Page 440 of 509 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by bizdoin View Post
    how would be a list with goblin recruiter?
    Not allowed?!

Quote Originally Posted by bizdoin View Post
    how would be a list with goblin recruiter?
    goblin recruiter is banned from legacy. it was before i started playing legacy, so i am not sure why.

maybe because of the charbelcher, or your ringleaders consistently drawing 4, or maybe simply "stacking your deck the way you want" seems pretty broken. these are just guesses.

(i read what i wrote, and it seems sarcastic, but it really isn't. just trying to figure out why it would be banned...)

Apr 2010
    Germany

Hello fellow Warchiefs,

I played a GPT for Lille last weekend.
    35 players , 6 rounds + Top 8
    Result: 2nd with 4-1-1 , then lost the T8 Match

The list:

MANA [23]
    4 Caverns,
    3 Wasteland,
    2 Pendelhaven
    4 Mountain
    5 Fetchlands,
    1 Plateau
    3 Chrome Mox
    1 Skirk Prospector

4 Vial
    4 Lackey
    4 Winstigator
    4 Piledriver
    3 Chieftain
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    4 Tarfire
    3 Warchief
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko

SIDEBOARD [15]
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Magus of the Moon
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Grafdiggers Cage
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

Splashing white because of Ethersworn Canonist. I am juggling with several cards for these slots but I need something that is useful against OmniTell, Storm AND Elves. Previously my plan was to Eidolon of the great Revel in these 3 slots, but since I dont own them and since Canonist Is a reasonable replacement (or Maybe even a better choice than Eidolon) I chose this one instead.
    4 graveyard hate slots were split between 2 Cage and 2 Surgical Extraction pre-white splash, but with a plateau in MD I felt like playing RIPs which I now think is wrong for what I am trying to do with my SB (beating combo decks).

Report:

ROUND 1: OmniTell
    G1 I keep a solid opener with Aether Vial and my opponent assembled a relaxed turn-4 kill via Release the Ants.

G2 I kill him on turn 4 keeping an Ethersworn Canonists in hand for his Show and Tell.

G3 I keep the following 7 and decide to keep.

~PUZZLE TIME~
    Why did I keep this Hand and what Did I do with it?
    Mountain
    Chrome Mox
    Lackey
    Lackey
    Piledriver
    Piledriver
    Matron

Round 2: Bant Blade (2-1)
    G1 he fetched himself a Batterskull early on, but my board has Develope to a critical degree by the time it Hit the ground. On the final attack step I Tarfire my own creature which got blocker by Batterskull, and pushed through the remaining 13 damage.

G2: he was able to counter my T1 Vial and remove two of my Lackeys. Then he resolved SFM and KotR while I struggle to find my 4th manasource.

G3: I dont remember how this game developed,bbut at some point I had matron, Krenko, Ringleader and Sparksmith in play. Sparksmith effectively shut down Krenko for several turns, but attacking with a 3/3 Dude was good enough. Also Sparksmith Killer SFM, Batterskull and Meddling mage in exchange for only 12 lifepoints and hence won me the game. I want to add that I fetched Sparksmith with Matron although Krenko was already on the board - this should serve as an example of how good this card is.

Round 3: Elves (0-2)
    G1 I sent back two otherwise keep able hands because I kbew what he was playing and I knew I need to be fast g1. He got himself a Behemoth on turn 3 or four.

G2: I send back 2 hands without any lands and keep Chalice, Cage, Canonist, chrome mox and some non-lackey goblin. He Walks down the beatdown Route with Jitte and concede l turn 4.

Round 4: BUG (2-0)
    He keep a 1-lander, I have a Wasteland and that's all you need to know.

G2 on turn 3 I attack into his 1/2 Goyf with my lackey and Tarfire Goyf after blockers are announced. On turn 4 I resolve Magus of the moon on an otherwise empty board and that's that.

Round 5: UWR Golddigger (2-1)
    In G1 he has a lot of lightning bomts and cantrips,but only 1 Land to play them I eventually overwhelm him.

