Page 256 of 509 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Well for my deck, which has been going through a lot of tinkering. I have decided to get around the idea of making a deck R/B since they are my favorite combination with Goblins, so I got ideas from the man who won 11th place in Starcity Tournament, B-Rad's sideboard, and Enrico Fanciullini who won 1st place.

Here is my deck:

Artifact: 4
    4x Aether Vials

Creatures: 34
    4x Goblin Lackey's
    4x Goblin Matron's
    4x Goblin Ringleader's
    4x Goblin Warchief's
    4x Goblin Piledriver
    3x Gempalm Incinerator
    2x Stingscourcher
    2x Goblin Chieftain (I love having two just in case because any opponent I go against are always going to get rid of our Haste! GOBLINS NEED HASTE! (In my opinion...)
    1x Goblin Pyromancer (Used to use Goblin Lookout but after seeing the man getting 11th place with Goblin Pyromancer, I should give it a shot.)
    1x Lightning Crafter (Love exiling my Matron, Ringleader, or maybe even Pyromancer with Vial so I can do it again, if he dies : D)
    1x Legion Loyalist (Play him out once I get my Piledrivers and with haste! BAM!! GG!!)
    1x Krenko, Mob Boss
    2x Siege-Gang Commander (Thinking of replacing one of them with Legion Loyalist...)

Lands: 20x
    4x Auntie's Hovel
    8x Mountain
    4x Cavern of Souls
    4x Rishadan Port's

Spells: 3x
    3x Tarfires

Sideboard: 15x
    3x Earwig Squad
    3x Mindbreak Trap
    3x Relic of Progentius (Thinking of replacing these with Rakdos Charm's)
    2x Angel of Despair (Thinking of replacing with Thorn of Amethyst or something else.)
    2x Pyrokinesis
    1x Tutuk Scrapper
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter

The metagame where i play is full of jund and junk rock, so i'm having dificult time because that kind of decks completely obliterate goblins, the creatures are much better and "mass removal" as pernicious deed and punishing fire backed up with bolt, hymn to tourach and swords to plowshares is way to much.

Back in extended goblins completely decimates rock decks because of Patriarch's Bidding and Living Death.

Can this cards make the cut to current legacy metagame against Jund/Rock decks?
    If so how would you build the deck?

Creatures [30]
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Sparksmith
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    3 Mogg Fanatic
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Skirk Prospector

Sorceries [3]
    1 Patriarch's Bidding
    2 Living Death

Artifacts [7]
    3 Chrome Mox
    4 Aether Vial

Lands [20]
    2 Swamp
    3 Rishadan Port
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Sulfurous Springs
    7 Mountain

sb:
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Cranial Extraction
    3 Flametongue Kavu
    3 Pyrostatic Pillar
    2 Sword of Fire and Ice

This a list of Extended [Tp_6th_ChK] is it possible to update it to legacy?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    1 Patriarch's Bidding
    2 Living Death
    This might actually be a good idea in a jund/junk infested meta, and even agains Esper. I might buy some Living Death's to try this out after I win today's legacy.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    This might actually be a good idea in a jund/junk infested meta, and even agains Esper. I might buy some Living Death's to try this out after I win today's legacy.
    Who would you build the mana base?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Who would you build the mana base?
    This is where I'm at:
    Goblin Bidings
    4 Badlands
    3 Auntie's Hovel
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Mountain
    4 Rishadan Port

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    2 Siege-Gang Commander

1 Goblin Sharpshoter
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirrorbreaker
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Lightning Crafter

2 Stingscourger
    3 Gempalm Incinerator

3 Living Death

Sideboard
    1 Living Death
    4 Pyrokinesis

2 Surgical Extraction

2 Duress
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    1 ReB
    2 Confusion in the Ranks

1 Tuktuk Scrapper

This is where I'm at:
    Goblin Bidings
    4 Badlands
    3 Auntie's Hovel
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Mountain
    4 Rishadan Port

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    2 Siege-Gang Commander

1 Goblin Sharpshoter
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Lightning Crafter

2 Stingscourger
    3 Gempalm Incinerator

3 Living Death

Sideboard
    1 Living Death
    4 Pyrokinesis

2 Surgical Extraction

2 Duress
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    1 ReB
    2 Confusion in the Ranks

1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    I think it should have at least 1 or 2 more Prospector, you always want this guy on the table before setting up a Living death to clean your guys, also i really like Mogg War Marshal it kinda gives the deck a combo feelling, what do you think?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

I think it should have at least 1 or 2 more Prospector, you always want this guy on the table before setting up a Living death to clean your guys, also i really like Mogg War Marshal it kinda gives the deck a combo feelling, what do you think?
    I do agree that the 2nd Prospector would be great.
    Don't see the point on MWM tohugh. Ramping?

