Page 262 of 509 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Apr 2010
    Germany

Re: [Deck] Goblins

//EDIT:
    HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Right you are. Now I feel half way a fool. Idea was there tho and I still like the card.

As for the Cipt effect, think of it this way:

Smoldering spires (r)
    Sorcery
    This spell can not be counted
    Target creature can not block this turn

(Or another way to put it, no tokens on Jitte this turn.)

Add in that it is a land after you play it and its a bonus. I will have to rethink the deck tho. Ports go back in for one.
    That's exactly how you should think about Smoldering Spires (and in fact every "comes into play tapped" land): you should not occupy your landsslots with them, since they are not effective enough as a manasource in the first few turns.
    If you want to be going for this "can't block" approach here are some suggestions:

* Soaring Seacliff
    * Frenzied Goblin
    * Goblin Tunneler
    * Apostle's Blessing
    * Basilisk Collar
    * Mugging
    * Legion Loyalist

I think that this might actually work out.
    Putting 1 or 2 "can't-block-cards" in your deck might not be effective, but a larger number of them could indeed do the job.
    Please let us know how testing goes.

//EDIT:
    Jesus, you might even think about running some number of Mox Diamond in case you find yourself running too many Smoldering Spires/Soaring Seacliffs

Here's a possible decklist that I put together just now - that might give you some sort of starting point

//Mana[23]
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    3 Rishadan Port
    9 Mountain
    3 Mox Diamond

//Can't Block Stuff [17]
    4 Soaring Seacliff
    4 Smoldering Spires
    4 Mugging
    2 Legion Loyalist
    2 Frenzied Goblin
    1 Goblin Tunneler

Goblins [20]
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader

Sideboard [15]
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Basilisk Collar
    2 Sparksmith
    4 Relic of Progenitus
    4 Chalice of the Void
    Last edited by GoboLord; 04-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Think I will trade out instigator for sensation gorger but in all looks like and intriguing build. I was thinking about grabbing some Mox so this might be the kick I need.

What you think on gorger? Not that many expensive cards I need to cheat in so I think the forced discard might be advantageous.

Apr 2010
    Germany

//EDIT:
    HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Think I will trade out instigator for sensation gorger but in all looks like and intriguing build. I was thinking about grabbing some Mox so this might be the kick I need.

What you think on gorger? Not that many expensive cards I need to cheat in so I think the forced discard might be advantageous.
    Well, since you got only few Goblins in total I think Gorger isn't worth it. If I were to add another card to the deck it would be Aether Vial. Also, cutting WInstigator isn't a good idea. He's really great with all that unblocking-thing and even more so with Mox Diamonds.
    I really like to hear how your testing goes. If I were you I would start with this absurdly high number of "can't block" stuff. If you feel like it's too much you could cut 4 of them to replace them with whatever you feel is needed. I think the weak spots are Goblin Tunneler, Frenzied Goblin and Legion Loyalist. The lands are promising since they are un-counterable and help you with your mana-issues that you might have w/o Aether Vial. Also I find Mugging a good card in general, since it can ocassionally remove early Deathrite Shaman and Stoneforge Mystic.
    Last edited by GoboLord; 04-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I don't think I'll be able to stream -_- my Internet sucks too much -_-
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Oct 2012
    Italy

I searched in my collection some goblins with the " unblockable " theme and here's what I found :

Goblin Vandal Goblin War Drums Goblin Kites Slavering Nulls

Firefright Mage Goblin Shortcutter Goblin Grenadiers

Caterwauling Boggart Intimidator Initiate Goblin War Cry

Lowland Oaf Goblin Rimerunner Goblin Sappers

Akki Underminer Goblin Battle Jester Spiderwig Boggart Cabal Slaver

Most of these are clearly unplayable and i posted them just for fun.... Maybe goblin shortcutter is worth some consideration.

Siege-Gang Commander
    Feb 2008
    The Netherlands

What good are all those unblockable cards if they just destroy your lackey/instigator or when you are facing combo?

Mar 2013

Ok so here is a rough go at this, most of these I already have. Throwing in Bidding was an idea I had on the way that I think could work if it is needed as a back up. Still a slow way to play with no fetch for it.

Crittens:
    1 Earwig Squad
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Skirk Prospector

Misc:
    1 Goblin Chirurgeon (Somehow I just feel one of suits this deck.)

