Page 135 of 509 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    Would a Goblin Hivemaster be good?
    For Legacy, it all comes down to CMC.
    If Goblin Hivemaster costs 1R then yeah, I'd try to find it a spot; a higher CMC than that is questionable.

What is "sorta" neat is that the picture of the 2 stoolies comes directly from the background of the legendary guy's picture. I'd laugh if the stoolies are more playable than the legend!

Jul 2011
    Canada

Hey,
    I used to run a rbg list, similar to mantis' list, but without that much ww-although as a one of it's quite nice to tutor up but the manabase is very unstable with all that fetches and stuff. Despite I like to have acess to Earwig Squad and Perish in the sideboard, especially because of the recently printed Sigarda ledgend, they play in maverick lists. With Geas Craddle it's quite hard to keep them off Zeniting for that.
    I was quite convinced that the new playstyle with WInstigator and Chieftain would work in the future but today I tried a list similar to gobolords and was overwehlmed of the power of Ports, since it kept me controlling the opponents speed until I could play a 3 drop or more and save my removal cause he didn't get fatties out.
    I came down to this:

Lands(21):
    4x Wasteland
    4x Cavern of Souls
    2x Rishadan Port
    9x Snow-Covered Mountain

Core(25):
    -1xPiledriver

Flex(14):
    3x Gempalm Incinerator
    2x Stingscourger
    3x Tarfire (over Bolt!)
    2x Mogg Fanatic
    1x Pyrokinesis

1x Skirk Prospecter
    1x Sharpshooter
    1x Mogg War-Marshall

I'm not all that sure about the sideboard:
    3x Relic of Progenitus
    2x Pyrokinesis
    2x Anarchie
    4x Chalice of the Void
    2x Pyroblast
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

But with Warmarshall Piledriver and MWM are ridicolously cheap and fast and overwhelm the opponent. Also Gempalm is a bomb, maybe playing all 4 and cutting one tarfire. I liked Fanatics and together with Skirk Prospecter and SGC we have better answers to Jitte than any artifact goblin can give. Also Vial can be activated more often and we have more one drops. It finally felt good to play goblins again!
    Gobbos: Kings of flavortext!

Dec 2011
    USA

If it helps anyone or anyone is curious just to look at multiple lists, here's what ive been pushing, though I have yet to upgrade cavern of souls because I do not, yet, own any.

14 mountain
    4 wasteland
    4 rishadan port
    4 aether vial (26 total non goblin cards)
    4 goblin lackey
    4 mogg war marshall
    4 goblin piledriver
    1 stingscourger
    4 gempalm incinerator
    4 goblin warchief
    4 goblin matron
    1 goblin sharpshooter
    1 goblin chieftan
    4 goblin ringleader
    1 tuk tuk scrapper
    2 seige gang commander (34 total goblins)

For the cavern of souls, I'll just cut 4 mountains, whether I leave in aether vial in after that or not, i know that's something some people look at, but I don't see cutting aether vial, I have no problems vialing in goblins so that i can use my mana for more goblin shenanigans!

ah, and as for splashing colors, If I get green, I have access to tin street hooligan, but i already have tuk tuk and that is enough, I can't goblin matron for it any faster really since matron costs 3, and the next turn, a 4 mana cost tuk tuk can still be put in just fine, as far as splashing black goes, i dont feel warren weirding is necessary with gempalm incinerator and sharpshooter and seige gang commander's ability and goblin matron to get to them faster. The only thing I dont have after that from black is the discard option (duress, thoughtseize, inquisition or w/e)

Also, for my metagame at least, Vexing Shusher is a staple sideboard card for me, it's a goblin to boot which makes it totally awesome! other sideboard cards change depending on my local meta, but not this guy. >^,^<
    Last edited by feline; 08-12-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: forgot 1 thing
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

It looks like we have our first one:
    Rummaging Goblin 2R
    Creature – Goblin Rogue (C)
    tap, Discard a card: Draw a card.
    1/1

I don't dislike him, but don't really know what else to say. May be awesome on lategame, getting extra cards, or recycling bad ones on the late.
    He helps find hate-non goblin cards too.
    But at 3cc, it might not be worthy...
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Jan 2007
    Birmingham, AL

Rummaging Goblin 2R
    1/1

I don't dislike him, but don't really know what else to say. May be awesome on lategame, getting extra cards, or recycling bad ones on the late.
    Def not worthy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Do you keep this hand?

