Page 450 of 509 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Update: just beat Affinity 2-0

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Sandro, me and my friend looking forword for you resolt and i wish you to reach the final in SO and win there!!

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Sandro is on stream NOW!

Edit: =(
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Sandro, go-go! you know you can win!

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Update: sadly ended up going 3-3, losing to Merfolk, Food Chain and MUD. I did however beat affinity and Miracles, had some tight games and learned a few things. I'll write more in detail in my next article. Until then, if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to hear them!

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    Update: sadly ended up going 3-3, losing to Merfolk, Food Chain and MUD. I did however beat affinity and Miracles, had some tight games and learned a few things. I'll write more in detail in my next article. Until then, if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to hear them!
    Sad:(
    List?)

Apr 2010
    Germany

Hey Warchiefs,
    Yesterday I played my final tournament before GP Lille and I used that Chance to test my assumptions about the current State and positioning of the deck. In general this is where I think the Winstigator list is standing against other relevant decks:

MIRACLES:
    positive pre- and postboard

OMNITELL:
    so-so preboard, depends on whether or not you open with Lackey/Winstigator. Slightly better postboard. In both games we need a fast kill and G2 the SB cards should buy us 1 extra turn each.

ELVES:
    unfavorable G1, depends on whether or not we get Shooter online. Favorable G2 but we need either Sharpshooter or Kinesis or Winstigator in the opener.

STORM:
    unfavorable G1, so-so G2. Clearly our worst of the relevant MUs. We need hatecards AND a fast clock.

UWx SFM variants:
    favorable, probably our second-best MU. We have all the weapon we need including but not limited to: Tarfire, Pendelhaven, Tuktuk Scrapper, Chieftain, Vial and Ringleader.

DEATH & TAXES:
    So-so preboard and favorable postboard. If they dont Land an early SFM that we cant handle, everything is fine. Also Phyrexian Revoker on Vial or Chrome Mox is mean.

non-blue BGx:
    so-so G1. Wasteland + DRS + Abrupt decay can put them far ahead in earlygame. The longger the games goes the better for us. Slightly Unfavorable G2 as they usually bring in even more efficient cards in exchange of discard or utility, while we dont have anything relevant.

(B)URG DELVER decks:
    same as with the above category, the only difference being that they exchange bigger creatures for fast and unblockable ones. We need an aggressive Stance here and not let them Touch solid ground.

GRIXIS ctrl or delver:
    While I have no test results to back that one up but I think
    The MU is favorable against ctrl and so-so against the Delver variant. The deck seems to be light on winconditions and features exclusivley small creatures. Winstigator, Sharpshooter and Kinesis are very potent cards here and we should have more removal than they have creatures. make sure young Pyromancer does not get out of hand.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Which parts do you agree with? Which Parts dont you agree with?

On to the tournament.

4 Caverns, 3 Wasteland, 2 Pendelhaven, 3 Chrome Mox
    5 Fetchlands, 2 Badlands,3 Mountain

4 Vial
    4 Lackey
    4 Winstigator
    4 Piledriver
    3 Chieftain
    3 Warchief
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    3 Tarfire
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Sharpshooter
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko
    1 Skirk Prospector

SIDEBOARD
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Trinisphere
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Pyrokinesis
    1 Earwig Squad

R1 Miracles 2-0

R2 Dark Maverick
    I Mulled to 5 keeping a Badlands, Pendelhaven , vial, lackey, Matron.
    He opened with DRS then followed up with Decay for my Vial, StoP for my Lackey and Wasteland for my badlands. In G2 I Mulled to 6 and lost a close one against Jitte + Swords of Fire and Ice.

R3 ELVES 2-1
    I mull to 5 and lose G1 one turn before Sharpshooter gets online. G2 I play Winstigator on T1 , connect into Matron and Sharpshooter on T2. G3 I mull to 5. Double Lackey connect into Sharpshooter and Matron.

R4 MIRACLES 2-0

R5 BURG DELVER
    I mull to 5 with only skirk prospector as a T1 play and face DRS bolt and Wasteland.
    G2 is a close race. At some point he plays toxic deluge for 1 life and leave me in a Situation where I need to topdeck Tarfire, Stingscourger or Piledriver. To kill him. I dont and he kill me instead.

