Page 445 of 509 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Round 1 got paired against Esper Deathblade... after I'd taken out Magus of the Moons, the 2nd Tin-Street and all Tarfires from my deck. Serrrrriously!?

No Tarfire wasn't a big deal in this matchup, but I definitely missed the 2nd Tin-Street.
    Game 1 I won after a half hour grindfest by attacking through a True-Name with a zillion goblins and 2 piledrivers that were 19/2s. 2 Siege Gang Commanders were the MVPs.

Game 2 I slogged through a million plows, 2 Zealous Persecutions, Jitte on True Name and I nearly got there until he equipped Batterskull onto True Name. After all the 1-sided wraths I was just short of having Piledriver being big enough to get through the 14 life he was gaining every cycle (7 from him attacking, 7 from him blocking). He dealt lethal damage just as time for the round was called.

Round 2 was against my friend I drove up with on Elves, and it was just an absolute disaster. I lost the die roll and was hoofed for eleventy billion on turn 3. Game 2 I resolved Chalice on 1 on my second turn, which earned itself the privilege of being Decayed on the following turn. What a swell card Abrupt Decay is.

Round 3 I got absolutely wrekt after mulling to 5 in both games by the rudest + worst BUG Delver player I have ever seen in my life. Watching him Brainstorm end of turn without a fetchland in play constantly (not that EOT Brainstorms are "good" brainstorms) was absolutely brutal. It didn't matter though because he literally had it all, including Engineered Plague. .

A disappointing result at the end of the day but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Stevestamopz; 06-25-2015 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Apr 2010
    Germany

0. Update notes

May 31st 2015
    * tournament reports are up-to-date now
    * removed 'UR Delver' from the matchup chapter

----------------------

Regarding GP Lille:

I'll stay at

Nord Hotel Lille
    48 rue du faubourg d'Arras

I'll arrive early on friday - is anyone up for a player meeting on friday?
    Last edited by GoboLord; 05-31-2015 at 03:42 PM.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    0. Update notes
    Regarding GP Lille:

I'll stay at

Nord Hotel Lille
    48 rue du faubourg d'Arras

I'll arrive early on friday - is anyone up for a player meeting on friday?
    Awesome! I don't know where I'm staying yet, but count me in on the player meeting!

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Still don't know if I will play the little Green Men, and I keep forgetting where I'm staying, but I guess I see you guys there! Looking forward to it!
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Hey fellow goblin players!

I started playing on modo last week. Since i dont want to spend alot of money on a digital deck i was going for a cheap build.
    It turned out that with something tweaking and the only expensive card being cavern of souls you can build a pretty nice deck.
    Yes i know that it is not common to play without wastelands, port en duals. And that it alsmost forbidden to play without the aether vials.
    And than i took the goblin matron out whaaaaaaaa! . I dont really play one offs so i didnt feel like needing it and it felt like it was slowing me down.
    Although i gave it shot and it turned out to be insanely fast. Turn 3 or 4 kills are not uncommon. while i can still play the longer game with ringleaders and 2 krenko's! krenko with chieftain gave me so many instant wins..
    Oke lets show u guys the build. and remember on the play you can outrun combo decks.

lands (23)
    19 mountains
    4 cavern of souls

creatures (29)
    4 goblin lackeys
    3 mogg war marshall
    4 goblin piledrivers
    4 goblin ringleaders
    4 goblin warchief
    4 goblin chieftain
    2 krenko mobb boss
    2 goblin sharpshooter
    2 stingscourger

spells (8)
    4 tarfire
    4 lightningbolt

Sideboard
    4 pyrostatic pillar (obviously vs combo but also comes in handy vs young pyromancer, and decks with a lot of cantrips
    4 relic of progentius (storm, dredge, goyf decks (you can also bring it in vs decks with DTT)
    3 tuktuk scrapper (Blade decks, mud, the decks is so fast that you can race blade decks without them, as long as you tarfire and bolt the creatures or bounce them with stingscourger (only problem here is TNN)
    4 ashen rider (omnishow, show and tell some builds of reanimator) (in a week i never boarded it in so i might change it for more gy hate or pyrokinesis)

Iam gonna test the list for a few weeks more but so far i like it alot. The mirracles matchup has become worse without the vials although the 8 hastelord still make it a decent matchup.
    It absolutley destroys bug decks. Dredge really is a nightmare, but i guess its like that with every build.

