Page 143 of 509 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins 2.0

Goblins, wrecking house since 2004.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Goblins, wrecking house since 2004.
    I was watching the match, it felt like 2005 (Goblins vs. Canadian)
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Jun 2012
    Argentina

Go go goblin rangers!!!

Brad Campbell played brilliantly. I went to his profile and it says that he plays Goblins "(Stole Jim Davis's list)" lol. So I thought that he plays Jim Davis's previous list but without the Mental Missteps or Jim Davis's list with the Chieftain.

Nope. Exact 75 as Jim Davis's current list.

Brad lives in Indiana so I wonder how he got Jim Davis's latest list. People with high connections.

Interesting choices:
    - Only 1 SGC? I normally like two so I can draw him in the late game rather than relying on Matron. He wins games.
    - Grafdigger's Cage? Probably against Dredge and Reanimator. It also goes against GSZ and Persist. I don't know, I will look more into it.
    - No anti-storm / combo sideboard. Meta choice, I suppose.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Yay, Goblins made it. Congrats on the finish. Can someone post the list here, please?

Besides, these are the update notes:

VI. Update notes

June 16th 2012
    * NEW: “Acknowledgements”
    * changed the design of “Table of Contents”
    * NEW: “History” of Goblins
    * NEW: “Strategy” of Goblins
    * updated the section about “Mana”
    * removed Piledriver from the “Core”
    * rewrote ~85% of the explanations on the “Flex Slots”
    * NEW: explanations about Dismember and Pyrokinesis in the MD
    * NEW: explanation on Anarchy and Virtue’s Ruin in the “Sideboard” section
    * Changed the design and contents of the “Others”-Sideboard cards (III.e)
    * renamed “Untested and Bad Cards” into “Outside the Box” and updated the lists
    * NEW: section for tournament reports
    * NEW: section for update notes
    * minor corrections in grammar and spelling
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Jul 2008
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Yay, Goblins made it. Congrats on the finish. Can someone post the list here, please?
    Maindeck:
    Artifacts
    4 Aether Vial

Creatures
    4 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tin Street Hooligan

Basic Lands
    4 Mountain

Lands
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Rishadan Port
    1 Taiga
    4 Wasteland
    3 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard:
    3 Grafdigger's Cage
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tin Street Hooligan
    3 Pyrokinesis
    4 Red Elemental Blast

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Goblins Wins Indianapolis!

Well done Brad.
    Amazing!

Jun 2012
    Argentina

holding my breath until he atacked with the 3 buddies. I'm happy, is strange XD

Quote Originally Posted by SaberTooth View Post
    Where can I see the finals?

Jun 2012
    Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by PedroFilipe92 View Post
    i don't know... maybe youtube o scg.com?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by SaberTooth View Post
    I was doing the same thing! I knew he had to be thinking, 'If my opponent has a Bolt and I attack here, I lose.' But, the flipside was, if his opponent had a Bolt and Brad DIDN'T attack, Brad was probably going to lose anyway.'
    There were, what, 2 Goyfs out that were both lethal, so if the Thresh player had a Bolt he would have cleared Brad's board the next turn with Bolt and Goyfs anyway. That would have left Brad with no gobbos and no hand facing down 2 lethal goyfs. Plopping his nuts on the table and turning everything sideways for the W in a close game was the only way to go.
    That was also the most exciting finish to a SCG 5K I've ever seen.
    Also, Brad played like a champ. I was really impressed. Against Elves when he Stingscourgered the Llanowar and opened himself up to cheat in Sharpshooter, that was awesome. Then when he Pyrokinesis'd the elf board away G2, I almost had to wipe a tear of joy away. Against Thresh he mulled like a champ. He did a great job Gempalming Insects on his opponent's upkeep to decrease Stifle's value. He played around Daze G2 or 3 when he cast his Vial T2. The Vial got forced and the force got REB'd and the REB got dazed, but I was still impressed that he went for the play around Daze route casting Vial T2 anyway. The only thing he did that I didn't like was he didn't crack fetches in response his opponent being tapped out enough. It seemed to me that there weren't going to be any Artifacts coming down on his opponent's side, so Brad wasn't going to need to fetch Taiga ever. Cracking the fetches when they couldn't be Stifled seemed like the better play. Whoops! Just saw that the Thresh list actually wasn't running Stifle! Nevermind then.

yeah in before the attack you have to know the RUG player doesn't have the bolt, because after attacking with the 2 goyfs burning out he warchief leaves you dead in turn or 2, if you give him credit to know what he is doing

Resident Proctologist
    Oct 2008
    Muncie, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by L10 View Post
    Brad Campbell played brilliantly. I went to his profile and it says that he plays Goblins "(Stole Jim Davis's list)" lol. So I thought that he plays Jim Davis's previous list but without the Mental Missteps or Jim Davis's list with the Chieftain.

Nope. Exact 75 as Jim Davis's current list.

Brad lives in Indiana so I wonder how he got Jim Davis's latest list. People with high connections.
    Or, much more likely, he just stole it from the internet the previous day. Jim davis played in the invitational and did well (23rd), his list was up there saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroFilipe92 View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/scglive/b/321802068
    6:23 - Brad Campbell vs. Dustin Taylor (RUG Delver) - Finals
    5:48 - Brad Campbell vs. Chris Anderson (Elves) - Quarter Finals

http://www.twitch.tv/scglive/b/321545154
    5:20 - Jim Davis vs. Ali Aintrazi (RUG Delver) - Round 5/16

Quote Originally Posted by DrHealex View Post
    Or, much more likely, he just stole it from the internet the previous day. Jim davis played in the invitational and did well (23rd), his list was up there saturday.
    Good point. I didn't know. I have not paid attention to MtG since Spring due to schooling (going for Masters), and my buddy just called my cell last night saying "Elton! GOBLINS AT FINALS!". Best call I had in months.

