Page 308 of 509 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Phasing
    Jul 2013
    Seville (Spain)

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Boartusk Liege is better than Goblin King vs Engineered Plague since it dodges Abrupt Decay.
    Thanks for your answer. I usually play Goblin King because in my metagame there are players with Goblins and Zoo, and mountainwalk could be a good ability if I put Goblin King into play from my hand before declare blockers step. Thus, cards like Goblin Lackey and Goblin Piledriver can't be blocked.

However, I'll consider Boartusk Liege if I play against Team America, Jund, etc. Regards.

P.D.: What do you prefer, to play with four copies of Gempalm Incinerator or only with three?

Quote Originally Posted by cronos View Post
    Thanks for your answer. I usually play Goblin King because in my metagame there are players with Goblins and Zoo, and mountainwalk could be a good ability if I put Goblin King into play from my hand before declare blockers step. Thus, cards like Goblin Lackey and Goblin Piledriver can't be blocked.

However, I'll consider Boartusk Liege if I play against Team America, Jund, etc. Regards.

P.D.: What do you prefer, to play with four copies of Gempalm Incinerator or only with three?
    I myself really like the full 4. Cantripping removal is so good.

Jan 2013
    Ithaca, NY

I went to Elmira to play at their monthly legacy event this saturday and I got 4th! Anyways, here's the list

4 goblin lackey
    4 goblin ringleader
    4 goblin warchief
    4 goblin matron
    4 mogg war marshal
    3 goblin piledriver
    3 gempalm incenerator
    2 tarfire
    1 stingscourger
    1 siege-gang commander
    1 krenko, mob boss
    1 goblin sharpshooter
    1 goblin chieftain
    1 skirk prospector
    4 aether vial

4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 cavern of souls
    10 mountain

sb
    4 cotv
    3 relic of progenitus
    3 pyroblast
    3 pyrokinesis
    1 boartusk liege
    1 tuktuk scrapper

I decided to play mono red because I have been playing it for a long time. Once I look back at the tournament, I think it may be time to invest in foil thalias. Drive there took about an hour. Mostly me just staring out the window and discussing cardchoices with my brother, who was on scapewish. Once I got there, I sold storm and built death and taxes. Yay. Anyways, I talked to people and registered my list and round one began soon.

Rd 1 vs Punishing Jund
    g1: I keep my seven, so does he. I remember that I topdecked krenko with a hastelord inclucing a shitton of goblins. Regardless to say, I won that game.
    g2: I mull down to 6 and he gets punishing fire online and I draw no grave hate.
    g3: He mulls down to 4 and I have pyrokinesis. Not really a game.
    1-0

Rd 2 vs esperblade
    g1: He plays stoneforge into batterskull. I kill it with tarfire and batterskull does not come down on the field soon enough.
    g2: He is on the play and plays stoneforge t2. I started with a vial. I pyrokinesis his mystic and deny his mana so he isn't able to really cast anything. I develop a critical mass of goblins and win.
    2-0

Rd3 vs Reanimator
    g1: He plays griselbrand and draws a million cards. Shit.
    g2: I get relic online and a fast lackey with mana up to blow up relic.
    g3: He plays careful study discarding griselbrand, land, pass. I play relic that does not get countered. He reanimates. Only if I was on the play.. Well, shit happens
    2-1

rd4 vs Thunian Fit
    g1: Sun titan+grave titan+me mulling to 5=gg
    g2: I'm not sure what happened but what I think was that I won through a deed or something. Really don't remember
    g3: I develop a mass of goblins and squeeze his mana so he cant deed for 3 at the turn he needed it to.
    3-1

rd 5 against solidarity
    G1: He never finds a third land and I just kill him with krenko. yay.
    g2: I blast the wrong thing and I die horribly.
    g3: Chalice for 1 against solidarity=gg
    4-1

rd 6 vs cloud post
    ID
    4-1-1

Top 8 vs TES on the draw
    g1: Kills me on turn 2. And I didn't have anything
    g2: Chalice on 0 and a well timed pyroblast on his chain of vapor wins me the game
    g3: Chalice on 0 and Him not being able to draw another mana source after he plays a ill-gotten gains loop.
    5-1-1

Top 4 vs reanimator (same guy)
    g1: I win through an Iona with aether vial. Celebration takes place afterward.
    g2: Grizzelbees + elesh means gg
    g3: He get Iona online and I brick on relevant stuff for about 6 turns.
    5-2-1

I walk away with 150 credit and death and taxes foils. Good day.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Theros spoiler started !

