 goblin chieftain
    3 goblin warchief
    3 gempalm incinerator
    4 goblin marton
    1 tuktuk scrapper
    1 krenko, mob boss
    4 goblin ringleader
    1 pyrokinesis

4 cavern of souls
    4 wasteland
    3 bloodstained mire
    3 wooded foothills
    3 snow-covered mountain
    2 pendelhaven
    1 plateau
    1 taiga
    1 karakas

Sb:
    4 chalice of the void
    4 relic of progenitus
    4 containment priest
    2 krosan grip
    1 pyrokinesis

R1 vs D&T 0-2
    G1 he got fast jitte and sworg and i got nothing.
    G2 he got fast jitte and sword and i got 2 grips and tuktuk on hand but no green source as fourth mana.

R2 vs Shardless BUG 2-0
    G1 all about krenko>>>3 tarmogoyfs
    G2 he shaman, me relic, he vision, me relic+vial, he pernicious deed. In my hand i got no lands, 1 grip, goblins 3+ cost and only 2 lands in play, so i decided to use relics to protect my vial. Used first-no land, used second-no land... And finaly got wasteland from topdeck. Lucky me. So then was some deluge, ringliders into 4 cards and all the usual stuff.

R3 vs UWr Miracles 2-0
    G1 was very fast, 6-7 turns
    Sb: in: 4 chaline, 2 grips.
    G2: played first chalice, he exiled it by judgement, i played second, then attacked him, got terminus, killed jace, then attack again and again and won

R3 vs UW Stoneforge Mystic 2-1
    G1 did fast kill, again like turnes 6 or 7.
    G2 lost by my own huge misplay
    G3 he mulled to 5 cards, i played chalice and killed him easely.

So cards choise:
    With Karaks we can play Krenko 2 times in one turn or save him. Bounce Tasigar, reanimator, S&T, 20/20.
    Krenko for me is more powerfull then siege, he doesn't "kill" vial.
    3 mwm are for TA, RUG, Jund and Chieftain with Gempalm.
    2 shatter goblins are ok for me.
    4 Containment priests do a lot in our bad/not good matches like S&T, Reanimator, Dredge, Elfs. I think 4 is the right number.

If you want to ask me about something it will be great.

Regards

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Merfolk is also a terrible deck that loses more than goblins does.

But yes, counter goblins is such a bad idea for so many reasons, it's not even worth discussing. If you want to play beatdown with counters, it's called rug delver.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

@Stevestamopz

Please encourage what you think is right; Try not to give people negative connotations. Generalizations are a good way to never re-evaulate what might be good.

To be clear, I agree with you. Just not the way you said it.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Question: did anybody ever tested Eidolon as a SB-card? I vaguely remember jrw1985 running one or two a couple of months ago, if I'm not mistaken.
    Just throwing my question back in

RGCL (GQ)

Thread Information