And the deck does have it's combos:
    Prospector + Kiki + Crafter
    Kiki + Crafter + Shooter

I'm thinkig to test this one when I get time, and see if the concept is even worth it, then pick up from there.

I do agree that the 2nd Prospector would be great.
    Don't see the point on MWM tohugh. Ramping?

And the deck does have it's combos:
    Prospector + Kiki + Crafter
    Kiki + Crafter + Shooter

I'm thinkig to test this one when I get time, and see if the concept is even worth it, then pick up from there.
    After resolving a living death the triggers of matron and ringleader gives you more goblins (obvious i know, but bare with me), if you have 1 or 2 warchief on the table and a war marshal on the deck you can go nuts, a situation where you only get few goblins can turn in a kill, because you can use the goblins that you have draw after the ringleader triggers.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

After resolving a living death the triggers of matron and ringleader gives you more goblins (obvious i know, but bare with me), if you have 1 or 2 warchief on the table and a war marshal on the deck you can go nuts, a situation where you only get few goblins can turn in a kill, because you can use the goblins that you have draw after the ringleader triggers.
    You're right. Will see what can change for more Prospectors.
    Edit before edit: Actually, will test the way it is. Give how the meta is now, I don't see a deck winning after I resolve a Living Death, even if I don't manage to kill my opponent on the same turn.

I always loved using Goblin Bidding! It is actually my all time favorite against friends, but the most difficult decision using Patriarch's Bidding and Living Death is the dumb spells that counter them! If you can sideboard them I think it would be awesome but other than that, it is hard to say the least when going against Merfolk or decks that can counter a spell (blue...the bane of all Goblin decks...) Just make sure your deck does not surround Patriarch's Bidding and Living Death. It will be a nightmare if they counter your spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksire View Post
    I always loved using Goblin Bidding! It is actually my all time favorite against friends, but the most difficult decision using Patriarch's Bidding and Living Death is the dumb spells that counter them! If you can sideboard them I think it would be awesome but other than that, it is hard to say the least when going against Merfolk or decks that can counter a spell (blue...the bane of all Goblin decks...) Just make sure your deck does not surround Patriarch's Bidding and Living Death. It will be a nightmare if they counter your spell.
    My problem is not the "counters" matchups, you can easly sideboard them out for Pyroblast or something else and you still have cavern and aether vial, in my meta most of the decks are junds and rocks and as i said before is virtually impossible winning those matches, with Living death i think that will be almost impossible losing to those decks.

My current List is like this:
    4 Badlands
    4 Sulfurous Springs
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Mountain
    2 Rishadan Port

4 Aether Vial

4 Goblin Lackey
    3 Skirk Prospector
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Goblin Sharpshoter
    1 Lightning Crafter
    2 Stingscourger
    1 Gempalm Incinerator

3 Living Death

Is building in a slow graveyard based combo really the answer to Deathrite Shaman?

How much removal are you guys currently running? I'm counting everything from 0 to 2 mana at Instant speed. Most lists I've seen over the last few pages have about 6.
    If 6 appears to be the latest state of the art I might be interested in cutting one from my current 7 since I'm looking for a flex slot (Legion Loyalist or Sparksmith).

I just run the 4 Incinerators.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Over the weekend I played a brief 3 rounds.

Lands 2-1
    He got the lock G1.
    I had a super fast hand G2 and just beat him before he could get the lock.
    G3 I had RiP to stop him from recurring and TSH for his Ensnaring Bridge.

Death and Taxes 0-2
    I had pretty terrible hands both games and he had SoFaI.

