Page 509 of 509 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509
Results 10,161 to 10,178 of 10178

Thread: [Deck] Goblins

Re: [Deck] Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    I'm not convinced. The ability is awesome with our high cmc, but other than that... It is yet another LEGENDARY goblin. Too bad the ability says 'cast', otherwise it would be insane!
    hummm at the first glance i wasn t conviced... now... i think he is going to change meta and probably banned!!! 16 damage free, cast him, cast for alternate cost pyrokinesis (deal 6) at your turn, next turn cast fireblast for alternate cost sacking two mountains (deal 4 + 6). 16 damage!!!!! REALLY!!!!!

Sent from my Be Touch 2 using Tapatalk

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Interesting... It seems to be a decent fit but the Legendary clause is a little bothersome. Still, it's a totally decent card. Would be nice if it had more of a body but you can't have it all. Yes, this guy makes Ringleader and Pyrokinesis better, and he gives us a way to play through Moat/Bridge/Elephant Grass without having to dilute the deck or take a sideboard slot. He also does a decent job of speeding up the clock...
    T1 lackey
    T2 lackey>Vial Smasher, cast Piledriver (3 damage total)
    T2.5 Pyrokinesis (6)
    T3 Attack, then cast any 3 cc card (11 damage)
    20 damage total

He also gives us an answer to Plainswalkers, right? Even though the damage gets assigned to an opponent randomly the controller of the damage still gets to decide if the damage goes to the player or plainswalker, if I'm not mistaken.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post

He also gives us an answer to Plainswalkers, right? Even though the damage gets assigned to an opponent randomly the controller of the damage still gets to decide if the damage goes to the player or plainswalker, if I'm not mistaken.
    I believe you are right, unless they changed the rules. I'm getting the hots for this guy! Still, being a Legendary Goblin sucks...
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Apr 2014
    Switzerland

Chatto
    I'm not convinced. The ability is awesome with our high cmc, but other than that... It is yet another LEGENDARY goblin. Too bad the ability says 'cast', otherwise it would be insane!
    Like Chatto already mentioned it, I wish it would text "Whenever you play..." instead of "Whenever you cast...", because this capacity doesn't apply to spells put with Aether Vial.

jrw1985

Interesting... It seems to be a decent fit but the Legendary clause is a little bothersome. Still, it's a totally decent card. Would be nice if it had more of a body but you can't have it all. Yes, this guy makes Ringleader and Pyrokinesis better, and he gives us a way to play through Moat/Bridge/Elephant Grass without having to dilute the deck or take a sideboard slot. He also does a decent job of speeding up the clock...
    T1 lackey
    T2 lackey>Vial Smasher, cast Piledriver (3 damage total)
    T2.5 Pyrokinesis (6)
    T3 Attack, then cast any 3 cc card (11 damage)
    20 damage total
    Not really, since goblins can goldfish kill T3, some examples are available here page 306. Even a t2 kill with Kiki-Jiki and Lightning Crafter, see post #6118. But it gives us free damages where we can quietly multiply our goblins before the big last swing.

Definitely one to test.

I'm not sure it's worth it but it doesn't say it has to resolve. So maybe damage dealing under Cb etcetera

Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I'm not sure it's worth it but it doesn't say it has to resolve. So maybe damage dealing under Cb etcetera
    True but mirracles is a matchup that we can't loose anyways;)

Quote Originally Posted by dissy View Post
    True but mirracles is a matchup that we can't loose anyways;)
    he will help when we are in chump block mode and when we dont have vials. i am starting to like him.

small tournaments stats, 3 rounds... and 3 losses

Round 1 - Omnishow on draw: Lost 1-2
    Round 2 - Burn on draw: Lost 0-2
    Round 3 - Eldrazi on draw: Lost 0-2

This week goblins just didnt want to work.
    Omnishow, 3 games where race, i won the first lost the others, all starting lackey hands.

Burn, 1st game, mull to 3 because of no lands, 2nd game kept 7, and the first 5 rounds draw 4 lands and a vial.

