Page 472 of 509 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

I don't like eidelon in goblins. It doesn't fit our gameplan. We can't cast a t2 Eidelon AND put 7 damage on the ANT player like Burn can. I feel we need to tax and disrupt Storm decks. And Eidelon is pretty lame against non-Storm combo.

Leyline sorta disrupts but doesn't tax at all, so I'm just not a fan. Also being a dead draw makes it unplayable to me.

Mindbreak Trap is actually totally fine and good against Storm, but it's too narrow against the other combo decks.

Surgical Extraction is a difficult card for me to side in against Storm or combo because its effect is often redundant once they start going off unless you're a mind reader. I'd usually rather just have a goblin card in hand. I just don't know if Surgical has ever won me a game against Storm.

Thorn of Amethyst might be better than Trinisphere now. Or maybe even Sphere of Resistance. Thorn and Sphere are easier to play t1 and wayyyy easier T2 than 3ball. SoR hits Elves too. It's also better in multiples. Hmmmm....

Jan 2014
    Québec

Re: [Deck] Goblins

I went to a 22-players tournament today and... lost miserably, at 1-4... I was extremely tired, so I made misplays, but it was mainly my luck that was against me...

My deck:

Creatures:

4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Ringleader
    3x Goblin Chieftain
    1x Goblin Warchief
    4x Goblin Matron
    2x Goblin Piledriver
    2x Gempalm Incinerator
    1x Stingscourger
    1x Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1x Siege-Gang Commander
    1x Tin-Street Hooligan
    2x subterranean scout
    1x Goblin Settler

3x Talia, Guardian of Thraben
    2x Restoration Angel

Noncreatures

4x Aether Vial
    2x Tarfire

Lands:
    1x Scalding Tarn
    2x Arid Mesa
    3x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Cavern of Souls
    4x Wasteland
    3x Plateau
    4x Mountain
    1x Taiga

Sideboard
    3x Chalice of the Void
    2x Rest In Peace
    3x Ethersworn Canonist
    2x Wear//Tear
    2x Pyrokinesis
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper
    1x Legion Loyalist

Round 1: versus Raphaël, playing Infect

Game 1: I won turn 5, after tarfireing his G.Elf and Wasting his Nexus, into double Piledriver and Chieftain.
    Game 2: I didn't think he would play Wastes, and I kept a hand with a Cavern and a Plateau and some other shit, he wasted both lands I didn't got any other one...
    Game 3: He had a G.Elf and a Blighted Agent, I tried to Pyrokynesis them during my turn while I was tapped out (I just drew it), but he Forced it, and well... Invigorate + Berserk on the Infiltrator next turn. If he hadn't had Force, I would have won as he said afterwards, and also that he just drew it

0-1

Round 2: versus Rafael, playing Jund

Game 1: Double Goyf... I never got anything I needed, he always drew lands on Bob, discarding them to Liliana, so he had card advantage... I just stalled a bit the game until I died...
    Game 2: He played E.Plague and I had a lot of goblins (including Matron and a Vial @ 3), but I had the Chieftain, so they survived. I then played Kiki, and just as he tried to kill the chieftain (to kill everything with E.Plague), I copied the Matron, bringing another Chieftain and Vial him. I killed him the next turn.
    Game 3: I misplayed as fuck... His turn one was nothing, my turn one was Lackey. His turn two is Goyf (1 land in grave, so a 1/2), and my turn two is relatively nice, playing Sub.Scout to make the lackey pass, and I put a Matron into play. And like the tired fucktard I was, I looked for a Ringleader (uncastable as is, since he has a blocked and I don't have 4 lands until at least two more turns) instead of Chieftain... The next turn he played DRS and another Goyf, and the turn after he played E.Plague, sealing the game.

0-2

Round 3: versus Dominik, playing BU Reanimator.

Game 1: Welp, I couldn't do anything.
    Game 2: I had in hands Ethersworn Canonist, and Chalice, plus a Plateau and other cards. My turn one, plateau, pass. His turn one is Underground Sea, pass. Then, I made a HUGE fucking mistake. I draw Rest in Peace, but I feared he would have a counterspell, would it be Spell Pierce, Daze, or Force. For that reason, I cast Chalice @1, wanting to block most of his cantrips and reanimate spells. But there was one small problem: I totally forgot Entomb was an instant... So, in reaction, he cast Entomb for Iona into Exhume the next turn... Welp.

0-3

Round 4: versus Daniel, playing Cephalid Breakfast

Game 1: He start with Nomad en-Kor, and since I never player against against this deck, I cast a Lackey, a normal no-brainer sure-move. Well, it was the wrong move: Next turn, he cast Cephalid Illusionist, targeting him enough times for his combo with the Nomad, put 2 Narcomoeba into play, sacrifice them and the Nomad to flashback Dread Return into The Mimeoplasm, becoming a Murderous Redcap with counters equal to the power of a Lord of Extinction, doing 47 damage to my face... The thing is, I had Tarfire in hand, so I could have killed the Nomad in reaction to his cast of the Cephalid, but I couldn't, since I had a fucking Lackey in play...
    Game 2: I cast a turn 2 Rest in Peace, and he mildly annoyed. This is where it hurts... Since he had some creatures in play, I decided to cast a TSH with no target to block his attackers. The thing is, I saw his deck when he milled himself of a shitton of cards, and I saw the full Stone-Forge Mystic kit BUT I FORGOT IT. So I didn't sided in the TukTuk, and wasted the TSH for nothing... I got Jitte-Battered to death after a long game, with me trying to find something to do to kill this thing, and I didn't find it...