Junk
    G1 he plays Top on a 1 lander. I stomp him.
    G2 he beats me down with an Ooze.
    G3 I for some reason don't side in RiP because I'm dumb and get crushed by KotR x2.

Oh for some reason wrote "at Instant speed" but also wanted to count Stinger. Well ok, let's say removal (bounce, damage...) that can be cast turn 2 to pave the way for Lackey.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Report time!
    4-0ed my local last night. Feels good to be playing again =]
    List:
    4 Wasteland
    2 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    11 Mountain
    1 Chrome Mox

4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    3 Goblin Warchief
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    3 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Warren Instigator

2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Kiki Jiki, Mirrorbreaker

2 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Lightning Bolt

Sideboard
    2 Chalice of the Void
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 ReB
    2 Chrome Mox

2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Relic of Progenitus

1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter

Round 1 - Punishing Jund
    Game 1 - I'm on the draw with Vial, he leads with Shaman into Seize + Hymn. I loose pretty much all my hand. Bolt takes care of Shaman, Piledriver comes in with Vial, while Lackey on the table, and I play Chieftain. He had taken a lot of dmg by himself with a Sylvan Livrary, Seize + Fetches, and falls to 1. He gets P.Fire online, but cannot kill all my dudes because has a fetch and not a R source on the table. Close one.
    In: 2 Relics, 1 Scrapper
    Out: 3 Instigators
    Game 2 - He leads with Shaman, I Bolt it. He plays Goyf. I realize no one had cracked a Fetch. 2nd Bolt kills goyf (Bolt better than Tarfire#1). He plays lilli, I discard something, hit lilli with Chieftain, he makes me sacrifice it, and plays another Lilly. I play Ringleader, draw a bunch, hit Lilly. He is stuck on 3 lands for the whole game. A Kithcne Finks is not enough to stop me, and I win.
    (Port was really good on the 2nd game. After Ringleader I Ported the shit out of his black sources, and it was worth it).

Round 2 - Esperblade
    Game 1 - I keep a Lackey slow hand, with 2 Wastes, a Port, a Caverns and a Mountain. On the draw I'd have mulliganed this, but on the Play it's actually quite good against Esper. He StP's it from basic Plains, then IoKs me from basic Swamp. Then gets a basic Island and a collorless land. I Port hiw white source every turn, and make all my landdrops. He Snap + IoK me again, taking a chieftain. When I get to 5 mana, I draw a Matron, that gets me a Ringleader (all Cavern protected - he had FoW), and I play it and continue to Port him. He play Karakas. I Waste and continue to Port the W source, playing a 2nd Ringleader. I don't get greedy and keep working on his manabase, ealing 3-5 dmg a turn. I kill him and he shows me Stoneforge and Supreme Veredict.
    In: 1 Tuktuk, 1 Sharpshooter, 2 C.Mox.
    Out: 1 Piledriver, 1 Mountain, 2 Chieftain
    (The Mox came in because the easiest way we can lose to Esperblade is a protected Batterskull on T3. Mox helps solve that problem a little, by casting an Instigator T1 on the draw, or ramping your Warchief, so you can better fight the Batterskull. On the play 2 Mox would come out)
    Game 2 - He mulls. I again keep a slow hand, but with 2 Bolts. He IoKs one, but Ringleader remains in my hand. I don't remember much about this one, but I topdeck a Matron T3, and bury him on CA again, with Bolt clearing the way from Stoneforge.