Good match ups
    Elves
    BUG
    Blade decks
    Delver decks

Bad match ups
    Dredge
    S en T decks
    Reanimator
    Lands

You guys a re probably gonna laugh but i will let you guys know my stats in a couple of weeks.

I don't understand lightning bolt and sharpshooter over vial and goblin grenade. Or some combination of instigator and fast mana. But if u really want to play aggro with sharpshooter...I'd put in skirk prospector.

Just played a game with my buddy playing affinity and what a head-ache to play. Started off attacking with war chiefs and tokens to force sacs with ravager( friend was stuck on a land with a spring-leaf drum). After trading off with creatures and post-damage burn I managed to land a sharpshooter along with skirk goblin. Damage via goblins (with haste) and skirk-shooter finally finished the job.......so satisfying, first win with those two rapscallions. I was amazed at how difficult the decisions were in piloting this deck.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Just played a game with my buddy playing affinity and what a head-ache to play. Started off attacking with war chiefs and tokens to force sacs with ravager( friend was stuck on a land with a spring-leaf drum). After trading off with creatures and post-damage burn I managed to land a sharpshooter along with skirk goblin. Damage via goblins (with haste) and skirk-shooter finally finished the job.......so satisfying, first win with those two rapscallions. I was amazed at how difficult the decisions were in piloting this deck.
    Congrats! Those decisions trees are why I love playing the deck.

Have you started playing a classic gob's list?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Congrats! Those decisions trees are why I love playing the deck.

Have you started playing a classic gob's list?
    Ya, I've actually been playing goblins on and off for the past four years. My preference has been the classic list and I'm concocting a rgw list with Thalia and tsh. I would also like some number of pyrokinesis main, any thoughts?

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Ya, I've actually been playing goblins on and off for the past four years. My preference has been the classic list and I'm concocting a rgw list with Thalia and tsh. I would also like some number of pyrokinesis main, any thoughts?
    I´ve been playing 1-2 Pyrokinesis maindeck for quite a while now. Opponents usually don't expect it G1, so sometimes you get to blow them out with it. Funnily enough it's also a worse card post board, as your bad cards in the matchup will likely have been sided out, so you have to pitch better cards. The main reasons I included the card was Death & Taxes and Elves!, both being popular decks at the time. However, with Omnitell and Miracles being the top decks, Elves! doesn't see as much play anymore. For that reason, among others, I have cut Pyrokinesis from my deck. It's still a good card, but with no way to dig/search for it, I don't think it's worth it at the moment, at least not in my list.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Going to Australia's largest yearly tournament tomorrow with the Goblins.

Same list as per, but rocking an Umie Zoomie's Jitte in the board because a much better Goblins player than myself recommended it to me. Let's hope it works out

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Same list as per, but rocking an Umie Zoomie's Jitte in the board because a much better Goblins player than myself recommended it to me. Let's hope it works out
    Good luck tomorrow! I look forward to hearing how you did. I've been thinking about trying an Umezawa's Jitte in the board, so I'm eager to hear your thoughts on it.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Порви их!(crush them all!)
    Give a link to coverage or smth

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks for the support guys

So just to preface a bit, I'm in my final semester of Law School right now, with my 2nd ever last exam on friday, so I wasn't planning on actually going to Eternal Masters Melbourne this year. The night before, I was talking to my friend Jimbo (the better Goblins player I alluded to in my previous post) about his 75 and making some finetunings. Anyway, TLDR he convinced me to come, and we both felt that Goblins would be well positioned if we could just dodge Omni. I did however make a promise that if i wasnt 3-0 after the first 3 rounds I was going to drop, because University is more important than Magic haha.

My list was
    Main:
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Piledriver
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    4 Warchief
    3 Gempalm
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Tin Street
    2 Siege Gang
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Sharpshooter
    2 Tarfire
    4 Vial
    6 Fetches
    4 Wasteland
    4 Port
    2 Taiga
    3 Mountain
    4 Cavern

Sideboard
    3 Relic
    3 Magus of the Moon
    1 Jitte
    1 Stingscourger
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Confusion in the Ranks
    3 Pyrokinesis
    So anyway the tournament.

