Page 461 of 509 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    Why would Goblins care about Miracles?

I'd guess most goblins players would love to play vs. miracles all day...
    Not against Mentor Miracles...
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Not against Mentor Miracles...
    That one card doesnt change the direction of the MU. For everyone who wishes to improve the MU even more, I can suggest the following cards:

Earwig Squad
    Goblin Sharpshooter/Engineered Plague (which are attractive Option against Pyromancer.dec, Elves and Death & Taxes)
    Legion Loyalist
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

I'm still playing main squad and loving it

Considering boarding an e-plague or two due to the meta here

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Did u run scout? Scout can get piledriver through token walls. 1 of legion loyalist tutor option works too...I guess. Killing mentor won't work outside of gem palm plus your still left with their tokens.
    List is in my signature.

Scout can get a Piledriver through (technically), but in the majority of cases (including this one) it is useless; he would have just STP'd the Piledriver. If he doesn't have STP I'm favored to win from that point without the need for that super-conditional card, and if he does have the STP I'm in the same spot as I was before, except now there's 1 less good card in my deck because I had to cut something for the Scout(s). Same goes for Loyalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    That one card doesnt change the direction of the MU. For everyone who wishes to improve the MU even more, I can suggest the following cards:

Earwig Squad
    Goblin Sharpshooter/Engineered Plague (which are attractive Option against Pyromancer.dec, Elves and Death & Taxes)
    Legion Loyalist
    Of course it does not entirely change the game, but you will have to admit it is not the same as well. I was thinking about adding two Sharpshooter in the SB.

My approach will be like the Infect-MU: attack their creatures during my turn, forcing them to use resources.

RGCL (GQ)

Oct 2012
    Italy

With the black splash Illness in the ranks, dread of night and engineered plague are options. I'd prefer dread because only costs 1 and also wrecks death and taxes.
    In red Sulfur elemental is not bad at all, uncounterable threat with flash that kills mentor tokens.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    The things I'm con conformable with there is the low land count and the absence if tarfire. I guess that should net you losses against tempo decks.
    Either way, would be nice if you tried it and shared results. I'm curious here.
    I'm ripping it off for a tourney tomorrow. I'll make a few changes for my meta. -1 Tuktuk Main, +1 Goblin Settler. SB, -1 Thorn, -2 Shattering Spree, +3 Trinisphere. I don't need that much artifact hate in my meta and I need more dedicated Omnitell hate. I think those changes will work pretty well, and i'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Went 2-2 tonight. Apparently I am no Pablo Gil.

Here is my version of his list that I ripped off.

Creatures [35]
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Legion Loyalist
    1 Goblin Settler
    2 Boartusk Liege
    2 Stingscourger
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Warchief

Artifacts [4]
    4 Aether Vial

Lands [21]
    2 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    11 Mountain

Sideboard
    2 Blood Moon
    3 Pyrokinesis
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

Quick report
    R1 Elves 2-1
    G1 I was on the draw and kept a hand with Vial/Gempalm, certain death against Elves G1. I got Hoofed.
    I sided in Pyrokinesis and Trinisphere
    G2 I Wiped his board with Pyrokinesis, then cast Trinisphere. Followed that up with Sharpshooter to win. I did make a mistake when he GSZ'd for Ooze though. I Matroned Gemmpalm instead of Stingscourger. Stingscourger would have locked him out. Instead he made Ooze huge and hit me for 9, but he couldn't break through my defenses after that.
    G3 I played a Lackey, Pyro'd his board, cast Matron and Lackeyd in the Sharpshooter.

R2- Miracles 0-2
    G1 I was probably a little slow out of the gates. I kept a hand without Vial or Lackey. Counterbalance countered 2 Piledrivers and I never drew a Cavern. Angel tokens took me out eventually.
    I sided out Settler for Tuktuk
    G2 I mulled to 5 and he had the Force for my T1 Vial. Woof.

R3 Miracles 2-0
    G1 I slowly beat him down to about 8 life in a long, grindy match. He gets Mentor, double Top online and taps out to fill his board with about 6 Tokens to kill me next turn. I have Piledriver, Matron, and 2 tokens in play. I rip Kiki-Jiki on my turn, cast it, copy Matron, and use the token to fetch up Legion Loyalist which I play off Cavern (he had Counterbalance out and Top on library). Piledriver attacks for 11 and everything else attacks for 5. Mentor can block but gets trampled over!
    G2 I get 2 Vials and my Ringleader hits like 3 goblins so I overrun him pretty quickly, which was good since G1 took an eternity.

R4 Death and Taxes 1-2
    G1 I led with Vial off Mountain, he led with Vial off Plains. I did well in the early goings, but I stopped drawing good cards and he kept drawing good cards, and that's how that match will go.
    I sided in Tuktuk and Pyro
    G2 I led with Lackey. He had nothing T1. Lackey connected into Warchief, then I Ported his Plains T2. KikiJiki joined the party thanks to his Lackey buddy T3, and things spiraled out of control pretty quickly thereafter.
    G3 No Mountains! No Mountain meant no Gempalms to help control his board and I just died to the inevitable equipment. I had a handful of Gempalm, Leige and like, Cavern, Port, Port Waste in play. Lost to 3 pieces of equipment and a Vial.