G2 I go full aggro and swarm the board against a lonely grim lavamancer. Turns out that little guy was worth more than I expected as he only Hit the bin after taking 8 of my creatures. He quickly takes board control at 1 life and I am unable to draw 1 of my remaining 6 outs (3 Matron, 3 Tarfire)

Cant remember G3 but it was Quick and dirty.

Round 6: ID

Top 8: OmniTell (same guy as in R1)
    This time it was pay back time. In G1 I took mulligan to 6 and found myself a turn 4 kill. He However had different plans and FoWs my T1 Lackey. I am out of competitive in this game and make a bet with myself about which wincondition he would use.

G2 I have a turn 3 kill ready but get to Stare at a Spaghetti Monster cast from Hand on turn 2.

Take home messages:
    * my assumptions about the deck were correct in so far that I consider OmniTell and Elves the most difficult MUs. I have yet to find a way to improve these MU and habe several ideas,no ne of which will change the unfavorable Position we are in into a favorable one.
    * the deck performs rocksolid and can score even in field without Miracles.
    * I am happy with both of my experimental slots (Skirk Prospector instead of a Mountain; Sparksmith instead of a Tarfire) and will keep them in the MD for now.
    * after todays results and some thinking I consider the following changes to the decklist:
    MD: +1 Goblin Settler, -1 ???
    SB: +2 Surgical Extraction, -2 Grafdiggers Cage
    SB: -3 Ethersworn Canonist, +3 ???
    SB: -1 Chalice of the Void, +1 ???
    SB: +4 Pyrokinesis, +1 Goblin Sharpshooter , -5 ???

Thank you for your Kind attention, comments and questions are,as always, appreciated.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by seilaquem View Post
    goblin recruiter is banned from legacy. it was before i started playing legacy, so i am not sure why.

maybe because of the charbelcher, or your ringleaders consistently drawing 4, or maybe simply "stacking your deck the way you want" seems pretty broken. these are just guesses.

(i read what i wrote, and it seems sarcastic, but it really isn't. just trying to figure out why it would be banned...)
    Recruiter has always been banned in Legacy.

It was on a short list of cards that were banned "for being banned in Extended", at the time Legacy was created.
    It was banned in Extended in December 2003 for being too fast.
    Here is the 2003 announcement:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...e/dci20031201a

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    ~PUZZLE TIME~
    Why did I keep this Hand and what Did I do with it?
    Mountain
    Chrome Mox
    Lackey
    Lackey
    Piledriver
    Piledriver
    Matron
    You're on the draw, so do that first. But you kept the hand because you saw the potential in the 7 you started with, not because you would draw the nuts off the top...

Play Mountain, tap for Lackey.

Turn 2, draw again. Either your first draw or this draw was a land. Play the 2nd land. Play Chrome Mox, imprinting the duplicate Lackey. Swing for 1 with Lackey and drop the Matron to search for Warchief. Play Warchief. Opponent is at ~19 life.

Turn 3, draw (but it doesn't matter). Play Piledriver, Piledriver and swing for 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    You're on the draw, so do that first. But you kept the hand because you saw the potential in the 7 you started with, not because you would draw the nuts off the top...

Play Mountain, tap for Lackey.

Turn 2, draw again. Either your first draw or this draw was a land. Play the 2nd land. Play Chrome Mox, imprinting the duplicate Lackey. Swing for 1 with Lackey and drop the Matron to search for Warchief. Play Warchief. Opponent is at ~19 life.

Turn 3, draw (but it doesn't matter). Play Piledriver, Piledriver and swing for 22.
    I think I'd be tempted to go

T1 Mountain, chrome mox imprint piledriver, cast both lackeys (this way you're guaranteed to resolve one barring double force)

T2 swing, put matron into play fetch piledriver, put piledriver into play. Cast second piledriver.

T3 kill

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpiledriver View Post
    I think I'd be tempted to go

T1 Mountain, chrome mox imprint piledriver, cast both lackeys (this way you're guaranteed to resolve one barring double force)

T2 swing, put matron into play fetch piledriver, put piledriver into play. Cast second piledriver.

