Page 365 of 509 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Nov 2010
    Philippines

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Foil full-art Zendikar loop mountains.

I think it is possible we judged Shattergang Brothers too harshly and too quickly... I will be testing him out over the next few weeks and will report my findings.

He may be as good or better against Sneak & Show than stuff like Confusion in the Ranks or Ashen Rider.

On the plus side:
    He's a goblin!
    3 toughness means he survives Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and has a built in way to deal with her.
    CMC of 4 means he is un-decay-able.
    Sac effect does not target and can help deal with True-Name Nemesis.

Right now I am thinking he's a possible 2-of in the board. I am not confident he is main-deckable right now.
    My friend life is too short to play bad cards in magic, anyways im testing out 3-4 imperial recruiters main deck as our 5th-8th matron since he fetches all our guys except for krenko, hes not good on ringleaders but as top deck mid to late games he will give us the boost we need.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy Goblin View Post
    My friend life is too short to play bad cards in magic
    I have to disagree. Winning with bad cards is way more fun than winning with good ones. I love it =p
    That said, he does seem really hard to cast and to use. God luck anyway...
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    God luck anyway...
    That typo made that sentence better.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Forkbeard View Post
    That typo made that sentence better.
    hahahahahahahaha!
    Wont even edit it....

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy Goblin View Post
    My friend life is too short to play bad cards in magic, anyways im testing out 3-4 imperial recruiters main deck as our 5th-8th matron since he fetches all our guys except for krenko, hes not good on ringleaders but as top deck mid to late games he will give us the boost we need.
    Why are we playing Goblins then?

Jan 2014
    Québec

We really are due for a new set with pertinent goblins...

Hei, it's been a while I have played goblins but I got interested about caleb durward playing that food chain goblin. Of course lack of goblin recruiter is huge setback but could it work without recruiter?

Jan 2014
    Québec

Quote Originally Posted by angel882 View Post
    Hei, it's been a while I have played goblins but I got interested about caleb durward playing that food chain goblin. Of course lack of goblin recruiter is huge setback but could it work without recruiter?
    I don't think so, since the recruiter is quite unique in that way. There could be a wacky way to recreate that, but it wouldn't be half as efficient, and it would not be a "goblin" deck IMO.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by angel882 View Post
    A little research can do wonders.
    The deck can kill as early as turn 2. The thread explain how to do it.
    It is a little outdated. I really liked the Instigator version.
    To bad I sold my Food Chains a long time ago... I`d certainly try something with it again.

To bad I sold my Food Chains a long time ago... I`d certainly try something with it again.
    That deck looks so sick omg...

Jan 2014
    Québec

Well, color me surprised.

What about the stock warchief build minus ports....the red mana is often relevant.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    What about the stock warchief build minus ports....the red mana is often relevant.
    What exactly do you mean? If you can explain your question a little more people will be able to give you proper answers.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Nov 2010
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Why are we playing Goblins then?
    You got me here bro, time to quit i guess

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

What do you think about blue splash in goblins?
    4 spell pierce
    4 swan song
    4 relic of progenitus
    2 krosan grip
    1 pyrokinesis

I think it is better then white color in sb because thalia costs 2, spell pierce ans swan song cost 1 mana.
    Vs S&T in white sb you would sb-in 4 thalia+2 conf+1 sting+1 needle+2 grip and when you face ANT/TES you have only 4 thalia+1 needle+2 grip. Conf-sting do nothing in this match up.
    4 thalia
    2 confusin in the ranks
    1 stingscourger
    1 pithing needle
    2 krosan grip
    1 pyrokinesis
    4 relic of progenitus

And in blue sb you can just sb-in against all combo decks 8 counterspells.

Counterspells are better then discard because discard cant solve the problem right now, right here.

So what do you think about it?

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    What do you think about blue splash in goblins?
    4 spell pierce
    4 swan song
    4 relic of progenitus
    2 krosan grip
    1 pyrokinesis

I think it is better then white color in sb because thalia costs 2, spell pierce ans swan song cost 1 mana.
    Vs S&T in white sb you would sb-in 4 thalia+2 conf+1 sting+1 needle+2 grip and when you face ANT/TES you have only 4 thalia+1 needle+2 grip. Conf-sting do nothing in this match up.
    4 thalia
    2 confusin in the ranks
    1 stingscourger
    1 pithing needle
    2 krosan grip
    1 pyrokinesis
    4 relic of progenitus

And in blue sb you can just sb-in against all combo decks 8 counterspells.

Counterspells are better then discard because discard cant solve the problem right now, right here.

So what do you think about it?
    Some players over here are running the U splash and claim to have had some success. As far as I know they play U for Swansong and Izzet Charm. When you want to beat storm combo decks however you should be looking for a combination of countermagic/discard spells and hate in permanent form (like Chalice). If you have only one kind of hate (i.e. ONLY permanents, or ONLY discard, or ONLY countermagic) they can prepare better for that. (e.g. not boarding Chain of Vapor/Abrupt Decay when they notice you dont have any permanents).

Also you should consider playing Flusterstorm. Swan Song is definitely a strong card, but I would swap Spell Pierce for something else (Chalice/Thorn, or IzzetCharm/Flusterstorm).

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Some players over here are running the U splash and claim to have had some success. As far as I know they play U for Swansong and Izzet Charm. When you want to beat storm combo decks however you should be looking for a combination of countermagic/discard spells and hate in permanent form (like Chalice). If you have only one kind of hate (i.e. ONLY permanents, or ONLY discard, or ONLY countermagic) they can prepare better for that. (e.g. not boarding Chain of Vapor/Abrupt Decay when they notice you dont have any permanents).

Also you should consider playing Flusterstorm. Swan Song is definitely a strong card, but I would swap Spell Pierce for something else (Chalice/Thorn, or IzzetCharm/Flusterstorm).
    Fluster cant counter sneak attack for example. Charm costs 2 mana is too much I think. And we cant combo chalice with 1 mana counterspell. I think you are right that we have to use counterspells and discards together, but 15 cards are not enought for that:(
    Thank you for reply

Apr 2010
    Germany

Fluster cant counter sneak attack for example.
    True, but it is slightly better vs, Storm.

Charm costs 2 mana is too much I think.
    True, but it is flexible, as it can also burn a creature randomly. However, I dont like Charm either. I was just sharing what people over here are playing. I would only splash U if I needed Swan SIng for some reason.

And we cant combo chalice with 1 mana counterspell.
    Well, you can play around said. YOu can ccast Chalice for 0 AND you can keep your Swan Song for when they try to get rid of Chalice @ 1 somehow.

but 15 cards are not enought for that:(
    Well, you are playing 8 counterspells, so you DO have the space for that :-P

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

And chalices are almost do nothing vs S&T. On turn 2 you would rather playthaloa or use landcontrol. So I just trying to find the way to build 100% relevant sb with no dead cards like ashen rider and so on. If there are any blue highlevelgoblins like ringleader, we will play FoW.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

For example even thalia doesnt solve the problems alone, she just delay them and always needs landcontrol and fast clock. Discard delayed for 1 turn, opponent always can draw a combo piece in his turn, so it also need a clock. Swan song need nothing, it solves the problems right here and right now, so I feel like I have to try blue splash in my deck.

Thread Information