Page 474 of 509 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,480 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpiledriver View Post
    I watched those two matches on Wednesday, jrw. I was trying to figure out a line for Kiki combo on that turn as well but didn't see one.

I think you should have mulled to 5 against rug, but I don't know how the chrome mox build does with aggressive mulls. There was also a turn where we questioned why you wanted to put skirk prospector in over ringleader off your lackey hit. What was the line there?

Also, it sucks that rug guy had those forces for blood moon and chalice, AND he started ripping perfect threats after he countered those.
    I only run 1 Mox so I wouldn't call it a Mox build. I'm running mono R so I saw no downside to running a singleton Mox.

The Skirk turn was against 12post, right? I wanted to have combo pieces on the board rather than more Gobos in hand. It was probably wrong, looking back at it. But I wanted to threaten the combo kill again and i didn't see the benefit of putting in another Ringleader since I had plenty of cards in hand already and plenty of lands to cast ringleader. He sorta made me pay for it with that Blue Blast on Lackey though.

Against RUG the game he forced Blood Moon and Chalice I won! Remember, you beat RUG with card advantage in the long game. When they cast Force its generally good for us in the long run. G3 I just lost because of mana screw. I should have mulled to 5.

May 2015
    TX

i have been testing krenko and i might include him in my rl list soon, hes doing some work as a 1 of

Quote Originally Posted by AustinP View Post
    i have been testing krenko and i might include him in my rl list soon, hes doing some work as a 1 of

Same here. I'll be at the scg Atl open today and tomorrow. Legacy challenge today and legacy premiere IQ tomorrow. I'll try to take some notes to make a decent report.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

I finished 9:th at the Scandinavian Open Sealed event. Tomorrow it's time for Legacy again, hoping to take home the trophy this time.

Any ideas on what my last two sideboard slots should be?

Apr 2010
    Germany

2 Sharpshooters
    They are insanely against Elves, DnT , Infect and those ttoken-producing wizards
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpiledriver View Post
    Same here. I'll be at the scg Atl open today and tomorrow. Legacy challenge today and legacy premiere IQ tomorrow. I'll try to take some notes to make a decent report.
    Good luck dude, lettuce now how it all goes. +10 points if you get Cedric to sign a Krenko/Tarfire!

Good luck also to you Sandro.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Good luck dude, lettuce now how it all goes. +10 points if you get Cedric to sign a Krenko/Tarfire!

Thanks. Got back from the legacy challenge (4 rounds). Didn't do great, but had close matches. I almost didn't get to play - MARTA only had one side running north/south so I had to wait longer for it, and then it was a 20 min wait for the east/west train so I walked from there instead. Got a little turned around but finally arrived at 3:55 (5 minutes after registration close) but they let me in. whew! All that while battling a cold, too.

ROUND 1 - Burn, I'm on the draw

Opponent says that this will be a bye for me as he's new. Not sure why he thought that given the deck he's playing.

G1 - pressures me with T1 Guide followed by an Eidolon. I get my self into a position where I can bounce Eidolon, tick vial up a bit, and eventually stabilize with siege-gang eating his attackers. I feel fully in control on the creature front, but I'm at 5 life. He untaps, draws a card, and double fireblasted me. ow.

+ 3 chalice, +3 pyrokinesis, -3 ringleader, -1 tuktuk, -1 tin street, -1 kiki jiki

G2 - I lead T1 lackey, he chain lightnings it. I go T2 chalice on 1 pass. He passes back, and then smash to smithereens my chalice on his next turn. Follows up a ton of 1 drops, as expected. I play land, piledriver, vial, pass. He plays an eidolon, bolts my other lackey, and starts attacking. I am able to fend off attacks for a while, but ultimately succumb to GG+swiftspear backed by fireblast. If I had another turn I'd have stabilized on the ground big time.

0-1 (0-2 in games)

ROUND 2 - Elves, I'm on the draw

G1 - we exchange resources for a while, I gempalm a dryad arbor, tarfire a deathrite, etc. I have 2 vials, a lackey, and matron in play and he's got the wolf-maker championing a heritage druid as well as a dryad, quirion, nettle, visionary, and another heritage. I untap, vial in warchief, cast sharpshooter and go to town. He dies two turns later after I cleared him out and used Krenko + Piledriver to smash.

+ 3 pyrokinesis, +3 chalice, +1 cage, -4 lackey, -2 ringleader, -1 piledriver

G2 - Mull to 5, stall a little with pyrokinesis. He NO's for Progenitus and I'm done-zo in 2 turns.