Round 3 - Glimpse Affinity
    Game 1 - I keep a 2 lander with Bolt and Instigator on the draw. Bolt kills a dude, Instigator comes down, but I miss the 3rd land drop, and lose from there.
    In: 1 Tuktuk, 1 Sharpshooter, 2 Mox, 2 Kinesis, 2 Chalice, 2 Trap
    Out: 4 Vial, 3 Chieftain, 1 SGC, 1 Piledriver, 1 Cavern of Souls
    Game 2 - I keep Chalice, Trap, Piledriver, Mox, and lands. T1 Chalice@0 go. He does nothing for 3 turns, until he gets to 3 mana, cast Glimpse, the battlecry dude Frogmite, and Thoughtcast, which I Trap. He passes. I play a Ringleader that gets me Lackey, Gempalm, Instigator. He plays a 4/4 guy. I draw Kinesis, play Lackey and Instigator and pass, with 4 dudes on the table. He passes. I eot cycle Gempalm (5 lands now) to kill the 4/4. My turn I draw Ringleader, that gets me 2 dudes. I remove 1 to Kinesis to clear his board and start bashing. Ends in 2 turns.
    Game 3 - I keep a hand without hate when he mulls, but with Lackey, Bolt, gempalm, Matron and 3 lands. I play Lackey, and just play land T2. By the end of his 3nd turn he had, Springleaf Drum, 2x of the battlecry dude, Ornithopter, Frogmite and 2 artifact lands, when he plays Ravager. I ponder on what I should do. I opt to Gempalm the 0/1 guy, then let it resolve. Ravager was his only untapped dude. My turn I attack with Lackey, and he blocks. Before dmg he sacrifices Springleaf Drum. I respond it by Bolting the Ravager. This way he needs to sac 3 other artifacts to make it stay alive (Bolt better than Tarfire#2). He decided just to sac Ravager to make Frogmite a 3/3. This way Lackey stayed alive. If he was willing to trade Ravager for Lackey 1x1 I'd be fine with that. He hit me for 2 turns. I cast Warchief in one, an Gempalmed his blocker on the other, connecting with Lackey, searching Kiki with Matron. He does nothing. I play Kiki and pass. He draws something bad, I eot copy Matron, he scoops.
    (There was a game where Ringleader revealed a Bolt. It didn't mattered at all)

Round 4 - Monoblack Reanimator Depths
    Game 1 - I didn't knew what he was playing but kept a good hand. I led with Vial, he with Needle on Vial off a Swamp. I thought he might be in Pox, and made the following decision. T2 I had Instigator, Piledriver, Chieftain, Ringleadr, and lands. I opted to drop Piledriver, since I thought it would get Innocent Blood'ed or Smallpox'ed. Turns out he did nothing. I hit with Driver + Chieftain, then with both + Ringleader, and re scooped. Still don't know what he is playing.
    In: 2x Mox, 1x Scrapper, 1xSharpshooter
    Out: 4x Bolt
    Game 2: He does T1 Entomb, T2 Reanimate
    In: 2x Mox, 2x Chalice, 2x Relic, 1x Thorn
    Out: 4x Bolt, 2x Gempalm, 1x Ringleader
    Game3: I keep Lackey, CotV, 2 mountains and dudes. He T1 IoKs me and takes Chieftain Lackey connects and I drop Kiki, with just Ringleader of dude.I drew Relic, and should have played it, but opt to go to Chalice (because I had only 2 lands, and Relic would make me always keep 1 up, so I'd not be able to play CotV if I didn't draw a land). He does nothing. I eot Kiki my lackey, then Kiki it again my turn. I hit, ringleader hits the table and reveal Matron. Matron searchef for Chieftain, and he gets into play also. Next turn he searches for Vampire Hexmage, but I attack for 16 copying Chieftain, attacking with Lackey, Matron, Ringleader, Chieftainx2.

I had a blast playing goblins again. It is an awesome deck. The list is geared toward T3 kills. Mox on the side help with that, leading to T1 Piledrivers or Instigators (just remembered G2 against Jund Mox was awesome, allowing me to speed up the Ringleader I had, so the order I played the cards was different). That's also the reason to play Kiki over Krenko.
    Well, will be playing a list like this on the near future. Liked every single card.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Report time!
    List:
    4 Wasteland
    2 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    11 Mountain
    1 Chrome Mox

4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    3 Warren Instigator
    2 Siege-Gang Commander

Round 1 - Punishing Jund
    Game 2 - He leads with Shaman, I Bolt it. He plays Goyf. I realize no one had cracked a Fetch. 2nd Bolt kills goyf (Bolt better than Tarfire#1). He plays lilli, I discard something, hit lilli with Chieftain, he makes me sacrifice it, and plays another Lilly. I play Ringleader, draw a bunch, hit Lilly. He is stuck on 3 lands for the whole game. A Kithcne Finks is not enough to stop me, and I win.
    (Port was really good on the 2nd game. After Ringleader I Ported the shit out of his black sources, and it was worth it).

[...]