Round 1: Omnitell(fuck).

Game 1: I win the die roll, and keep a 6 card hand of 2 warchief some non cavern lands and a piledriver. Good enough. T2 piledriver happens, T3 warchief is forced. Omni player does a lot blue bullshit and Ants me 18 times the turn before he's dead.
    Game 2: Mull to 6; Cavern, Mountain, Lackey, Piledriver, Siege Gang, Confusion in the Ranks. That's how it's done boys.
    Game 3: Mull to 3, die many turns later.

Sideboarding
    -2 Tin Street
    -2 Tarfire
    -1 Ringleader
    +2 Krosan
    +2 Confusion
    +1 Stingscourger
    1-2 Lose

Round 2: Legend Miracles
    Game 1: Skirk Prospector hits for 10 damage, Warchief and Piledriver do the last 10. Lol
    Game 2: I keep 5 lands (2 ports swayed me) Lackey and Sharpshooter. I continue to draw all the lands left in my deck and lose. The turn before I died I peeled ringleader and whiffed. Rough beatz.
    Game 3: 10 minutes left in the round as we shuffle up for Game 3. I mull to 5, get stuck on 2 lands for a while, and the game ends up with me siege ganging jace so that it won't ultimate. He izzet staticastered my tokens many times which was kinda rough. He asked me to concede... yeah no, fuck that deck.

Sideboarding
    -2 Tarfire
    +2 Krosan Grip.

I'm an idiot for not winning this one. Looking back on it now, I'm so used to playing against Ponder Miracles that I forgot how different Legend Miracles is and how different our game plan has to be against them. I completely dropped the ball on this one. :/ Also... when your Miracles opponent plays slowly, tell him to hurry the fuck up. Don't be an idiot like me and just assume we'll win and not worry about it.
    1-1 Draw.

Round 3: Bug Delver
    Game 1: He has Goyf, Goyf, Delver, True Name and Deathrite. I win. Thanks Siege Gang Commander.
    Game 2: Open a hand of Vial, 2 bloodstained mires, 1 cavern, Magus of the Moon, tarfire and pyrokinesis. Nice.
    I draw a relic for my 1st turn, and he spends the first 2 turns dazing himself off of land. My 3rd turn I play cavern, name human, opponent says "wtf" I play Magus, and his deck no longer does things. He had a flipped delver, I tarfire it and he scooped.

Sideboarding
    -4 Lackey
    -1 Tin Street
    -1 Sharpshooter
    +3 Magus
    +3 Relic
    +2 Pyrokinesis

2-0 Win.
    He was a super nice guy though, so I conceded to him and dropped from the tournament. The miracles guy from round 2 was sitting next to me, and he got super salty that I conceded to the BUG player, but not him. Lel.

As for Jimbo, he went 4-3, beating Miracles x2, Bug Delver (the guy from my round 3) and Tezzerator, and losing to Elves, DnT (I told him to play the 2nd Scrapper) and Infect, although according to him he lost the infect match due to a bad play and not any fault of the deck.

His decklist was as follows:
    Maindeck
    4 lackey
    4 vial
    3 tarfire
    2 mogg war marshal
    2 piledriver
    1 stingscourger
    4 warchief
    1 chieftain
    2 gempalm
    2 rabblemaster
    4 matron
    4 ringleader
    1 krenko
    1 tuktuk scrapper
    1 siegegang
    1 sharpshooter
    1 Prospector

4 mountain
    1 plateau
    6 r fetch
    4 cavern
    4 port
    2 waste
    1 tower of the magistrate
    Sideboard
    4 spirit of lab
    3 rip
    3 magus
    3 pyrokin
    1 jitte
    1 wear/tear

As for coverage of the event, all the Videos titled: LEGACY- Eternal Weekend are of the event. I'm not sure why they're split into three parts for http://www.twitch.tv/sneakandshow/pr...ast_broadcasts
    If you get to the semi-finals, Jimbo does the semi-finals and finals commentary, and he talks a bit about Goblins in between games.