T3 kill
    How? You just used one Piledriver to imprint. EDIT: nevermind, I need to get some sleep.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Really good to hear how you guys are doing well!

I've lately been feeling a bit dissatisfied with 3 tarfire in the deck lately. Maybe it's because stoneblade and delver decks are a bit dormant at the moment, but it's just seemed so lacklustre. Anyway, I've cut it down to 2 copies and put an extra Siege-Gang in, as well as putting the white splash back in. Make that late game as good as possible.

Taking your guys' advice, I've changed the board up a bit too;
    3 Pyrokinesis
    3 COTV
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    3 Magus of the Moon
    2 Krosan Grip
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Take home messages:
    * my assumptions about the deck were correct in so far that I consider OmniTell and Elves the most difficult MUs. I have yet to find a way to improve these MU and habe several ideas,no ne of which will change the unfavorable Position we are in into a favorable one.
    * the deck performs rocksolid and can score even in field without Miracles.
    * I am happy with both of my experimental slots (Skirk Prospector instead of a Mountain; Sparksmith instead of a Tarfire) and will keep them in the MD for now.
    * after todays results and some thinking I consider the following changes to the decklist:
    MD: +1 Goblin Settler, -1 ???
    SB: +2 Surgical Extraction, -2 Grafdiggers Cage
    SB: -3 Ethersworn Canonist, +3 ???
    SB: -1 Chalice of the Void, +1 ???
    SB: +4 Pyrokinesis, +1 Goblin Sharpshooter , -5 ???
    Given that you consider Elves and Omnitell public enemies No 1, we could try to build a SB focusing on beating them both.
    MD Settler and / or Squad might help Omni, so i'd try to fit that. Maybe cutting 1 Vial, but then it gets tough. I'd try with only 3 Instigators I think... Don't really wanna cut anything. Maybe just have tuktuk on the SB, since you proved we can beat equip with removal and Krenko.

SB I think Canonist should stay in. It's good against both our enemies.
    Reducing number of Chalice for something more efficient against Omni makes sense.
    Surgical I don't think would be so hot since imo they would not ever go for the Release the Ants plan. Anyhow, this makes me think of getting the Karakas back MD. Probably not worth it...
    Cage is great versus Elves. Think that should be our grave hate of choice. That plus all those Kinesis and Shooter might do the trick.
    Against Omni now, maybe Wear/Tear or K.Grip might warrant some inclusion. Not bad cards by themselves either.
    With all that I'd probably try:

1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    2 Wear/Tear
    3 Pyrokinesis
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 SnT hate. Maybe Thorn (don't want to lose all my hate to Deluge or Massacre), maybe Ashen Rider, maybe ReB. You pick. - Just thought of damn Iona. That wold end the game on the spot. Since we're not looking for hate for the Sneak version or the Pact Version, Iona could be the best card against MonoU/UR Omnitell.

@T3 kill hand on the draw against Omni: Not good enough. You could have gotten a better 6 cards, maybe even a better 5 cards. Still, tuff call judging that during the tournament.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

K-grip is really good against omnitell. I won my last two matches against omni and 2 of the 4 game wins were due to k-grip. When they probe you and see grip they'll flounder and be afraid to go off for several turns. Be sure to never tap out once grip is online and always keep 1 goblin with an ETB effect in hand. If they SnT in omniscience and you don't put in a goblin with a trigger, they will have priority to free cast a second omniscience. However with a trigger, say matron, on the stack, they have to wait for it to resolve to cast their free backup omniscience, so you can k-grip with the matron trigger on the stack.

Aug 2014
    Iowa

K-grip is really good against omnitell. I won my last two matches against omni and 2 of the 4 game wins were due to k-grip. When they probe you and see grip they'll flounder and be afraid to go off for several turns. Be sure to never tap out once grip is online and always keep 1 goblin with an ETB effect in hand. If they SnT in omniscience and you don't put in a goblin with a trigger, they will have priority to free cast a second omniscience. However with a trigger, say matron, on the stack, they have to wait for it to resolve to cast their free backup omniscience, so you can k-grip with the matron trigger on the stack.
    This makes me want to splash green. Cool interaction

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Has anyone tried ember hauler recently?