Destructive Revelry RG

Instant

Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Destructive Revelry deals 2 damages to that permanent's controller.

Can be played in sideboard, although i don't think anyone splashing green will change krosan grip for this.

Phasing
    Jul 2013
    Seville (Spain)

goblinsplayer, congratulations for your good results! Now I have this version. It's actually the same than yours, except for this: + 1 Goblin Piledriver / - 1 Mogg War Marshal.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    Theros spoiler started !

Destructive Revelry RG

Instant

Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Destructive Revelry deals 2 damages to that permanent's controller.

Can be played in sideboard, although i don't think anyone splashing green will change krosan grip for this.
    I don't know, I actually might. I've lost more games than I can count because Krosan Grip was a turn too slow. Sometimes you just gotta make your opponent have the answer. We'll see.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Wear//Tear is on colour making it the prime choice. When I splashed green it was for grip alone and with no other green cards offering strong options for the deck, I do not think this card has a place in goblins.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Oct 2012
    Italy

i will never stop saying that i like a lot playing tin street hooligan main , while all the other shatter-goblins don't seem acceptable to me for the main board. And krosan grip is a lot better in my opinion than any other option because the enchantments that shut off our deck (moat/humility) are usually backed up by counters. That said white at the moment is the best splash but i just don't feel comfortable not playing hooligan and krosan grip so my deck is 3 color.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

That's a fair call to make, the green splash does offer that option if you desire it, but that said Grip on beats this new card out. If you wanted a 2 cast off colour enchantment or artifact cracker there is a better choice.

Never did like tin myself I must say but I do miss grip. Must be a quote around here of me saying I would never cut it. My how times change.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

i will never stop saying that i like a lot playing tin street hooligan main , while all the other shatter-goblins don't seem acceptable to me for the main board. And krosan grip is a lot better in my opinion than any other option because the enchantments that shut off our deck (moat/humility) are usually backed up by counters. That said white at the moment is the best splash but i just don't feel comfortable not playing hooligan and krosan grip so my deck is 3 color.
    Hooligan is just too good. Love that card. Between it and Grip my artifact/enchantment hate is fully uncounterable.

Still, white splash is awfully good. I have found that a 3-color splash is just too brittle for me to run, though a lot of people are comfortable with it. Running 4 CotV in the SB instead of Thalia is perfectly viable, is actually superior against a lot of decks (assuming you can resolve it, which is something Thalia really has over CotV), and allows me to just splash 2 Taigas for the hate and be perfectly happy.

Phasing
    Jul 2013
    Seville (Spain)

I've been testing with mono-red list. My results after two days of tests....

vs. MUD: 1-2
    vs. Maverick: 2-1
    vs. All Spells: 2-1 (CotV of X=0)
    vs. Jund: 2-1 (thanks to Boartusk Liege)
    vs. Reanimator: 0-2
    vs. mirror: 2-1 (I played Pyrokinesis first)
    vs. Elves: 2-1
    vs. Faestalker (with Young Pyromancer): 2-0
    vs. TES: 2-1 (CotV of X=0)
    vs. Affinity: 2-1 (I think Goblin Tinkerer is better than Tuktuk Scrapper against this deck)
    vs. Show and Tell: 1-2
    vs. Merfolks: 2-1 (Goblin Piledriver!)

Regards.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Been testing Tarfire and it has been doing me good, just like in the past. It shines against Midrange and even Tempo, but I'm still a little weary. Thinking about changing it into Knesis. Would like to hear some opinions on how those cards are in the current meta. To me they solve a big problem: getting through DRS and such, which is huge in my opinion. I know they have their merits, but hey... We're playing a fair game in an unfair meta.

Quote Originally Posted by EluThingol View Post
    Hooligan is just too good. Love that card. Between it and Grip my artifact/enchantment hate is fully uncounterable.

Still, white splash is awfully good. I have found that a 3-color splash is just too brittle for me to run, though a lot of people are comfortable with it. Running 4 CotV in the SB instead of Thalia is perfectly viable, is actually superior against a lot of decks (assuming you can resolve it, which is something Thalia really has over CotV), and allows me to just splash 2 Taigas for the hate and be perfectly happy.
    I think if you only run one splash it should be for the white.

