Thread: [Videos] Hannover (Germany) 19/02/2011

Jan 2009
    Hannover [Germany]

[Videos] Hannover (Germany) 19/02/2011

Hello evrybody.

Made some videos from top table at our last Legacy tournament here in Hannover.

But pls remember, don't blame any people on the video for missplayes or missing triggers. We all sometimes make mistakes by plaiing Magic, specially when ur facing "4:0/5:0" and a camera is watching u. :D

Have FUN watching and comment.

]2011
    19.Februar 2011 - 39 Teilnehmer, 6 Rounds
    PLAYLIST FEBRUAR
    Runde 4: Imperial Painter vs Sneak Attack : Game 1- Game 2 and 3
    Runde 5: Zoo vs TES : Game 1,2 and 3
    Runde 6: Doomsday vs Lands : Game 1 and 2- Game 3

For those people who can read German, here are some unsorted tournament reports.
    Mtg-Forum 19.02 Tournamentreport Thread

Greetings
    Maxe
    Last edited by Maxe; 02-22-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Re: [Videos] Hannover (Germany) 19/02/2011

I really like your videos. Keep them coming.

And the tournament reports are also interesting.

I would have loved to see the DDFT player in round 6 chain cantrips over cantrips and Top abilities into a hardcast Emrakul. lol

I'd really love to come to the tourney myself, but I'm somewhat hesitant towards the 5 hours of car trip. And I would always have to drive alone...

Funny how the dude playing Imperial Painter purposely (he picked the card up and read it) didn't recognize and adhere to Ulamog's triggered casting ability, which is destroying a permanent. I mean, the player casting him should have known this, but it is pretty bad when you purposely don't say anything and you know you're being taped for the world to see.

I'm quite sure he knew what it did; you don't own a set of Recruiters and are not serious about Legacy enough to know what Ulamog does, at least not after reading him. I'm so glad the Sneak Attack player smashed his face the next game.
    Last edited by Michael Keller; 02-22-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Survivalist
    Sep 2007
    Netherlands

Whats up with the tes player going land rite of flame chrome ritual burning wish to infernal tutor go ? Why does he waste so much cards to get an infernal.

May 2006
    Germany

I moved to Hanover 2 months ago. My cards are still in NRW, but maybe I'll pick them up the next time I'm there.
    I should be able to play your event in april.
    +++Team AYB (All your Base)+++

May 2010
    abqnm

Quote Originally Posted by Waikiki View Post
    Whats up with the tes player going land rite of flame chrome ritual burning wish to infernal tutor go ? Why does he waste so much cards to get an infernal.
    In the video he was saying that he miscounted so maybe he was trying to salvage as much as he could from a screw up?
    Island, go.

Jun 2009
    Hamburg, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Maxe View Post
    19.Februar 2011 - 39 Teilnehmer, 6 Rounds
    49 Participants, not 39. ;)

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007
    Michigan, specificly Lansing

People can and should comment on missed trigger/ misplays etc. They just shouldn't be rude or mean about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mossivo1986 View Post
    People can and should comment on missed trigger/ misplays etc. They just shouldn't be rude or mean about it.
    People are also entitled to their own opinions, and something tells me by all the facts presented in that video that player should be embarassed and humiliated knowing they were caught on camera cheating. He picked the card up and read it thoroughly. It's the *first* sentence on the card. Surely you cannot miss that when the game is on the line.

Maybe he did miss it; I have no idea. But I find it hard to buy frankly when you pick up a card and read it intently. The I.P. player knew what he was doing; you could tell by his demeanor. These players made it to the Top Eight of a large event. Maybe they misread it...okay. I just don't know why a bystander or judge didn't point that out then.

There were people watching. Just imagine if the I.P. player had won that game and then Game Three. I'm sure that would tell a much different story.

Just for clarification.

The Imperial Painter player says exactly this: "Cast... Then you can already destroy it when you cast it." Other player: "Yup." Painter player: "That's not bad of course. I counter it anyway."

But then the Sneak player seems to forget about it or he simply agreed without knowing what it means and that the counter doesn't prevent it. And yes, seems like the Painter player didn't tell him. But he did definitely not miss it. He knew and said it. And there were obviously several people watching the match. Don't know why noone said anything. After all, it reads 'destroy target permanent', not 'you may destroy...'. It violates the rules, so I think someone should have said something.