I'm well aware of it's many downsides (RR + (1) to activate), but right now I'm desperate to play anything but tarfire whilst also having a similar effect.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

It's fine. The RR is the actual issue. You generally can't afford it in the Classic list. If you're really hurting for a good removal spell Swords to Plowshares saw noticeable play in Goblins some years back. If you want it to be a goblin you already know those options. Synergy versus Power yet again.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Has anyone tried ember hauler recently?

I'm well aware of it's many downsides (RR + (1) to activate), but right now I'm desperate to play anything but tarfire whilst also having a similar effect.
    I feel if you need another removal goblin then any of Gempalm/Sparksmith/Tarfire/Sharpshooter/Lightning Crafter are probably better depending on which specific scenario(s) you want it.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wooded Foothills
    6 Mountain
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Pendelhaven
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Legion Loyalist
    4 Tin Street Hooligan
    2 Taiga
    3 Warren Instigator
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Chrome Mox
    SB: 4 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 4 Mindbreak Trap
    SB: 3 Blood Moon
    SB: 3 Goblin Sharpshooter
    SB: 1 Pyroblast

I dont know, if I posted it before, but Im running this build a while now and at least on cockatrice im very successful with that list against all kind of Tier-decks.

-i cut vial, because its too slow and is not a goblin
    -legion loyalist is another neccessary 1-drop and helps in a lot of situations. no foundry token, batterskull, pyromancers, trampling piledriver etc.
    -full set of mwm, pile and incinerator for max value
    -4 tsh against all sorts of annoying artifacts, especially equipment
    -no matrons, too slow
    -2 scg and 3 instigator for best tempoplays
    -pendelhaven is huge
    -sb self explanatory
    -still not sold on that chrome mox, might try gemstone caverns.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post

4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wooded Foothills
    6 Mountain
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Pendelhaven
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Legion Loyalist
    4 Tin Street Hooligan
    2 Taiga
    3 Warren Instigator
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Chrome Mox

I dont know, if I posted it before, but Im running this build a while now and at least on cockatrice im very successful with that list against all kind of Tier-decks.

-legion loyalist is another neccessary 1-drop and helps in a lot of situations. no foundry token, batterskull, pyromancers, trampling piledriver etc.
    -no matrons, too slow
    -pendelhaven is huge
    -sb self explanatory
    So which meta you are facing? Best/worst matchup analysis? Seems insteresting, but no winstigator for settlers makes me feel sad. But i Just like this combo very much.

Very interesting build!!

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post

4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wooded Foothills
    6 Mountain
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Pendelhaven
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Legion Loyalist
    4 Tin Street Hooligan
    2 Taiga
    3 Warren Instigator
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Chrome Mox

-no matrons, too slow
    -pendelhaven is huge
    -sb self explanatory
    On cutting vial:

Your only other turn 1 play is lackey, and even as a 4 of you can't rely on having one. Playing vial on turn 1 is the opposite of slow compared to no turn 1 play at all.

Also it's the best card in vial goblins

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

On cutting vial:

Your only other turn 1 play is lackey, and even as a 4 of you can't rely on having one. Playing vial on turn 1 is the opposite of slow compared to no turn 1 play at all.

Also it's the best card in vial goblins
    Tend to agree with Goblinpiledriver.
    Games with vial and games without vial are so different. Yes it's about the worst draw you can have on turn 7 and onwards, but a turn 1 vial is usually better than a turn 1 lackey. It also lets you waste/port with impunity.

No Matron... dunno about that. It lets you go from 0-60 real fast.

So many posts, so little progress. Sorry, definetly trolling. As a lover of goblins I feel you guys are going in circles. Until a better goblin comes about you guys are fighting a tough, tough fight.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    So many posts, so little progress. Sorry, definetly trolling. As a lover of goblins I feel you guys are going in circles. Until a better goblin comes about you guys are fighting a tough, tough fight.
    I really don't like your post, but you're right to a certain degree: we definately need a new one- or two-drop which will proof relevant.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Thread Information