Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: [Deck] Hive Mind

Re: [Deck] Hive Mind

Hi!

I am updating some of my older Legacy lists. I need some help and suggestions to a Hive Mind deck I have got (see below). I play in a semi-competive environment with friends, all kinds of decks are represented in the Aggro, Control and Combo categories. Any help will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Creature [3]
    3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Instant [23]
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Intuition
    4 Pact of Negation
    4 Pact of the Titan
    2 Slaughter Pact
    1 Summoner's Pact

Sorcery [8]
    4 Ponder
    4 Show and Tell

Artifact [3]
    3 Grim Monolith

Enchantment [4]
    4 Hive Mind

Land [19]
    3 Island
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    60 cards

Sideboard:
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Spell Pierce
    3 Firespout
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    15 cards

With fewer counters in the Meta and the addition of DTT, how would this deck do? Anyone playing it still?

Nov 2012
    Central New York

I actually think this deck could be positioned quite well right now with the decline in discard, counter magic, stifle and wasteland. Not many decks can beat a turn 2 hive mind into pact of the Titan protected by the 8 free counter spells that hive mind utilizes.
    Today I am become death. The destroyer of worlds. -Oppenheimer

Hi there. I'm giving this topic an "up". Anyone still playing this one? Any tested ideas/lists that could help?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

This deck has been basically completely outclassed by Omnitell. You might want to check that thread out.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    This deck has been basically completely outclassed by Omnitell. You might want to check that thread out.
    Actually I'm an Omnitell pilot too But I think - compared with the way Omnitell looks now - this one shouldn't be much weaker so I wonder if anyone has been toying around with it

The problem is that Miracles will counter copied Pacts pretty easy, just showing a land with CB, winning Hivemind player with a troll face - meanwhile against Omni they have to keep three mana spell on top and still lose to Boseiju - SnT - Omni - Emrakul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziga Murnau View Post
    The problem is that Miracles will counter copied Pacts pretty easy, just showing a land with CB, winning Hivemind player with a troll face - meanwhile against Omni they have to keep three mana spell on top and still lose to Boseiju - SnT - Omni - Emrakul.
    They can counter our spell but can't do the same with their copy so it won't work. The same goes for chalice for zero - it will counter our pact but not their. Or something changed and I'm wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    They can counter our spell but can't do the same with their copy so it won't work. The same goes for chalice for zero - it will counter our pact but not their. Or something changed and I'm wrong here?
    No, you're right and I have read Hivemind too long time ago ))) then it's possibly time to give Hivemind a try as a surprise factor on some big event.

Ok I'm going necro now

Anyone? I'm trying mono U now and I'm wondering if anyone could help me?

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Necro. Anyone still on this? Curious as to any current lists.

Planning to play the following soon:

3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn (might play 3 Grisselbrand instead)

3 Grim Monolith

4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Intuition
    4 Pact of Negation
    4 Pact of the Titan
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Summoner's Pact

3 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder
    1 Preordain
    4 Show and Tell

4 Hive Mind

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Volcanic Island

Sideboard
    1 Aetherling
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Consecrated Sphinx
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Pyroblast
    3 Pyroclasm
    1 Relic of Progenitus

I don't own the 3rd Emmy, loaning the Volcanics (might change them for Steam Vents in small events) and had to order quite some cards so I might go for the Grisselbrand route. Biggest reasons are that a SnT Emmy is vunerable to Karakas, Edict effects and Lily. Especially since I feel Maverick is more on a rise, dropping a knight with the SnT and in there turn fetch a Karakas with the Knight is a very possible play.

While Grisselbrand is vunerable to the same things (and more) and doesn't take over the board after one attack, he can react by drawing card which in response can protect him or at least make 'sure' you win the turn after you SnT him into play.

For me the reasoning for these two are very simple:
    Emmy= alternate wincon if he survives a turn and can attack (and even then you can lose on the counterattack)
    Grissel= win next turn with hivemind (if you don't have crap draws and have a bit of life to spare)

For the sideboard, mostly copied, but I think about maybe including Vendillion Clique/Defense Grid/Pithing Needle. Don't know yet. The pyroclasms are a certainty (or maybe kozileks return, so it can f*ck mom protecting Thalia) but also to stabilise a turn and to kill DRS/Hierarch/Arbor so they can't generate enough mana for the pact. Aetherling is a nice alternate wincon which is hardcastable and hard to remove if you have U (or UU to protect in your turn and theirs) to spare. Didn't order the Sphinx yet, I understand that he is über-powerful when he lives a turn, and can win the game just by dropping him against storm or elves, but with no search abilities for him (unless you put him 3 times in the sideboard and up the intuition count) I don't know how good he is. Maybe for now I'll replace him with another Cage (against graveyard strategies/elves/storm/GSZ/NO decks) I think it hits more decks.

Maybe even 4 Leylines of the Void against graveyard strategies and including 3/4 Helm's for an alternate turn 2/3 win. But then I would definitly play more intuitions.

Any suggestions are more then welcome.

EDIT: forgot that Emmy is also vulnerable to Oblivion Ring effects and to Jace.

Thread Information