Round 2 - Esperblade
    Game 1 - I keep a Lackey slow hand, with 2 Wastes, a Port, a Caverns and a Mountain. On the draw I'd have mulliganed this, but on the Play it's actually quite good against Esper. He StP's it from basic Plains, then IoKs me from basic Swamp. Then gets a basic Island and a collorless land. I Port hiw white source every turn, and make all my landdrops. He Snap + IoK me again, taking a chieftain. When I get to 5 mana, I draw a Matron, that gets me a Ringleader (all Cavern protected - he had FoW), and I play it and continue to Port him. He play Karakas. I Waste and continue to Port the W source, playing a 2nd Ringleader. I don't get greedy and keep working on his manabase, ealing 3-5 dmg a turn. I kill him and he shows me Stoneforge and Supreme Veredict.

[...]

Well, will be playing a list like this on the near future. Liked every single card.
    Congratz on the good result and thanks for the report, I just recorded that one!
    Question: Given the passages above, what do you think of running Pendelhaven > Rishadan Port?
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Congratz on the good result and thanks for the report, I just recorded that one!
    Question: Given the passages above, what do you think of running Pendelhaven > Rishadan Port?
    Thanks.
    I haven't really thought of Pendlehaven while playing, buy I can surely say Ports were better on the given scenarios.
    When I attacked with Lackey into Ravager, I had a Port on my hand. Had it been a Pendlehaven that would have been played out differently.
    What I can say for sure, answering your question, is that I lean way more towards Port than towards Heaven.

Sep 2011

I have to disagree with these ones:
    SGC: I want MORE SGC against combo. I want to kill them T3, and SGC allow me to do that by himself + Piledriver + Lackey. I'd rather not throw those T3 kill percentages away.
    THIS.
    I've outraced ANT and TES a couple times by just going Lackey --> SGC. Back in the day when there was room for cuteness slots, I would actually board IN a 3rd SGC against storm. The matchup is already abysmal so anything helps! Especially good against Ad Nauseam or Griselbrand because that early dent in life means fewer cards for them!!

I would cut Ringleaders before SGC in those matches because the card advantage is not going to matter at all but the explosiveness is one of your best shots! Although I don't see why you'd need to cut either because after cutting all your removal, how many more combo hate cards are you boarding in?

Shooter: He is way more versatile than that. Ensaring Bridge, Moat, Elephant Grass, Glacial Chasm... they all exist, and Shooter is a great way to play against those cards.
    This. A guy at my local cardshop loves to play Enchantress. Goblins hates Solitary Confinement. A lot. We can't waste slots on Anarchy. Sharpshooter+SGC means you can actually threaten to finish him off during draw step if he ever lets one Confinement die to play another.

Even better with Chasm. 43lands player Intuitions for Loam+Chasm and laughs at your Goblin deck. You Matron for Sharpshooter and Prospector or SGC. Now who's laughing? Loam player is forced to awkwardly pay the upkeep; looping it means HE slowly dies in between.

Rest in Peace/Helm combo sometimes runs that blue enchantment that lets you only attack if you have cards in your graveyard. That's a huge beating for us, but we can still win with a bit of reach :)

Sharpshooter also screws around with Dredge. If they make the mistake of attacking with Ichorid into an open Sharpshooter, ping one of your dorks exiling Bridges, untap, ping Ichorid, untap. Profit. If they instead Therapy you right away without passing priority (to try to get zombies), respond by pinging your own guy exiling Bridges. No zombies created, therapy and creature now wasted.

And to some extent: 'Aether Vial - when the opponent is all in faster than you (Belcher, Storm, Dredge)'
    I agree against Belcher, and I trim them against Dredge, but again, depends on your deckist. If you are playing against TES or AnT, and you run 4 Wastes + 2-4 Ports, then Vial is quite good, since you can deprive them mana, while developing your board.
    Some of the deck's turn 4 kills involve turn 1 Aether Vial. There was a bunch of posts about all the variations a while ago. This is not gonna help against Belcher or SI, but against slower combo it actually helps increase the chance of racing. Or, if you don't get a nut draw, you can devote your mana to Waste/Port/casting resistors and just casually tick up Vial. Vial also enables turn 3 Thalia if you can't find a white source, making a hand with Wastelands and Ports keepable.

Thread Information