Page 189 of 509 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Re: [DTB] Goblins

Earwig Squad, an awesome card. IF you could cheat it into play to trigger the effect. The way its designed makes it clunky and bad.

Raging River, eh? Id prefer Goblin War Drums. Fits the theme better, too :D
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelis View Post
    There have been times that people ran only 3 or 2. I always advocated 4 when others advocated less and now it's the other way around. Funny. I'm running 3 because I don't want to cut the 4th MWM nor one of my lands for Krenko. It has probably to do with different metagames. My metagame is aggro orientated so I like MWM more. Besides now that Sharpshooter and Skirk Prospector are in the main MWM is just better than the 4th Piley if you ask me.
    I agree with your opinion and I'm lean towards your justification.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Raging River
    I stumbled over this card. I won't explain in detail what my thoughts are behind this card - I'm waitring for you to gve your impressin on this, first. Please read the card carefully before commenting on it.
    This effectively cuts their blockers in half right? They choose left/right first. Since we get to choose second we can just overload one side. Seems... cute? It's not a goblin (obviously) and therefore makes our opponents counterspells better simply by giving them a target. I'm not sold on this card yet. In many situations I'd rather just play Stingscourger.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    That's what came into my mind:

Earwig Squad - vs. Equipments, Combo, Semi-Combo and random Controldecks
    Boartusk Liege - vs. Engineered Plague
    Tuktuk Scrapper/Tin Street Hooligan - vs. Artifacts, especially Equipments
    Mogg Fanatic/Skirk Prospector - vs. Dredge, Lifelinks and Jitte-Triggers
    Stingscourger - vs. Sneak Show and Reanimator
    Caller of the Claw - vs. Pyroclasm, Rough and Firespout
    Goblin Sharpshooter - vs Goblin, Elves, Affinity
    Mirror Entity - vs Merfolk

Have to call nonsense here. No Slingshot Goblin in that list.
    In response...Hypothek!

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by I am the brainwasher View Post
    Have to call nonsense here. No Slingshot Goblin in that list.
    *fixed
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

(2) Raging River
    I stumbled over this card. I won't explain in detail what my thoughts are behind this card - I'm waitring for you to gve your impressin on this, first. Please read the card carefully before commenting on it.
    Well, this is our current mana base:

0-4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    10-14 Mountain
    0-1 Skirk Prospector

I think the card may have use if I have 14 Mountains and a Skirk Prospector backup. Otherwise, I don't see us casting it the with its RR cost. As for the card itself, I need to give it more thought. It is actually pretty interesting.

Oh, and thanks for the Flash of Insight. It was an interesting read.

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

Wouldn't raging river have the problems that other cards (e.g., pyrokinesis) have in this deck--that is to say, it's not a goblin, nor does it have legs? I agree that RR could be great at making at least one PD hit your opponent, but for that same mana you can cast a SS, or two of them with haste off a warchief, or GI a problem blocker, or put an MWM into play... the list goes on.

I think personally that goblins excels at being a high-synergy deck, which means that the more goblins you can cram in here the better. Adding more non-goblins dilutes the potency. Probably a "durr" thing to say.

Which feeds into the Goblin SB idea--I really like it. Since they are all goblins, they all can be used as attackers after they are relevant/if they become incapacitated (pithing needle on Fanatic, as a highly unlikely example). Why boartusk, though? I think I'd rather run Chieftains and a King (bye bye RUG delver) than the Liege. However, if the reason is Vial @ 4, I can understand the reasoning.

Why boartusk, though? I think I'd rather run Chieftains and a King (bye bye RUG delver) than the Liege. However, if the reason is Vial @ 4, I can understand the reasoning.[/QUOTE]

The boartusk gives protection against double engineered plague which chieftains and non haste enabling kings don't. Probably the reason why, seeing as people may be expecting more goblin hate as we are once again a DTB.

Quote Originally Posted by orcanmail View Post
    Why boartusk, though? I think I'd rather run Chieftains and a King (bye bye RUG delver) than the Liege. However, if the reason is Vial @ 4, I can understand the reasoning.
    The boartusk gives protection against double engineered plague which chieftains and non haste enabling kings don't. Probably the reason why, seeing as people may be expecting more goblin hate as we are once again a DTB.[/QUOTE]

Liege is very hard to kill. Doesn't die to Bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasan View Post
    has anyone an idea for the mirror match? are there cards that help me win against another goblin deck?
    Mirror match usually comes down to who has more active vials and can get more matrons/ringleaders. For this reason you leave in Hooligan and possibly board in the 2nd. Lackeys are terrible in the mirror and should be boarded out for Pyrokinesis. Basically everything gets blown up on both sides and whoever runs out of gas first loses.

The reason Pyrokinesis is bonkers is you're usually getting a 2/2 or 3/2 against decks who will run out of gas before you. The card you pitch doesn't matter when you're just gonna reload off a matron or ringleader. The card is just such a beating for elves, maverick, and the mirror. I strongly advise at least 3 in your SBs. I've never lost to elves when I resolve one of these.