G3 - Mull to 6 keep 2 pyrokinesis, skirk, sting, vial, port. Turn 1 vial, find some land, and I stall with my 2 pyrokinesis + port long enough to build up a board and attack him down to 1. Topdecked a matron to get my last tarfire for the kill. Keeping him off of 4 mana the whole time was a game changer, he told me afterwards.

1-1 (2-3 in games)

ROUND 3 - Punishing Jund, I'm on the draw

G1 - mull to 5, get hymned, get thoughtseized, he has grove/p-fire online... rip

+2 relic, +1 rip, +1 blood moon, +2 pyrokinesis, -4 lackey, -2 piledriver

G2 - Good ol' fashioned goblin card advantage engine in full force. We exchange some wastelands and removal, and I finally start hitting gas. Grenzo found a ringleader which flipped matron, ringleader, piledriver. Went in hard and cleaned up with siege gang commander after he toxic deluged for 2.

G3 - a little awkward being stuck on 3 lands early and flooding later on. Blood moon shut his grove/p-fire off as well as his wastes, so I count that as a minor victory. He cast 3 bloodbraid and overwhelmed me though. My last ditch effort was to try and pop 2 relics to dig for a pyrokinesis, which I miraculously succeeded in doing! Killed 2 BBEs but he had 3 goyfs in hand and finished me off.

1-2 (3-5 in games)

ROUND 4 - Merfolk, I'm on the draw

G1 - he has a slowish start, but so do I (vial hand). He drops True name, and then copies with phantasmal. Two lords and a few turns later I am dead.

+3 pyrokinesis, -2 ringleader, -1 lackey

G2 - A bit of a slow game on both sides, but I eventually Krenko up to ~6 tokens and piledriver through his defenses, despite having to break his standstill earlier on.

G3 - Mull to waste, vial, pyro, and 3 dudes. I get two silvergills with my pyrokinesis, which didn't feel all that great. I only see one other land the whole game and it's another wasteland. He even hurkyll's recalled my vial (but I recast it sucessfully). Interestingly, between grenzo and my vial I had a full board out. He kept hitting my for 4 with True name each turn, and on my last turn I vial in Ringleader after whiffing with grenzo and get a piledriver out of it. My field was lackey, lackey, warchief, ringleader, grenzo, matron, tin street. He was at 17. If i had a single red source I could have cast piledriver and killed him (15 from piledriver and he couldn't block enough of the rest with only 3 blockers). I just swing in for 12 and he takes it going to 5, and kills me on the crack back.

1-3 (4-7 in games)

I felt the games I lost were very close except for a couple. I like my current build, but maybe will make a minor last minute change. Krenko was great, the 2nd gempalm was great, going down to 3 piledrivers for the first time ever was scary but it ended up ok. Grenzo is a baller as always. I missed my warren weirding in the board - I would have brought that in vs elves and maybe had a chance vs his progenitus. However I think I have enough removal that I will be able to get there. Might swap at the last second for the 5k tomorrow, we'll see.

MAIN
    4 lackey
    3 piledriver
    4 matron
    4 warchief
    4 ringleader
    2 gempalm
    2 stingscourger
    1 skirk prospector
    1 tin street
    1 tuktuk scrapper
    1 grenzo
    1 sharpshooter
    1 kiki jiki
    1 krenko
    1 siege-gang

2 tarfire

4 vial

3 mountain
    4 cavern
    4 waste
    3 port
    6 fetch
    1 plateau
    1 taiga
    1 badlands

-------
    SIDE
    3 chalice
    3 pyrokinesis
    2 relic of progenitus
    1 ancient grudge
    1 blood moon
    1 grafdigger's cage
    1 krosan grip
    1 ray of revelation
    1 rest in peace
    1 thalia

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    I finished 9:th at the Scandinavian Open Sealed event. Tomorrow it's time for Legacy again, hoping to take home the trophy this time.

Any ideas on what my last two sideboard slots should be?
    For those two sideboard slots I would run two Blood Moon. It looks like you've got your bases covered otherwise. Although you're probably a little light on responses to SnT, but Therapy should be pretty good for you there if you draw it early. I was thinking Trinisphere would be a good answer to SnT for you (and its obviously good against every other combo deck) but you've got enough anti-combo stuff already. Blood Moon will give you options against Lands decks and 12Post that you seem really weak to, plus it is an option against Delver decks generally if you want to mix it up.

Oh, and good luck! I'll be watching the stream for you tomorrow.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    2 Sharpshooters
    They are insanely against Elves, DnT , Infect and those ttoken-producing wizards
    I already have one maindeck + 2 sideboard, do you think 4 total is the way to go?

Thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    For those two sideboard slots I would run two Blood Moon. It looks like you've got your bases covered otherwise. Although you're probably a little light on responses to SnT, but Therapy should be pretty good for you there if you draw it early. I was thinking Trinisphere would be a good answer to SnT for you (and its obviously good against every other combo deck) but you've got enough anti-combo stuff already. Blood Moon will give you options against Lands decks and 12Post that you seem really weak to, plus it is an option against Delver decks generally if you want to mix it up.

Oh, and good luck! I'll be watching the stream for you tomorrow.
    Blood Moon was actually the first card I considered. I used to play Magus of the Moon a long time ago, but other than that I have little experience with the card. I like the idea though because as you said I have my bases covered otherwise.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    I already have one maindeck + 2 sideboard, do you think 4 total is the way to go?

Thanks! :)

Blood Moon was actually the first card I considered. I used to play Magus of the Moon a long time ago, but other than that I have little experience with the card. I like the idea though because as you said I have my bases covered otherwise.

Yes, I do. Against the decks I mentioned you actually dont want to use a Matron to fetch for it, but rather want to have it on you opener. So I think 3-4 copies in you 75 is optimal.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

I've just done top 1. 19 people tournament, 5 rounds, top 8.
    I'll post list and MU later.

Current List:

Goblins

4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    3 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    2 Warren Instigator
    2 Subterranean Scout
    2 Skirk Prospector
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Lightning Crafter
    1 Kiki Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Goblin Settler
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Tarfire

Other Spells

4 Aether Vial
    1 Break Through the Line
    1 Mox Diamond

Lands

4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Ancient Tomb
    8 Mountain

Sideboard

1 Legion Loyalist
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Blood Moon
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Chalice of the Void

So I played today against Shardless Bug to test.

Results were about even. Sideboard however proves to be really good against them especially with ensnaring bridge and 3-ball. I just sit and wait for Lightning Crafter combo. Are there any suggestions for other things to include?

Tournament report for SCG legacy 5k today. I played the list I posted above, with the exception of swapping out Thalia in the board for Warren Weirding.

R1 - Miracles (on the play)

G1 - standard goblin vs miracles fare, not much to say but I won after he mulled to 5.

G2 - I mull to 6 and there's a lot of trading his removal for my dudes. He stabilizes and entreats for 5 end step to kill me.

G3 - I kept punching with ringleaders and warchiefs through 3 terminus and 3 swords, getting him down to 1. He entreats for 4, attacks me down to 10, and I have one draw step left. I draw matron, but sharpshooter wouldn't have haste and the 2nd tarfire was boarded out (already used my first one to kill staticaster). Disheartening loss, but he was a good guy (a local).

0-1 (1-2 in games)

R2 - Burn (on the play)

G1 - he mulls to 5, and I am able to control his creatures while building up an army to kill him around turn 6.

G2 - this was the longest game vs burn I've ever played. My Chalice on 1 vs his Ensnaring Bridge. I sided out my shatter goblins, and Siege-gang got pitched to Pyrokinesis (to kill 2 eidolons) so my out was trying to port him down and clog his hand to allow me to attack. Didn't happen, he found the burn after many turns.

G3 - Chalice on 1 was a blowout, I beat him pretty handily having 14 life to spare.

1-1 (2-3 in games)

R3 - Infect (on the draw)

I wont break down the two games because they were nearly identical. I keep 6 cards both times, heavy on wastes and ports (I knew he was on infect). I crush his mana for ~8 turns until he finally gets threats down, and every removal spell I tried was either countered or nullified by a pump spell. He just had the answer at every turn and defeated me soundly 2-0.

1-2 (2-5 in games)

R4 - Maverick (on the draw)

G1 - mull to 6, keeping 2x stingscourger, some lands, and a gempalm. He leads stoneforge mystic, and in order to keep him from connecting with equipment I had to bounce his SFM twice. I did manage to gempalm a mother of runes, but it wasn't enough. He built up a board with batterskull + SoFI + Jitte for a crushing kill.

G2 - Mull to 6, 2 lander. He wastes me out and takes over with bitterblossom and 2 Knight of the Reliquary. Major beating

1-3 (2-7 in games)

R5 - no show :\

2-3 (2-7 in games)

R6 - UW Stoneblade (on the play)

G1 - a very grindy game that took over half the match. We exchanged removal until I was able to clear his board with gempalms and tarfires, and from there I presented too big a clock for him to recover.

G2 - I mull to 6 and we have another grindy game. I killed his Jitte FOUR times (2x with ancient grudge, 1 tuktuk, 1 tin street). He kept bringing it back with Nahiri. I had no choice, and I couldn't find a way to kill Nahiri. Eventually ran out of gas and he won.

G3 - I mulligan to 4. I get smashed with a clique a bunch of times and die.