Eldrazi, 1st game mull to 5, perfect hand for eldrazi and at turn 3 i lost. 2nd game, mull to 4 and i was overrun by a bus

too much mulligans because of no lands, only against omnishow was good. couldnt disrupt him enougth game 2 and 3, and lost.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesypunk View Post
    he will help when we are in chump block mode and when we dont have vials. i am starting to like him.

small tournaments stats, 3 rounds... and 3 losses

Round 1 - Omnishow on draw: Lost 1-2
    Round 2 - Burn on draw: Lost 0-2
    Round 3 - Eldrazi on draw: Lost 0-2

This week goblins just didnt want to work.
    Omnishow, 3 games where race, i won the first lost the others, all starting lackey hands.

Burn, 1st game, mull to 3 because of no lands, 2nd game kept 7, and the first 5 rounds draw 4 lands and a vial.

Eldrazi, 1st game mull to 5, perfect hand for eldrazi and at turn 3 i lost. 2nd game, mull to 4 and i was overrun by a bus

too much mulligans because of no lands, only against omnishow was good. couldnt disrupt him enougth game 2 and 3, and lost.
    Do you have a list?

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Meh
    "Gobble Gobble"

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinTurkey View Post

Meh
    какашка

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Forkbeard View Post
    Do you have a list?
    i'm playing the same list for 4 weeks.

23 LANDS
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Mountain
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Plateau
    1 Taiga

30 CREATURES
    3 Goblin Lackey
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Tin Street Hooligan
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Siege-Gang Commander

4 INSTANTS and SORC.
    3 Tarfire

4 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Aether Vial

SIDEBOARD
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Rest in Peace
    2 Containment Priest
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Confusion in the Ranks

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

I look forward to a world where we don't feel the need to post literally every single new goblin printed in this thread, especially the obviously unplayable ones like this court jester is.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

that sucks jonsey.
    First result with my goblins no lackey list.

2-1 Grixis Delver (Krenko makes more tokens than young pyromancer:), bloodmoon verry strong and chalice on 1 kills them
    2-0 Enchantress (Aerwig squad turn 3 en a natural kill)
    2-0 Storm (Aerwig squad turn 2 twice)
    1-2 Maverick (couldn't land Aerwig Squad and the equipments killed me)
    1-2 Deathblade (couldn't land Aerwig Squad and the equipments killed me)
    2-1 Shardless Bugg (Krenk is game)
    2-0 painter (Aerwig squad removed the wincon)
    2-0 Miracles (Aerwig Squad, Krenko with gempalm took care of the angels)
    1-2 Maverick?? (Equipments are a problem)

First thoughts after these Xmage rounds:
    Krenk is boss, 10 times better than siege-gang
    Port is not neccesarry
    Aerwig Squad is verry powerfull if u can land it turn 2 of 3 (wich happens a lot)
    Bloodmoon en Chalice out of the board are verry powerfull

Biggest problem are equipments it seems a TNN with a jitte or a random creature with SoFaI is really hard to beat

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    I look forward to a world where we don't feel the need to post literally every single new goblin printed in this thread, especially the obviously unplayable ones like this court jester is.
    Not to mention the art is absolutely horrendous. It seems wizards have been making new goblins without any consideration to the "tribe".

I attended my third Legacy tournament a while ago, again (3 times out of 3) with Goblins, and to a decent success. I wrote a short and sloppy blog (report) about it, so if anyone is interested for more details, check it out. Anyway, this is the deck I played:

Creature (32)
    1x Earwig Squad
    2x Gempalm Incinerator
    1x Goblin Chieftain
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Matron
    3x Goblin Piledriver
    4x Goblin Ringleader
    1x Goblin Settler
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter
    3x Goblin Warchief
    1x Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
    1x Krenko, Mob Boss
    2x Mogg War Marshal
    1x Siege-Gang Commander
    1x Skirk Prospector
    1x Stingscourger
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

