Page 391 of 509 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by cooljets View Post
    Hi all. I played in another tournament recently, it was a 5 round Win-A-Mox side event at my local WMCQ in Oakland, CA. Sadly, no one actually went 5-0 to win the mox, but I did win 12 packs for going 4-1. I don't have time to write up a full report, but I played and beat Elves twice, American Delver twice, and took my one loss to Lands.dec. It was my first time playing against the lands deck, and it seem like a pretty rough time. The land destruction doesn't do much when they have Loam, and getting Punishing Fire'd every turn was miserable. Luckily, it doesn't seem like the deck has much game against combo and I don't expect to see it that often. Our delver/stoneforge matchup is just great, I always feel like I have inevitability. My elves games weren't even that bad either, as I had access to Settler in game 1 to keep Cradle off the table and Sharpshooter to prevent his board from getting out of control. I'm feeling super duper solid on this list and I can't recommend it enough. I'm tellin' you guys, quit complaining about how the deck is so bad right now and give this baby a try.

//MANA [22]:
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern Of Souls
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Mountain
    3 Chrome Mox

//CORE [32]:
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Tarfire

//TOOLBOX [6]:
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Goblin Settler
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

//SIDEBOARD [15]:
    4 Chalice Of The Void
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Earwig Squad
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    I may be off-base, but this build looks like it would be extremely weak to BUG. Have you found that to be the case?

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

@bob, you did not miss wastelands because you did not face any punishing fire.
    I use 4 swan songs for combos and miracles. 2 flusterstorms and 2 mindbreack traps you can cast them with 2 volcanics.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by cooljets View Post
    . I'm feeling super duper solid on this list and I can't recommend it enough. I'm tellin' you guys, quit complaining about how the deck is so bad right now and give this baby a try.
    +1

Also, thank you for sharing your results and the decklist again.
    Short update: We agree 100% on these slots:

//MANA [22]:
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern Of Souls
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Mountain
    3 Chrome Mox

//CORE [32]:
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Tarfire
    In my oppinion Stingscourger, Tuktuk Scrapper and Kiki-Jiki are "settled" as well, which leaves me with 3 flex slots whenever I build the deck for a different metagame. These 3 flexslots can be any combination of:
    * more Stingscourger
    * more Tuktuk Scrapper
    * Sharpshooter
    * Goblin Settler
    * Goblin Warchief
    * another "bomb" like SGC or Krenko

Recently I have been thinking that Warchiefs are still pretty good in the deck, so my 3 flex slots are 2 Warchief and 1 Sharpshooter. On my last tournament my D&T opponent blocked my Vial with Revoker and then did some work with his manadenial. I was 1 mana short of anything for several turn. So Warchief could fix that. He is also making the deck run smoother in general as our important spells can be cast 1 turn earlier.

//TOOLBOX [6]:
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Goblin Settler
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    These 6 seem absolutely playable. I would play this configuration on a tournament tommorrow with no regrets. What is your oppinion on Goblin Settler? Is it worth the money? :-) Caus ethats the only thing that is keeping me from playing it right now. IU dont want to spent 35 bucks on a card that nobody will ever buy from me in case I don't like it.

//SIDEBOARD [15]:
    4 Chalice Of The Void
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Earwig Squad
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    I love that 7 out of 15 cards in your board are goblins. That's a very important detail: WInstigator lists need a high creature-density.
    How would you build your SB if you were expecting graveyard-based decks in your metagame (ANT, Reanimator, some BGx decks)

@bob2008
    Thank you for tuning in and sharing your tournament report. Great finish! the "Tobi" were refferring to is Tobias Dreger, right?
    Also, thank you for the kudos.
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

@ gobolord, ignoremod for my resolt? Ok, nice!)
    Settlers are fine and funny, not super good for its price. So I think you could buy it for goblin's collection.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by OlegtheSuper View Post
    @ gobolord, ignoremod for my resolt? Ok, nice!)
    Settlers are fine and funny, not super good for its price. So I think you could buy it for goblin's collection.
    I directed the question about Settler to cooljets because

(1) his decklist is closer than yours to what I'm playing right now. Believe it or not, those few cards make a difference to me. Also the way he is building his lists tells me something about how he approaches the critical MUs - and I am approaching them in almost exactly the same way. In this sense it is more interesting for me to learn why someone who is actually thinking like me is including this card.
    (2) he apparently tested them against Elves and BUG, both of which are represented in my metagame. For me it is not helpful to learn what Settlers will do in MU that I am unlikely to play in near future and that I am not looking to improve (Burn, Affinity, bg-something ctrl).
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Dec 2013
    Oakland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    What is your oppinion on Goblin Settler? Is it worth the money? :-)
    She has moved from the sideboard into the maindeck after only two tournaments. And I am seriously considering buying a second to put in the board (probably taking the spot of the second Sharpshooter or the 4th Earwig Squad). So if that tells you anything. I think it's a worthy inclusion. 4 Wastelands are great, of course, but being able to actually tutor for the land destruction has turned out to be very great in multiple matchups. It definitely won me a match against 12 post, and I'm pretty sure she also contributed to my win against Elves, as I was able to keep Cradle's from being online. I'm also looking forward to the chance to abuse her with Kiki-Jiki.