Anti block:
    2 Mogg Maniac (or 2 Sledder)
    4 Goblin Grappler
    1 Goblin Tunneler
    4 Frenzied Goblin
    4 Smoldering Spires
    4 Mugging

Land:
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    4 Wooded Foothills

//Sideboard
    SB: 2 Patriarch's Bidding
    SB: 2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    SB: 2 Goblin Piledriver
    SB: 2 Basilisk Collar
    SB: 4 Chalice of the Void
    SB: 3 Leyline of the Void

An all red version trades out the Earwig and Prospector for 2 Patron of the Akki. I think the sudden damage it can do in a deck like this makes it worth consideration. Sidebord changes to this:

//Sideboard
    SB: 2 Tuktuk Scrapper
    SB: 2 Basilisk Collar
    SB: 4 Chalice of the Void
    SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 2 Sparksmith
    SB: 2 Pyrokinesis

In all I think the idea is there but I know it needs some tweaking. I really like this idea, the ability to rip out most of the commonly played with cards and rebuild is quite a lot of fun. Here is my list of cards I think really need to be in this deck:
    Goblin Grappler, Goblin Tunneler, Frenzied Goblin, Piledriver, Patron, Matron and Mugging.

The mass of extra land (The 8 taplands) I am against adding. Not that I do not hate the idea but the issue is you can only play one a turn. So if you draw 2 in your opening hand and then 3 in a row your quite limited on your options. If they where normal spells you could pile on 3 in a turn and do something nuts but with the one a turn limit I think it is best to limit them to 4 only as a defence against flood.

The Bidding idea I really want to test. I think bidding with a deck like this might get some traction. The ability to drop everything in a turn and attack is good but it needs a redesign to give the deck more sac targets. I think Sledder might be a good choice but I think doing this runs the risk of maybe watering down the no block idea too much to make either the original build or a bidding build work.

Something about Goblin Chirurgeon seams right in this deck. The card has some useful plays and it helps that you can attack with two or more of your "don't want to lose" (read piledriver) and know they are going to kill something and live. Add it to Patron as a 5/5 and buff you can use each turn with little risk. I feel Kreko needs to be added if this is going to become a common combo in the deck tho and then you need to change things and... yea it is good as a one off kind of thing.

Caterwauling Boggart I think can fit in here well too, mixed with a Kreko build and you would have something crazy going on. Might try that this afternoon.

Anyway food for thought. Oh and Mugging is a great card. I did not know about it before. Thanks for showing me. Anyone want to make some changes?

Dice.

Edit. No haste cards for bidding. Will need to edit.

What is happening to this thread.....

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    I thought we were doing this as a kind of "1st of April" joke-thing.
    Hope nobody took this stuff serious...?

Mar 2013

I really want to give it a go. Maybe I have made a total fool of myself but has none of you ever wanted to drop the standard deck and try and build something wild? I mean its not going to win massive but it looks like a ton of fun to do. Tell me to shut up if I am being totally trolled hear. (Tho I would have to laugh at that too.)

Edit.
    Yep I am a fool. Still going to try and build something with the idea tho.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 04-02-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Siege-Gang Commander
    Feb 2008
    The Netherlands

If you are playing Living Death in your board, why not consider playing Burning Wish main deck? This gives you access to Living Death in game one as well as other cards like: Anarchy, Perish, Cabal Therapy etc.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

You got Wish Board in my Goblin Deck!

You got Goblin Deck in my Wish Board!

Together they taste like crap.

Edit*
    Goblin War-Strike ftw

Oct 2012
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad
    I was not serious, just suggesting cards for the build dicebox is trying to play.

Aniway , i'm probably going to a 40 people tournament on sunday and I must still decide wich list to play.

