Page 286 of 509 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Everything being said, that he does not have haste, that he is situational, can be said about sharpshooter. At the same time we use sharpie to great effect in the correct situational context.

I think he is the same. Tec you can put into your sideboard to use against slower creature control games. Enchantress, The rock or Sometimes agro like Infinity if they have yet to find plating.

Is it worth cutting something main deck to run it? Situational. See a fair amount of situations locally where you could use it and maybe you would.

But as I said before, it's a meta call. But if we are willing to run one card (Confusion) to deal with one deck archetype that can give us grief, this guy could be just another confusion, just answering a different situation.

My view anyway.

Dice.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

I for one am loving this new guy. at my local meta blockers screw up my game so often. i get that he is a one of. mos def. but i've been running legion loyalist to little effect and the diplomats look like they will be much more effective. not to mention you can get rid of annoyances like DRS and other such fellows.

Mar 2013

I find the best defence against Deathrite (and tog) is RIP.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

A question, what do people's sideboards look like at the moment?

My mono red chieftain / instigator build looks like this

4 COV
    3 Pyro
    3 Thorn of amethyst
    3 relics
    1 tinkerer
    1 boartusk

( I gave up on thalia as maybe it's my meta or playstyle, but it was horrible for me, the control route didn't work )

I was thinking of dropping relics for more artifact hate like shattering spree or tinstreet hooligan, or REB for jace, or maybe surgical extraction v tinfin. So what are you mono red guys currently packing in the SB, sorry no krosan grips or RIP allowed for mono red and as i said earlier thalia rwg build for me did not work at all.

"Foil is as good as FoW, right?"

Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by orcanmail View Post
    So what are you mono red guys currently packing in the SB, sorry no krosan grips or RIP allowed for mono red and as i said earlier thalia rwg build for me did not work at all.
    Have you considered leyline? That should be enough.
    Additionally, you may not ned 4 chalices and 3 thorns. I may just be guessing here, but if the control route didn't work with thalia, it may not help to keep so much of the route in the board. I'd go with:
    -2 Chalice
    -1 Thorn
    -3 Relic
    +4 Leyline

And then you have two extra spots for whatever. Trap maybe.
    Also, maybe swap out tinkerer for spree or chewer.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I'd Sundering Titan the living shit out of you, even if I didn't win the game, I got to throw away 75% of the fun, and claim the last 25% as my own.
    Legacy: High Tide(WIP)

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by imnotbrown View Post
    Have you considered leyline? That should be enough.
    Additionally, you may not ned 4 chalices and 3 thorns. I may just be guessing here, but if the control route didn't work with thalia, it may not help to keep so much of the route in the board. I'd go with:
    -2 Chalice
    -1 Thorn
    -3 Relic
    +4 Leyline

And then you have two extra spots for whatever. Trap maybe.
    Also, maybe swap out tinkerer for spree or chewer.
    Just my 2 cents.
    I partly agree here.
    First, your storm-combo hate shouldn't solely be permanents. So, if you want to dedicate 7 slots to it I'd go with 4 Mindfuck Trap and 3 Thorns. Thorn > Chalice, in the sense that Winstigator builds are more likely to have 2 mana available on Turn 1 AND Thorn does some magic against Show&Tell.dec.
    Second, you should kick Tinkerer for a Tuktuk Scrapper. You usually don't need repetitive activations that Tinkerer offers AND Tuktuk doesn't put you in such awful situations where you don't have a hastelord and/or enough mana to activate Tinkerer, which gives your opponent the time to take care of the guy. Another PLUS for Tuktuk Scrapper: he shatters the artifact AND leaves you with a 2/2 body, while Tinkerer dies to most target artifacts (Jitte, B.Skull).

Other than that your SB looks solid. If you want to drop gravehate alltogether (which is understandable imo), I'd go either with additional artifact hate (Tuktuk Scrapper again) or additional Combo-hate (Thorn #4, Chalice).
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

3 Pyro
    I hope this is PyroKINESIS not Pyroblast. (writing Kinesis if you want to abreviate it makes it much easier for us).

@New dude: I'm the guy that like to playtest every card that might see play in our deck. I'll not be testing this one.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Aug 2012
    Japan

( I gave up on thalia as maybe it's my meta or playstyle, but it was horrible for me, the control route didn't work )
    Could you elaborate?

I noticed that Jim Davis and Max Tietze elected not to run her main in Atlanta, even when the were expecting lots of storm decks.
    Mana consistency?

Creature - Elf Wizard
    Aug 2011
    Campinas, SP, Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Sockosensei View Post
    (...)

I noticed that Jim Davis and Max Tietze elected not to run her main in Atlanta (...). Mana consistency?
    It could be for ((Deck playing) mastering) consistency.

Mar 2013

Doubt mana consistency would be the answer. I think it would be more giving the main a stronger first game presence and worry about siding in when you need to. I mean on the two drop scale you have, Piledriver, WMW, Stinger, WIn and Gempalm. All are strong options, some offering a better threat density than Thalia can offer. I think the idea behind Thalia in the side would be to increase your odds in games where your odds are good to start with than wonder if she is worthwhile in your opening hand.

