Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Jan 2009
    Finland

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    so: it is a mana ability and canNOT be countered/blocked by Stifle/Needle, etc.

right?
    Yep, that's right. Lets forget LED now
    As someone posted earlier, you can succeed with a bluff w/ needle if your opponent doenst know how it works

but you can stop it through a Phyrexian Revoker. right?

Yes... Stifle can't obviously touch mana abilities, since they don't use the stack, and Needle specifically says "unless they're mana abilities" - Revoker does NOT say that.

Jun 2012
    Worcester

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    Yep, that's right. Lets forget LED now
    As someone posted earlier, you can succeed with a bluff w/ needle if your opponent doenst know how it works
    Did not know the needle thing would get blown out of proportion.
    I said u need to call a judge and ask the right question. If done correctly the bluff can get there.

Ok past the debate now
    you all win, I am a tard woo. Feel better.
    Last time I looked this was a form on twelve post, not needle

To answer some more questions about the deck

As far as the current meta game goes its sits very well
    All of the counterbalance decks, reanimator, blade, and sneak decks are very favorable matches.
    My list is used at Worcester is already out of date. The rug match up was very poor. So my deck has changed again. Mostly the sb. I now just about deck in deck out vrs rug. It takes tight play and some time
    Due to show and tell making every one run drake, the show and tell count has dropped from the main deck and thirst is back in.
    Use trinkets as a board out card a lot of the time. Its a slow card and only to be used in slow match UPS like blade and jace decks
    If you are feeling like getting candelabras so you can play the deck, I recommend getting a friend that knows how to play many decks well and proxing post and get a lot of grinding in.
    By the time you get the 3 sticks you will have a good grasp on how the deck works.
    It is not easy to play, the odd land base makes you keep interesting hands and making them work.
    Most of the hands that hurt the most are the ones with eye in them, or ones where u need to hit a land drop and you top into that as your land. It happens, but not often.
    Maverick zew goblins pox (decks that don't run counters) are perfect.
    Due to the fact you only need to think about there outs, and not what they can do to stop you
    The deck has a very weird way of fighting back and winning with very odd card combinations.
    If it is not winning then you just stick at playing it.
    Hands down storm is the worst match up. but not many play it due to the decks very high skill level it takes to pilot.
    I find as long as I don't lose early rounds I never get the match up.
    they are not auto losses, it just takes some luck and mulling. A chalice at zero or one can but u enough time to get a second soft lock or just win.
    all I can say is test the crap out of the deck. Maverick zew and fish are good starting points. Same WI

Mar 2007
    Montreal, Qc

Sexy mono-green list from TC Decks:

Creatures [7]
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    4 Primeval Titan

Instants [4]
    4 Crop Rotation

Sorceries [3]
    3 All Is Dust

Enchantments [2]
    2 Exploration

Planeswalkers [2]
    2 Karn Liberated

Artifacts [14]
    3 Crucible of Worlds
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Expedition Map

Lands [28]
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Buried Ruin
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Karakas
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Riftstone Portal
    1 Tower of the Magistrate
    2 Windswept Heath
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Vesuva
    5 Forest

Sideboard [15]
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Krosan Grip
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Wasteland
    1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1 Life from the Loam
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Pithing Needle

Source : http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...0&iddeck=63348

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Been out of the game for a bit. Started as a boycotting of Miracle card pricing and led into getting busy with reality. I'm back now though, and enthused that Miracle prices dropped to reasonable levels. This new list is disgustingly strong.

// Lands
    4 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [U] Tropical Island
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [IN] Island (1)
    1 [ON] Flooded Strand

// Creatures
    2 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    2 [M11] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

// Spells
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    4 [AVR] Temporal Mastery
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    3 [AVR] Devastation Tide
    4 [AL] Force of Will
    3 [FNM] Thirst for Knowledge

// Sideboard
    SB: 4 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 4 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 [LG] The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    SB: 3 [OD] Moment's Peace
    SB: 1 [DK] Maze of Ith
    SB: 2 [MI] Cursed Totem
    Last edited by Rock Lee; 07-27-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Are the 4 temporal masteries that useful? I honestly haven't been too impressed w/ the card.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by somethingdotdotdot View Post
    Are the 4 temporal masteries that useful? I honestly haven't been too impressed w/ the card.
    I've heard similar lackluster responses about Temporal Mastery from teammates and randoms, but I find Temporal Mastery to be ridiculous. The only goal this deck ever had, when being played well, was making land drops, and making it to the next turn, both of which Temporal Mastery does. TM hastes your Show & Tells, turns Primeval Titans into auto-win instead of "gain a ton of life and likely win" and buys you precious turns against tempo.