And the Storm Player thought he had one mana more. He originally wanted to find something else, but when he noticed that he'd made a mistake, he just takes the IT and hopes for good topdecks.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Quote Originally Posted by Izor View Post
    And the Storm Player thought he had one mana more. He originally wanted to find something else, but when he noticed that he'd made a mistake, he just takes the IT and hopes for good topdecks.
    ...and he still won games 2 and 3. Note how "fast" the Zoo list was, and how badly it lost to the poorly played combo deck. Turn 1 Steppe Lynx didn't have fetches to support, and ended up being fairly terrible. Turn 1 Chain Lightning also sucked. Fireblast was great game 1, but it did nothing games 2 and 3.

This after a GIFT of a game 1. Seriously, Zoo doesn't beat Combo.

Jun 2009
    Hamburg, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by troopatroop View Post
    And he still won games 2 and 3. Note how "fast" the Zoo list was, and how badly it lost to the combo deck. Turn 1 Steppe Lynx didn't have fetches to support, and ended up being fairly terrible. Turn 1 Chain Lightning also sucks.
    Game2 was far away from winable.
    On Game3 I should have mulled down to Gaddock Teeg.

Seeing all my mistakes (in all three games) is like a slap in the face + I was very lucky Florian (the comboplayer) did one big mistake in Game1.

Jan 2009
    Tempe, AZ

Am I blind, or are the tournament reports missing?

Also, awesome videos. I wish every tournament came with these.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Quote Originally Posted by justMAD View Post
    Game2 was far away from winable.
    On Game3 I should have mulled down to Gaddock Teeg.

Seeing all my mistakes (in all three games) is like a slap in the face + I was very lucky Florian (the comboplayer) did one big mistake in Game1.
    I don't think you made any mistakes. Turn 1 Steppe Lynx is great against combo, you can't mull with that opening.

You weren't at fault, it's just the matchup.

Jan 2009
    Hannover [Germany]

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Harmless View Post
    Am I blind, or are the tournament reports missing?

Also, awesome videos. I wish every tournament came with these.
    Ups i just missed the link.

Coming up such gameplay errors made me a sick. We got 2-3 small rooms where we play in, so its hart to be everywhere for our judge.
    Next tournament i will give an announcment to all players, that they can, or even have to, "stop" the game and call a judge to correct these situations. Maybe not everybody knows this.

Greetings, Maxe

crwn thy frnicatr
    Sep 2009
    Germany, ST

Hey guys!

I'm the Imperial Painter player and just want to comment some statements.

Maybe he did miss it; I have no idea. But I find it hard to buy frankly when you pick up a card and read it intently. The I.P. player knew what he was doing; you could tell by his demeanor. These players made it to the Top Eight of a large event. Maybe they misread it...okay. I just don't know why a bystander or judge didn't point that out then.
    In fact, I read Ulamog because I wasn't sure about his abilities. Then I point out that it is a good card and I will counter it although the ability takes effect.
    Then in my mind I thought about how to arrange my blockers and possible outs I'd have. Nothing comes to my mind, the game was over for me at this point already.
    Then I simply forgot the trigger of Ulamog, as my oppenent does. None of the spectators said anything (the error with those flipped-wurmcoil engines-tokens was not noticed, too) and so we went ahead with me knowing that this game is not on the line, it's basically his at this point.

I didn't forget the Ulamog trigger intentionally, if my opponent or a spectator would have reminded me, I would have scooped it up in this moment. It's a lot harder to play in front of the camera because you're pretty nervous at that time. The situation was clearly a mistake of both players (and the spectators), but I think it's pretty unfair to say I cheated intentionally or that I'm an unfair player.

Right after that round standings were there and I was listed second with 5/0/0 due to an typing error from Maxe and I myself reported that instantly because nobody seems to have noticed it.

But it's the right decision from Maxe to tell the people about their duty to stop the game. I think most people simply don't know about that. For me, I just want to play a fair game and would be happy if someone will point it out if I make a mistake like that.

I'm quite sure he knew what it did; you don't own a set of Recruiters and are not serious about Legacy enough to know what Ulamog does, at least not after reading him. I'm so glad the Sneak Attack player smashed his face the next game.
    I don't know what the availability of cards has to do with the seriousness about Legacy. I'd be glad if you let me know that.

The TES Player made a mistake last time in front of the camera, so he was even more nervous and wanted to do everything right. He looks as his hand and if he topdecks an imprint for his Chrome Mox, he could go for EtW (10 token). But he miscalculated his mana(one to short) and he noticed it pretty late and had to make the best out of that situation.

Thread Information