Page 297 of 509 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

How about this as a potential goblin to complete the enemy-hate cycle in M14?

Goblin Stud
    RR
    Haste, Battlecry
    Goblins Stud cannot be blocked by U or W creatures.
    2/2

It's a pipe dream, but haste and Battlecry are both Red abilities. It's not too crazy to wish for something along those lines. That card would actually be super playable, and it would allow a T1 Lackey to attack into DRS or SFM.

Sep 2011

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    How about this as a potential goblin to complete the enemy-hate cycle in M14?

Goblin Stud
    RR
    Haste, Battlecry
    Goblins Stud cannot be blocked by U or W creatures.
    2/2

It's a pipe dream, but haste and Battlecry are both Red abilities. It's not too crazy to wish for something along those lines. That card would actually be super playable, and it would allow a T1 Lackey to attack into DRS or SFM.
    I really doubt they'd print us another Piledriver (+1 for each other creature instead of +2, can't be block by Merfolks) that had an extra power AND haste AND couldn't be blocked by Thalia/Mom/SFM/etc.

Goblin Thug
    1RR
    Haste
    Whenever a blue or white creature blocks ~, ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
    2/2

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Goblin stud sounds like an Unhinged card. Also think this is the core set. Your not going to have completed abilities or keywords not on other cards.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Apr 2010
    Germany

I want to know what people have to say about THIS one

Playable or too cute?

A list of cards with triggered abilities in Vial Goblins:

AEther Vial
    Goblin Lackey
    Warren Instigator
    Goblin Piledriver
    Mogg War Marshal
    Goblin Matron
    Goblin Ringleader
    Siege-Gang Commander
    Gempalm Incinerator
    Stingscourger

This card has more synergies with the deck than any other Goblin I know. It's a shame that activating the ability costs 2 and not 1 colorless mana.
    Thoughts?
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Playable or too cute?
    Without having done any testing, it looks too cute. It appears bad in Goblins for the exact same reason Umezawa's Jitte is bad in Goblins. It is a 2 mana non-goblin that requires to use and is reliant on having another body (specifically one on the list you provided) on the field.

Looks like an EDH/commander card. 2 to activate is too much, but if you vial in ringleader/matron and have two up, that'd be nutty. On that note, has anyone tried the restoration angel build?

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    Any thoughts on what element of flavor the Red one might get? I was thinking of what would be on the wishlist as far as comes into play abilities.

I think I would like to see a 2/1 or 2/2 with "When ~ enters the battlefield deal damage equal to it's power to each Blue and White creature." Blast SFM, SCM, Geist, and White Weenie stuff.
    I think that's way OP. It might be TARGET U/W creature, but not EACH one.

Oct 2012
    Italy

About Strionic Resonator: when i saw it on the spoilers i immediately thought about all the ETB triggers of our beloved goblins... it may do crazy things in our deck, but overall it costs too much mana and is another card that does nothing (we already play aether vial,can we afford to go turn 1 vial turn 2 strionic resonator? the answer is no).

So in my opinion it's just a too cute card, for goblins but also for legacy in general. Despite this i'm sure someone will try to build decks around it.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

I hear there's a Goblins deck in the Top 8 at SCG Worcester. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Without having done any testing, it looks too cute. It appears bad in Goblins for the exact same reason Umezawa's Jitte is bad in Goblins. It is a 2 mana non-goblin that requires to use and is reliant on having another body (specifically one on the list you provided) on the field.
    I think that's a good analogy, and I agree. It just seems worse than jitte for us.

Jul 2011
    under a dead Ohio sky

Mogg War Marshal
    Goblin Matron
    Goblin Ringleader
    Siege-Gang Commander
    Gempalm Incinerator
    Stingscourger

all rely on the card just being played, no if you are playing them via Aether Vial, or Lackey/Instigator then the two mana to activate Resonator would be there, but I feel its just too cute, and slows down a deck that really doesn't need to be sped up.

is worth testing though.
    The best bang since the big one!

Mar 2013

Strionic Resonator: A Kiki Jiki without legs.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Oct 2012
    Italy

Goblins just lost in the first game of top8 against canadian (2-0). He played a pretty standard list with 1 taiga and 1 plateau for tin street hooligan (1 main 1 side) , 2 krosan grip in side and 4 thalias in side.

The only curios card is a Iona,Shield of Emeria in sideboard alongside an angel of despair. I guess they both are for the show and tell matchup.

Mar 2013

Iona I think is a great SnT card. I might give it a go.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Iona I think is a great SnT card. I might give it a go.
    Yeah, I can't condone running 2 SB cards (Iona and Angel) that literally only answer 1 card (SnT). Not one deck, or one archetype, but 1 card. That's a waste of SB slots, especially when you've already got access to Stingscourger for creatures and KGrip for Omniscience. I'd suggest running Blood Moon or more GY hate.

Mar 2013

Oh shit, I was thinking about crossing decks and had elves in mind too. As I do not have Angel, I was thinking Iona alone in the sideboard.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    Playable or too cute?
    Thoughts?
    Too cute. Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is a card....

It lets you get any ETB trigger at instant speed instead of just when the creature itself enters. Sure, copying Piledriver or Lackey/WInstigator is slightly different than copying the trigger on one of them but the net effect is still 2 triggers, very similar outcome, and having 2 copies attacking is usually much better than having one attacking that triggers twice. I would much rather attack with double Piledriver or double WInstigator than a single one on 'roids.

I suppose Kiki can't speed up Vial counters or double Gempalm damage, but that's kind of splitting hairs. If you're paying 3R to kill a creature with this deck, you're doing it wrong.

EDIT: Ninja's by Dicebox. Whoops.

Sadness. The 'hoser' is an Elemental:

Mindsparker
    Cost - 1RR
    Creature - Elemental
    First strike
    Whenever an opponent casts a white or blue instant or sorcery spell, Mindsparker deals 2 damage to that player.
    3/2

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Sadness. The 'hoser' is an Elemental:

Mindsparker
    Cost - 1RR
    Creature - Elemental
    First strike
    Whenever an opponent casts a white or blue instant or sorcery spell, Mindsparker deals 2 damage to that player.
    3/2
    Fuck this shit.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Fuck this shit.
    You expected a Legacy playable in a core set after they gave us a 3cc Nimble Mongoose+Mold Adder chaff?

Right after a set where 35% of each booster were Cluestones??

Thread Information