Mountain
    Mountain
    Wasteland
    Piledriver
    Winstigator
    Winstigator
    Gempalm

On the play? On the Draw?

I say no to both. I would mull this on the play or draw. It doesn't have a 1-drop for speed. It doesn't have any functional removal for board control. It doesn't have Seige-Gang, Ringleader, or Matron for cards advantage. The best case scenario for this hand is cheating in a Winstigator and Piledriver turn 3, Wastlanding a land, and Gempalming a creature that for some reason didn't block. In other words it's a slow hand that also burns out quickly.
    I'm goin to agree with JRW on this. I say no to both as well but on the play its a bit stronger obviously. It depends on your list and maybe this is a better hand in some lists but it seems weak. Seems pretty weak against combo, RUG will butcher you surely, show and tell obv gonna butcher u here. Against maverick sure if they go mom and u attack and get that trade i guess its alright but what happens if they just untap with mom then sword instigator then play a mana guy? gg probably I bet unless u draw super good, plenty of other maverick plays I feel like that make this not so great.

Jul 2011
    Singapore, Singapore City

I think that saying "Goblins is good at topdecks" is no excuse for keeping what I still feel is a dodgy hand. Maybe you guys have a different list from me, but my list and style is very similar to jrw and I still feel that I'd rather take the chance of a mulligan than go in blind with this hand in the current meta.

Siege-Gang Commander
    Feb 2008
    The Netherlands

Rummaging Goblin 2R
    1/1

Rummaging Goblin will never get you extra cards: you MUST discard a card, before you may draw a card, because it is part of the activation cost. The card is useless...
    (Unless you plan on running Squee :p)

Apr 2012
    Mississauga, On

Oh, and please don't have the Goblin legend cost 4 mana. I don't care how broken they make him. Just make him cheap. A 2 drop, preferably. They printed Thalia. They can print an overpowered 2-drop goblin legend too.
    This is what needs to happen. The 3 slot is already full with Chieftain/Warchief and Matron Slots. It's the 2cmc slot that is the current hole that goblins needs to be filled. Other than Piledriver, Instigator and GWM isn't up there in terms or power level. We either need another one to either flat out replace piledriver or support him. With that Aether Vial will have a much better curve to support and having Lackey neutralized isn't just a tempo blow when the only thing we can cast after is Vial at one or a lone Piledriver.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Avatara View Post
    Rummaging Goblin will never get you extra cards: you MUST discard a card, before you may draw a card, because it is part of the activation cost. The card is useless...
    (Unless you plan on running Squee :p)
    Haven't realized that. /thought that if I had 0 cards, could draw one.
    Well, that sucks...

@2drop: I actually think that, what this deck needs is a good 1 drop.
    It was awesome when Fanatic was amazing. Now it is ok, but not how it used too be.
    Onlt 8 1 drops is awfully low... =/

Just mentioning.. Dragon Fodder kinda-reprint
    Krenko's Command 1R
    Sorcery
    Put two 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens onto the battlefield.