I wouldn't change anything about the deck except for the Confusion in the Ranks. Red Blasts or Chalice of the Voids would've been much better against Omni and Combo in general. I really like the idea of Jitte, but without testing it's not clear whether it'll be a win more card or an excellent addition to the deck. Being able to go around Mother of Runes and Kor Firewalker, sounds really really good, and if they revoke our Jitte it means their Jitte isn't working either... a lot to like.
    Last edited by Stevestamopz; 06-09-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Jan 2014
    Québec

I went to a small 15-men tournament and finished 2-1-1, ending in 5th position, 2 points away from the top 4.
    I tried a few cards in RB, and went fully with it, since I'll go RW in the next tournament, just to experiment.

My list:

Creatures:
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Ringleader
    2x Goblin Chieftain
    4x Goblin Matron
    2x Goblin Piledriver
    1x Krenko, Mob Boss
    1x Grenzo, Dungeon Warren
    3x Mogg War Marshall
    3x Goblin Warchief
    1x Skirk Prospector

Removal:
    3x Tarfire
    2x Goblin Incinerator
    1x Warren Weirding
    1x Stingscourger
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

4x Aether Vial

Lands:
    6x (Fetches)
    4x Cavern of Souls
    3x Wasteland
    4x Badlands
    5x Mountain

Sideboard:
    3x Chalice of the Void
    3x Relic of Progenitus
    3x Cabal Therapy
    2x Pyrokinesis
    1x Warren Weirding
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper
    1x Earwig Squad
    1x Legion Loyalist

The tournament:

Round 1: vs Xavier, playing Maverick
    Game 1: Mulled to 6, since I had no lands in hand. Total grindfest (the game took 30 minutes), but I end up winning.
    Game 2: Mulled to 6 again... He had Knight of the Reliquary, I managed to deal with it by chump-blocking, but I made a misplay by overextending and playing Chalice @ 1, leaving with not enough mana to deal with the knight (he had Jitte, I Scrapped it but he killed the Scrapper in answer to that, and he Sworded the Matron I had left). I played the Chalice because I had a Wasteland and he had Dark Depth, but he had the Knight to fetch Thespian's Stage, and I was fearing a Crop Rotation... Welp, death by Knight.
    Game 3: With 5 minutes on the clock, I hoped for a good hand, but mulled to 6 to a rather bland but straightforward hand. Not aggressive enough, since the game was a draw...

0-0-1

Round 2: vs Frank, playing Dredge
    Game 1: I mulled to 6 (again)... He dredged some things, but couldn't go off, thanks to wasteland shutting off his land and stingscourger bouncing a narcomoeba and since it died in the upkeep, dealt with the Bridges. Long game, but I won (surprisingly...)
    Game 2: Mulled to 4 (my deck hated me this tournament...), he just won turn 3...
    Game 3: He dredged dangerously turn 2, but couldn't go off, and Relic saved the day. Pretty straightforward after exiling his 25-cards graveyard And casting Earwig Squad exiling his Iona, Elemental thingy (+1/+1 haste) and his last Bridge was icing on the sunday

1-0-1

Round 3: vs Simon, playing Belcher
    Game 1: He litterally played nothing while I was killing him, except a Lion's eye Diamond (not activating it) and a Gitaxian Probe. I suspected something using storm, so I sided in the therapies and the chalices.
    Game 2: Stormed to death with Empty the Warren for 14... If I had one more turn, I could have killed them all with Sharpshooter, but no such luck...
    Game 3: Belched... Welp

1-1-1

Round 4: vs Christian, playing MUD
    Game 1: I misplayed like hell, but... Turn 1, he play a cloudpost, and I'm like "fuck off, waste it". He then played an ancient tomb into a Lightning Greaves, and instead of playing lackey and keep a tarfire just in case of something, I played a Piledriver. He played a Metalworker, equiped it, and went with Platinum Archangel, and equiped it... damn... I fetch for a Scrapped, scrap the greaves and swing and swing. He then play a sundering titan, swing with the Platinum for 4 and I was like "Damn, that'll be tough..."... But he was at 7, I had matron, lackey, piledriver and tuktuk, with a Stinscourger in hand... I swing with everything, and he blocks the lackey, putting him in the negatives, and I bounce the Platinum... His face ()
    Game 2: Welp, turn 2 with two Lodestone Golems, fuck it.
    Game 3: I overwhelm him quite fast, he played a lodestone golem and tried to play a trinisphere, I Pyrokinesis the Golem while trinisphere is on the stack, killing the golem and swing for 27