And why are we trying to figure out how to beat double plague with bad cards like Boartusk Liege. If they have double plague shake their hand and congratulate them on being good at magic. You're diluting your SB worrying about a situation that will probably occur one out of every three tournaments.

Boartusk Liege is also good against Pyroclasm effects as well as a single Engineered Plague. However, I don't remember seeing them in anyone's 75 recently. Boartusk shouldn't be in anyone's SB currently.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    And why are we trying to figure out how to beat double plague with bad cards like Boartusk Liege. If they have double plague shake their hand and congratulate them on being good at magic. You're diluting your SB worrying about a situation that will probably occur one out of every three tournaments.
    Also in the mirror I find playing 4 x chieftains instead of 4 x warchiefs gives me an advantage, plus i play 10 removal, 4 x tarfire, 4 x gempalm, 2 x stingscourger, not to mention 2 x SGC.

So when i board out 4 x lackeys for 3 x pyros, i have 1 spare for my boartusk so all my goblins are BIGGER than theirs, and i have shit loads of removal.

I haven't lost to a warchief build yet.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

That sounds like arguably the worst plan I've ever heard. I can't understand why this deck would EVER board out Goblin Lackey, in any matchup across legacy. Tarfire is the card that's being good to you. Yes, being able to play the control role in the mirror is great, but you have to win with 0 Warchief to help you go broken, and you'll be paying for those Shocks against Combo and Control. It doesn't sound worth it to me. Just my 2cents.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad
    Mirror match usually comes down to who has more active vials and can get more matrons/ringleaders. For this reason you leave in Hooligan and possibly board in the 2nd. Lackeys are terrible in the mirror and should be boarded out for Pyrokinesis. Basically everything gets blown up on both sides and whoever runs out of gas first loses.
    I beg to differ about siding out Lackeys. A T1 Lackey on the play with removal backup is a W in the mirror. Their only outs are Pyrokinesis, Tarfire, and Fanatic, and pyro's the only one that's regularly played, so you get to 2-1 them. Besides, what are you siding in that's better? Siding out Piledrivers is a better move since they're slower than Lackey and are just going to trade with chump-blockers all match anyway.

I must admit that i like to keep my goblin card count high and casting costs low, so in the mirror i normally side out vials not lackeys, so i have

3 pyros
    4 lackeys
    4 tarfire
    3 mwm
    2 piledrivers
    2 warren instigators
    2 stingscourgers
    4 gempalms
    4 chieftains
    4 matrons
    krenko
    4 ringleaders
    boartusk ( ok debatable, sharpshooter would be better )
    2 sgc

20 land

lots of pressure, lots of buffed up goblins and removal. I seriously with this. beat warchief builds

Quote Originally Posted by troopatroop View Post
    That sounds like arguably the worst plan I've ever heard. I can't understand why this deck would EVER board out Goblin Lackey, in any matchup across legacy. Tarfire is the card that's being good to you. Yes, being able to play the control role in the mirror is great, but you have to win with 0 Warchief to help you go broken, and you'll be paying for those Shocks against Combo and Control. It doesn't sound worth it to me. Just my 2cents.
    The reason to board out Lackey is because it's the worst top deck you can possibly have in the mid to late game. I honestly don't care if you hit me with a lackey and drop whatever. I'll gladly tick up my vial and Pyrokinesis your board away while taking control of the game. I'm not saying this on a whim. I recently tested about 30 post board games and drawing a Lackey is actually just the worst. After the initial hit the card is a merfolk of the pearl trident that doesn't do anything. Vials matter. Lackeys don't

Quote Originally Posted by orcanmail View Post
    I must admit that i like to keep my goblin card count high and casting costs low, so in the mirror i normally side out vials not lackeys, so i have

3 pyros
    4 lackeys
    4 tarfire
    3 mwm
    2 piledrivers
    2 warren instigators
    2 stingscourgers
    4 gempalms
    4 chieftains
    4 matrons
    krenko
    4 ringleaders
    boartusk ( ok debatable, sharpshooter would be better )
    2 sgc

20 land

lots of pressure, lots of buffed up goblins and removal. I seriously with this. beat warchief builds
    I'd much rather be competitive against the rest of the field than be loaded for the mirror. Having all those lords is good and well in the mirror but losing the cost reduction and potential shenanigans that warchief provides seems like a mistake to me. Also, 4 Tarfire? Card is just bad versus pretty much everything outside of the mirror, elves, and maverick. I don't want glorified shocks in my deck when I'd rather be playing for the late game where I can bury them in card advantage.

oh another debate! tarfire is so good against flipped delvers, as well as stoneforge mystics. it also helps do those extra few points of damage at the end, which added to extra chieftain damage over warchief, and also opponents using fetchlands to hurt themselves, have won me many tight games. being able to matron and ringleader for tarfire and keeping the mana curve low makes them very playable in a removal heavy chieftain / winstigator build.

Thread Information