So, if I group them into creature decks vs non-creature decks...
    Quote Originally Posted by cronos View Post
    I've been testing with mono-red list. My results after two days of tests....

vs. Maverick: 2-1
    vs. Jund: 2-1 (thanks to Boartusk Liege)
    vs. mirror: 2-1 (I played Pyrokinesis first)
    vs. Elves: 2-1
    vs. Faestalker (with Young Pyromancer): 2-0
    vs. Affinity: 2-1 (I think Goblin Tinkerer is better than Tuktuk Scrapper against this deck)
    vs. Merfolks: 2-1 (Goblin Piledriver!)

vs. MUD: 1-2
    vs. Reanimator: 0-2
    vs. All Spells: 2-1 (CotV of X=0)
    vs. TES: 2-1 (CotV of X=0)
    vs. Show and Tell: 1-2

Regards.
    Although the sample size is too small to be meaningful, what you have there seems to be borne out by the experience of others in the sense that goblins is good vs creature decks and struggles vs combo/creatureless. Some decks to add to your gauntlet: Stoneblade, Countertop, RUG, BUG.

In the two unfavourable matchups that went your way, did you mulligan aggressively for the CotV? How low did you go?

Phasing
    Jul 2013
    Seville (Spain)

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    did you mulligan aggressively for the CotV?
    Yes, I did xD. TES and All Spells use spells with converted mana cost 0. The first one has Chrome Mox, Lion's Eye Diamond and Lotus Petal, and the second one plays with Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal and Summoner's Pact.

I've been playing against other decks for two days. Within a week, I think I'll have enough results to draw some conclusions. Regards.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Going to a 50 people tournament tomorrow. I'm running last Max Tietze's list except for 3 chalice of the void in place of 3 mindbreak trap and 1 boartusk liege in place of 1 angel of despair.
    I just think that a 1 of angel is too unreliable, while the liege can be tutored for against engineered plague and abrupt decay decks. Chalice is a better card than trap, no doubt about it.
    This way I'm in real troubles against show and tell and belcher, but I already won against belcher in last tournament semifinals and lost to hive mind in the final, so i hope not to meet again those decks :)
    I'll write a report if i have time.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Going to a 50 people tournament tomorrow. I'm running last Max Tietze's list except for 3 chalice of the void in place of 3 mindbreak trap and 1 boartusk liege in place of 1 angel of despair.
    I just think that a 1 of angel is too unreliable, while the liege can be tutored for against engineered plague and abrupt decay decks. Chalice is a better card than trap, no doubt about it.
    This way I'm in real troubles against show and tell and belcher, but I already won against belcher in last tournament semifinals and lost to hive mind in the final, so i hope not to meet again those decks :)
    Go kick some ass.

Phasing
    Jul 2013
    Seville (Spain)

I'm in real troubles against belcher
    That deck plays with Chrome Mox, Lion's Eye Diamond and Lotus Petal... so I think CotV of X=0 it's a good chance. Good luck in the tournament. Regards.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Hoping you're kicking some ass too.

As for Belcher, the best hate you can have is Mindbreak Trap, followed by Chalice of the Void, then Needle on Belcher.
    Remember to aways keep Sharpshooter in, since 7/11 of their kill condition is Empty the Warrens.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Horrible 0-2 drop. Lost to Omnishow and Shardless Bug. Never seen vial or lackey in my opener, nor any hate (thalia, chalice, grip) against omnishow. Against shardless bug i lost 1-2 in very close games that ended in topdeck mode. He topdecked shardless agents while i topdecked lands and vials. If I had more explosive starts or a cavern of souls to dodge force of will on ringleader i would have won.

Dropped cause i was very tired. Guess it just can't always go well... last time i reached the final, this time was a shit.

The main concern is to mulligan or not hands with 3 lands and 4 random goblins (no vial , no lackey, no cavern of souls).I ended up losing for this, but as i said games were very close.

Horrible 0-2 drop.
    Sucky.
    Lost to Omnishow and Shardless Bug. Never seen vial or lackey in my opener, nor any hate (thalia, chalice, grip) against omnishow.
    How low did you mulligan each hand?
    Against shardless bug i lost 1-2 in very close games that ended in topdeck mode. He topdecked shardless agents while i topdecked lands and vials. If I had more explosive starts or a cavern of souls to dodge force of will on ringleader i would have won.
    Sounds like you just have to chalk this match up to variance.
    The main concern is to mulligan or not hands with 3 lands and 4 random goblins (no vial , no lackey, no cavern of souls).I ended up losing for this, but as i said games were very close.
    vs Omnishow that's almost certainly a mull. vs Shardless, how do you see the matchup playing out? What do you think are the strategic axes that you are fighting on?

Thread Information