Now granted, I know I play this deck significantly more defensively than most. My goal is always to stall, not to pressure, so TM works magnificently with that strategy. I also play a heavy-blue build, where abusing miracle is relatively easy with 8 cards devoted to it.

That being said, there are certain matchups where TM is your most-dead card and you simply don't need the turns or 2 turns consecutively, but for the most part, it is absurd. I have never done a their-turn-eot-Temporal Mastery and lost a game in testing or tournament play.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

My friend has a Modern version (pre-banning) of this deck and he's been meaning to port his list in Legacy. I looking at your list as a reference Rock Lee. He has most of the cards in the list outside of Tropical Islands and Candelabras. While he doesn't have any problems borrowing Trops or running Basics along with the fetches, he is still wondering what's a good alternative for Candelabras in your list. Seeing its only a two-of, I am guessing that while they're good, they're not that much of a must. Any suggestions? Maybe a slight tweak of your list?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    My friend has a Modern version (pre-banning) of this deck and he's been meaning to port his list in Legacy. I looking at your list as a reference Rock Lee. He has most of the cards in the list outside of Tropical Islands and Candelabras. While he doesn't have any problems borrowing Trops or running Basics along with the fetches, he is still wondering what's a good alternative for Candelabras in your list. Seeing its only a two-of, I am guessing that while they're good, they're not that much of a must. Any suggestions? Maybe a slight tweak of your list?
    This question has been answered a few times in this thread, but basically there is no good replacement to Candelabra. Will the deck be viable without them? Of course. Will it do as well as it would with them? Not a chance.

If your friend still wants to give this a shot, I would suggest playtesting with a 4th devastation Tide, and 1 scroll rack in the 2 candelabra spots. The 2 candelabras atm do not mean that candelabra is weak at all. I normally run 3, and have run as many as 4. It is simply a meta call. The more wastelands there are, the worse candelabra holds down your hand. In the past I have said "do not run without candelabra and there are no substitutes" but the Miracle-Era of this deck allows for more flexible deckbuilding. I suggest your friend check out the alternate suggestion, but I wouldn't have them go buying cards on a lark until they test the deck and build competitively and completely.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    I've heard similar lackluster responses about Temporal Mastery from teammates and randoms, but I find Temporal Mastery to be ridiculous. The only goal this deck ever had, when being played well, was making land drops, and making it to the next turn, both of which Temporal Mastery does. TM hastes your Show & Tells, turns Primeval Titans into auto-win instead of "gain a ton of life and likely win" and buys you precious turns against tempo.
    If Temporal Mastery actually is good, I think I'm going to try to run Explore in the mono-green list. The extra combat phase is simply win-more if you already have a creature out. Also, it always costs 1G and can be played without a splash.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix View Post
    If Temporal Mastery actually is good, I think I'm going to try to run Explore in the mono-green list. The extra combat phase is simply win-more if you already have a creature out. Also, it always costs 1G and can be played without a splash.
    Go for it, however I found Temporal Mastery very difficult to fit into the mono-green version. I also found that without brainstorm that miracle was annoying to setup. "randomly flipping" miracle is where miracle is at its weakest, and generally only means a land drop. It is the set-up miracles that are entirely back breaking, where you can ignore an entire turn and plan accordingly. Really Eldrazi is one of the sneakiest of the decks out there right now, and the blue version expounds on this fact the most.

Apr 2008

Won my local weekly legacy event (vs goblins, Hive Mind, then Merfolk) and got 3rd at the Worcester weekly event (vs Infect *loss*, Mirror Match Eldrazi, URW control, Goblins. Top 4: Infect *loss*, UW Control.

Both matches against Infect were lost to 4 games of turn 3 Invigorate->berserk on Inkmoth. Both of them I had Primeval titans in play and lost, so if I was running Glacial Chasm would've won. Lesson. Learned.

Deck is stupidly powerful, strongly suggest folks who have this shelved pick it up.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Deck is stupidly powerful, strongly suggest folks who have this shelved pick it up.
    If I had a blank check budget, I'd buy this deck before any of the DTB. It really is stupidly powerful. It has a game plan against basically everything. Even really fast combo decks like Dredge, Reanimator, etc. you always have options provided you think several turns ahead and take your time.

