Page 419 of 509 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    I think the recent succes of Goblins has nothing to do with the kind of deck (Classic, WInstigator, Mono Red or with a splash) you are playing, but rather with two things:

1. Skill
    2. Rogue-factor

Still, it's good to see so many people have succes!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Sandro-
    It was great fun watching you play today! It was also super cool how a bunch of Sourcers were all watching and commenting too. Congratulation on your results.
    Did you feel that the other players were familiar with the Goblin MU? Or did you have the rogue deck advantage? I've been playing goblins for forever and ever so half the time my opponent knows what I'm on before I even sit down. The other half have no idea what my cards do. It's below the radar enough now that newer players have seldom faced it it seems.
    Jup, I said it before: skill and rogue-factor.

New players who haven't met a Goblin Lackey up-close really don't know Goblins at all... There are too few pilots who play Goblins nowadays...
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

GG Sandro

I was not sure if sandro95 was the player with 12 points in Legacy open but you had a fan in the twitch chat. Your skill seems well known by commentators so I realized that this RbGoblins player could be the TheSource swenden member.
    R6 you were ready for top8 so with your other fan, we asked in the chat for seeing you in feature match.
    Our effort were recompensed in top8.

That was really exciting to see you in live and share comments with the forum.
    With luck I can meet some of you in real life. Perhaps at Lille Legacy GP in july.
    I saw in an other thread a comment where GoboLord planified to go to GP and I hope too.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

"Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Oct 2012
    Italy

Just finished watching the games, well done our viking goblin brother.
    Too bad you lost in the final match, but well, at least you lost to a nice foodchain deck rather than the same old show and tell or delver stuff.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Awesome games. Congrats man.
    Thanks for the links.
    Think they should be linked on the OP.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    Awesome games. Congrats man.
    Thanks for the links.
    Think they should be linked on the OP.
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord
    Last edited by GoboLord; 02-24-2015 at 01:37 AM.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2012
    Italy

From the dragon stompy thread, a fun fact about stingscourger (never noticed that)
    http://imgur.com/IGJvVhk

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Hi everyone, my tournamet report is up. Tell me what you think!

Vial Goblins at the Scandinavian Open

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    Hi everyone, my tournamet report is up. Tell me what you think!

Vial Goblins at the Scandinavian Open
    Where's your Sideboard? I'm actually very curious. A portion of it is already main, so I want to see what filled the void.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Forkbeard View Post
    Where's your Sideboard? I'm actually very curious. A portion of it is already main, so I want to see what filled the void.
    Nice catch, they must have removed it during editing. Anyway, here's the complete list I played (along with the rest of top 8 lists) http://www.scvopen.com/top-8-decklists-legacy-scvopen4/

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Nice catch, they must have removed it during editing. Anyway, here's the complete list I played (along with the rest of top 8 lists) http://www.scvopen.com/top-8-decklists-legacy-scvopen4/
    Goddamn Sandro in the quarterfinals you made that Omni-Tell look like an easy matchup for Goblins. Congrats on your finish man, well deserved and really nice to see you using the black goblins, such as an Earwig Squad.

What are your thoughts on Rishadan Port? Did you miss them anytime during the tournament?

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    Goddamn Sandro in the quarterfinals you made that Omni-Tell look like an easy matchup for Goblins. Congrats on your finish man, well deserved and really nice to see you using the black goblins, such as an Earwig Squad.

What are your thoughts on Rishadan Port? Did you miss them anytime during the tournament?
    Rishadan Port is good, at times I have considered it our best two drop. However, I've noticed I'd much rather be able to cast my spells consistently. It would likely have been good versus the Food Chain deck I played (although not necessarily in our matches). Didn't miss it much this weekend.

Hi guys,

I'm a returning player (stopped when tempest and stronghold where still shiny) and after a lot of reading and playing with borrowed/proxied decks i've begun to assemble goblins.
    I've used the anthology reprint to pick up most staples and am currently looking at the best way to finish the deck in my current meta.

I don't own ports nor any of the relevant duals for a splash, so i'm thinking of starting with an instigator list.
    This is purely a 'budget' choice as i will collect duals/ports and whatnot.
    Winstigator would simply allow me to start playing while i collect the rest.