0-4

Round 5: versus Samuel, with Contamination lockdown (my friend whom I helped build a kind off budget deck)

Game 1: Of course, this is where the Kiki+Restoration Angel combo goes out, in the game that doesn't matters...
    Game 2: Grindy game, but I had more threats than he had control cards.

1-4

Afterthought:
    Soooo. Horrible matchups, but even then, the white splash did absolutely nothing for me, again. Yes, it may be strong in some Metagames (as it was during my first tournament ever), but my metagame has been shifted to fast combo decks or fast aggro decks, with the mandatory Miracle and SnT decks. Yes, the white splash may be interesting there, but it's too little too late most of the time...
    I'll try the Winstigator route for the next tournament, and I'll keep you up to date.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    Well, that's kind of an... interesting build. I can see the reasoning for some cards, but main Sudden Shock?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Well, that's kind of an... interesting build. I can see the reasoning for some cards, but main Sudden Shock?
    Sudden shock does make sense, though looks weird md.
    even weirder I think it's 3 krenkos AND 2 sgc. O.o
    Congrats to him though.
    Anyone can see the sb?
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Well, what outside of Goyf and Goose doesn't it kill? You can just get rid of just about whatever pesky thing is troubling you without the opponent having any say in the matter. There's a reason people play Decay as creature removal over more efficient black options and it's not just hitting random artifacts. Being able to force something your deck can't really deal with off the board is just really really nice, especially if the deck is something like Goblins, Shardless, Elves, Nic Fit that's built to go over the top of most fair decks with size of sheer CA. Consider killing their Bob to constrict their resources, or T1 Lackey, they play DRS => Sudden Shock DRS, jackshit they can do about it => Lackey gets through and you're way ahead on the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    Congrats to him though.
    Anyone can see the sb?
    4 Rest in Peace
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Containment Priest
    1 Karakas
    2 Mangara of Kondoror
    1 Stingscourger
    2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

That is a very interesting list...

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Congrats to him though.
    Anyone can see the sb?
    Krenko kinda makes sense in a build with 4 Warbeefs; it's easy to play out and if Hasty, it does an awesome job of littering the board with Goblin nonsense even if answered. The fact that he cut Piledriver suggests that he considers the fast kill/goldfish a lost cause and rather prepares to overwhelm the board with creatures. Sudden Shocks are, I suppose, also there to beat the fair match-ups.

Oct 2012
    Italy

i know this guy, i played against him in a lot of local tournaments, he is famous in the area for playing fringe decks with strange card choices. Recently he was playing death and taxes but was building goblins and i gave him some of the goblins i had in excess.
    i am really happy for him, and his build certainly has weird card choices, but well, it was a 300+ people event so he must have made something right. The only thing i really don't like is only 27 goblin cards maindeck, ringleader is going to be lackluster sometimes. This is probably compensated by having more bombs in krenkos and siege gangs, but i still think sudden shocks should be in sideboard in favor of 2 more goblins maindeck.

Just IDed into the top 8 of the Legacy 5k at SCG Indy!

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    Awesome! Well done!

Awesome to hear, Brad! I hope you get the chance to write a report.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Good luck mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

It's pretty cool that the folks who really know the deck and strategy are able to put up good results still. I'm looking forward to the deck list and hope you take the trophy.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Awwsome !
    Crush them tomorrow!
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Awwsome !
    Crush them tomorrow!
    I believe the 5k concluded today, looks like he lost in the quarters? Still an excellent run. Looking forward to a report if he's up to it.

Looks like he ran a *very* classic looking vial goblins build. Nothing terribly spicy, just good reliable Jim Davis-esque list.

This is his list:

Lands (23)
    3 Mountain
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Cavern of Souls
    1 Plateau
    4 Rishadan Port
    1 Taiga
    4 Wasteland
    3 Wooded Foothills

Creatures (30)
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Warchief
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tin Street Hooligan
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss

Spells (7)
    4 Aether Vial
    3 Tarfire

Sideboard
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Ashen Rider
    2 Krosan Grip
    3 Pyrokinesis
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

I think classic is the right word. I think this proves that Legacy is a format that truly rewards dedication and consistency.

May 2015
    TX

love the classic 4port/waste builds, grats on your top buddy!

Apr 2010
    Germany

Congrats to that Italian guy who scored in Ovino and to B-rad. Id love to read your reports and see an Overview of your pairings/matchups
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Thread Information