I've actually fucked up an opponent's grave post-board via a Crop Rotation into Bojuka Bog, before Past in Flames could flashback everything.

Rock, don't you miss maindeck Wasteland? Also, I've been giving some serious thought to Life from the Loam to replace the 3rd Crucible in the mono-green list. Its so much better with SDT.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix View Post
    Rock, don't you miss maindeck Wasteland? Also, I've been giving some serious thought to Life from the Loam to replace the 3rd Crucible in the mono-green list. Its so much better with SDT.
    MD waste is most powerful in a mono blue or fow-less build imo. I don't feel like it is strong enough atm. It doesn't answer your troublesome matchups, so it is the definition of win-more. Loam seems like a great plan, until you dredge an Eldrazi. I still ran 2 Loam in my sb against team america, but it was mostly just to scoop up my wasted posts, and they felt too demoralized to counter it.

Jan 2009
    Finland

wery well, Ill try the new list. Cutting show and tell seems legit in a fatty-infested meta. On another note; rock, would you mind writing a primer for this deck? It would be time to move the thread to the established forum

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    wery well, Ill try the new list. Cutting show and tell seems legit in a fatty-infested meta. On another note; rock, would you mind writing a primer for this deck? It would be time to move the thread to the established forum
    There's a primer in this thread already. Also my current build runs Show & Tell in the side, since it is a strong strategy against many decks, but is a liability against enough of the format to not warrant maindecking atm. I could consolidate it if you wish. I have no clue how to get a deck moved to the Established Decks forum. But I'll see what I can do. I've definitely put in more work and results than several of the decks in that forum, and 40,000+ views shows that there is interest.

This is still debatable, but similar to what I will bring to a major event next withholding any realizations about the meta I have.

// Lands
    4 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [U] Tropical Island
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [IN] Island (1)
    1 [ON] Flooded Strand

// Creatures
    2 [M11] Primeval Titan

// Spells
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [AVR] Temporal Mastery
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    3 [AVR] Devastation Tide
    4 [AL] Force of Will

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 [M11] Primeval Titan
    SB: 1 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 [US] Show and Tell
    SB: 1 [M10] Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 [IA] Glacial Chasm

Apr 2008

Just came back from winning at Ice Imports in CT. Their Tuesday events just ramped up in popularity due to absurdly generous prize structure. 5$ entry for over 250$ in prize.

Head count was between 28-30 and I took it home 1st with Eldrazi. (I did split 1st/2nd but only because the person I was playing wanted the 2nd place prize anyway so whynot). I faced 2x RUG, High Tide, and Maverick. Using a very similar build to what I posted just above this. I was testing a Candelabra-less build, which I am not sure about the strength of yet. It was decent, and there is logic to not run candelabra. But I mostly went there today without them to see if I could do it without. I pitched many non-artifact cards to Thirst, which makes me very sad.

// Lands
    4 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [U] Tropical Island
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    2 [IN] Island (1)

// Creatures
    2 [M11] Primeval Titan

// Spells
    4 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [AVR] Temporal Mastery
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    4 [AVR] Devastation Tide
    4 [AL] Force of Will

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 [M11] Primeval Titan
    SB: 1 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 [US] Show and Tell
    SB: 1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    SB: 1 [10E] Pithing Needle

Jan 2009
    Finland

Tried the new list against my friend playing RUG and MUD. The new list does certainly pack a punch. Temporal mastery does peak in powerlevel in this deck, specially when set up it really feels like vintage time walk.

3-0 in games against RUG and 0-3 against MUD. The MUD matchup is still terrible due to chalice @ 1, lodestone golem and wasteland + crucible. I've played against MUD multiple times with different lists and came out on the losing side. Against Maverick, RUG and Stoneblade this version is strong, as the other versions were.

I feel declined to react to the MUD matchup though, as it really isn't a common deck.

EDIT: This version is(/feels) better against RUG than the previous lists were

Also, not sure this can support glacial chasm in any other scenario than a primeval titan in play(winning anyway), maybe counting out the infect-matchup. I guess if you run into a lot of infect then it's worth the SB-slot, otherwise probably not.
    Last edited by Xtreme; 08-01-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Crop rotation into Glacial Chasm has saved my ass a bunch of times vs burn. It's also great for buying a turn after show and telling an Eldrazi into play.

This new version is great. I've done alright vs MUD as long as I counter the chalice at 1.

Thread Information