I mean if your going in blind against someone anyway you're not going to mull down to get her limiting her use in that first matchup. If you do not have her in your opening hand she becomes a topdeck hope. If all she becomes is a topdeck hope than you could say that that slot is better used by something better suited to increasing the decks base threat density.

Local turney, 35-40 players. I played the same list I have played for a while now (Rwg) with the only alteration being 4 thalia main:

4 Goblin Lackey
    4 vial

4 thalia
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    1 TSH

1 Stingscourger
    3 Gempalm Incinerator

4 Goblin Matron
    3 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Warchief

4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 krenko
    1 lightning crafter

Land
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Mountain
    1 karakas
    1 plateau
    1 taiga
    5 red fetches

//Sideboard
    3 Chalice of the Void
    2 grafdigger s cage
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 rest in peace
    2 red elemental blast
    2 krosan grip
    1 oblivion ring
    1 sharpshooter
    1 Stingscourger

Ended up 5-1 (got a concession at the last round):

lands: 2-0 win
    D&T: 0-2 lost
    TES: 2-0 win
    GW maverick: 2-0 win
    the rock: 2-1 win
    esper stoneblade: I got a concession because he couldnt get into prices anyway

Some considerations:
    -I really like how the main board plays. I feel like I have a chance against whatever: tons of mana denial with the 12 thalia/waste/port package and at the same time high damage output with 7 haste lords. krenko/crafter at the top of the curve gives me flexibility and plays well with 7 haste lords. Despite all, I am still liking the 1-of lightning crafter, I do fetch for him, I will keep him in the deck for the time being.
    However, 3 colors is too greedy in this deck. I want to play the full set of ports which does not give me enough space for color fixing. Without ports 3 colors would be perfectly fine though. I give ports an edge and I will cut green altogether. TSH is nice and krosan grip is awsome but yesterday I got color screwed one time too many so I want to cut it. Will see how it goes, I will replace TSH and krosan grip with the sub-optimals tuktuk and disenchant.
    I did not miss piledriver at all in the 75, he is going to stay away for the time being.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by fimo View Post
    I will replace TSH and krosan grip with the sub-optimals tuktuk and disenchant.
    Congrats!

How about Wear // Tear instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    How about Wear // Tear instead?
    I did not even consider cards from the new set but it does seem like it would always be better than disenchant. I ll try to find a playset, thanks for the suggestion!

So chieftain, Instigators worked well again for me, but a note to share, i was expecting engineered plagues so along with 4 MD chieftains i also ran 2 SB boartusk liege.

I was double e-plagued at least 3 times in the evening, but the boartusks kept my chieftains on the board, and my goblins were able to continue going forwards! My opponents were dejected! For mono red the boartusks with chieftains solve the e-plague problem.

Quote Originally Posted by andrebonotto View Post
    It could be for ((Deck playing) mastering) consistency.
    This.

Tietze spends most of his test time on Standard MTGO. That's why I think he goes with a relatively generic Goblin build--it's simpler to master and he's not having to work out all the kinks of some weird tech like putting a white legendary human in place of three maindeck Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    I partly agree here.
    First, your storm-combo hate shouldn't solely be permanents. So, if you want to dedicate 7 slots to it I'd go with 4 Mindfuck Trap and 3 Thorns.
    Gobolord,

I keep wondering about this. I'm running Thalia x3 (basically an uncounterable Thorn with First Strike), as well as Chalice x3. Results with Chalice have been so good against so many different decks (it hates on RUG, Storm decks, Elves, etc.) that I would have a tough time cutting it, especially since it's resilient to disruption in a way that Mindbreak isn't. I ran Mindbreak for a while, but just found that it was too reactive and too vulnerable to a pre-combo Cabal/Probe.

Anyway, it seems like Chalice-Thalia is so flexible and non-reactive. So what's the problem as you see it?

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Does anyone think the new rules change will affect this deck somehow?
    I'm not seeing it, othar then a change on how other decks are played, but anyone?

For reference
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    Does anyone think the new rules change will affect this deck somehow?
    I'm not seeing it, othar then a change on how other decks are played, but anyone?

For reference
    Tap Krenko, in response, tap Kiki (copying Krenko), old Krenko dies, tap new Krenko for double gobbo tokens!

At the moment, and with few time to think seriously about the changes, this is the only one that seems playable for me...
    Keep Walking, Voidwalker! - Use bugs with moderation -

"Foil is as good as FoW, right?"

Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lammina View Post
    Tap Krenko, in response, tap Kiki (copying Krenko), old Krenko dies, tap new Krenko for double gobbo tokens!

At the moment, and with few time to think seriously about the changes, this is the only one that seems playable for me...
    Kiki-Jiki is only nonlegendary
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I'd Sundering Titan the living shit out of you, even if I didn't win the game, I got to throw away 75% of the fun, and claim the last 25% as my own.
    Legacy: High Tide(WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by imnotbrown View Post

Kiki-Jiki is only nonlegendary
    Pardon! My bad! Ignore my comment...
    Keep Walking, Voidwalker! - Use bugs with moderation -

Thread Information