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    How would you build your SB if you were expecting graveyard-based decks in your metagame (ANT, Reanimator, some BGx decks)
    This is a very good question. I think our ANT matchup is fine with just Chalice, Therapy and Earwig, but I haven't played against any Reanimator or Dredge decks with this current list, I'm not sure how they would turn out without having any Relics in the board.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    confirmed goblin, watch it Cost as if our manabase isn't poo enough.
    So spoketh potatodavid...

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! My EYESSSSSS!!!

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

A creature whose ability is non-cumulative and an enchantment that's not a Goblin. Both of which cost RBWx. Sweet.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    So spoketh potatodavid...

Huh, never fails does it. They know we need a 2 drop. They know.

Of the two, only the bottom one actually seems possible, and it doesn't look very good in Legacy.

What if... someone in R&D legitimately didn't like goblins. So whenever they come up, he just goes "Meh." and waves his hand.

Return to "Onslaught" is what I'll await.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Forkbeard View Post
    Huh, never fails does it. They know we need a 2 drop. They know.

Of the two, only the bottom one actually seems possible, and it doesn't look very good in Legacy.

What if... someone in R&D legitimately didn't like goblins. So whenever they come up, he just goes "Meh." and waves his hand.

Return to "Onslaught" is what I'll await.

I really don't get it.

Everyone in this thread had a massive hard on for Grenzo, which looks terrible on paper , and yet no one has posted positively about this extremely aggressive card to beat other creature decks. This card has potential to beat Tarmogoyfs and Germ tokens.

Is he perfect? No.
    Is he the two drop we really needed? No.

Does he have potential? I would certainly like to test it before coming to any solid conclusions, but my initial impression is positive

Quote Originally Posted by 1337erhosen View Post
    I really don't get it.

Everyone in this thread had a massive hard on for Grenzo, which looks terrible on paper , and yet no one has posted positively about this extremely aggressive card to beat other creature decks. This card has potential to beat Tarmogoyfs and Germ tokens.

Is he perfect? No.

Does he have potential? I would certainly like to test it before coming to any solid conclusions, but my initial impression is positive
    I agree on that one for 100%.
    It destroys goyf and his friends. I think it can be a nice bom en have the potential of being a really good guard no its not a 2 drop.
    But we already have 4x piledriver 4x warren instigator.

And as a 1 of that we can tutor for hes not that terrible at all.

Iam gonna playtest it for sure.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Where did you find that goblin ?? I don't see him in the spoilers.... i hope it is just your creation because he is terrible

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    Where did you find that goblin ?? I don't see him in the spoilers.... i hope it is just your creation because he is terrible
    it's on mythic spoiler, and on mothership

Sep 2011

For the people that are already splashing 2 colors (W for Thalia + Enchant kill, B for Cabal and friends), would you considering trying Ankle Shanker as a 1 of?

It's not completely impossible to get out compared to say Wort (Caverns helps get one of the splash colors, drop off Vial or Lackey or Instigator). And it solves the way most non-combo decks beat us lately, i.e. by blocking and killing our tiny creatures if we don't curve out perfectly. Goyf, Batterskull, DRS, Thalia... say what?

I guess the question is whether this performs better on a stalled board than just flooding the board with Krenko, and the answer is probably no.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

5 mana, 3 colors, doesn't win the game, and dies to Bolt.

No.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    5 mana, 3 colors, doesn't win the game, and dies to Bolt.

No.
    So far that's just 1 more mana and color than Wort, same other drawbacks. But I guess Wort doesn't see much play either. And pretty much no one plays Rwb.

Dec 2013
    Oakland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by 1337erhosen View Post
    We have the two drops we need. Piledriver and Winstigator. :)

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    So far that's just 1 more mana and color than Wort, same other drawbacks. But I guess Wort doesn't see much play either. And pretty much no one plays Rwb.
    I'm glad we've had this talk.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

1R
    Creature - Goblin Rogue
    Morph 2R
    When Mock instigator face up, if is your turn, Untap target creature and take control of it until end of turn. That creature gains haste until end of turn.
    2/1

Thread Information