Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    What's the optimal number of candles for this deck?
    I was asked this more and more as the day went by. I own a playset, and some of the time a playset is the number you want, some of the times 3, 2, and 1 are the right amount. I've played the deck with zero and it always felt like I wanted some number of them.

In my matches that day, when I had it I never said "this candelabra is holding me down," which I have in the past when running multiples. And in my Goblins matchup I drew the candelabra when I wanted it, which was when I had ~1/3 of my starting deck left, which statistically speaking is where you should be with running only 1.

Long answer: ^

Short answer: 1, for now.

Oh also. Report is posted for those interested.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ce-Open-Oct-14

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by lochlan View Post
    There is nothing stopping anyone from creating a new thread in the Established forum.
    The point is I've asked mods to MOVE this thread to the Established thread. This thread contains all the questions that newfound deck builders and players would have with the deck. It is VERY rare that I don't get a repeat-question that hasn't been answered 5 times already in this thread. Moving it to Established would save the few people who are improving the deck a massive amount of hassle and headache in addition to acknowledging the deck as a viable archetype.

That's not my play, I'm just choosing to reveal it
    Oct 2011
    Portland, OR.

I understand "the point" that you want this exact thread in the Established forum, but really: does it matter? The opening post is 1) from February 2011 and 2) is not a primer. If you want this deck in the Established forum so much then make a thread with an awesome primer as the first post. Link people to this thread in the opening post and if anybody asks repeat questions, direct them to this thread. As-is, if the thread is moved it won't have a nice primer as the first post, which I believe is the prerequisite for inclusion in the Established forum. I realize that, in practice, that isn't actually how it is--but some of the best threads (e.g. TES, Dredge, the Rock) follow this model, which I personally think works well.

I think everyone can agree that--particularly in light of your awesome showing at the Open yesterday--this deck can reasonably be called "Established". I just don't see the big deal in creating a new thread if you're that interested in giving this deck the pedigree (I guess?) of membership in the Established forum. Or don't, whatever. In any case, I think you've already proven your point that this deck is beyond the "New and Developmental" stage, regardless of where the thread lives. I do think it's possible that the thread will get moved now that you took 2nd at an Open, but if it doesn't you do always have the option of starting a new-and-improved one.

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by lochlan View Post
    I understand "the point" that you want this exact thread in the Established forum, but really: does it matter? The opening post is 1) from February 2011 and 2) is not a primer. If you want this deck in the Established forum so much then make a thread with an awesome primer as the first post. Link people to this thread in the opening post and if anybody asks repeat questions, direct them to this thread. As-is, if the thread is moved it won't have a nice primer as the first post, which I believe is the prerequisite for inclusion in the Established forum. I realize that, in practice, that isn't actually how it is--but some of the best threads (e.g. TES, Dredge, the Rock) follow this model, which I personally think works well.

I think everyone can agree that--particularly in light of your awesome showing at the Open yesterday--this deck can reasonably be called "Established". I just don't see the big deal in creating a new thread if you're that interested in giving this deck the pedigree (I guess?) of membership in the Established forum. Or don't, whatever. In any case, I think you've already proven your point that this deck is beyond the "New and Developmental" stage, regardless of where the thread lives. I do think it's possible that the thread will get moved now that you took 2nd at an Open, but if it doesn't you do always have the option of starting a new-and-improved one.
    I've been digging about trying to find the source of this, but for some reason I was certain I didn't have posting privileges in the forum and decks had to be approved to get into that forum. Could have been years back though. I remember being told this as well so it was heresay on lack of research. I'll write up a primer tonight and maybe tomorrow depending on how long it takes.

Apr 2008

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Turbo-Eldrazi

Established list made. I love this thread and was hoping for a movement, but was pressured by a mod and several persons to make a new thread with a primer as the first post.

Please redirect all questions there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    What's the optimal number of candles for this deck?
    Depends on your build. UG typically needs less than mono-green, especially if it's running Show & Tell and/or Trinket Mage.

For mono-green, I'd say at least 3x. I noticed a huge and immediate difference in consistency after I acquired my third. I also noticed a big improvement after adding the fourth, but nowhere near the marginal difference between 2x and 3x, which was truly night and day.

heyyy Long time no talk guys for those that don't remember me my name is John Kassari (look me up for older 12 Post lists) [Tried UG originally but now on Mono Green Post] and I just bought the 12 Post deck again on MTGO because i'll be grinding Legacy for next years Legacy GP's I usually stream on Twitch.tv/ehhhhhhh

1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Crop Rotation
    3 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Primeval Titan
    3 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Veteran Explorer
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    2 Warping Wail

2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Eye of Ugin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    1 Snow-Covered Plains
    3 Savannah
    1 Vesuva
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost

3 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Circle of Protection: Red
    1 Dawnstrider
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Thespian's Stage

You may want to check the Turbo Eldrazi thread in the established decks forum for more up to date info. Nice necro, though.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ldrazi/page286
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Thread Information