Lessons learned:
    G1 against Miracles R2 I kept a bad opening hand that would have only been OK against a midrange deck. I could have mulled into a better hand. G2 I mulled to 5 and sometimes you just lose to variance, which is unfortunate, but that's why decks that don't do anything spectacular (BUG, RUG back in the day) do so well. They're just playing cards that keep their Variance as low as possible (low mana curve, lots of dig).
    G1 against D&T I could really have used Tuktuk maindeck. Unfortunately, there are few enough SFM decks in my meta that i opted to play Tuktuk in the side and play a more versatile card, Goblin Settler, in the main as another 4-drop. The lack of a decent artifact-killing goblins in mono-R continues to be a very real detriment to this deck. G3 was another game where Variance killed me, as I drew plenty of lands, but the wrong kinds of lands. It's a shame too, because Gempalm is amazing in the D&T match (a 0:1 against a deck without card draw) but you just can't cast it if you don't draw Mountains.
    Kiki-Jiki was actually quite good. He won me a game against Miracles when he copied a Matron into Legion Loyalist. That was also the first time LL has ever done what he was supposed to, so good job there.
    I'm not sure Waste and Port were an asset this tourney. They lost me the final game against D&T because I just needed Mountains and couldn't really keep my opponent off mana since he had Vial anyway. Otherwise, Waste was pretty bad against Miracles, Port isn't very good either since thy can always use the mana to Top. Against Elves Waste did a little work, but Trinisphere was the real Tax effect king. I might have to try a build without Wastes (or maybe just 2) and no Ports and just run more Mountains.
    I wished I ran 1 Pyrokinesis MD.
    I still think Tuktuk is a pile of shit, but he's the only pile of shit we've got.
    Boartusk Leige didn't do much. I could see him as a 1-of but 2 seemed unnecessary.

I'm still running 50/50 against the field as of late, which means I'm competent enough to win with the right cards but that I haven't been able to find a corner to turn. But my meta is wide open. The Twin cities has an excellent Legacy scene and you never know what you'll be paired against. One even will be dominated by SnT, the next by Elves, the next by Miracles, and midrage decks, with a witches brew of everything in between.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

@jrw report
    Tough run. glad you tested the list.
    Guess some of my concerns came true. You lost to mana screw, which imo might not be the fault of the lands you're running,but because you're running 1-2 fewer lands than you should.
    And as for the dnt mu,think that tarfire or more removal could have helped you,given the mana to play it.
    Also, would Scout do the the same job as LL? If you had one more mana, then yes. Still think scout is a better choice.
    Agree on all your other regards.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    @jrw report Tough run. glad you tested the list. Guess some of my concerns came true. You lost to mana screw, which imo might not be the fault of the lands you're running,but because you're running 1-2 fewer lands than you should. And as for the dnt mu,think that tarfire or more removal could have helped you,given the mana to play it. Also, would Scout do the the same job as LL? If you had one more mana, then yes. Still think scout is a better choice. Agree on all your other regards.
    I actually disagree with you on manascrew. It came from either mulling or drawing the wrong kinds of lands, so I'm down with just running more Mountains over Waste and Port but still just 21 lands overall. Remember, I was only running 22 previously.

Against DnT Tarfire and Pyro main would have helped. Again though, G3 I had 2 Gempalms but no R mana, so that was the main issue.

LL would have won the game as a Scout too. So I think you are on the right trail. Scout is probably a better card than LL as a 1-of.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    I actually disagree with you on manascrew. It came from either mulling or drawing the wrong kinds of lands, so I'm down with just running more Mountains over Waste and Port but still just 21 lands overall. Remember, I was only running 22 previously.
    Ok,that makes sense.
    Guess this is because of my fear from dropping from 23 to 22 next tournament...
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Oct 2012
    Italy

I think against miracles you should port their lands during their draw phase, not during upkeep. This way they don't have the option to use the land you are tapping to look at the top three cards before drawing.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

2 goblins in day 2 at washington dc. Well done!

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

I doubt we'll get decklists though...

Oct 2012
    Italy

Does my comment makes sense ? because i'm pretty sure it can be done, but not so sure that i don't need a confirmation.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    Does my comment makes sense ? because i'm pretty sure it can be done, but not so sure that i don't need a confirmation.
    You're comment makes sense and it does work that way. Also, if they ask you whether you're Porting anything in their upkeep and you say No they cannot then spin top in upkeep, because they passed priority to you when they asked about your effects in their upkeep. Then you port them in their draw step.

Apr 2011
    The World

I think against miracles you should port their lands during their draw phase, not during upkeep. This way they don't have the option to use the land you are tapping to look at the top three cards before drawing.
    Yes, it makes sense, but not how you describe it. Basically, if you port during upkeep, they will respond by using the mana on Top. So that would be a Port-activation going to waste. During their drawstep, they will use mana on SDT. In response you port a different land, thus your opponent is down two lands.

RGCL (GQ)

Oct 2012
    Italy

Chatto : the draw step lasts also after they draw a card. So you just let them draw and then port their land .... they may spin the top with the land you target, but they are not fixing their draw for the turn.
    Last edited by LeoCop 90; 08-09-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Talking about Rishadan Port: can someone please try to explain why this card is played at all in our deck? It's not like I havnt tried to find good reasons myself, I just cant find any. Playing Port over Chrome Mox, Pendelhaven, Gaea's Cradle or a Mountain does not make sense to me.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Talking about Rishadan Port: can someone please try to explain why this card is played at all in our deck? It's not like I havnt tried to find good reasons myself, I just cant find any. Playing Port over Chrome Mox, Pendelhaven, Gaea's Cradle or a Mountain does not make sense to me.
    If you're not running instigator you still need to play the control route right? Turn 1 vial followed by wasteland and port still seems ok. Personally I think if your going to run wasteland/port together you should just be running dnt with Thalia/vryn.

Thread Information