My favorite Goblins are R/G with a little splash only for Tin Street Hooligan main deck and Krosan Grip in sideboard , but I'm worried about the quite high amount of combo that I might face. I played R/W with thalia main deck only once and it didn't convince me, so I' thinking to play R/B with 3 cabal therapy main deck instead of thalia. After all thalia is very good only against storm combo , while cabal therapy is good against any combo deck including reanimator and show and tell. This is the list i might take:

Creatures (29)
    -4 goblin lackey
    -4 goblin matron
    -4 goblin ringleader
    -4 mogg war marshal
    -3 goblin piledriver
    -3 gempalm incinerator
    -3 goblin warchief
    -1 goblin chieftain
    -1 stingscourger
    -1 krenko,mob boss
    -1 siege-gang commander

Other spells (9)
    -4 aether vial
    -1 tarfire
    -1 warren weirding
    -3 cabal therapy

Lands (22)
    4 wasteland
    3 rishadan port
    3 cavern of souls
    7 fetches
    3 badlands
    2 mountain

Sideboard:
    -4 relic of progenitus/leyline of the void
    -1 cabal therapy
    -2 duress
    -3 perish
    -1 tuk tuk scrapper
    -1 boartusk liege
    -2 shattering spree
    -1 earwig squad

4 mogg war marshal main deck are here to support cabal therapy flashback. I would like to fit in the main deck 1 more chieftain and 1 tuktuk scrapper but if I want to play 3 cabal therapies i really don't know what to cut.
    The manabase sees only 3 cavern of souls because I want at least 10 black sources (3 badlands + 7 fetches) but i don't want less than 2 basic mountains and 3 ports.
    Post side i have 4 cabal therapies+2 duress+1 earwig squad against combo. Earwig squad is good also to remove problematic cards like Enginereed Plague.
    Shattering Spree is here because i often see some affinity in my metagame, and to support the scrapper against Jitte/Batterskull. I have a question about it: the copies I do when casting Spree can be countered ? And can I target the same artifact with more than one copy? ( in case they counter one).
    I don't know if to play relic or leyline. Leyline is stronger against tinfins and cannot be countered, but it requires a lot of luck.

What do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    I was not serious, just suggesting cards for the build dicebox is trying to play.

Aniway , i'm probably going to a 40 people tournament on sunday and I must still decide wich list to play.

My favorite Goblins are R/G with a little splash only for Tin Street Hooligan main deck and Krosan Grip in sideboard , but I'm worried about the quite high amount of combo that I might face. I played R/W with thalia main deck only once and it didn't convince me, so I' thinking to play R/B with 3 cabal therapy main deck instead of thalia. After all thalia is very good only against storm combo , while cabal therapy is good against any combo deck including reanimator and show and tell. This is the list i might take:

Creatures (29)
    -4 goblin lackey
    -4 goblin matron
    -4 goblin ringleader
    -4 mogg war marshal
    -3 goblin piledriver
    -3 gempalm incinerator
    -3 goblin warchief
    -1 goblin chieftain
    -1 stingscourger
    -1 krenko,mob boss
    -1 siege-gang commander

Other spells (9)
    -4 aether vial
    -1 tarfire
    -1 warren weirding
    -3 cabal therapy

Lands (22)
    4 wasteland
    3 rishadan port
    3 cavern of souls
    7 fetches
    3 badlands
    2 mountain

Sideboard:
    -4 relic of progenitus/leyline of the void
    -1 cabal therapy
    -2 duress
    -3 perish
    -1 tuk tuk scrapper
    -1 boartusk liege
    -2 shattering spree
    -1 earwig squad

4 mogg war marshal main deck are here to support cabal therapy flashback. I would like to fit in the main deck 1 more chieftain and 1 tuktuk scrapper but if I want to play 3 cabal therapies i really don't know what to cut.
    The manabase sees only 3 cavern of souls because I want at least 10 black sources (3 badlands + 7 fetches) but i don't want less than 2 basic mountains and 3 ports.
    Post side i have 4 cabal therapies+2 duress+1 earwig squad against combo. Earwig squad is good also to remove problematic cards like Enginereed Plague.
    Shattering Spree is here because i often see some affinity in my metagame, and to support the scrapper against Jitte/Batterskull. I have a question about it: the copies I do when casting Spree can be countered ? And can I target the same artifact with more than one copy? ( in case they counter one).
    I don't know if to play relic or leyline. Leyline is stronger against tinfins and cannot be countered, but it requires a lot of luck.

What do you think ?
    Copies aren't cast but they can be countered. Multiple copies can target the same artifact. When my local meta was full of Stoneblade and Affinity, Spree was my preferred artifact hate too.