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    I was doing the same thing! I knew he had to be thinking, 'If my opponent has a Bolt and I attack here, I lose.' But, the flipside was, if his opponent had a Bolt and Brad DIDN'T attack, Brad was probably going to lose anyway.'
    There were, what, 2 Goyfs out that were both lethal, so if the Thresh player had a Bolt he would have cleared Brad's board the next turn with Bolt and Goyfs anyway. That would have left Brad with no gobbos and no hand facing down 2 lethal goyfs. Plopping his nuts on the table and turning everything sideways for the W in a close game was the only way to go.
    I feel like this is some good advice for the newer players out there - sometimes you just have to make them have it. If him having a bolt is the only reason the attack is bad, make him have the bolt.

This same line of thinking applies to the age old T1 Lackey vs. Vial debate. If you find yourself thinking that Lackey is awful if he is holding Swords but amazing otherwise, make him send the Lackey to the farm.

Don't get me wrong here though - often playing around some undesirable spell (i.e. Daze, Stifle) is absolutely the right play. Sometimes you just have to go for it.

On a related note - 0 Chieftains and 4x War Marshal is interesting to me. It seems like Chieftain would allow him to push more damage through, and allow all of those tokens to be a little scarier for his opponents.

Here's hoping that Brad is on the source and is willing to give us his thoughts about his list and the games he played. I'm especially curious whether or not Port was at all useful.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Congrats to Brad.
    I really did not agreed with some plays he made on the last game, but can't really blame him. The only thing that comes to mind is: He decided to play his Vial T2, to play around Daze. Then, he oppenede himself to Daze T2 casting ReB on FoW. I can't justify that line of play. Maybe someone can. (jwr thinks the same as me I guess. And man, he did know his opponent did not had Stifles)
    One thing that he did really well, was deciding when to attack. Turning a Ringleader sideways, while at low life, and with your opponent with 2-3 dudes, is something hard to do. I need to see that again, and the other games I missed. Thanks for the links L10.

@GobboLord: Will read those parts later. Thanks!

Edit: Thinking about it, ReB could be a great play, because if opponent FoW'd again, great, and if he Dazed, like he did, that ment no Goy next turn. I don't understand though why h chose not to Port the opponent next turn then...
    Last edited by ScatmanX; 06-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Dec 2010
    Czech Republic

So goblins finaly made to top8 again. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad. With this some players will consider deck threat and Plagues might show up. One top8 probably won't do it but if somebody would score again, I don't know...

Commentators brought up funny topic "goblins forever" - are you cursed by goblins too? I think this could be common amongst goblin players since deck doesn't change much and 'dat feelin' from playing ringleader into four goblins and win out of nowhere is priceless. As for myself, I played goblins back in extended (like 5 years ago) for some time, after they made rotate changes so I tried legacy, but lmy field was like White wennies, storm, something black with plagues, burn and dredge. After some lousy tournaments I sold them (worst decision of my life - almost every single card hit the lowest price ever). Tried some other decks (burn, dragonstompy) but never liked it. So like 2 years ago I bought whole deck again for like double price I sold it... :D

Sometimes you just have to go for it.

On a related note - 0 Chieftains and 4x War Marshal is interesting to me. It seems like Chieftain would allow him to push more damage through, and allow all of those tokens to be a little scarier for his opponents.
    [/QUOTE]

This is why i shifted from warchiefs to chieftains for an aggro mono red list. Coupled with tarfires for extra reach, and thorns and COV to help race combo, I have found the aggro route more consistent.

Against dredge 2/2 zombies for example, you just sometimes need bigger Gobbos than 1/1 dudes plus piledrivers.

Apr 2007
    Somewhere in Germany

Great...I also sometimes didn't agreed with all plays he made, but at he won (in game three he didn't level the vial up a few turns without having a hand and having 3 lands. I didn't count, which spells he already played and how many spells he has left on 3, 4 or 5, but at that point each uncounterable Ringleader and SGC has been game!
    (but maybe, he didn't has any left in his library)

The thing with the REB was good, I would have played it the same way. If the opponent don't have a Daze, you traded 2:2 and have a vial in play. If he have another Force or daze, you trade 4:3 in your favour or 3:3 and left your opponent being without a land, while you have two. At that point you also know, that your opponent has -2 Counterspells! Good for your spells in turn 3!

IMO, the opponent of Brad made a bad mistake, taking the Delver with the ponder. He was on six and knows, that every Ringleader, SGC etc. could have lost the game while having 2 Tarmogoyfs in play.
    Of course you can say: "If Brad didn't would have drawn an Incinerator, the delver would have flipped and with Delver, two goyfs and a Bolt, Brad's opponent would have won". But the chance for Brad, drawing a SGC, Matron, Ringleader, Incinerator...was higher than not to draw on of them. But I think, that was a coinflip, wasn't it?

Dec 2011
    USA

I have been pushing 4 mogg war marshalls since I made my list a few months ago, I realized the only 4 of for the 2 slot converted mana cost was goblin piledriver, after that however, especially with more tokens/ 1/1 goblins, i still main deck 1 goblin chieftan, it's awesome when you have out a ring leader / warchief / mogg war marshal tokens / goblin matron, all those 1/1 - 2/2 goblins become 2/2 - 3/3.
    Last edited by feline; 08-12-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Thread Information