R6 DEATH &TAXES 2-0

Thoughts
    Unfortunately I was not able to test my SB cards against OmniTell and Storm. I feel like my view on the decklist and its strengths and weaknesses are accurate. I feel very comfortable bringing this to the GP next weekend although I can imagine making changes to the SB. The MD is just right. I would be glad if I could play Mono R though
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Gobolord, why no gempalm?

I will be one more goblin warchief next weekend at GP Lille.
    Some of us will fight on Day 2.

I didn't post a lot due to my poor english but I'm an active reader.
    I play few tournement per year but I try to participate at one GP Legacy a year
    Always with my green horde and a monoR standard build.

I agree with your results but my statistics are more extreme
    I won 80% versus Miracles, elves, D&T, X Delver
    I have very good results versus elves and I'm generally lucky. (1x Kinesis main deck)

OMNITELL:
    unfavorable. I think I have always won with wasteland and rishadan port (play 4x 4x). This is my extra turn.
    I've never tested Trinisphere but I have considerated Sphere of Resistance.
    It costs 1 less and can be used vs STORM or ELVES

STORM:
    My nightmare! ANT or Empty The Warren killed all my best results
    2 win 12 lost.
    Even with hand: cavern lackey ringleader chalice and relic
    T1 He started G.Probe played 2 LED
    T2 cabal named chalice
    T3 kill
    My win are done with bolt or tarfire on large Ad Nauseam.
    How many PV should we gain to buy extra turns. (idea Elixir of Immortality)
    For GP Lille I want some T0 SB cards (4x Leyline of Sanctity 2x Mindbreak Trap)

I lost 2x 2-0 vs ETW with 12+ gobs T1 (very sad)
    Kinesis didn't protect 16 gobs T1
    I though Krark-Clan Shaman with transform SB (4x Chalice 2x Relic 1x cage 4x vial..)

Also unfavorable: reanimator, foodchain

--------------------
    Gobolord. Regarding GP Lille I'll stay at same hotel than you
    I'll arrive early on friday - ready for a player meeting

Earwig squad feels very maindeckable right now. I don't think rolling over to tendrils and Omni is acceptable...and I think the deck can beat midrange without tarfire.

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Will hopefully be participating in a serious playtesting session tomorrow, looking to figure out the following things;
    How is the Miracles matchup now that they have Mentor, do we need to adapt our lists?
    How good is Wear // Tear versus Omnitell?
    How is the Grixis Control matchup?
    How is the 4-color Delver matchup?

Regarding Earwig Squad I like it, but I have moved it to the sideboard because I want to improve my draws, and we already have a lot of silver bullets that we do not normally want to draw. Earwig Squad is also more reliable post board when we have other cards to slow them down, as it will usually not come down before t4.

@GoboLord: I like your list, not sure about Leyline if you expect Omnitell to be a major part of the combo decks seeing play. Also unsure about having six pitch spells in total. I think you could do without Prospector as well, due to virtually having access to more t1 plays through Chrome Mox. Not saying it doesn't belong in your list, I'd just like to hear your thoughts on it as I haven't played your version and don't fully know how it functions.

Also I played 3 CotV maindeck at the SCV open, along with two copies of Rabblemaster. I liked both inclusions. CotV gives us another 2-drop, making the deck less clunky, and Rabblemaster is a powerful play especially when not much else is going on (you've traded resources etc.).

What is the verdict on rabblemaster in goblins? He seems powerful in a vacuum, however forcing all of your goblins to attack may cause some problems. I'm completely new to the deck, so I honestly have no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by mike.thomas7448 View Post
    What is the verdict on rabblemaster in goblins? He seems powerful in a vacuum, however forcing all of your goblins to attack may cause some problems. I'm completely new to the deck, so I honestly have no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most lists don't play him, but I've been happy with the two copies I started running recently. The thing is we already have a lot of three-drops, and don't want to overload on them. Rabblemaster is very good and a powerful clock on its own though, making it very strong versus Miracles, as you don't have to overextend into their Terminus, especially when backed up by Chalice of the Void.

This is the list I played at the SCV Open, and I was pretty happy with the maindeck.

