Page 489 of 509 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,780 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpiledriver View Post
    Agreed with Steve 100% The card is great in the classic lists because of its versatility. I definitely understand not wanting to run it in winstigator lists due to mana constraints. I'm definitely keeping my one copy in the main for now. I will consider a 2nd copy but the hardest part is finding a card to remove. They all seem so useful.
    Remove your removal! If you are running multiple Tarfires or Gempalms replace a few of those first. But don't replace all of them so you still have Matron targets. You are running Tarfires to deal with the DRS of the format. WW solved that and gives you outs against many many more decks. Just think of all the cards WW hoses in ADDITION TO DRS: Miracles, Reanimation spells, SnT, Wishes, Tutors, every spell in Elves, Toxic Deluge, Pyroclasm, and more and more.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: [Deck] Goblins

I'm still not sold, call me old-fashioned. I will be trying WW as a 3-of in my SB.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    I'm still not sold, call me old-fashioned. I will be trying WW as a 3-of in my SB.
    You're better than most D&T players. At least you're willing to give the card a shot! :)

I have had great results! I hope you have some good ones with it in the SB.
    "Gobble Gobble"

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinTurkey View Post
    You're better than most D&T players. At least you're willing to give the card a shot! :) I have had great results! I hope you have some good ones with it in the SB.
    I don't see it as a sideboard card... It isn't overwhelming in any MU but it is extremely versatile. That's a G1 card if you ask me.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

For those who played Goblins during the Mental Misstep period, how many MM's did you play main (if at all)?
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    I don't see it as a sideboard card... It isn't overwhelming in any MU but it is extremely versatile. That's a G1 card if you ask me.
    Allright, fair enough. I just can't seem to be able to find room for WW. Or, to put another way, I don't know what to cut. So, I present you my list with just one simple question: what shall be cut to make room for one single (preferable two) WW:

~ Goblins ~

Creatures (31)
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper/ Tin Street Hooligan
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    4 Goblin Warchief

Spells (6)
    2 Tarfire
    4 Aether Vial

Lands (23)
    1 Taiga
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Arid Mesa
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    4 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper/ Tin Street Hooligan
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    2 Krosan Grip
    3 Pyrokinesis
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    4 Warping Wail

By all means, shoot

@ Steve: well, by the time I got used by the thought (and tested) MM in Goblins, it got banned... Makes you wonder why I have trouble with WW.

RGCL (GQ)

Allright, fair enough. I just can't seem to be able to find room for WW. Or, to put another way, I don't know what to cut. So, I present you my list with just one simple question: what shall be cut to make room for one single (preferable two) WW:
    IMO, you should move the mainboard Tuktuk to the side and move in a Warping Wail. It's a pretty bad mainboard card even with the Matrons since there's no guarantee it will ever be relevant. I know the same could be said of Warping Wail but it can be played earlier in the game AND gives us an out to the busted sorceries in the Eternal cardpool. Having Two Tuktuks in the side allows you to bring them both in against matchups where Wail isn't going to be as good (MUD, Esperblade - though exiling Stoneforge is good, I guess?). The best decks right now are hurt far more from WW than they are from a Tuktuk. Having a Sharpshooter in the main makes this decision much easier as well as the equipment decks generally have a bad time against it.

Hell, WW even buys us some time versus equipment decks. Use the Eldrazi Scion mode to create a colorless blocker then sacrifice it to prevent any Jitte triggers, Fire/Ice from connecting or Batterskull lifelink in addition to being colorless to avoid a Mother of Runes activation. It's a super niche corner case but it's there. Obviously you'll want the Tuktuk in these situations but the WW is better than say, replacing Tuktuk with different removal spell which may not help against an attached equipment.

By all means, shoot

@ Steve: well, by the time I got used by the thought (and tested) MM in Goblins, it got banned... Makes you wonder why I have trouble with WW.
    I personally have taken out Mogg War Marshal and Gempalms out of my deck at this point. I've never had much success with them. Maybe replace the Gempalms with 2x Warping Wail.
    "Gobble Gobble"

Chatto, I would consider dropping one MWM and/or a piledriver to fit a copy or two of WW. I don't think you want to lose your main board artifact hate because so many artifacts ruin our day. Any equipment is nearly lights out. Also, he hits shardless agent, baleful strix, aether vial (fish or D&T), mox diamond, any early/preemptive LEDs or lotus petals, tezzeretor pieces, imperial painter pieces, revokers, etc

Apr 2011
    The World

Thanks for the replies. All suggestions have crossed my mind already, but it's good to hear them from others. Regarding the suggestions:

- dropping Gempalm Incinerator: I like to have them around to burn out big critters. I can see me dropping one, but can't go to packing zero. Tarfire on the other hand is a solid Zburn spell as well. However, WW does the same.
    - put Tutuk in the side: I love my toolbox, and I regard Tuktuk as a solid 1-of in my MB. There us always someone in my meta packing equipment.
    - drop a Piley a/o MWM: so this option has giving me a headache for the last couple of days. I really like the aggresiveness Piley brings. On the other hand, it does nothing on it's own. MWM is a sweet card when playing control, chumping like a champ. It also fills the board, allowing me to overwhelm my opponent.

So, I thought about the following:

- drop a Tarfire: WW does the same.
    - drop a Piledriver: I can keep my beloved toolbox, while still be able to alphastrike.

What do you guys think?