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Steamflogger View Post
    Just mentioning.. Dragon Fodder kinda-reprint
    Krenko's Command 1R
    Sorcery
    Put two 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens onto the battlefield.
    I'd much rather have Mogg War Marshal. Same CMC and 3 bodies. Plus, it's a goblin itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    I'd much rather have Mogg War Marshal. Same CMC and 3 bodies. Plus, it's a goblin itself.
    True. I still got my hopes up, especially since exalted is back, that we get our own nice Mogg pridemage.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Steamflogger View Post
    True. I still got my hopes up, especially since exalted is back, that we get our own nice Mogg pridemage.
    Don't hold your breath.
    I got thinking about the goblin card from Planechase again, and it has something I really enjoyed.
    Wizards don't print goblins with good stats. I mean, there i no 2cc 2/2 )there's Wardriver, but RR sucks there), no 3cc 3/3, and so on (unless they have a huge drawback, like Goblin Goon. But this guy is at 4cc, 4 total P/T.
    Not saying that he is good, but that maybe something cool is on the way...

This is the my current list:

// Lands
    13 [ON] Mountain (1)
    4 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    3 [TE] Wasteland

// Creatures
    3 [ON] Goblin Piledriver
    3 [M10] Goblin Chieftain
    4 [SC] Goblin Warchief
    4 [US] Goblin Matron
    4 [AP] Goblin Ringleader
    2 [10E] Siege-Gang Commander
    3 [LE] Gempalm Incinerator
    4 [US] Goblin Lackey
    1 [WWK] Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 [PLC] Stingscourger
    3 [ZEN] Warren Instigator
    1 [TE] Mogg Fanatic

// Spells
    4 [DS] AEther Vial
    3 [LRW] Tarfire

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [WWK] Tuktuk Scrapper
    SB: 1 [PLC] Stingscourger
    SB: 3 [AT] Pyrokinesis
    SB: 3 [5E] Pyroblast
    SB: 1 [AT] Goblin Tinkerer
    SB: 2 [IA] Anarchy
    SB: 3 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 1 [ON] Goblin Sharpshooter

Need some advices: should i play more removal in my mb?
    Actually, i think that the 3 Warren Instigator are the most flexible slots, and i´m thinking on replace them for more removal and +1 chieftain.
    Hope some feedback.
    Thanks

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by PedroFilipe92 View Post
    Need some advices: should i play more removal in my mb?
    You've got a solid list up. The only thing I would suggest is cutting down to only 2 Pyrokinesis, and I only say that because I've never wanted a third pyrokinesis in a game. Plus you have enough goblin-shaped removal that you already have the removal angle covered.

I would also take the Pyros out of the SB and just put them in the MD. Maybe shave off 2 tarfires or whathaveyou. This will make your deck stronger against creature based decks G1 (which are about 80% of the format). It will also free up 3 slots in your SB which could be tuned for your meta.

I would also take the Pyros out of the SB and just put them in the MD. Maybe shave off 2 tarfires or whathaveyou. This will make your deck stronger against creature based decks G1 (which are about 80% of the format). It will also free up 3 slots in your SB which could be tuned for your meta.
    Well, maybe -1 Instigator, -1 tarfire to +2 pyroknesis mb?

And the 3 slots in the sb, could be something against combo, like Thorn of Amethyst?

Jul 2008
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by PedroFilipe92 View Post
    Well, maybe -1 Instigator, -1 tarfire to +2 pyroknesis mb?

And the 3 slots in the sb, could be something against combo, like Thorn of Amethyst?
    Chalice of the void is better then Thorn if you ask me

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by 1maarten1 View Post
    Chalice of the void is better then Thorn if you ask me
    They both have their uses. It really depends what kind of combo you're trying to hate out.

For example, Chalice does nothing against Hive Mind.

Jul 2008
    Netherlands

They both have their uses. It really depends what kind of combo you're trying to hate out.

why not? Chalice counters all pacts doesn't it? Or am i missing something. Chalice better against hyper genesis also. Thorn is better then chalice against sneaky show but I don't know if I would even bother boarding it in in that MU.

Chalice is awesome against hive mind, set it on 0.

On another note, I think it might be time to start cutting Tuktuk Scrapper from the main deck. I haven't seen any stoneblade lists in a while and I hate drawing it any other matchup.

Thread Information