If you are planning on bringing in discard too I would go with Relic. Since Relic has more utility in other matchups. If you are going to side out discard for grave hate to keep up Goblin density I would go with Leyline or consider a split between Relic and Surgical Extraction. Leyline is stronger so it comes down to how much Tin Fins and Reanimator you expect to face.
    "If magic is your crutch, cast it aside and learn to walk without it." —Teferi

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Does anyone actually have anything to say about Goblins today? I'm playing in a medium sized tourney in like 3 hours and I have like 3 SB slots I need help filling.

MD 3 Thalia

SB
    3 Chalice
    3 Rip
    3 Pyro
    2 K Grip
    1 TSH
    3X

What should the last 3 slots be? Rwg build.
    I would add the 4th Chalice and the 4th Rip. Not sure about the last card though. A sharpshooter? Maybe KikiJiki?

R2 Esper Stoneblade
    0-2
    This is the best deck in the format. It wins GPs and the list is fairly optimized. I've put a lot of cards in my SB to beat it. No dice.
    G1 I mulled to a mediocre 6, and a mediocre 6 is generally better than an unknown 5. The 6 was mediocre because it didn't have a 1-drop but did have Thalia. I lost this one pretty handily.
    I sided in +2 Grip, Tuktuk, TSH, Tower, - 3 Thalia, Plateau, Stingscourger.
    Pretty awesome SB, right? Well, I mulled to 5. He kept 7. I landed a T1 Vial and then we played draw go until he landed a T4 Moat. Then he Jace Fatesealed my KGrips away. Jace ultimate kills me. Blech. I needed REBs or Needle.

R3 Dragon Stompy
    1-2

What I'd have done differently....

There are 4 MD slots that I can see dropping: 3 Thalia and 1 Loyalist. Thalia isn't pulling weight. Loyalist blows. Loyalist blows bad. I could see going Rg in the future and dropping W altogether.
    Here's some MD changes I suggest:
    - 1 Legion Loyalist
    - 2 MWM
    - 1 Chieftain
    + 1 Goblin Prospector
    + 2 Goblin Warchief
    + 1 Gempalm

Vs Stoneblade I try to use Prospector/Sharpshooter/Karakas to keep Jitte from every gaining counters, and Stingscourger/Gempalms to kill the Batterskull tokens. Prospector/Sharpshooter/SGC help vs Moat (they combo to turn each goblin into a shock)

vs Dragon Stompy what was so hard for you? Was it the equipment?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I would add the 4th Chalice and the 4th Rip. Not sure about the last card though. A sharpshooter? Maybe KikiJiki?

Here's some MD changes I suggest:
    - 1 Legion Loyalist
    - 2 MWM
    - 1 Chieftain
    + 1 Goblin Prospector
    + 2 Goblin Warchief
    + 1 Gempalm

Vs Stoneblade I try to use Prospector/Sharpshooter/Karakas to keep Jitte from every gaining counters, and Stingscourger/Gempalms to kill the Batterskull tokens. Prospector/Sharpshooter/SGC help vs Moat (they combo to turn each goblin into a shock)

vs Dragon Stompy what was so hard for you? Was it the equipment?
    I just got my Goblin Settler off EBay, so I'll probably be running a Kiki-jiki build soon.

Legion Loyalist has only ever been a Raging Goblin for me. He seemed way too conditional in theory and he wasn't too hot in practice either.

Esper Stoneblade is just a bitch because it attacks from too many angles. Planeswalkers, equipment, fliers: blech. Maybe a second copy of sharpshooter could help too. Prospector is too narrow for the most part. There is no goblin card that is really stellar against them.

Dragon Stompy beat me because he flashed in sulfur elemental to block my lackey, then Pyroed my board away and beat me down with a hellbent rakdos pit dragon. He had a pretty damn good hand. That'll happen sometimes.

Jan 2013
    Ithaca, NY

random question: does anyone here have this deck fully foiled out?

Quote Originally Posted by goblinsplayer View Post
    I'm very close. I can show you a picture when I'm not on my phone

Siege-Gang Commander
    Feb 2008
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by goblinsplayer View Post
    I only miss the Rishadan Ports and Goblin Matrons. (Which I'll prolly never get)

/redit: replaced Goblin Lackey with Goblin Matron

Oct 2004
    Earth

I just got my Goblin Settler off EBay, so I'll probably be running a Kiki-jiki build soon.
    Great. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with Settler/Kiki.
    I don't know if it will help your Esperblade matchup though. It might. I pretty much sideboard the combo out in any mathcup where Instigator is unlikely to connect.

Thread Information