I do have concerns about it's performance/survivability in my meta though:
    My meta is very combo heavy, i see storm, elves, metalworker on a permanent basis, things like 12post and high tide are alive, and also regularly there is affinity, lingering souls decks, miracles... and so on.

After reading a lot in this thread and watching as many vids as possible i think the white splash would be strongest for me (although sandro's games are an eyeopener!)
    But my budget restricts me to winstigator for starters. All i need are 4 instigators and 3 moxes and i've got the maindeck complete.
    I would like to know what ratio of chieftains - warchief i should try vs combo. I was aiming for a 3 chieftain 2 warchief split but would love to hear your thoughts.

Second i'd like to ask, in your experience, how may duals are needed for a splash? My gut says 2 are needed but i had sushi earlier and am cautious...
    For instance, white splash with 4 thalias : 2 plateau's md, add 1 taiga for green (TSH). Or can i rely on CoS for the green mana there?

I realise i'm committing myself to a deck that might not be DTB for a long time to come, but the playstyle and the feel of the deck fit me.
    The choice was sealed in stone after defeating Show and tell with a proxied goblins list, can't buy the look on ppl's face when little green men spank their powerhouses

Greetings Vilili

Apr 2010
    Germany

Hi Vilili,

and welcome to our forum. Glad to have you on board I'd like to go through your questions 1 by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilili View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a returning player (stopped when tempest and stronghold where still shiny) and after a lot of reading and playing with borrowed/proxied decks i've begun to assemble goblins.
    I've used the anthology reprint to pick up most staples and am currently looking at the best way to finish the deck in my current meta.

[...]

I realise i'm committing myself to a deck that might not be DTB for a long time to come, but the playstyle and the feel of the deck fit me.
    The choice was sealed in stone after defeating Show and tell with a proxied goblins list, can't buy the look on ppl's face when little green men spank their powerhouses
    This is really great and I think this a perfect starting point, since goblins is a deck for 'lovers'.

I don't own ports nor any of the relevant duals for a splash, so i'm thinking of starting with an instigator list.
    This is purely a 'budget' choice as i will collect duals/ports and whatnot.
    Winstigator would simply allow me to start playing while i collect the rest.
    While duals lands and some non-red, nonartifact, SB-cards are handy sometimes, I don't think you need Rishadan Port to play the deck (in fact I havn't touched my playset of Ports for more than 1.5 years now). As you might have read in the opening post there is more than one viable goblin decklist and the Winstigator approach is one of them. In my oppinion Rishadn Port is not a good cardchoice for goblins right now. It is supposed to bind your opponents mana and delay him/her long enough so you can overwhelm him/her with your cardadvantage engine. However, most decks nowadays operate on only 3 mana and in it is very hard to keep them below that level. Manascrewing your oppnent entirely to the extent that he/she wont be able to actually cast spells is not going to happen either. This strategy is only really successful when you have an Aether Vial or Lackey online (read: when you don't have to pay mana for your spells). Overall you are much better off with casting yor own spells than with tapping opponent's lands.

I do have concerns about it's performance/survivability in my meta though:
    My meta is very combo heavy, i see storm, elves, metalworker on a permanent basis, things like 12post and high tide are alive, and also regularly there is affinity, lingering souls decks, miracles... and so on.
    Winstigator lists are way better against combo decks than the classic lists, especially if you fuel them with Chrome Moxen. WInstigator lists can go into combo-mode themselves (double-striking into Matron + Kiki-Jiki on turn 2). Classic lists are slightly better in aggro MUs, partly because of Mogg War Marshal. Winstigator lists are defintely superior in the fast MUs. Miracles should be a cakewalk for either version. So, the choice wether to pick up the Classic or WInstigator lists for me comes down to whether there are more midrange/aggro decks or combo/fastaggro decks in your metagame. To me your meta sounds like Winstigator is the correct choice.

After reading a lot in this thread and watching as many vids as possible i think the white splash would be strongest for me (although sandro's games are an eyeopener!)
    To me the most interestiing splash colors are green (for Tin Street Hooligan, Pendelhaven and [cards]Carpet of Flowers[/card]) and black (for Cabal Therapy and probably Earwig Squad).