2-1-1

Thoughts:
    -Grenzo is fun, I may play him again when I go back to black.
    -Cabal therapies not in the main deck are not nearly as fun, and I prefer them Main deck.
    -Sharpshooter isn't worth it in my meta, which is mainly combo and control-based...
    -Krenko is the Boss in grindy games, but SGC is somewhat better in control-based games.
    -Earwig squad is good enough to be in the main, not just in the side.
    -Warren Weirding is so good, I'll miss it when playing white...
    -Stingscourger FTW
    -Legion Loyalist is worth it in lots of match-up, so I may keep it.

When I go white, I'll play 3 Thalias Main, RiP side and I'll try Kiki-Jikki + Restoration Angel... Resto is nice not only with Kiki but with almost all our guys, triggering again the EtB triggers, so it may be worth a try...
    I'll update again when my list will be done, and after the next tournament.

New Goblin to brew with - should help our Lackys connect...

New goblin.......seems good. Also, new goblin allows instigator to connect.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

It does seem interesting. What remains to be seen is how it stacks up against the current removal suite. Subterranean Scout is going to fill that role for allowing Lackey/Winstigator through T2, but if you start with a T1 Vial how much better or worse is Scout than Stingscourger/Gempalm/Tarfire/Pyrokinesis/Warren Wierding? What is the value of his 2/1 body as a chump blocker? Scout doesn't help control your opponent's board, but maybe you don't need to when you're getting free Lackey hits. But, without a Lackey or Winstigator in play Scout isn't exactly a word beater. Making Piledriver unblockable for an Alpha strike is cute though....

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

So finally someone sold me pretty much the goblins core for pretty cheap and I'm looking forward to play this deck IRL for the first time. Unfortunately my only red duals are Volcs so I won't be splashing a color for now. What's a good decklist for a mono-red classic Goblins? (I intend to use the 4 Wastelands, the 4 Ports, the 4 Cavern of Souls and the 4 Vials)

I'm looking at this

4 Lackey
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    3 Piledriver
    3 Warchief
    3 Chieftain
    1 Sharpshooter
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Kiki-Jiki
    2 Gempalm
    2 Tarfire
    3 Pyrokinesis
    1 Skirk Prospector
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Vial
    10 Mountain
    4 Cavern
    4 Waste
    4 Port

I still need to cut 3 cards to make space for a Tuk Tuk Scrapper :( What would you cut?

Also what could be a good sideboard for this deck? Once the deck gets the Tuk Tuk MD, of course

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    So finally someone sold me pretty much the goblins core for pretty cheap and I'm looking forward to play this deck IRL for the first time. Unfortunately my only red duals are Volcs so I won't be splashing a color for now. What's a good decklist for a mono-red classic Goblins? (I intend to use the 4 Wastelands, the 4 Ports, the 4 Cavern of Souls and the 4 Vials)

I'm looking at this

4 Lackey
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    3 Piledriver
    3 Warchief
    3 Chieftain
    1 Sharpshooter
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Kiki-Jiki
    2 Gempalm
    2 Tarfire
    3 Pyrokinesis
    1 Skirk Prospector
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Vial
    10 Mountain
    4 Cavern
    4 Waste
    4 Port

I still need to cut 3 cards to make space for a Tuk Tuk Scrapper :( What would you cut?

Also what could be a good sideboard for this deck? Once the deck gets the Tuk Tuk MD, of course
    Cutting 3 pyrokinesis and moving them to the sideboard is the easiest place to start. I would also cut 1 Chieftain for an extra Gempalm.

As for a potential sideboard
    4 Pyrokinesis
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Magus of the Moon
    1 Tuk-Tuk Scrapper
    1 Smelt
    3 Thorn of Amethyst/Red Blast/Ashen Rider/Mindbreak Trap. Depends on what you feel like I guess.

Thread Information