RGCL (GQ)

Thanks for the replies. All suggestions have crossed my mind already, but it's good to hear them from others. Regarding the suggestions:

- dropping Gempalm Incinerator: I like to have them around to burn out big critters. I can see me dropping one, but can't go to packing zero. Tarfire on the other hand is a solid Zburn spell as well. However, WW does the same.
    - put Tutuk in the side: I love my toolbox, and I regard Tuktuk as a solid 1-of in my MB. There us always someone in my meta packing equipment.
    - drop a Piley a/o MWM: so this option has giving me a headache for the last couple of days. I really like the aggresiveness Piley brings. On the other hand, it does nothing on it's own. MWM is a sweet card when playing control, chumping like a champ. It also fills the board, allowing me to overwhelm my opponent.

So, I thought about the following:

- drop a Tarfire: WW does the same.
    - drop a Piledriver: I can keep my beloved toolbox, while still be able to alphastrike.

What do you guys think?
    Give it go!!
    "Gobble Gobble"

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Lately I've been really unhappy with only 3 Drivers. Sure it's a do nothing card sometimes, but there are so many matches where you plink away for a while and then alpha strike them out in one turn because they weren't expecting a warchief -> 2x Driver line and they attacked with 2 Goyfs and only left one back on defense. When you play 3 you're probably going to be matroning for one, whereas with 4 you're more likely to be able to naturally draw one/ringlead into one, and then be able to matron for the 2nd, meaning that one will get blocked but the 2nd will get through. Also you rarely have the time to be matroning for driver against combo decks.

I would rather cut a Chieftain/Warchief than cut a maindeck Tin Street/Scrapper/Driver #4, there are just too many applications for the maindeck artifact removal. 5 lords maindeck has always felt a bit clunky to me, and if you're cutting in to the 2 drops to fit in Wails (which I know are 2CMC) then you curve of actual goblins might get blown way out.

Apr 2011
    The World

Why, Steve, why?? I finally got rid of the doubt in my head, and you just ram it back in there... (“・_・`)

All kidding aside: I understand your reasoning, but the presented list is pretty stock. The only other card I could cut MD (and didn't mentioned) would be Stingscourger.

RGCL (GQ)

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Why, Steve, why?? I finally got rid of the doubt in my head, and you just ram it back in there... (“・_・`)

All kidding aside: I understand your reasoning, but the presented list is pretty stock. The only other card I could cut MD (and didn't mentioned) would be Stingscourger.
    haha nooo! that wasn't my intention at all.

If you want to keep kicking it oldschool, this is my current list

4 Ęther Vial
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Warchief
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Tin Street Hooligan
    2 Warping Wail
    1 Tarfire
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Taiga
    4 Wasteland
    3 Wooded Foothills

SB: 1 Ancient Grudge
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    SB: 2 Magus of the Moon
    SB: 2 Pyrokinesis
    SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 1 Stingscourger
    SB: 1 Sudden Demise
    SB: 1 Tin Street Hooligan
    SB: 2 Warping Wail

Apr 2010
    Germany

@ Chatto: I wouldnt go below 4 Piledrivers, for reasons Steve listed (plus I have a Personal preference for more aggressive takes on this deck, so I my comments are always a little biased).
    I would say goodbye to SGC and move Sharpshooter to the sideboard. The first feels redundant if you already have Krenko in your main 60s. Sharpshooter is more of a sideboard card and much better in multiples, rather than as a 1-off.
    If you really dont want to touch your toolbox then I would cut 2 Tarfires, some you dont want to have too many non-business spells in your MD .
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

[SOI Spoiler]

Eerie Interlude - 2W
    Instant
    Exile any number of target creatures you control. Return those cards to the battlefield under their owners control at the beginning of the next end step.

Can you imagine the plays this opens up? Will be testing. Notable improvement over ghostaway being we keep our tokens

[SOI Spoiler]

Eerie Interlude - 2W
    Instant
    Exile any number of target creatures you control. Return those cards to the battlefield under their owners control at the beginning of the next end step.

Can you imagine the plays this opens up? Will be testing. Notable improvement over ghostaway being we keep our tokens
    Seems pretty win-more, I think it's probably still worse than resto...

Apr 2011
    The World

[SOI Spoiler]

Eerie Interlude - 2W
    Instant
    Exile any number of target creatures you control. Return those cards to the battlefield under their owners control at the beginning of the next
    Now you're just pushing it This card is cute at best.

Quote Originally Posted by GoboLord View Post
    @ Chatto: I wouldnt go below 4 Piledrivers, for reasons Steve listed (plus I have a Personal preference for more aggressive takes on this deck, so I my comments are always a little biased).
    I would say goodbye to SGC and move Sharpshooter to the sideboard. The first feels redundant if you already have Krenko in your main 60s. Sharpshooter is more of a sideboard card and much better in multiples, rather than as a 1-off.
    If you really dont want to touch your toolbox then I would cut 2 Tarfires, some you dont want to have too many non-business spells in your MD .
    To me the problem is we need reliable removal, which I don't think WW is. I'm going with your first suggestion: cut SGC and move GS to the side (as a second one). Removal-package will be 2 Tarfire, 2 Incinerator, and 2 WW.

RGCL (GQ)

Fingers crossed for some reprints of Goblin Matron in Eternal Masters. I want some foil Matrons :P
    "Gobble Gobble"

Jan 2014
    STL

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinTurkey View Post
    Fingers crossed for some reprints of Goblin Matron in Eternal Masters. I want some foil Matrons :P
    Same here man, I have my foils from 7th but would love a modern border and the Urza's Saga art in foil. Also hoping for the Goblin Ringleader art from Vintage Masters and modern borders on Prospector and Gempalm!

EDIT: Also a chance at foil Ports!

Thread Information