CREATURES (26)
    4 Goblin Lackey
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Goblin Rabblemaster
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    2 Goblin Warchief
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    3 Gempalm Incinerator

SORCERIES (1)
    1 Warren Weirding

INSTANTS (3)
    3 Tarfire

ARTIFACTS (7)
    4 Aether Vial
    3 Chalice of the Void

LANDS (23)
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Badlands
    2 Plateau
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    2 Arid Mesa
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Wooded Foothills

SIDEBOARD (15)
    1 Chalice of the Void
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Wear // Tear
    1 Earwig Squad
    2 Pyrokinesis

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Will hopefully be participating in a serious playtesting session tomorrow, looking to figure out the following things;
    How is the Miracles matchup now that they have Mentor, do we need to adapt our lists?
    How good is Wear // Tear versus Omnitell?
    How is the Grixis Control matchup?
    How is the 4-color Delver matchup?
    Why would you splash white only for Wear/Tear when you could splash Green for Krosan Grip + Tin Street? I just don't understand the logic, sorry.
    Grixis Control is a Turbo-Delve deck more than a control deck. I punted my win and in to Top 8 in the Legacy League because I treated the matchup as if it was a durdly control deck. Wasteland, fast starts and Gempalm Incinerators are your best friends in this matchup.
    4 Colour Delver: Their manabase is horrible, and Magus makes them have Bolt or they're just dead.

Quote Originally Posted by mike.thomas7448 View Post
    At it's worst it eats a bolt and at it's best it floods the board quickly, which is what you want after you've had your board wiped or when you've run low on resources. It's also just a generically powerful card that costs 3 mana, which is what this deck is short on.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Why would you splash white only for Wear/Tear when you could splash Green for Krosan Grip + Tin Street? I just don't understand the logic, sorry.
    Krosan Grip is better versus Omnitell, but worse against SFM decks, especially DnT, as they have Wasteland for our green mana. I have opted instead to splash for Wear // Tear and Ethersworn Canonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Grixis Control is a Turbo-Delve deck more than a control deck. I punted my win and in to Top 8 in the Legacy League because I treated the matchup as if it was a durdly control deck. Wasteland, fast starts and Gempalm Incinerators are your best friends in this matchup.
    4 Colour Delver: Their manabase is horrible, and Magus makes them have Bolt or they're just dead.
    I think CotV could do a lot of work here, at least versus the 16 cantrip version.

Thank you, I will look into Blood Moon/Magus of the Moon, any thoughts on which is better at the moment?

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Krosan Grip is better versus Omnitell, but worse against SFM decks, especially DnT, as they have Wasteland for our green mana. I have opted instead to splash for Wear // Tear and Ethersworn Canonist.
    Yeah fair enough mate that's a valid point, though I still think you're ok if you're playing a combination of both Tin-Street/Scrapper + Krosan Grip.

Thank you, I will look into Blood Moon/Magus of the Moon, any thoughts on which is better at the moment?
    As we've discussed before, they both have their pro's and cons as well as sharing similar problems such as floating mana in response.

Blood Moon Pros:
    Immune to Removal
    Blood Moon Cons:
    Can be countered

Magus Pros:
    Can be put into play uncounterably and at instant speed
    Can also attack so it's not useless in multiples.
    Magus Cons:
    Dies to all creature removal played in Legacy.

At the end of the day, you have to pick your poison. I go with Magus because it can attack and isn't horrible in multiples. If you've ever played Blood Moon decks like Imperial Painter or any of the 4x Chalice + Trinisphere +Moon prison decks, you often end up in situations where you just draw redundant lock pieces that don't actually do anything while your opponent whittles away at you with a tiny dork. Given that we attack on the board and our clock is not especially fast the majority of the time, I feel that being able to attack for 2 is just more relevant than being bolt proof. You could also try out Choke, but that seems less effective against the B/G/x decks that are currently everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

What do you guys think about the new Survival of the Fittest? I know it's not nearly as good, but I'm willing to test it, even just as a 1 of

Punting late game lackeys and war Marshall sounds fun...but it's no subterranean scout. Maybe it fits in elves?

Apr 2010
    Germany

Players Meeting at GP Lille
    I would like to meet at on Friday 17.00h in front of the main entrance of the tournament location. Just talk to the bald guy who wears a red Donkey Kong shirt.

Who's in?
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

I wish...I'm moving to Europe but not until August.

Thread Information