Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: [Deck] Meandeck MUD

Re: [Deck] Meandeck MUD

/
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperchord24 View Post
    Not to mention Lightning Greaves can be countered and Hall cannot.
    Yes, but greaves works on forged and welded creatures. With Hall coming in tapped, you really want it early. As a one of, that's no reliable enough for me.

Any thoughts about going 100% after a hasty BSC? Dropping the utility creatures and upping the greaves count.

my thoughts are that both reanimator and SnT are better at producing a fatty in a less complex and more reliable way....

the utility creatures are why you play this deck... blightsteel still gets exiled with swords

As a one of, you don't really count on it. As that match demonstrated, it's another oops, I win kind of card.

Interesting, I had been slowly moving toward a more focused list. Looking for either a turn one lock followed by a clock, or a hasty Wurmcoil or BSC on T2 or T3.

I'm going to take a second look at the toolbox. I do like having different options like the Mindslaver and Sundering Titan.

How about Faithless Looting? Currently I'm running 3. Other than the rare case where you can drop Welder on turn one and then loot on turn two into a fatty, I don't want to see it in the early game. It feels like a time walk/mulligan when it is my only turn one action and I'm just using it to improve my hand. Maybe I should just be sitting on it more, or throwing the hand back.

If things are going well, I feel like I should be dumping most of my hand pretty early, so Faithless Looting is often just an expensive Bazaar of Bahgdad in the mid to late game. Dumping 4 cards in the yard in seach of a large bot. I'm not sure it is worth it yet.

Thanks for the responses, we'll see if Jupiter can handle it this weekend.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ages View Post
    Interesting, I had been slowly moving toward a more focused list. Looking for either a turn one lock followed by a clock, or a hasty Wurmcoil or BSC on T2 or T3.

I'm going to take a second look at the toolbox. I do like having different options like the Mindslaver and Sundering Titan.

How about Faithless Looting? Currently I'm running 3. Other than the rare case where you can drop Welder on turn one and then loot on turn two into a fatty, I don't want to see it in the early game. It feels like a time walk/mulligan when it is my only turn one action and I'm just using it to improve my hand. Maybe I should just be sitting on it more, or throwing the hand back.

If things are going well, I feel like I should be dumping most of my hand pretty early, so Faithless Looting is often just an expensive Bazaar of Bahgdad in the mid to late game. Dumping 4 cards in the yard in seach of a large bot. I'm not sure it is worth it yet.

Thanks for the responses, we'll see if Jupiter can handle it this weekend.
    I agree with your opinion on Faithless, you rarely want to see more than 1 in a game. 3 or more probably 2 is the correct number i feel.
    I'd try them in the gamble spot on the latest SGC list.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    I agree with your opinion on Faithless, you rarely want to see more than 1 in a game. 3 or more probably 2 is the correct number i feel.
    I'd try them in the gamble spot on the latest SGC list.
    My list runs 3. That seems to be the right number. The awesome thing I found about Faithless Looting is that it can enable tricks with Welder early game. Before the printing of FLooting, Welder was just there as protection against non-exiling removal, permission and discard on your artifacts. Now, with FLooting, Welder can actually play the roll of Metalworker which is a means to cheat artifacts into play.

The only thing that doesn't play nice with Welder/FLooting trick is Blightsteel Colossus. I myself have cut it from my list though I won't deny it's ability to win games out of nowhere.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

New thread with an actual primer:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...Metalworker%29
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Thread Information