I would like to know what ratio of chieftains - warchief i should try vs combo. I was aiming for a 3 chieftain 2 warchief split but would love to hear your thoughts.
    Depends on your decklist. The more Piledrivers and War Marshals you are playing the beter Goblin Warchief becomes. Warchief is also better against fast combo decks because of its cost reducing ability (which helps you unload your hand fast and kill your opponent faster). When you are playing with Chrome Moxen and Winstigator I don't find Warchief as strong as Chieftain. In general I prefer Chieftain over Warchief because the +1/+1 boost can force your LAckeys and Warren Instigator past Deathrite Shaman andStoneforge Mystic - which are not only the most frequently played creatures, but also are at the really strong against our deck strategy.
    I am currently on 0 Warchief and 4 Chieftain.

Second i'd like to ask, in your experience, how may duals are needed for a splash? My gut says 2 are needed but i had sushi earlier and am cautious...
    For instance, white splash with 4 thalias : 2 plateau's md, add 1 taiga for green (TSH). Or can i rely on CoS for the green mana there?
    For a 'deep' splashcolor I would say 2 duals are correct. This depends however on wether or not you expect your dual to get wasted in the MU where you need the splashcolor. E.g. I am currently playing B splash for 4 Cabal Therapy in my SB, which I want to bring in vs. combo decks. Combo decks won't punish me for fetching my Badlands early, so I play on one copy - as I know it will survive until the end of the game. I general I am in favor of less, rather than more, dualllands.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Rishadan Port is good, at times I have considered it our best two drop. However, I've noticed I'd much rather be able to cast my spells consistently. It would likely have been good versus the Food Chain deck I played (although not necessarily in our matches). Didn't miss it much this weekend.
    Nice. What about Stingscourger? I thought that at least one in the 75 was pretty much a must.

What do other Goblins players think?

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Nice. What about Stingscourger? I thought that at least one in the 75 was pretty much a must.

What do other Goblins players think?
    Definitely not a much. It's great versus some decks but not always what you want to be doing. Depends on the rest of your list and the expected metagame. It's obviously good versus Show and Tell and Reanimator, otherwise I like it against delver as bouncing it also resets it, and it can block a goyf. I could see it getting marginally better if Tasigur starts seeing more play, but most of the time delving shouldn't be a problem for those decks.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Definitely not a much. It's great versus some decks but not always what you want to be doing. Depends on the rest of your list and the expected metagame. It's obviously good versus Show and Tell and Reanimator, otherwise I like it against delver as bouncing it also resets it, and it can block a goyf. I could see it getting marginally better if Tasigur starts seeing more play, but most of the time delving shouldn't be a problem for those decks.
    Cool. I guess you are right that the Stingscourger is more of a meta-call. What do you think is the best way to resolve an Engineered Plague? I thought that putting more lords to counter the effect could be an answer, but i'm not sure. I was even thinking of Goblin King as a sideboard card against E. Plague decks and decks that run red as a way to give Goblins evasion.

Jan 2014
    Québec

Cool. I guess you are right that the Stingscourger is more of a meta-call. What do you think is the best way to resolve an Engineered Plague? I thought that putting more lords to counter the effect could be an answer, but i'm not sure. I was even thinking of Goblin King as a sideboard card against E. Plague decks and decks that run red as a way to give Goblins evasion.
    In my meta, Stingscourger is MVP, as he has won me more than his share of games.
    Also, I like Boartusk Liege as an anti-ePlague card, as is survives a lot of hate by itself and hits relatively hard.

Hello,

I am in a similar spot to vilili. This is the Goblins list I plan to play.

15 Mountain
    4 Cavern of Souls

4 Lackey
    4 Instigator
    4 Piledriver
    4 Warchief
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    4 Gem Incinerator
    3 Siege gang commander
    1 Krenko
    1 Skirk Prospector

4 Vial
    4 Chrome Mox

I was originally running tarfire/Mogg war marshall. But not being able to cast tarfire off a cavern is annoying, so I might try a winstigator approach. Anyone keen to test?

Thread Information