Land (23)
    1x Badlands
    2x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Cavern of Souls
    3x Mountain
    4x Rishadan Port
    2x Scalding Tarn
    1x Taiga
    4x Wasteland
    2x Wooded Foothills

Instant (1)
    1x Tarfire

Artifact (4)
    4x AEther Vial

Sideboard (15)
    1x Ancient Grudge
    2x Krosan Grip
    1x Pyroblast
    3x Pyrokinesis
    1x Red Elemental Blast
    3x Relic of Progenitus
    1x Tarfire
    1x Tin Street Hooligan
    2x Warping Wail

I ended up going 4-1-1 for the 4th place out of 21 competitors. I really like how Legacy plays (I play modern mainly), and Goblins is my fav tribe of course. Anyhow, Goblin Settler was kinda not needed, but other singletons in the main were great. Earwig Squad is fantastic, however, and I'll look to add more next time (December 4th), maybe main and probably sideboard at least. I'm also thinking about adding one more MWM or Tarfire.

The problem is that I'm a legacy "n00b" and would like to get some feedback as to what match-ups are good, neutral and bad with my decklist? I'm doing well due to tight plays and good usage of cards, not because I know the format. I also don't have the knowledge (and the guts) to play Cabal Therapy in the side, although it's a great card. Luckily our legacy tournaments are more casual than full of spikes, so that helps. Thanks! :)

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by treach View Post
    I attended my third Legacy tournament a while ago, again (3 times out of 3) with Goblins, and to a decent success. I wrote a short and sloppy blog (report) about it, so if anyone is interested for more details, check it out. Anyway, this is the deck I played:

Creature (32)
    1x Earwig Squad
    2x Gempalm Incinerator
    1x Goblin Chieftain
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Matron
    3x Goblin Piledriver
    4x Goblin Ringleader
    1x Goblin Settler
    1x Goblin Sharpshooter
    3x Goblin Warchief
    1x Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
    1x Krenko, Mob Boss
    2x Mogg War Marshal
    1x Siege-Gang Commander
    1x Skirk Prospector
    1x Stingscourger
    1x Tuktuk Scrapper

Land (23)
    1x Badlands
    2x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Cavern of Souls
    3x Mountain
    4x Rishadan Port
    2x Scalding Tarn
    1x Taiga
    4x Wasteland
    2x Wooded Foothills

Instant (1)
    1x Tarfire

Artifact (4)
    4x AEther Vial

Sideboard (15)
    1x Ancient Grudge
    2x Krosan Grip
    1x Pyroblast
    3x Pyrokinesis
    1x Red Elemental Blast
    3x Relic of Progenitus
    1x Tarfire
    1x Tin Street Hooligan
    2x Warping Wail

I ended up going 4-1-1 for the 4th place out of 21 competitors. I really like how Legacy plays (I play modern mainly), and Goblins is my fav tribe of course. Anyhow, Goblin Settler was kinda not needed, but other singletons in the main were great. Earwig Squad is fantastic, however, and I'll look to add more next time (December 4th), maybe main and probably sideboard at least. I'm also thinking about adding one more MWM or Tarfire.

The problem is that I'm a legacy "n00b" and would like to get some feedback as to what match-ups are good, neutral and bad with my decklist? I'm doing well due to tight plays and good usage of cards, not because I know the format. I also don't have the knowledge (and the guts) to play Cabal Therapy in the side, although it's a great card. Luckily our legacy tournaments are more casual than full of spikes, so that helps. Thanks! :)
    There is a paragraph a out Matchups & Sideboarding in the Opening Post that you might find worth reading. I would classify your list as a "classic" one whenever the paragraph makes a comparison between classic vs. Winstigator
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

I remember a phase where people were trying Purphoros in some classic lists. Where as I see it, Vial Smasher accomplishes some of the same things while losing some of the faults people had with Purphoros not being a goblin and such.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end.

New thread can be found here. Please show you love to GoboLord for the work he has done for this thread and throw your support behind Olaf as he leads the tribe into the future.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information