2-4 (3-9 in games)

R7 - Imperial Painter (on the play)

G1 - he mulls to 4, perhaps some karma for me having to do it earlier, and I go nuts with 2x lackey, warchief, krenko. I had 15 tokens out when I killed him.

G2 - This game was a bit grindy. I had to keep my removal up every time he threatened to painter combo me, but I was able to do it. Eventually I got Kiki+Tuktuk online to blow up his ensnaring bridge and kill him.

3-4 (5-9 in games)

Overall it was a fun weekend with some very unfortunate draws. I missed my target of winning more matches than I lost for the first time, but I suppose it would happen sooner or later.

Going forward I want to try out Sandro's cabal therapy build for a while and see how I like it. I missed my Earwig squad too. I rarely sided my white cards in, perhaps I'll drop white for now. Krenko is excellent, I'll be keeping him around. I might get some Mogg War Marshal action going, it's high time I welcome him back to the build.

A question to all of you - Cabal therapy (and tarfire) are 1 drops, and chalice on 1 seems to be a strong play. Do you side your 1 drops out when you're on the chalice plan? I've had some awkward spots where I wanted to tarfire or cast vial but chalice stopped me. However, chalice is so good that I don't see me not playing it.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Mamasaidknockyouout.mp3

Keep it up boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Mamasaidknockyouout.mp3

Keep it up boys!
    To become dtb we need to post our resolts on tcdecks

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Sorry but i don't like to write the reports, so i just post a resolt

3 [c]Gempalm Incinerator[/c]
    4 [c]Goblin Lackey[/c]
    4 [c]Goblin Matron[/c]
    3 [c]Goblin Piledriver[/c]
    4 [c]Goblin Ringleader[/c]
    3 [c]thalia, guardian of thraben[/c]
    4 [c]Goblin Warchief[/c]
    1 [c]Siege-Gang Commander[/c]
    1 [c]Skirk Prospector[/c]
    1 [c]Stingscourger[/c]
    1 [c]tuktuk scrapper[/c]
    1 [c]Krenko, Mob Boss[/c]

Lands (23)
    3 [c]Snow-Covered Mountain[/c]
    3 [c]Bloodstained Mire[/c]
    4 [c]Cavern of Souls[/c]
    2 [c]Plateau[/c]
    4 [c]Rishadan Port[/c]
    4 [c]Wasteland[/c]
    3 [c]Wooded Foothills[/c]

Spells (7)
    4 [c]Aether Vial[/c]
    3 [c]Tarfire[/c]

Sideboard
    4 [c]Relic of Progenitus[/c]
    1 [c]weartear[/c]
    2 [c]blood moon[/c]
    3 [c]Pyrokinesis[/c]
    1 [c]pyroblast[/c]
    1 [c]Red Elemental Blast[/c]
    3 [c]Containment priest[/c]

По матчам:
    1r 4с delver 2-1
    2r d&t 1-2
    3r merfolks 2-1
    4r rg combolands 0-2
    5r 4с delver 2-1

8th in top 8
    Т8 rg combolands 2-1
    Т4 dredge 2-1
    Final burn 2-1

Apr 2010
    Germany

Congrats Oleg, well done. Can you write a little about how Thalia Worked out for you?

Does anyone know how Sandro performed?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    To become dtb we need to post our resolts on tcdecks
    I had never considered posting my results on there. And I am a desperate attention whore that likes seeing my name online when it's associated with winning.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

I'll write a more detailed report soon, but this is how my matches went.

R1 - Bye
    R2 - Aggro Loam 2-0
    R3 - Grixis Omnitell 1-2
    R4 - Miracles 2-0
    R5 - UWR Delver 2-0
    R6 - Hypergenesis 2-0
    R7 - ID
    Top 8 - Shardless BUG 1-2

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Congrats Oleg, well done. Can you write a little about how Thalia Worked out for you?

Thalia super good when she is on the table. But i feel uncomfortable to searche for plateau with my last fetch when i have not her in my hand to not to have a dead draw.
    It works well vs lands, perfect vs dredge, good vs burn and all U decks.
    As all nongoblin cards you dont want her to be revealed by ringleader. But it was and i lost first vs dredge, if it was a mwm there will be a 100% win. But it is a little drawback for such a strong effect.

But as i always say in my russian goblin's topic thalia in main do not do your MU vs combo as better as you think in unknown meta, cuz you never mull agressive in first vs unknown player to get her.

Thx GoboLord!

P.s thalia does not make you good MU worse. And it makes room for more SB cards it's like you have 18 cards in sb.
    Last edited by OlegtheSuper; 10-12-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Thread Information